“Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up.
Movies
lmao they actually brought in Nic Cage for a day and recreated the suit to shoot that The Flash cameo just to completely shit-CGI over him:

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Quote:@BrianTKessler
7 months ago
Nicolas Cage over here trying to convince me he didn't fight a giant spider this particular time as if he fights them regularly.
2 users liked this post: chronovore, Polident
I already know exactly how that movie is going to play out and I'm not a comics reader.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
1 user liked this post: chronovore
(07-10-2024, 05:55 PM)benji wrote: lmao they actually brought in Nic Cage for a day and recreated the suit to shoot that The Flash cameo just to completely shit-CGI over him:

Quote:@BrianTKessler
7 months ago
Nicolas Cage over here trying to convince me he didn't fight a giant spider this particular time as if he fights them regularly.

That's a neat piece of interviewing. I'm sad we didn't get to see a this-age Nic Cage as Superman -- but THE FLASH was 90% CGI, so it's no shock.

Is the interviewer NPH's cousin or something?
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato

Multiple replies confirming they were shown this reload in various countries militaries.
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Polident
That video led me to this

(07-24-2024, 08:15 AM)benji wrote:

Multiple replies confirming they were shown this reload in various countries militaries.

Various countries militaries also show Val's sick kick as a fundamental CQC attack.

2 users liked this post: Nintex, benji
Robin clearly weekend the sparing buddy when the glued up a picture of the joker on it ( lol )
1 user liked this post: Straight Edge
Saw stuff about the cameos and such. tbh it sounds kind of neat, but also I guess marvel movies now work when reminding people of what was, instead of new interesting stories. Maybe that’s modern culture as a whole.
Movie was great. Very funny, but alot of people didn't catch the jokes. 

As typical for marvel movies the melee fight was a mess where you can't see whats happening. Luckily there was two of them and the second one was great.

Somehow we're in the fifth wall
If you were on the fence that this clown is a hack with a very low price for endorsement, this should be the final straw.
Dude taking a selfie during the movie for a post.

lol
3 users liked this post: Polident, D3RANG3D, killamajig
Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare is the latest installment in the Guy Ritchie Straight To Amazon Prime Cinematic Universe and I liked it.

Kind of The Dirty Dozen meets Inglorious Basterds, but actually based on real things that happened.
Superman and Reacher are both fun leads, its a bit of a throwback to older WW2 films where the heroes just gun down nazis by the literal boat load - and theres a pretty impressive body count - nicely paced, and nicely plotted. It probably could have benefitted from a little more character depth and some time spent with the ensemble to get to know them (for example, there is zero romantic subplot between two characters who the film reveals IRL literally got married after the operation ended) and what backstory characters do have is a little perfunctory.

I've seen some complaints that it doesn't have enough stakes, but I can't really accept that because it is based in real things that happened, so yeah, spoilers, the US does join the war as allies against the Nazis and Churchill isn't forced to resign by Parliament and Britain surrender to Hitler. That ultimately the stakes set up at the start are predetermined by history isn't really good criticism any more than complaining you know Titanic will sink is.

I don't
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, chronovore
(07-28-2024, 07:26 AM)Polident wrote:

Somehow we're in the fifth wall

Actually did watch Deadpool 3 the other day but anything I’d say is the same basic reaction everyone had. It’s fun. Hugh Jackman elevates the movie. Cameos are entertaining etc.

Well, about one cameo
Jackman is in great shape for his age, or any age. As are many other actors in this. But Cavill’s brief cameo makes them seem lithe. He’s on the cusp of being goofy big like The Rock and Cena. Still in the “I can wear normal clothes” range. More impressive is this is how he walks around, albeit with a pump.

And I can’t say I follow the overall story of marvel movies. What at first seemed like a send off for the Fox stuff left the door open for another big cameo filled event in an avengers movie. They’re saving the other X-men and Daredevil and Punisher.
2 users liked this post: chronovore, D3RANG3D
Maxxxine 4/10

Pure shit, a complete waste of everyones time tbh

Longlegs 8/10
Quite good, worth your time, weirder than I expected.
(08-04-2024, 07:26 AM)Polident wrote: Actually did watch Deadpool 3 the other day but anything I’d say is the same basic reaction everyone had. It’s fun. Hugh Jackman elevates the movie. Cameos are entertaining etc.

Well, about one cameo
Jackman is in great shape for his age, or any age. As are many other actors in this. But Cavill’s brief cameo makes them seem lithe. He’s on the cusp of being goofy big like The Rock and Cena. Still in the “I can wear normal clothes” range. More impressive is this is how he walks around, albeit with a pump.

And I can’t say I follow the overall story of marvel movies. What at first seemed like a send off for the Fox stuff left the door open for another big cameo filled event in an avengers movie. They’re saving the other X-men and Daredevil and Punisher.

Who knows? Deadpool jokes that Disney will have Jackman doing this into his nineties. Disney would happily do that, then sell Jackman to the glue factory afterwards, so let's hope he nopes out before he becomes jaded by it, like Daniel Craig and Bond. 

The movie's plot? You didn't miss anything, it was utter nonsense. At no point is there a reasoned throughline, just a series of excuses to show off characters, do stunts, enact violence, make jokes. I loved it. 

WHY is the Council of Deadpools facing down Wade? Was there even a throwaway line? It's unclear. Why doesn't Cassandra Nova go out into the main world if she can? The reasons she gives are nonsense.

None of it matters, it's still a fun ride.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D
(08-04-2024, 07:26 AM)Polident wrote: Hugh Jackman elevates the movie. 
2 users liked this post: chronovore, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
That Salo film was actually shown on CH4 once. I put it on thinking it couldn't be that bad if it's on the telly. How wrong I was. I got maybe 20 minutes in and was like, welp that's enough for me thank you.
(08-07-2024, 10:56 AM)Snoopy wrote: That Salo film was actually shown on CH4 once. I put it on thinking it couldn't be that bad if it's on the telly. How wrong I was. I got maybe 20 minutes in and was like, welp that's enough for me thank you.

Interior Semiotics used to be on YouTube I don't
Watched that Ministry film. it's...alright I suppose. There's some good scenes. It zips along. Lots of action. The problem is it's impossible to watch it and not think about Inglorious Bastards. After it finished my main thought was it's a story that deserved a better director. 

Anyway, Anthropoid is a much better WW2 film

3 users liked this post: Nintex, Straight Edge, killamajig
1 user liked this post: Potato
Went to see Deadpoll & Wolverine.

A very fun ride. I recently picked up a 4K Set of the Singer X-Men movies, so this certainly fits the bill.
I say old, but apart from some visual effects, those movies have aged really really well. 

It was awesome to see all these characters and actors again and I was surprised how much they allowed Reynolds to shit on the current state of Marvel movies and Disney.
The cast also seemed to really enjoy doing this film, which certainly helps with their performances. Each cameo brought their A-game which is missing from the modern day Marvel cast.

Still, it's ultimately a dead end as banking on this kind of nostalgia will only get them so far. Maybe far enough to bridge the gap to newer things that are actually good? Or maybe they just need to dangle enough money in front of actors like McAvoy and Fassbender to bring them back into the MCU as 'senior' Xavier and Magneto like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen before. They're only in their late 40s and Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman can still hold their own in their 50s.
2 users liked this post: chronovore, D3RANG3D