“Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up.
Movies
Speaking of Blade…

How is it so hard to have a cool black half vampire killing vampires with a sword?
5 users liked this post: NekoFever, Nintex, Potato, D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Get me Paul Feig stat!
(11-01-2023, 03:11 PM)Snoopy wrote: I haven’t seen the Nic Cage version but apparently it’s absolute dog shit. I’m tempted to get it just to see

Yeah, it really really is, and Nic Cage is incredibly memeworthy in it.

(11-01-2023, 04:34 PM)Polident wrote: Speaking of Blade…

How is it so hard to have a cool black half vampire killing vampires with a sword?

AND MAKE THEM GAY!
4 users liked this post: NekoFever, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D, Nintex
We're returning to the courtly fashions and patronage system, because a bunch of internet morons can't stop themselves from throwing cash at bullshit in order to win efeuds with strangers on forums
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex
Quick, bury the news  Reeeeee
When Evil Lurks. Movie absolutely fucking RULED.
Rewatched Chronicles of Riddick for some reason. Vin Diesel’s vanity projects in the early 2000s like this and xXx are amazing. There’s a scene where he’s in cryo sleep and out of nowhere the lady merc who arrested him gets horny and decides to grind him. About 90% of his lines are gruff one liners. It’s all about how he’s this cool badass irresistible guy. There are about a dozen or so instances of other characters asking “who is this sexy enigmatic guy??”

It makes sense why he’s mentally stuck in that era, trying to recapture it, even as he’s old and bloating.
1 user liked this post: benji
Isn't the Riddick series based off of a TTRPG character / campaign he played with his friends, or is that apocryphal?

Because I kind of want it to be true and it explains a whooooooooole lot.
It wouldn’t surprise me. Aspects of the world building are playing chicken with 40K litigation. Hopeful they can make the fourth. It’s tentatively titled after his race Furya. We need more lore about the random dream hippie lady who leaves glowing hand prints.
(11-06-2023, 09:14 AM)Eric Cartman wrote: Isn't the Riddick series based off of a TTRPG character / campaign he played with his friends, or is that apocryphal?

Because I kind of want it to be true and it explains a whooooooooole lot.

apocryphal, from what I see online, in the original script of Pitch Black, Riddick was going to be a woman
The best riddick was that banging Xbox game from starbreeze

[Image: T6FhsvW.jpg]

On the one hand: Denzel's one of the greatest living actors of our time and Fuqua directing him has me instantly very interested.  On the other hand: the film industry continues it's recent obsession of anachronistically casting black actors as historical figures who are distinctly not black, which I am largely against in principle.
2 users liked this post: Potato, Nintex
At least they didn't rewrite it as a black woman in a wheel chair, I call this progress.
2 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, Potato
(11-13-2023, 07:46 PM)Tucker's Law wrote:

On the one hand: Denzel's one of the greatest living actors of our time and Fuqua directing him has me instantly very interested.  On the other hand: the film industry continues it's recent obsession of anachronistically casting black actors as historical figures who are distinctly not black, which I am largely against in principle.

If they can't cast the actor right, what chance has this got of being even remotely historically accurate?
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Mynicca Time's up Maximus - Liberta Roma I'm coming for your ass and I'm bringing Elephants bitch
Is it tho? Oof even our strongest Roman swords and spears break when we hit the beast, how is this possible
Implied Facepalm Don't worry Maximus, take this Greek Spear that has been passed down for generations before our CG budget runs out. I remember when your father took it from Pythagoras. It is said to house the power of Zeus himself
Is it tho?  Thank you Julius Mentorius, I will use this spear to stop the elephants, wow this works really well
Is it tho?  Six Dad!! Don't hurt the elephant you racist
Implied Facepalm Strong men fight, but only the most powerful can achieve peace both at home and on the battlefield
Is it tho? Hold it men, lets give our enemy a chance to surrender at day break

Mynicca Six  Make love to me Hannibal and I will leave the gates open so my father can't hurt the elephants anymore
Mynicca When in Rome
Implied Facepalm Don't tell me yall left the gates open for Hannibal and his Trojan Horses again

END OF HANNIBAL THE CONQUERER PART 1
2 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, Gameboy Nostalgia
Beautiful. Fun. I laughed, I cried, I clapped.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex

Spoiler:  (click to show)
(11-13-2023, 07:46 PM)Tucker's Law wrote:

I have more problem with his age. He’ll be 70 next year and Hannibal was 28 when he crossed the Alps. What’s he going to do? Sit on an elephant and watch? Have him playing his actual age in a framing story while they creepily de-age him?

His race doesn’t bother me at all. Watch him playing a Scottish king in Joel Coen’s Macbeth from a couple of years ago Delicious
2 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, Nintex
I think they picked Denzel because no matter how shitty they write it, he will deliver a stellar performance.
1 user liked this post: Tucker's Law
Yeah that's a pretty good point actually, more than Hannibal not being black is casting a senior to play the man during his youthful prime.  Though I suppose they could be blasting Denzel's casting out because he's a big name and the film is being framed with him as older Hannibal Barca retelling of his exploits.  I guess that'll have to be my cope.

Nature is healing Rejoice
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
real kino back on the menu.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
Just wait til he gets made to look like a total bitch by an diverse female Rondesoy
3 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(11-20-2023, 10:30 PM)Nintex wrote:

Nature is healing Rejoice

More like Jason Eldourly
1 user liked this post: chronovore
Killers of the Flower Moon. Was very good until about 2 hours in, when it became stupid and filled with shots of dicaprio and de niro acting at each other for a bit, and it felt like an eternity from that point to the end, which barely counts as an ending.
Run times are completely out of hand.

John Wick 4 is 169 minutes.

2 hours 49 minutes.

It's the fourth John fucking Wick movie. Why does it need to be nearly 3 hours?

Shit is stupid.
2 users liked this post: NekoFever, Nintex
John Wick 4 is fucking awesome but you are right, I haven't watched it again even though I have the 4K Blu-Ray because it has such a long runtime.
Last week with some buds we had planned to Watch John Wick 4 but settled on Tommorow Never Dies instead just because one of them had to leave early.

I don't mind long movies myself though, one of my favorites is Das Boot and the ~5 hour cut is the best version of that film. I also love the extended LOTR movies.
With that said, for more 'casual' movie nights, in the case of JW4 it's quite difficult to get people to invest what boils down to essentially a quarter of their day to watch a movie.

TMND was a surprisingly fun watch though and strangely relevant plot wise despite being a 1997 film. 

Also more cinema to feast on the corpse of Disney