Dumb news stories
...and funny headlines
(01-24-2024, 09:27 PM)benji wrote: Alright, which of you was flying to Austin?

The real story is: Daily mail turned a Reddit post into a full, published article with unrelated photos to ground it in reality. No wonder journalism is dying.
(01-28-2024, 01:42 AM)chronovore wrote: The real story is: Daily mail turned a Reddit post into a full, published article with unrelated photos to ground it in reality. No wonder journalism is dying.
Look they don't have the time to track down all the sources to confirm the story!
Hotel Owners Hate This One Trick. 

2 users liked this post: benji, Uncle
(02-16-2024, 10:23 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Hotel Owners Hate This One Trick. 

Man they just keep going after Trump don't they
1 user liked this post: TylenolJones
2 users liked this post: Potato, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
4 users liked this post: chronovore, BIONIC, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Uncle
"Fuck this leg."
2 users liked this post: BIONIC, Uncle
https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/lifestyle/mom-loses-800k-disability-case-after-photos-emerge-of-her-winning-tree-throwing-competition/

[Image: 2017-sued-insurer-rsa-damages-77160202-e...245699.jpg]
2 users liked this post: Potato, benji
It's one thing to lose it getting caught doing normal every day things..... But to lose 800k over chucking a christmas tree in front of a bunch of people watching you.?.?.? 

How fucking dumb is she?

Point and Laugh
2 users liked this post: chronovore, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(03-05-2024, 06:31 AM)benji wrote:

Dave is a fucking idiot.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, benji
Dave just wanted to get his dick wet. Cut him some slack.  Gloomy
3 users liked this post: benji, chronovore, Potato
Nice going Potato:
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Victorians dude. They're the worst. Shit eating is probably the least worst thing they do.
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
https://www.mlive.com/news/2024/03/12-year-old-gets-hangover-after-being-served-alcohol-at-michigan-outback-steakhouse.html wrote:LIVONIA, MI - His virgin strawberry daiquiri wasn’t exactly virgin. A 12-year old was accidentally served the adult version with rum at a Livonia Outback Steakhouse, according to a report from WJBK-TV, FOX 2 News, who spoke to the preteen who said he knew something was wrong because his drink didn’t taste normal.

The daiquiri contained rum and the youngster took a few big swallows of it before he got, what he told FOX 2, was a funny feeling, saying his head started to hurt and his heart was racing.

The family says they immediately asked the server to confirm the mistake with the bartender, who did. FOX 2 adds that the restaurant apologized and comped the bill. Outback corporate also released a statement to FOX 2, saying, “We take this situation very seriously and are thankful that the child involved was not seriously harmed. We have taken the appropriate disciplinary action and all our bar and staff has been retrained.”

As a precaution, the family took the boy to the hospital where he was given Tylenol and told to rest. And, yes, the family tells FOX 2 that he did have his first hangover the next day.
Cheers
1 user liked this post: Uncle
Rum? I'm sceptical. Why didn't he immediately become racist and start a fight?
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji
lol

https://nypost.com/2024/03/20/us-news/police-post-photos-of-suspects-with-lego-heads-to-comply-with-new-law/

[Image: YlRX3QO.png]

[Image: H93XO8F.png]
I watch a lot of body cam footage. And I'm not the only one. Some of the video views are crazy. Police departments should start their own monetized YouTube channels. Not sure if it's legal but they could make some extra cash to buy more toys.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex
(03-21-2024, 04:56 PM)killamajig wrote: I watch a lot of body cam footage. And I'm not the only one. Some of the video views are crazy. Police departments should start their own monetized YouTube channels. Not sure if it's legal but they could make some extra cash to buy more toys.

I know many cops are bad and abusive, and I think no matter where you work it's natural to want to defend your coworkers and claim whatever perks of the job you can, and that's one kind of job where that sort of thing has an outsized impact on a lot of people and really should be clamped down on

however, they deal with so much fucking insane shit on a daily basis, they're practically living in a different world from the rest of us, probably have to develop certain prejudices just to stay safe, make assumptions based on your years on the job and how things go 90% of the time, to where I don't know if you can always blame them

I think seeing what they deal with goes a long way toward humanizing them and understanding what they go through

don't cut them slack that's undeserved if they're being cruel, but...y'know, sometimes
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
My cousin is a cop. Some of the shit he's told me about is  Not like this!

Someone else described it perfectly to me the other day though...being a cop is the only job where, on the same day, you can help an old lady cross the road and pull a dead baby out of a toilet.
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
I dunno that sounds like a day's work for your average truck stop worker
(03-21-2024, 11:15 PM)Uncle wrote: I dunno that sounds like a day's work for your average truck stop worker

Some interesting truck stops you frequent
(03-21-2024, 11:36 PM)Potato wrote:
(03-21-2024, 11:15 PM)Uncle wrote: I dunno that sounds like a day's work for your average truck stop worker

Someones gotta put those babies in those toilets
6 users liked this post: NekoFever, HardcoreRetro, BIONIC, benji, Uncle, Potato
(03-22-2024, 12:23 PM)HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth wrote:
(03-21-2024, 11:36 PM)Potato wrote:

Someones gotta put those babies in those toilets

I almost replied with this but was too lazy HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA
(03-21-2024, 05:10 PM)Uncle wrote: however, they deal with so much fucking insane shit on a daily basis, they're practically living in a different world from the rest of us

I think this is true, cops & robbers just live their life on tuned into a different wavelength.

I'd say the same is probably true of the ultra rich, celebrities, and politicians - the life they live and the circles they move in just inherently has them detached from the regular reality most folks live in.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, chronovore, benji
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato
(04-23-2024, 04:41 PM)benji wrote:

Must be a challenge if you look like that at 40.

Quote:she was given the boy’s phone number by his mother in December when his family invited who they thought was a beloved teacher with them to the Afton Alps for winter break.
Wut