TV news and views
couch potatoes unite
Anyone watching season 2 of Wheel of Time?

One episode in and I'm not disliking it so far.
(08-18-2023, 09:33 AM)chronovore wrote: Finished THE RECRUIT on Netflix. Still enjoying the Bourne-like filming style of most of it, and Discount Angelina Jolie is still pretty interesting. The kid they have playing the main big dope is good, and pretty believable. Sadly, most of the political stuff is so feasible that almost no-one is really a likable character. Maybe the main guy and his friends, but they also make bad or selfish decisions, even while everyone around them is being tactically political.

Probably start The Bear next, but not sure if wife will enjoy it. We lean toward simple procedurals.

I thought you were talking about the superior film at first and I'm like what the fuck is they talking about? 

You wife will enjoy the bear.
1 user liked this post: chronovore
I'm in for that.
Wheel of Time season 2 has been a bit of a slog, but I certainly had my interest piqued by this scene

[Image: xGu4imH.gif]

Mmmmm, big tiddy goth girls...I miss filler...
In news that should surprise no one

Rejoice!

YES CHEF!
Watched the first episode of Loki S2. 

What the fuck is this shit?

I'm cool with suspending my disbelief for capeshite, but this is beyond the pale.

Big man hitting people  Gun
Reacher season 1 was great.

I particularly liked how to make it more cinematic, they changed most of his inner monologues to spoken diatribes, so he becomes this huge super loquacious chatty kathy brick shithouse narrating how exactly he is going to fuck everyone up while he does it.
(11-10-2023, 03:03 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: Reacher season 1 was great.

I particularly liked how to make it more cinematic, they changed most of his inner monologues to spoken diatribes, so he becomes this huge super loquacious chatty kathy brick shithouse narrating how exactly he is going to fuck everyone up while he does it.

I liked it because it was so over the top. My favourite moment was when he went full sovereign citizen in jail and got out of an anal probing by quoting the constitution  lol
oops
Bodies on Netflix was really fucking good, I'm kinda surprised I've not seen a lot of chatter about it online, especially given its based on a comic book which is usually nerd bait.

Admittedly I fucking love time travel shit and procedural figure out the crime shit, so this is a double whammy, but one of the better things I've seen this year.

SQUID GAME: THE CASH IN, is, however, a huge pile of shit, and I usually enjoy game theory style reality tv stuff like The Mole or Traitors.
1 user liked this post: jorma
I wasn't a huge fan of Bodies.

But I suppose I'm not a huge fan of time travel shenanigans or comics, so I'm not the target market.
[Image: 87cvu4.jpg]
(11-27-2023, 08:48 AM)Eric Cartman wrote: [Image: 87cvu4.jpg]

Second special was fucking great, some top tier Doctor Who just really hammering home just how shit Chibnall was as a show runner.

I kind of expect him to flub the landing on the trio, because a lot of his season finales payoffs previously didn't land, but it's nice to have something to look forward to watching again, and looking forward to the newly rebooted season 1 next year.
Yu Yu Hakusho Live Action Netflix, went in with no expectations and it was entertaining for what it was...one thing that surprised me is that it's pretty gory which is kind of confusing when they usually censor the shit of the violence.

spoiler-ton
Spoiler:  (click to show)
Yusuke gets hit by truck-kun in this version and bounced around under the truck it was pretty gnarly, as opposed to getting hit with a regular car and rolling over the hood of the car and hitting the street.

I was annoyed by Kuwabara not having a pompadour and his chi or whatever is the wrong color, and Koenma isn't a babby wtf!

They skipped a whole lotta shit, I mean a lot of shit I mean they were only working with five episodes after all, this could be a good or a bad thing with dbz era filler nonsense with tournament arcs.

It was decent if you don't have nothing else to do on a boring Sunday afternoon give it a watch.
Yeah. I watched it over the past week. Without knowledge from the anime, I feel lots of it wouldn’t really make sense. But the action is fun and dynamic. On its own, if anything, it reminds me of the old Mortal Kombat movie.

I don’t know if they meant for it to be a movie and switched to a show? Only five episodes is odd. All together it’s around 3 1/2 hours.
Not for nothing but The Sopranos complete series is on sale on Apple for 40 quid. I only mention it because it never goes on sale so you might want to grab it before it goes back to whatever mad price it usually is
Started watching The Dark Side of the Ring.

Highly recommended if you have a passing interest in 80s and 90s wrestling.
Ted

Was pretty good. Went further into the 90s nostalgia than I’d expect, but soft on slurs. Not even from the bully character.

I should check out The Orville. Seems there’s a lot of crossover in talent.
The Orville is an all time classic
2 users liked this post: Tycoon Padre, D3RANG3D
The Curse is a thing that I watched, and have thoughts about, and will probably stick with me somewhere in my subconscious for a while.

It's a Nathan Fielder thing, but its not a comedy, but its also very funny at times.
I think its best going in fairly blind, and also binging it rather than watching week by week, because its fairly decompressed, and in terms of actual plot not a lot actually happens. Its almost all character moments.

The ending is pretty fucking out there. I've seen people call it Lynchian, but I think its Kafkaesque. Maybe even Dadaist.
1 user liked this post: Potato
(11-26-2023, 04:27 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: SQUID GAME: THE CASH IN, is, however, a huge pile of shit, and I usually enjoy game theory style reality tv stuff like The Mole or Traitors.

The Trust on Netflix is pretty meh, but is also a microcosm for why we really live in a patriachy lol

The gist is that theres a big cash fund to be split equally amongst everyone there, unless anyone decides to kick anyone out and up everyones share accordingly.
All the guys day one are "Well, no good reason to kick anyone out yet, im happy with my share".
Bunch of ladies start scheming how to fuck everyone else over from pretty much the first moment they're left alone (and it mostly all backfires on them too because of their own compulsive lying and fuckery to 'get them before they get you' when nobody was out to get them) lol
(02-14-2024, 11:28 AM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(11-26-2023, 04:27 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: SQUID GAME: THE CASH IN, is, however, a huge pile of shit, and I usually enjoy game theory style reality tv stuff like The Mole or Traitors.

The Trust on Netflix is pretty meh, but is also a microcosm for why we really live in a patriachy  lol

The gist is that theres a big cash fund to be split equally amongst everyone there, unless anyone decides to kick anyone out and up everyones share accordingly.
All the guys day one are "Well, no good reason to kick anyone out yet, im happy with my share".
Bunch of ladies start scheming how to fuck everyone else over from pretty much the first moment they're left alone (and it mostly all backfires on them too because of their own compulsive lying and fuckery to 'get them before they get you' when nobody was out to get them)  lol

Every time someone says, "If women ran the world there would be no wars", I honestly wonder if they've ever
spent extended time with a group of women. They're fucking vile to each other and way more viscous than blokes.