Kulturkampf
Like politics but somehow dumber
3 users liked this post: Tycoon Padre, BIONIC, D3RANG3D

Wat
1 user liked this post: Potato
Fucking lol

This whole trans panic the right is pushing is overblown but I also feel like there's an overcorrection happening where the left starts leaning into it way too much. Basically, can't we all be a little more normal again?

Edit: and don't get me wrong, the right is really going insane

however, random irrelevant asshats vs. the most powerful government office in the world
It's a different way to push that 'build back better' shit that was voted down and basically a state religion at this point.
How can you be against inclusivity, equity and diversity?

Remember how Obama got a lot of shit for funding useless solar panel companies that went bust?
Well, now they can freely pump that money around as long as it comes with a rainbow flag.

I'm not saying it started that way but by now the rainbow is a very convenient method of concealing your true intentions.
After all you can just be 'minor attracted' instead of a pedophile and even if the banks fuck you in the ass... well they have a A+ ESG score so you're just a bigot.
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
(06-13-2023, 06:42 PM)Nintex wrote: After all you can just be 'minor attracted' instead of a pedophile

I will say I don't think it's worthwhile pretending like this was ever legitimized by anyone in any respect, it was a baldfaced attempt at whitewashing that no one fell for and now seems mostly used as a rhetorical tool by the right

but I also don't expect them to stop trying to whitewash like that, through technicalities and cute alternate names for the disturbing reality
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth

BRB going to creat a woke food bank.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex, benji

brave kids Thank you for your service!
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
1 user liked this post: PhoenixDark
o shit it's the actual josh sawyer!!
He keeps popping up on my feed with some “witty” take. Probably pays better to be a Twitter personality than an Obsidian employee tbh, so can’t blame him.
(06-13-2023, 02:59 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

This whole trans panic the right is pushing is overblown but I also feel like there's an overcorrection happening where the left starts leaning into it way too much. Basically, can't we all be a little more normal again?

Edit: and don't get me wrong, the right is really going insane

Different topic but I think the sentiment translates here too:
https://twitter.com/TorraineWalker/status/1668962258263654406?s=20

Twerking in front of the police is not a revolutionary act. Showing your breasts at a White House FAMILY event is not a demonstration of courage or protest. These are subversive acts with no tangible impact. They're also in line with what we've discussed before: overly reactionary behavior dominating public discourse, largely driven by a focus on attention than any real belief system worth respecting. IE it's not good enough that I'm a woman with sexual agency, I need to stand on a table at a fine dining establishment and twerk - and if anyone disagrees they don't support women's rights. IE it's not good enough that I'm a masculine man, I need to exclusively eat meat and argue going to the doctor is gay. Weirdo shit that's killing discourse.

On the left I think it's clear the vast majority of this weird stuff is driven by white women. Specifically, white women.
2 users liked this post: benji, HaughtyFrank
(06-14-2023, 02:55 PM)PhoenixDark wrote: On the left I think it's clear the vast majority of this weird stuff is driven by white women. Specifically, white men dressed as white women.

fixed Trumps
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Tucker's Law, killamajig

Spoiler:  (click to show)
2 users liked this post: Potato, Nintex
4 users liked this post: HaughtyFrank, jorma, killamajig, HardcoreRetro
White Lady gets 25 million in racial discrimination lawsuit

Starbucks to pay $25 million to former manager Shannon Phillips allegedly fired because of race

Quote:Phillips, the regional manager, was fired, while the manager of the Rittenhouse Square coffee shop, who was Black, kept his job. Phillips sued Starbucks in 2019, alleging that race had been a determining factor in her termination.

Her lawyers argued that "upper management of Starbucks were looking for a 'scapegoat' to terminate to show action was being taken" following the incident involving the two Black men.

A federal jury in Camden, New Jersey, on Monday agreed with their claim and awarded Phillips $600,000 in compensatory damages and $25 million in punitive damages after finding that Starbucks violated her federal civil rights in addition to a New Jersey law that prohibits discrimination based on race.

The case is unusual in that traditionally, anti-discrimination laws have protected individuals who fall into minority categories, according to Wilk Auslander employment attorney Helen Rella.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/starbucks-ordered-to-pay-white-former-manager-fired-because-of-race-25-million/

Don't think I've heard of a story like that before but feels like it had to happen eventually with companies seemingly incapable of nuance when it comes to racial issues.
1 user liked this post: Potato

Puts flag on street. Upset that cars leave tiremarks  Wut
6 users liked this post: Nintex, Tucker's Law, benji, BIONIC, jorma, D3RANG3D
1 user liked this post: Nintex

back to the office, peasants

Bolo

Zoe Quinn cheats -> ? -> WW3
2 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, D3RANG3D

There has to be better people to tie your flag to. Maybe lets not focus on the rapist murderers who want to be transferred to a woman prison right now
3 users liked this post: chronovore, Tucker's Law, killamajig
Maybe the person that showed their titties at the white house?  ???

oh great now they're going to throw their trash everywhere.

Again, this seems like a bad idea if you want to win people over. That abortion bans are specifically about women and their right to determine their own body was always a core issue. Changing that framing for 0.01% (maybe even less? How many trans men are out there getting pregnant) of the population seems like bad move.
3 users liked this post: Nintex, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, BIONIC
They fake periods so they probably fake pregnancies and abortions too.
All just a big LARP. And I'm actually fine if they want to do that just not on the tax payers dime using healthcare resources meant for people who are actually pregnant.

You could probably make some good money if you opened an abortion clinic with some folks acting as nurses and doctors that 'fake' the whole thing.