“Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up.
Movies
Watched Casablanca, a massive hole in my cinema vocabulary. It was amazing. Nazis get a lot softer treatment than any other movie I've seen; they behaved generally honorably but entitled. In every other movie I've seen, they would have just snapped up Lazlo and Ilsa, or even just trumped up a charge, arrested and abused Ilsa until Lazlo caved and gave the Nazis all the details. 

Also, isn't being an escaped prisoner enough reason to arrest Lazlo at any time? I guess that gets down to Germany operating in Unoccupied French Morocco rather than Occupied France… which they even bring up at one point. 

It's a lovely film. I want to know how they get everything to look like it has bloom except Ingrid Berman's eyes, which look like pools of stars. Just gorgeously shot. 

Also curious about the airport shots: several very clearly model planes on strings, while a few look legitimate. Why not use legitimate shots throughout?
1 user liked this post: Eric Cartman

Messages In This Thread
RE: “Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up. - by chronovore - 06-02-2024, 07:37 AM