“Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up.
Movies
On cgi cartoons, there’s a new Watchmen adaptation purporting to be comic accurate. Not good, but more so the choices made are really strange. The whole aesthetic is like a telltale game. Voice acting is all over the place. Manhattan sounds like robotic text to speech. The movie and TV show appropriately went for detached and cold. Comedian talks like an anime character or that Overdrift parody. The writing is all sanitized and PG13. I’m too lazy to check, but no blue dick makes me think it might be. Black Freighter is awkwardly worked in. Many side characters and world building are left out. Despite being two parts, likely over three hours total when finished, it feels rushed. Strange. Sort of feel it makes the movie more impressive and also any “comic accurate” version needs to be a season long series. Here, they have Metropolis holding the meeting, but don't get into who he is. Who the Minutemen were. It brushes past all that. The motion comic released in lead up the movie all voiced by one guy is better.
2 users liked this post: Nintex, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth

Messages In This Thread
RE: “Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up. - by Polident - 08-25-2024, 08:52 AM