Music
Post what you’re listening to these days.
I hope Pestilence'll play some of the stuff off Consuming Impulse. Rotting Christ is also on my to see list. High on Fire is basically the main reason I'm going.

1 user liked this post: Potato
Alien Weaponry are a good young Kiwi thrash band. Ne Obliviscaris are Aussie progressive death metal. I've not seen either, but they are both very good.

Edit: Just sitting through the Disturbed set while waiting for Pantera (headliners). I've never seen Disturbed or bothered listening to them. I would describe them as Eurovision-core. Singer has a great set of pipes, but man their songs are so fucking generic. Everyone seems to like their cover of Sound of Silence though.
I'd probably wait for Down with the Sickness and then do something else for a bit.
Holy shit, Pantera was fucking abysmal.

Massive tech fuck up to begin with and only the foldbacks were playing sound. Then they took 5 to sort that out and the mix was atrocious and you couldn't hear Zakk Wylde's guitar. Them they sorted that and the problem was Phil Anselmo's voice is completely blown and he sounds shit. Plus, nobody will ever capture Dimebag and Vinnie's feel. Shit just didn't sound right.

So disappointed.

Hoping High on Fire plays this one at Graspop.
Couple of great covers from Body count.

Ice T is so good.
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
Why does every female artist have to get so sexed up in their videos? How are you supposed to watch this without a boner?

Klepek

Seems Pestilence went back to their old sound on their newest album. Good stuff.
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Potato
1 user liked this post: chronovore
Mount Kimbie’s new record, Sunset Violent is pretty good. Bit of krautrock, bit of trance, bit of electronica. English Teacher are a band you lot might want to keep an eye on. I’m predicting they’ll blow up over the next year or so.
Went to see Carcass last night. They played with The Black Dahlia Murder and young Adelaide band Freedom of Fear. 

I haven't seen Carcass since 1993 and they were great then and pretty good now. Jeff Walker is still a cunt though. 

Black Dahlia Murder were boring as fuck. Really by-the-numbers American melodic death metal. Had to go out to the beer garden after three songs to avoid falling asleep.

Freedom of Fear on the other hand are phenomenal. A really young band who play with real style and are excellent musicians. Highly recommend them.

[Image: yphjZ38.jpeg]
Freedom of Fear

[Image: itydAKZ.jpeg]
The Black Dahlia Murder

[Image: 5lflZuh.jpeg]
[Image: zlqcwqa.jpeg]
Carcass
1 user liked this post: chronovore
I'm loving the AI shitpost songs.

Edit: The album art combined with the song is amazing.

Some Aussies I discovered:

Saw Suffocation and Revocation tonight

Best show of the year so far.

[Image: oMue6c7.jpeg]
[Image: lRqzmtN.jpeg]
[Image: Jd3A55g.jpeg]
[Image: rsZQNmy.jpeg]
[Image: Huk48qG.jpeg]
Hadn't looked at High on Fire's new stuff yet.

Coady Willis on the drums. Good stuff. Loved his albums with the Melvins.

Couldn't be more excited to see High on Fire at Graspop.

Posted some mash-up in the Music 2.0 thread. The original needs some love as well. Krautrock is awesome.

Quote:@swancore9420
3 years ago
Telenovela core
hmm

This is probably still my favourite anime opening.
1 user liked this post: MJBarret
Rotting Christ and Jungle Rot tonight. 

Rotting Christ were phenomenal. Jungle Rot surprised me with how headbangable their tunes were. Really good stuff. 

Met Themis from Rotting Christ before the show too. Top bloke.

[Image: 46hd4Qz.jpeg]
[Image: wbVm2i2.jpeg]
[Image: jV3KoGX.jpeg]
1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro

Laughing my ass off at this shit.

hmm
Found some old cd's.

The Greatest Hits of 93 Vol 3.

Here's the first two tracks on it.

This shitty compilation disc might be legit.
2 users liked this post: Potato, MJBarret
Holy fuck, this cd is amazing.

Haven't thought about this shit in years.

The CD peaked here. Apparently this was a big hit in 93 in the Netherlands.
(05-14-2024, 05:04 PM)HardcoreRetro wrote:

The CD peaked here. Apparently this was a big hit in 93 in the Netherlands.

Shit that brings back memories. I had the Green Jello VHS tape. I'd bring that to parties so we had something to watch while we got shit-faced.

[Image: L0fRVWx.jpg]
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGuuHVOgpqHMv7s1UFGVzcGEGX6GCY_TZ&si=xDNwqTu2hcidibYV
Edit: I just watched it again. Probably the first time in almost 30 years. Check out that playlist and let me know if you would invite me back to the party.
1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
Going through random stuff, I don't know why people complain about this band changing, their metalcore wasn't exactly very good but it works as backing to whatever the fuck you call what it is they do now:

Spoiler:  (click to show)