Kulturkampf
Like politics but somehow dumber
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D

What the fuck is this
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, killamajig

There's like 20 more tweets in this thread like this.

1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
(10-12-2024, 11:10 PM)Nintex wrote:

What the fuck is this

I like that they make a point of her donating all the artifacts her father collected, to make it less problematic, and then she donates them to the fucking British museum. Come on, you can't even woke right.
6 users liked this post: Chumbawumbafan69, Uncle, BIONIC, HardcoreRetro, Potato, benji
(10-12-2024, 12:01 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(10-12-2024, 04:56 AM)Potato wrote:

They went and did it. They completely killed Star Wars the madthem.

I can't wait for Disney to reveal that Sister is a lesbian! A huge win for WLW!
Strong Baldur's Gate 3 energy.

"my childhood friend (from the death-worshipping torture cult that abused me my entire life and kills innocent people indiscriminately) is a trans woman, and the whole death-worshopping torture cult was so super supportive!" 

Spoiler:  (click to show)
I get that the point is that even the most evil organizations imaginable would respect pronouns but like...they wouldn't. Let's not be silly folks.
5 users liked this post: Uncle, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, killamajig, benji, D3RANG3D

"hold on a minute, do i even like warhammer?"
Warhammer and wrestling and anime are the fundamental pillars of girlhood  ufup
5 users liked this post: benji, DavidCroquet, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato, Nintex

Many such cases of: "Yeah, I identify with those blood sucking locusts that harvest human flesh and try to destroy civilization"

ngl I'm kind of sad those clowns destroyed Tomb Raider by making it gay and lame.  Mjcry
1 user liked this post: killamajig
(10-13-2024, 03:03 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

"hold on a minute, do i even like warhammer?"

[Image: 472.png]
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Potato, D3RANG3D
(10-12-2024, 10:13 PM)Nintex wrote:

All those Crimson Chins!

Klepek
1 user liked this post: Nintex
(10-13-2024, 10:47 AM)Nintex wrote:

Many such cases of: "Yeah, I identify with those blood sucking locusts that harvest human flesh and try to destroy civilization"

ngl I'm kind of sad those clowns destroyed Tomb Raider by making it gay and lame.  Mjcry

I think humanizing the orcs isn't a good idea but I think what's even worse is how the show fails to execute it. You get one scene of some orc worrying about his little orc family and then the very next scene you got an orc who is so determined to kill a human he completely ignores that he's actually inside a giant spider nest. In another scene you got an orc killing a horse just for the hell of it.
Basically they don't commit to the idea at all and just go for some half arsed middle ground where orcs are super evil but also have healthy family lives.

Giving that orc basically a nuclear family also just feels lazy. Why not come up with something that's actually culturally vastly different. This is something Peter Jackson did a lot better by having the Urukhais grow out of the ground. It's weirdly supernatural and yet informs us how Saruman managed to raise that army.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex, killamajig
"orc mourns their dead" as a little glimpse that characters are more than the good/evil you see on the surface isn't inherently bad

my immediate thought was the rancor beast owner crying over his dead pet that Luke killed, and how great of a moment that is, yes he works for the "bad guys" and it was a horrific monster, but even he was not without humanity, and it made the world feel slightly bigger by offering a mildly different perspective on events
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(10-13-2024, 06:10 PM)Uncle wrote: my immediate thought was the rancor beast owner crying over his dead pet that Luke killed

My first thought whenever they do this is that austin powers gag
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji
Social Justice Left Twitter vs. Marxist Left Twitter Episode 21548571:

2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, HaughtyFrank
One of those debates I didn't even know existed

3 users liked this post: DavidCroquet, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji
Oh, so you're one of the trolls harassing today's character:
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, HaughtyFrank
Beads against fascism? Like Anal beads or?
Just so you guys know, I've opened my own Kofi. GamingAgainstFacism.

If you guys donate 55 euros, I will be playing Metaphor: ReFantazio to protest against facism. I'll update with trophies on my Kofi page so you guys can see how it's going.
3 users liked this post: Chumbawumbafan69, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex

The article talks about how Lara is finally realistic because her breasts are smaller and she has muscles, just completely ignoring the reboot games. Brings me back to the point where everything has to be marketed as a radical breakthrough, hence the 10.000 times Disney introduced "the first gay character"

Also it just feels funny how women with large breasts have been declared unrealistic when Lara's voice actress Hailey Atwell actually has quite the rack. 
Also why are we talking about realism when not a year ago the Tomb Raider boardgame introduced a double amputee overweight side character

[Image: Xqxgo90.png]
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, D3RANG3D
remember that kevin smith story where he's talking about working with Jon Peters, producer of Wild Wild West for a Superman movie? 

That's all I could think about in the first episode of that Tomb Raider show, which sucked beyond belief
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, HaughtyFrank

Rofl Rofl Rofl
1 user liked this post: benji
I thought disinformation/misinformation was a threat to democracy?
hmm

Gatdamn Japan taking the mentally ill to the barbecue!

[Image: r114iJT.gif]

huge if true

Social Justice Warrior

What did he mean by this? 

hmm

(10-15-2024, 01:39 AM)D3RANG3D wrote:
Social Justice Warrior

What did he mean by this? 

hmm

Haha, the distorted reality hits pretty hard between the thumbnail and the voice. 

Gladbron
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
(10-15-2024, 01:51 AM)benji wrote:

Without the amphetamines, you achieved a PhD.

Let's see what you can achieve while bombed out on speed.
1 user liked this post: killamajig
(10-15-2024, 03:26 AM)Potato wrote: Haha, the distorted reality hits pretty hard between the thumbnail and the voice. 

Gladbron

2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato