International Politics
Like United States politics but with non-Americans

I don't
Former Soviet countries suffering from endemic corruption?
Titus Gopnik

Who is fighting who again?

but the Washington Post told me President DuoLingo was a national hero Shocked Pikachu

Maybe we shouldn't have stuck our dick in crazy in the first place George Trumps
2 users liked this post: chronovore, Potato

Litmus test to see how Meloni responds to this.
With those earthquakes in Morocco and floods in Libya she has no choice but to provide a safe haven.  lol

It's also EU policy to grow the EU population to 500 million and be more competitive globally (i.e. cheap labor).
The globalists have masterfully connected the need for open borders with the climate crisis, LGBTQ+ rights and anti-Putin policies.

They don't care about rising crime, anti-semitism and other problems and the European right is too retarded(or corrupt) to stop them. 
Generations of brainwashing have convinced people that voting against their own interests is the right thing to do.

I don't

How the fuck, this is the guy running the entire fucking war end even he is at peak apathy.
1 user liked this post: chronovore

This is the only relatable thing I’ve ever seen a politician do.
1 user liked this post: Nintex

At least groping is a marketable high value skill Trumps
Always fascinated how migrants in dinghies and rafts manned by amateurs seem to navigate perfectly to this tiny remote island, as if someone is paying for it. Nah..nah, can't be. Oh well, if there was a simple solution for this, it would have been found long ago...c'est la vie.
(09-14-2023, 11:01 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Always fascinated how migrants in dinghies and rafts manned by amateurs seem to navigate perfectly to this tiny remote island, as if someone is paying for it.  Nah..nah, can't be.  Oh well, if there was a simple solution for this, it would have been found long ago...c'est la vie.

There is a solution. We implemented it a long time ago. 

The big problem is it costs a lot of money and requires a little bit of creativity regarding our commitments under the UN convention on refugees.
(09-14-2023, 11:01 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Always fascinated how migrants in dinghies and rafts manned by amateurs seem to navigate perfectly to this tiny remote island, as if someone is paying for it.  Nah..nah, can't be.  Oh well, if there was a simple solution for this, it would have been found long ago...c'est la vie.

They can come up with whatever excuse they want but the EU politicians want this to happen so they have cheap labor and fresh breeding stock to stay competitive with India, the US and China. I wouldn't mind half as much if they were just honest about it. 

Hungary built a fence and it worked, Poland built a fence and it worked.
But the EU is threatening Hungary and Poland with all sorts of sanctions for putting up barriers. 

It was over when the Greeks didn't revolt, they got assfucked by the neoliberals and accepted it giving Brussels free reign to do whatever the fuck they want.
I just don't know anymore...
I read an interesting piece the other day of a prominent French poltiical advisor.

He basically argued that the EU had made the wrong calls over the past 2 decades by blindly following the US and putting national interests ahead of EU interests and that now we're finally heading to the right track.
The basic idea was that we need to stop fucking around with SMEs as we can't possibly compete with big tech out of the US and Chinese subsidized state owned firms.
So the EU should bankroll large high tech enterprises and corporations too. He also said we should get a grip when it comes to migration. Percentage wise the numbers were still low for all of the EU and we need all that labor.

Another point he made is that the US will withdraw from Europe in the not so distant feature. Even if Trump doesn't get in, it doesn't make sense for the US to have a large military presence here if we refuse to return the favor and back them on Taiwan. There is also no sign that Germany will actually start to pull their weight for NATO. It is more likely that they will seek friendly relations with Russia again after the war.

Putin
Dead

To sum up von der Leyen:

No Naval Blockade. Instead a coordinated response by EU and Italy. We have an obligation as part of the international community. We have fulfilled it in the past and will continue to do so. But the EU will decide who will come to the EU and under which circumstances not the smugglers and traffickers.

10 point action plan
- Support to deal with the crisis (for registration and finger printing etc.)
- Support to transfer the migrants from Lampedusa to other EU states based on the mechanism of EU solidarity
- Support for Frontex to send back migrants who are not qualified for asylum
- Will send the EU VP to negotiate their return with the countries of origin.
- We must step up our efforts to fight the smugglers, anti-smuggling legislation needs an update
- Take action against the logistics of the smugglers by destroying the captured boats and dingies
- Apply swift asylum procedures to make sure those not qualified will have to return
- Improve legal pathways and humanitarian corridors to counter the smugglers lies
- Will work with the UNCR to increase protection for migrants along the dangerous routes
- Will send more money to Tunisia

The number of arrivals on Lampedusa has increased to 12 000.

Now up to Meloni to decide to implement a naval blockade on her own or lose this island and probably her job. 

Nintex 3 Point action plan
- Patrol the coasts with battle ships and aeroplanes and blow the smugglers out of the water Trumps 
- Reduce the aid for Tunisia and other countries of origin by 1% for every illegal migrant that sets foot on our shores
- Use the money to lower taxes
1 user liked this post: Propagandhim

Coup in the Congo

I watched Tucker interview this guy, he's just so weird.  Titus
Seeet sideburns tho [Image: t9h9Xk4.png]
1 user liked this post: Potato
No more UK crap in this thread:
Azerbaijan has started a special military operation in Nagorno-Karabakh.

The Armenian prime minister refuses to start a war with Azerbaijan over the Nagorno-Karabakh region leaving the Armenians there stranded and defenseless.
The Russian peacekeepers( lol ) won't fire back unless fired upon.

The Armenian people aren't happy by the lack of action on the part of their government and are trying to overthrow it.

European solidarity

lol

President duolingo warns us that we're not doing enough to save the climate.  lol

The disaster in Libya had nothing to do with the climate but neglect of maintenance you hack fraud.
I'm sure Ukraine would welcome some fresh meat for the grinder refugees right now though...
Quote:

Hollywood writers on strike. His speeches go off rails.  wtf?

The poles are pulling the plug

Badass
(09-21-2023, 04:36 AM)benji wrote:

Badass

i've been a good citizen and done my best to declare that anyone who says that "they" are "out to get" Russel Brand is a tinfoiler, but shit like this isn't exactly helping  my cause lol
Weirdly nobody was trying to cut off Tory MP and Whip Chris Pinchers income when he was accused of sexual harassment and assault. He actually got a promotion!

But that's none of my business...
2 users liked this post: benji, Potato