Whoopi demands Blizzard bring Diablo IV to Apple
"I'm telling you, this really pissed me off!"
https://www.pcgamer.com/whoopi-goldberg-lambasts-blizzard-for-not-releasing-diablo-4-on-mac-this-really-pissed-me-off/ wrote:In a video reminiscent of a recorded speech from an exiled political leader, Whoopi Goldberg has criticised Blizzard for not releasing Diablo 4 on her "favourite gaming system": the Mac.

In a clip posted to Instagram yesterday, seemingly shot in Goldberg's cavernous armoury of shoes, the actress and comedian made clear that, although there are more pressing crises affecting mankind right now, she was a little miffed at Diablo 4's sudden absence from Apple platforms. She castigated Blizzard for not giving sufficient warning to Mac users that—unlike Diablo 3—Diablo 4 wouldn't be available on any desktop platform but Windows. "I use Apple computers, that's what I've always used to play Diablo," said Goldberg, "and suddenly now Diablo 4 is not available to me on my Apple computer!"

3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, BIONIC
https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/7/23752164/apple-mac-gaming-game-porting-toolkit-windows-games-macos
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Derp
Fairness to Whoopi, it is unusual for a Diablo game not getting a macOS release.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore
I think Diablo III was the last major (i.e. not counting spin-offs, expansions and remakes) Blizzard game to have a Mac version, so the tradition of Mac support was broken some time ago.

I get the complaints, though. I’ve always thought of Diablo as a good laptop game thanks to moderate system requirements and undemanding controls, so it’s quite disappointing for it not to be there when Mac laptops are at a high point right now.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Kadayi, chronovore
At Apple we're really proud of our achievements with Apple Vision Pro. Bringing incredible new content to Spatial Computing from both our internal software and content teams as well as our partners working on exciting new projects such as Fruit Ninja for Apple Vision Pro. Today I'd like to welcome a good friend and the head of Xbox: Phil Spencer to talk more about the great games coming to Apple Vision Pro.

*Woo-hoo / Woo-hoo / Woo-hoo / Woo-hoo / I got my head checked / By a jumbo jet / It wasn't easy / But nothing is, no....*
Applause Applause Applause

Thanks Tim. I am thrilled to be here at the WWDC. I remember when this was called MacWorld and Apple announced these incredible new products. Of course at Xbox our minds got racing when we watched the unveiling of the Apple Vision Pro and we want to be at the forefront of this new Spatial Computing trend with great Xbox, Blizzard, Activision and Bethesda content. It really reminded us of those good old MacWorld days and how far we've come since the unveiling of HALO on Mac and of course our suite of Microsoft Office Apps on iPhone.

We listened to your and Whoopis feedback and we're happy to announce that yes, Hell is coming to Apple Vision Pro in the near future! We can't wait to carry over the momentum of Sea of Thieves and the upcoming Diablo inspired DLC "Sea of Hells" to the Apple Vision Pro. And that's not all Tim. We're also proud to announce DOOM for Apple Vision Pro. This adaptation of the Classic Doom game runs natively on the Apple Vision Pro. Bringing the sprites and super shotgun to life like never before.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Kadayi
We used to fiend Warcraft 3 in our Mac only computer lab in high-school.
Yeah, I think if someone is not a geek/gamer/propellorhead, having D IV just on Windows does seem like a slight.

A heap of Blizzard's back catalog runs on Mac. It's not unreasonable to expect it would work. 

Mac is a crap game computer, but the new silicon machines are fucking fast, and might be able to bridge the performance gap.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
(06-11-2023, 02:46 AM)chronovore wrote: Yeah, I think if someone is not a geek/gamer/propellorhead, having D IV just on Windows does seem like a slight.

A heap of Blizzard's back catalog runs on Mac. It's not unreasonable to expect it would work. 

Mac is a crap game computer, but the new silicon machines are fucking fast, and might be able to bridge the performance gap.

I think its mostly down to Apple creating their own compulsory API in Metal, and the Mac marketshare for gaming being like... 1%? making it not really worth the effort for people not already making their engines IOS ready (Unreal and Unity).
If they'd stuck with Vulkan / OpenGL, they'd probably be getting the same ports from anyone doing a Linux port anyway.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, Kadayi
This bitch has the gall to bitch about not being able to play the game with the epitomy of port begging with the amount of cheddar she has? Fuck her and her fat mouth.  STFU, whoopi you cunt.
Pacspit
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Kadayi, D3RANG3D, Nintex
(06-11-2023, 01:33 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(06-11-2023, 02:46 AM)chronovore wrote: Yeah, I think if someone is not a geek/gamer/propellorhead, having D IV just on Windows does seem like a slight.

I think its mostly down to Apple creating their own compulsory API in Metal, and the Mac marketshare for gaming being like... 1%? making it not really worth the effort for people not already making their engines IOS ready (Unreal and Unity).
If they'd stuck with Vulkan / OpenGL, they'd probably be getting the same ports from anyone doing a Linux port anyway.

It's almost certainly a large part of the impetus behind Apple's new porting tool. Apparently it's pretty stunning.
Honestly, I'm not sure what was funnier, Whoopi complaining about it or the absolute deluge of Tweets/articles by various gaming outlets telling us about it. I mean jeez..if you're that big a gamer just get someone to build you a PC Rig for the ages.
With as half-baked as D4 is, Blizz did her a favor. Don't bother with the sweet pc build until they do the equivalent of an expansion pack-sized content update, Whoopi.
(06-12-2023, 01:25 AM)chronovore wrote:
(06-11-2023, 01:33 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:

It's almost certainly a large part of the impetus behind Apple's new porting tool. Apparently it's pretty stunning.

It plays Diablo IV pretty well!

Have fun, Whoopi.
lmao
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, MMaRsu