Sports balls
Thread about sports
Can't believe the Swedes fucked that up.
Still not sufficiently calm to talk about it. @jorma I blame Tony Gustavsson and all Swedish people for this.

edit:
1 user liked this post: Potato
The Vuelta is not disappointing. End to this time trial is going to be intense.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
world famous, historic Newcastle United taking on pretend made up in the 70s fancy dan frenchmen tonight, be sure to tune in
(10-04-2023, 09:47 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: world famous, historic Newcastle United taking on pretend made up in the 70s fancy dan frenchmen tonight, be sure to tune in

Can't wait. I've got my alarm set for 4.45am ready for the 5am kick off.

So happy to have Champions League back at St James' Park.

Got some PSG friends too, so banter should be glorious!
(10-04-2023, 10:16 AM)Potato wrote:
(10-04-2023, 09:47 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: world famous, historic Newcastle United taking on pretend made up in the 70s fancy dan frenchmen tonight, be sure to tune in

Can't wait. I've got my alarm set for 4.45am ready for the 5am kick off.

So happy to have Champions League back at St James' Park.

Got some PSG friends too, so banter should be glorious!

(10-04-2023, 11:46 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: I've met normal trans people both trans male and trans female, also meant NB people but don't consider them normal as I don't consider that a legitimate identity and more some strange sense of opting out of identities. 

But even my normal trans friends have a tendency to go to the extremes online, with their discord groups convincing them there is a trans genocide going on and it's like.... where? So strange.

I couldn't get tickets, the entire city is camped outside basically, going to be fucking amazing
How 'bout them Geordie boys?
How 'bout them Geordie Boys again?

Need to get on the front foot more in the second half.
It finally happened!

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/more-sports/transgender-australian-croquet-player-jamie-gumbrell-the-first-biological-male-to-become-a-world-champion-in-a-womens-sport/news-story/6329218d0d9024481aa445ff9ce1b537 wrote:Transgender Australian croquet player Jamie Gumbrell the first biological male to become a world champion in a women’s sport

A transgender Australian croquet player has become the first biological male to become a world champion in a women’s sport.

Canberra’s Jamie Gumbrell won this year’s Women’s Golf Croquet Championship in August.

But it has only emerged now that 23-year-old Gumbrell, who identified as a man up until 2019, is a transgender competitor after rival members spoke out against her.

The World Croquet Federation changed its rules two years ago, allowing competitors to nominate their own gender.

The UK’s Telegraph reported that several competitors were unaware they’d be competing against a biological male until they arrived at the tournament in Sussex, and that they feel Gumbrell has advantages in strength because she was born a male.

“There was a huge amount of disquiet,” Sue Lightbody, a member of England’s team at the World Championship, told the publication.

“But nobody was prepared to say or do anything. I was quite sick about the situation. We thought it would go against us, that we wouldn’t be picked for another team.

“Everything was hush-hush, everyone was worried about being called transphobic.

“People told me not to get involved, saying, ‘Don’t do anything, you’ll make yourself very unpopular.’

“But this just shouldn’t happen. It fundamentally isn’t fair.”

Ian Burridge, president of the WCF, told the outlet: “The fact that Jamie was assigned male at birth is not disputed by anyone. Jamie now identifies as female as her entry into the world championship was determined in accordance with our policy, approved by our members in April 2021.

“We welcome feedback, given the concerns that exist.”

Gumbrell’s biography on the Golf Croquet Women’s world championship 2023 website says she was introduced to the sport by her Grandparents at age 15. “They took Jamie to the Canberra Croquet Club where she has been a member since. Peter Freer mentored and taught her how to play.”

The Telegraph reported that since identifying as female, Gumbrell has won every tournament she has competed in.

Gumbrell defeated England’s Rachel Gee 7-2 in the final of the world championship on August 14, and it was reported that Gee was crying behind her sunglasses during the trophy presentation.

It was her first appearance at the world championship, and she was one of 56 competitors in the women’s field.

Lightbody told the Telegraph that Gumbrell’s strength advantage was unfair.

“A key shot in golf croquet is the jump shot,” she said.

“If you’re on the boundary, you can jump over a couple of balls and get through a hoop. I can only do mid-jumps, I can’t do one from the baseline.

“But Jamie can. That is a huge advantage over a woman.”

Croquet Australia has been contacted for comment.
Jude Bellingham. Probably the most ballering baller to ever baller, maybe.

At the toon Miley is looking decent for a 17 year old. Been dominating some big games against huge teams.

Gordon has been excellent this year. Elsewhere, Palmer is looking incredible. Decent crop of english youngins coming through.
(12-17-2023, 09:51 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Jude Bellingham. Probably the most ballering baller to ever baller, maybe.

At the toon Miley is looking decent for a 17 year old. Been dominating some big games against huge teams.

Gordon has been excellent this year. Elsewhere, Palmer is looking incredible. Decent crop of english youngins coming through.

Yeah, I've been very impressed with Miley. At 17, to step into those pressure games and come out looking not just good but excellent, is unbelievable.  He will be one that we need to keep ahold of in the summer. You build a team around talent like that!

Gordon has stepped up this season, but he still needs to add more end product to his game. Really pleased with his progress and it's sometimes necessary to remind myself that he is still so very young.

Bellingham is just  Delicious
(12-18-2023, 01:28 AM)Potato wrote:
(12-17-2023, 09:51 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Jude Bellingham. Probably the most ballering baller to ever baller, maybe.

Yeah, I've been very impressed with Miley. At 17, to step into those pressure games and come out looking not just good but excellent, is unbelievable.  He will be one that we need to keep ahold of in the summer. You build a team around talent like that!

Gordon has stepped up this season, but he still needs to add more end product to his game. Really pleased with his progress and it's sometimes necessary to remind myself that he is still so very young.

Bellingham is just  Delicious

Miley genuinely looks like three kids in a trenchcoat, it's hilarious

Bruno's interview with him after the game was class, it was like Bruno was his dad
Spent the day skiving off work because there ain't much happening and came across some fun theories about Guardiola and his links to doping.

https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/

There's more around from forum discussions etc, but like all good conspiracy theories, there's enough coincidences and "it makes sense" incidents to be fun to kill a few hours.

For the record, I have no doubt that football is rife with PEDs.

16???????

Dude has the hairline, body shape and facial hair of a 35 year old nerd.

This is what growing up in the UK does to you folks!

If he was African footballer, people would be asking birth certificates.
(02-08-2024, 03:52 AM)benji wrote:

LOL, Chelsea fans are fucking wankers

Spoiler:  (click to show)
My brother, brother in law and sister in law are all Chelsea fans. Yes, I call them wankers.

the pass Dead

Punch
Fuckin Pogacar...the man is superhuman! 

That's pretty good.

I'm all for the Germans to get beat at the Euros. However, I do need Dortmund to pull one out of the bag and beat those cheating Spanish cunts tomorrow in the CL final.

Echte Liebe

Tomorrow we're all Dortmund fans!!
1 user liked this post: Nintex
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1d7eaoj/bizarre_goal_in_uruguayan_football_danubio_1_0/

Lawd doggy
2 users liked this post: Potato, Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40301034/dodgers-enrique-hernandez-makes-error-game-television-interview

oops
Stupid shit. Hate when they do that stuff in cricket.
Anyway, EURO2024 is coming soon.

[Image: yUkIcA5.png]

C'mon Scotland!!!!