Fighting Games Thread
[Image: mMGSpfH.png]
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, bork
it does make me laugh how in every SF there's the same legion of ryu players running the hadoken/neutral jump/walk back srk strategy like their life depends on it. god bless you all Thank you for your service!
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, bork, D3RANG3D
I like sf6 but id wish they had more (or any) sf3 characters
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
After the previews I thought I could skip it, but then Capcom hits us with another banger.
I don't have time to play it, but I might pick it up anyway.  
Yeshrug

Not sure to go with PC or Xbox though, seems more like a console game but on PC I could play it on Steamdeck too and I've read that it runs pretty well.
Not to mention there are usually many more opportunities for modding and probably more sales for the DLC's down the line. Wish I had a stable and easy way to stream PC to my OLED without any lag or fiddling with screen and audio settings.
https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

SF6 tournament at Dreamhack if anyone is interested in watching.  Love seeing the literal day 1(or 2) tech.

edit: doesn't look like I can link twitch channels. main channel is "dreamhackfighters". "teamsp00ky" is restreaming it which is the one I'm watching.
(06-03-2023, 07:30 AM)remy wrote: it does make me laugh how in every SF there's the same legion of ryu players running the hadoken/neutral jump/walk back srk strategy like their life depends on it. god bless you all Thank you for your service!

I had a torrent of Ken matches yesterday at one point- like 10 in a row were all Ken players and only one was actually good.  SPAM THOSE SRKS ALL DAY

Some things never change.
Heh
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, remy, Red Cyclone
(06-03-2023, 11:55 AM)Nintex wrote: After the previews I thought I could skip it, but then Capcom hits us with another banger.
I don't have time to play it, but I might pick it up anyway.  
Yeshrug

Not sure to go with PC or Xbox though, seems more like a console game but on PC I could play it on Steamdeck too and I've read that it runs pretty well.
Not to mention there are usually many more opportunities for modding and probably more sales for the DLC's down the line. Wish I had a stable and easy way to stream PC to my OLED without any lag or fiddling with screen and audio settings.

It runs at 60 FPS on lower settings on the Steam Deck no problem.  Looks kind of ugly this way (the character models in particular look a bit blurry and washed out) but it's completely playable.  But I have yet to mess with the options to see if it will run at 60 with some stuff turned up.

Mods are already out there.  Hell, they had multiple mods up for the beta after it got cracked months ago.
(06-03-2023, 11:19 AM)MMaRsu wrote: I like sf6 but id wish they had more (or any) sf3 characters

Hey, it has Ken, Ryu, and Chun-Li!
But that's none of my business...
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MMaRsu
(06-03-2023, 06:08 PM)bork wrote:
(06-03-2023, 07:30 AM)remy wrote: it does make me laugh how in every SF there's the same legion of ryu players running the hadoken/neutral jump/walk back srk strategy like their life depends on it. god bless you all Thank you for your service!

I had a torrent of Ken matches yesterday at one point- like 10 in a row were all Ken players and only one was actually good.  SPAM THOSE SRKS ALL DAY

Heh

Haven't played any online matches yet but do they still do the classic wiff LP SRK immediately into HP SRK?
(06-03-2023, 07:29 PM)Red Cyclone wrote:
(06-03-2023, 06:08 PM)bork wrote:

Heh

Haven't played any online matches yet but do they still do the classic wiff LP SRK immediately into HP SRK?

Are you sure you haven't already played it?
Heh
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Red Cyclone
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, Nintex

You can also text cammy wth is this game Titus
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MMaRsu
[Image: FxsJhLHWYAAdxSJ.png]
everything reminds me of her Stahp

Titus
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Red Cyclone, MMaRsu, Nintex
honda deserves to suffer but JPs reversal is so bullshit 

like why does it trigger on throws too lmao
Installing Street Fighter 6 on Xbox now.
I got the Lenticular Edition which makes the boxart 5% less shitty.

Even though I'm a big Capcom fan I'm not going to pay 299 for the Collectors Box  Doge
The SF4 Collectors Edition was only 80 back in the day. Feels bad, man
I don't know if it can be called a Fighting Game(?) but World Tour is crazy fun. 

I can't believe they made 'Street Fighter' literally after all these years and you can fight everybody on the streets.  lol
I've been grinding ranked mode pretty hard. I'm not naturally good at SF but I like it a lot. So far I've made it up to plat 3 with juri.

ranked seems kinda chaotic  lol one game you'll fight the world's crispiest guile with varied boom timing and the next will be against a ryu who barely knows how to block. even at plat level. just a wild time.

really enjoying it though. the total lack of downtime with the fast loading and almost instant matchmaking is fucking addictive. it's like a line to a wall to wall packed arcade 24/7
(06-14-2023, 01:20 AM)remy wrote: I've been grinding ranked mode pretty hard. I'm not naturally good at SF but I like it a lot. So far I've made it up to plat 3 with juri.

ranked seems kinda chaotic  lol one game you'll fight the world's crispiest guile with varied boom timing and the next will be against a ryu who barely knows how to block. even at plat level. just a wild time.

really enjoying it though. the total lack of downtime with the fast loading and almost instant matchmaking is fucking addictive. it's like a line to a wall to wall packed arcade 24/7

I need to get on ranked already- I've only been playing casuals.  I do kinda like playing with no rank but I'm missing out on playing with a whole other set of folks!

Whew
Tried modern controls for the first time with Lily.  Played a few casual matches then did my placements and ended up in Platinum.

Took me months to get there with Dhalsim in SFV.  lol

Not going to stick with modern controls since I like having full control with classic but I'm glad they added the new controls.  Could see how someone with less investment into the game could be frustrated after eating jumpins because they couldn't consistently DP and eventually quit.

Spoiler:  (click to show)