Corporate Fuckery
Yes we control everything and no you cannot stop us
Don’t know what thread is appropriate but after looking for a setting on my iPhone (still haven’t found it) I discovered a setting called legacy contact. Literally described as: the person getting your account when you die. Awesomely morbid.

I plan to take my data to the grave. Like the pharaohs of old.
2 users liked this post: benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(10-17-2023, 03:22 PM)Polident wrote: Don’t know what thread is appropriate but after looking for a setting on my iPhone (still haven’t found it) I discovered a setting called legacy contact. Literally described as: the person getting your account when you die. Awesomely morbid.

I plan to take my data to the grave. Like the pharaohs of old.

They just wanna know who to send your next bill to breh
1 user liked this post: Potato

I can fix her?  Thinking

Lmao

Outer Haven is real Diamond Dogs Thank you for your service!
2 users liked this post: DavidCroquet, TylenolJones
(10-19-2023, 11:14 PM)Nintex wrote:

I can fix her?  Thinking

Fuck the hate out of her Nintex!
1 user liked this post: Nintex
1 user liked this post: Nintex
(11-01-2023, 11:24 PM)Potato wrote:

Quote:"The Xbox Mini Fridge is essentially e-waste straight out of the box," says CHOICE fridge expert Ashley Iredale. "This questionable addition to your gaming rig isn't powerful enough to cool your drinks – you need to chill them in a real fridge first – which is disappointing because it sure draws a whole lot of power, using as much electricity as the full-sized fridge in our kitchen."

[Image: F4KMcWBW4AA3yzX?format=jpg]

At least they'll be skilled when they enter the workforce Success
Students turning tricks while at uni is a story as old as time Thinking
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Potato
So their advertising software is as buggy as their games...good to know
[Image: 0rSOqgS.png]
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji, Nintex

Did you see that MIND BLOWING gemini demo?

They faked it  lol

Quote:"It was sort of a bluff that ultimately worked."

“The letter itself was drafted by a group of longtime staffers who have the most clout and money at stake with years of industry standing and equity built up, as well as higher pay. They began calling other staffers late on Sunday night, urging them to sign, the employee explained.”

Despite nearly everyone on staff signing up to follow Altman out the door, "No one wanted to go to Microsoft." This person called the company "the biggest and slowest" of all the major tech companies.

"The bureaucracy of something as big as Microsoft is soul crushing."

"Even though we have a partnership with Microsoft, internally, we have no respect for their talent bar," the current OpenAI employee told BI. "It rubbed people the wrong way to entertain being managed by them."

Beyond the culture clash between the two companies, there was another important factor at play for OpenAI employees: money. Lots of it was set to disappear before their eyes if OpenAI were to suddenly collapse under a mass exodus of staff.

"Sam Altman is not the best CEO, but millions and millions of dollars and equity are at stake," the current OpenAI employee said.

Microsoft agreed to hire all OpenAI employees at their same level of compensation, but this was only a verbal agreement in the heat of the moment.

A scheduled tender offer, which was about to let employees sell their existing vested equity to outside investors, would have been canceled. All that equity would have been worth "nothing," this employee said.

The former OpenAI employee estimated that, of the hundreds of people who signed the letter saying they would leave, "probably 70% of the folks on that list were like, 'Hey, can we, you know, have this tender go through?'"

Some Microsoft employees, meanwhile, were furious that the company promised to match salaries for hundreds of OpenAI employees.”
Corpos now think that the climate goals are a lost cause and AI will solve the problem.

You have to spend money to make money, basically. We go all in on a supercomputer powered by burning coal, digging for oil in Biafra, and having everybody over retirement age push a giant wheel. Once we generate enough energy, the AI will spit out the answer the collective human brain trust couldn't: "didn't you guys figure this out in the 1950s?"
2 users liked this post: Nintex, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth