XSX vs PS5
Pros and slims

Is it tho?
1 user liked this post: Potato
Is AVOWED logo supposed to look like Avatar's?
1 user liked this post: Nintex

pathetic
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/03/an-important-update-on-concord/

game being refunded, servers going offline
3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Nintex, who is ted danson?
Should've added support for the Retard controller Trumps
1 user liked this post: nachobro
(09-03-2024, 04:04 PM)nachobro wrote: https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/03/an-important-update-on-concord/

game being refunded, servers going offline

So they're going free to play and PS+

That won't save it.

Sony going all in on GAAS this generation has got to go down as one of the most strategically inept decisions in the history of gaming. It's only being outdone by Microsoft being...Microsoft.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?

They have like 30 IPs on ice, fucking clowns  lol
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
The one that shocks me is SOCOM. How the fuck do you decide to shift to a GAAS focus and just completely ignore your original multiplayer ip? Killzone as well to an extent. 

I can’t imagine a ps5 pro is going to sell well.
3 users liked this post: Nintex, who is ted danson?, MJBarret
There's enough of these idiots  PlayStation™ Fan Discussing Their Fine Products to make it worthwhile, and until Microsoft sorts itself out, there will always be the FIFA, Madden, CoD retards who will buy that shit by default.
2 users liked this post: Nintex, who is ted danson?
(09-04-2024, 10:11 PM)Nintex wrote:

They have like 30 IPs on ice, fucking clowns  lol

Never, ever, EVER listen to the CFO about creative decisions.
1 user liked this post: Potato
Apologies for the Kotaku link, but article contains no complaining about any -isms or -phobias at all. 

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2024/09/astro-bot-is-an-incredible-reminder-that-the-ps5-era-has-been-a-huge-bummer/

Quote:But it’s been four years since the PS5 launched with Astro’s Playroom installed and the new game also inadvertently spotlights the fact that, despite four trips around the sun, the system has remarkably little to show for it.

Quote:But after finding a couple hundred, I realized something was off. By my count, I’ve only encountered one that originates from a PlayStation 5 exclusive in those 250: Rivet from Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. But I look at a list of Sony’s output this generation, and ask myself what else would they pick from? What has Sony released for the PS5 that has had any cultural impact that stands alongside characters like Kratos or Nathan Drake? Is it really that surprising that Astro Bot has a dearth of works to draw from?

Quote:There are points when each console era and its respective heroes get their time in the spotlight with a dedicated sequence for each generation. The PS5 is conspicuously skipped over, however, as if there wasn’t enough material to merit it.

Quote:Four years in, the PlayStation 5 has been characterized by remasters and remakes banking on old ideas from better days, the upheaval of decades of legacy through studio shutdowns and job losses, the disappearance of beloved series that don’t fit a specific prestige framework Sony’s leaning into these days, and a live-service focus that has panned out exactly once. Just days before Astro Bot’s launch, Sony and Firewalk Studios announced plans to shut down Concord, one of the biggest pillars of Sony’s focus on forever games, two weeks after it came to stores. Astro Bot is a celebration, but what are we celebrating? Our collective endurance? The memory of a console family that was once characterized by a spirit of innovation which cannot be recaptured in this “number go up at all cost” climate?

Quote:But Astro Bot reflects so poorly on everything Sony’s done since we last played as its robot hero. It is perhaps the most joyful thing to come out of Sony since the last Astro Bot, but so much of that joy comes from looking back rather than existing in the now because all we have now is a wasteland. I’m scared about what that says for the future.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
Sony re-learned that they should copy Nintendo's homework.

With that said, while Astro Bot seems like a great game it looks to be at odds with their direction.
A new more expensive PS5 will drop and they just increased the price of the PS5 in Japan. 

What they should've done is DROP the price of the PS5 and push Astro Bot for the holiday season. With no Switch 2 on the horizon yet, they could've maybe persuaded some Switch owners to pick up a PS5. Now it'll be another well reviewed title that doesn't move the needle for hardware.

With Wukong, The First Descendant, Astro Bot, Warhammer 40k Space Marine II and Xbox dead in the water it is just mind boggling how Sony is fucking this up.  lol

They basically have a line-up of Chinese Devil May Cry, Destiny with Waifus, Super Sony Galaxy, Gears of Warhammer and they should be doing a victory lap right now.