Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
resettis, simply do not wear the swimsuit in the game. your problem is now resolved.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mounting-evidence-suggests-biden-kept-pro-bolsonaro-generals-from-executing-a-coup.820380/page-3?post=119619027#post-119619027

Particle Physicist wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:The framing of both the article and this thread are highly US-centric, as if Biden carried the majority of the weight. Not hard to see why it would have ruffled feathers, especially since the article slips that the outcome was "inevitable" anyways: this was primarily an internal effort by Brazil with help from multiple sectors in Washington. A good outcome overall, but at the same time let's be real here.
Let's be real here, any positive Biden news ruffles feathers on this board.
Popcorn
(02-23-2024, 06:58 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Edalyn wrote:also somewhat related I just dealt with some really offputting sexism in dragon quest builders 2, a chibi game that by all accounts should be targeting women as thier main demo, but the story is so fucking bad it feels like I'm playing some Shonen shit. I feel like at some point, square enix just forgot woman play these things too
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-326?post=119608464#post-119608464

Confused what this weirdo is losing their mind over, looking on google it seems to be this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GirlGamers/comments/ckisza/is_dragon_quest_builders_2_a_little_sexist/
Quote:After finishing Furrowfield and feeling invested in the restoration of the island, it’s a sharp contrast to this little island where all the men here desperately want to see Bab in a leaotard, bunny ears and fishnet stalkings. Maybe I’m being sensitve here, but it’s gotten to a place where I don’t even want to read the dialog. And I get that the characters have accents, but the few times I have read Babs outloud, it sounded like baby talk. Curious what other people who have played through this thought.

Which if you google dragon quest builders babs leotard you get on the official builders site:

[Image: 859915111526060032?time=1686747341287]
https://en.dragonquest-builders.com/detail/?c=zECTJvCBuh&e=859915111526060032

Social Justice Warrior 2  Sabu

The funniest thing is if they had read the dialogue they would have understood Babs is in full control. She’s literally the stronk woman these cunts are always droning on about. Instead the tard sees a lady in a leotard and blows a fuse. Fucking incels.
(02-23-2024, 09:59 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mounting-evidence-suggests-biden-kept-pro-bolsonaro-generals-from-executing-a-coup.820380/page-3?post=119619027#post-119619027
Particle Physicist wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:The framing of both the article and this thread are highly US-centric, as if Biden carried the majority of the weight. Not hard to see why it would have ruffled feathers, especially since the article slips that the outcome was "inevitable" anyways: this was primarily an internal effort by Brazil with help from multiple sectors in Washington. A good outcome overall, but at the same time let's be real here.
Let's be real here, any positive Biden news ruffles feathers on this board.
Article about the Biden administration involvement in a different country is too US centric? Like... isn't that the story though? It's like saying that an article about Republicans blocking aid for Ukraine is too US centric.
The Brazil situation is interesting, considering the significant evidence that there was foul play on both sides.
The drug cartels favored Lula and he got the big margins he needed to beat Bolsonaros lead from the areas they control.

Oh well, they now have the Putin loving anti-semitic communist they wanted  Thumbsup
3 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
Lula posters are always the most fun to observe on Era.  Malarkey!
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Taco Bell Tower
(02-23-2024, 08:57 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
katbobo wrote:Speaking of JKR, it's shocking to me sometimes how much transphobia is present even on sites that seem to lean more left such as Reddit.

Made a comment on the /r/television post about the new Harry Potter show that JKR is consulting on, about how Rowling is creatively stunting the IP because her TERF worldview means she will never be willing to explore the IP in a way that would really leverage its strengths.

It's a world filled with magic that could be used to tell some great stories about identity, gender, relationships; but her core beliefs limit her in such a way that exploring the diversity of perspective and existence that a world like that would enable is impossible for her to ever do.

Even if we somehow try to remove her from her TERF-ness (impossible, it's core to her) it's not like she's been exactly good since the books ended. Every story she's tried to tell in the world since then has been poorly received and seems to misunderstand what made kids love it in the first place.

My score on the post has been bouncing up and down all day and settled in the negatives. Expected better, but transphobia is so deeply ingrained.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-2024-and-yes-its-still-a-trans-genocide-an-faq-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-today-and-beyond.811257/page-2?post=119609085#post-119609085

Further showcasing that Harry Potter is banned not because it’s so egregious, but because it continues to do well in spite of their attempts at forcing themselves into it lol

Found their reddit and the post they're talking about
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/s/JcuWsqCCFG
Quote:It's weird, Rowling doesn't even seem to have a great grasp on *why* people loved the books and what kids latched on to. Even if we somehow put aside the TERF issue (despite it being so integral to her as a person) she just doesn't seem to be particularly creative these days, or interested in pushing forward the IP. Everything i've seen from her after the main series completed has been rote and boring ideas, and out of touch with her fanbase. People are really excited for \*this\* Rowling to be involved?

Like, there's so many interesting stories you could explore and tell in the world that she'd be unwilling to. I don't get why her being involved is a positive in anyone's eyes. She's holding back the IP on a creative level, and I think a lot of it is closely tied to her being a TERF. Her perspective on gender gives a lot of insight into her fundamental world view. It's a shame because the nature of the HP world and its magic could enable such cool explorations of themes if it wasn't bound to someone so scared of the possibilities of experiences that a world like that would enable in terms of identity, gender, relationships, and more.
katbobo wrote:Speaking of JKR, it's shocking to me sometimes how much transphobia is present even on sites that seem to lean more left such as Reddit.

Made a comment on the /r/television post about the new Harry Potter show that JKR is consulting on, about how Rowling is creatively stunting the IP because her TERF worldview means she will never be willing to explore the IP in a way that would really leverage its strengths.

It's a world filled with magic that could be used to tell some great stories about identity, gender, relationships; but her core beliefs limit her in such a way that exploring the diversity of perspective and existence that a world like that would enable is impossible for her to ever do.

Even if we somehow try to remove her from her TERF-ness (impossible, it's core to her) it's not like she's been exactly good since the books ended. Every story she's tried to tell in the world since then has been poorly received and seems to misunderstand what made kids love it in the first place.

My score on the post has been bouncing up and down all day and settled in the negatives. Expected better, but transphobia is so deeply ingrained.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-2024-and-yes-its-still-a-trans-genocide-an-faq-and-what-you-can-do-about-it-today-and-beyond.811257/page-2?post=119609085#post-119609085

Further showcasing that Harry Potter is banned not because it’s so egregious, but because it continues to do well in spite of their attempts at forcing themselves into it lol

I guarantee you that no matter how or who handles it, someone would get really offended if you make a character trans through magic. Also it's a retelling of the books, why would you suddenly try to add some trans storyline? That's not a "missed opportunity" it would just be hamfisted shit
(02-23-2024, 10:41 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote:

Found their reddit and the post they're talking about
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/s/JcuWsqCCFG
Quote:It's weird, Rowling doesn't even seem to have a great grasp on *why* people loved the books and what kids latched on to. Even if we somehow put aside the TERF issue (despite it being so integral to her as a person) she just doesn't seem to be particularly creative these days, or interested in pushing forward the IP. Everything i've seen from her after the main series completed has been rote and boring ideas, and out of touch with her fanbase. People are really excited for \*this\* Rowling to be involved?

Like, there's so many interesting stories you could explore and tell in the world that she'd be unwilling to. I don't get why her being involved is a positive in anyone's eyes. She's holding back the IP on a creative level, and I think a lot of it is closely tied to her being a TERF. Her perspective on gender gives a lot of insight into her fundamental world view. It's a shame because the nature of the HP world and its magic could enable such cool explorations of themes if it wasn't bound to someone so scared of the possibilities of experiences that a world like that would enable in terms of identity, gender, relationships, and more.
Have another down vote you twit.
TERF BITCH
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mounting-evidence-suggests-biden-kept-pro-bolsonaro-generals-from-executing-a-coup.820380/page-3?post=119622348#post-119622348

nolongerexists wrote:Also, as usual, Nepenthe doesn't miss. Pretty sure I've nodded along in agreement to every single post of theirs I've ever read. Doing god's work out here.
Popular
(02-23-2024, 05:19 PM)Averon wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-326?post=119606298#post-119606298

Quote:This stuff they're doing with Tifa in this though feels like such a backslide and such the antithesis of her as a character. It's like the game is explicitly saying, "who she is doesn't matter. What she does doesn't matter. We know you just wanna see titties" and it fucking sucks. It's actively making me debate just accepting that this shit is no longer for me and that I'll have to be okay seeing/experiencing 1/3 of the story.
Wut

(02-23-2024, 06:28 PM)Propagandhim wrote: [Image: Mr3isKs.png]
You should help me get outraged by showing the sentences those shoplifters have been getting. Society

katbobo wrote:It's a world filled with magic that could be used to tell some great stories about identity, gender, relationships; but her core beliefs limit her in such a way that exploring the diversity of perspective and existence that a world like that would enable is impossible for her to ever do.

Shouldn't a world filled with magic be about magic? Or are you saying we can't tell great stories about identity, gender and relationships in our magic-free world? YIKES, sounds like TERF shit!

(02-23-2024, 09:51 PM)nachobro wrote: resettis, simply do not wear the swimsuit in the game. your problem is now resolved.
Uh, did you not see the post about how there will be Twitch streamers wearing these outfits and ruining the Final Fantasy VII brand image??? Just say you don't care about marginalized people.
(02-23-2024, 11:04 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mounting-evidence-suggests-biden-kept-pro-bolsonaro-generals-from-executing-a-coup.820380/page-3?post=119622348#post-119622348

nolongerexists wrote:Also, as usual, Nepenthe doesn't miss. Pretty sure I've nodded along in agreement to every single post of theirs I've ever read. Doing god's work out here.
Popular

And they call other people "Bootlickers"
*Nepenthe jumps from the shadows and sprays randomly at a crowd*

"as usual, Nepenthe doesn't miss"
Someone I follow retweeted this and it gave me a chuckle...as long as we're talking about ff7 and this is the shitpost thread.

Not that I don't have sympathy for what innocent Palestinians are going through...or that someone can't connect two ideas together...but what is with trying to find a revolutionary spirit within mass consumerist entertainment products like videogames and marvel movies  lol

Anyway, I've been thinking about Tifa's fat sloppers all day on the bus to work this morning.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gop-are-freaking-out-over-the-recent-alabama-ivf-ruling.820539/?post=119615154#post-119615154
Quote:Oops our frothing-at-the-mouth religious zealot freak shit is deeply unpopular with normal people

Next up: Divorce, gay marriage, all forms of contraception
Slayven
Quote:You think Clarence Thomas will miss a chance to make his own marriage illegal;?
Yes, make interracial marriage illegal

Quote:If you're younger than ~ 22, I'd possibly forgive your support of Republicans (family/social structure/immaturity), but they've been pushing unhinged bullshit for awhile, so you can find this info relatively easily if you choose to be critical.
You're a Ree, you don't forgive or forget
(02-17-2024, 09:35 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
(02-16-2024, 06:26 PM)TylenolJones wrote: HUGE NEW RESETERA FEATURE YEARS IN THE MAKING!!!!!

They installed a tournament plugin on their site  Shocked

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-gaming-tournaments-platform-is-live.817719/

So shocker, first tournament doesn’t appear to be going well. 

Bdumbs put up $900 worth of prizes, but not even half the spots have filled up after 24 hours (29/64). All you have to do to sign up is click a button. 

Well in the week since I’ve posted that they’ve gotten 9 more entries (38/64). Entries close in a week, who wants to bet they won’t get 64 entries by then?

Regardless, no one is beating Nep. 

Quote:Testing out a theorycrafted team on Showdown right now and having decent success even against the pile of Legendaries allowed in the current VGC format. First time I'm really doing this and I find the process rewarding for how much I'm learning.

Quote:I haven't run into Gouging Fire yet, but as for Flutter, I specifically made my team to be able to deal with her. Had a slight issue with rain teams, but I'm still at a space where I can't tell if it's my team that's lacking or my shitty decision-making lol.

POKEMON IS HARD.
No one at Ree wants to risk a ban if they beat NepNep.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/odysseus-just-landed-near-the-moons-south-pole-first-time-the-us-has-landed-on-the-moon-since-the-apollo-missions.820269/page-2

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68388695

Quote:The Odysseus Moon lander is likely lying on its side with its head resting against a rock.

The US spacecraft, which made history on Thursday by becoming the first ever privately built and operated robot to complete a soft lunar touchdown, is otherwise in good condition
Is it tho?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-35?post=119625108#post-119625108

Tret Crimshank wrote:Not sure where to ask so this thread, I choose you!

I'm trying to access an evidently members only thread (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers) but don't see it on the main page and can't access it directly via the link I Googled. I was told that it may have been converted to a Members Only thread, which restricts viewership to those with a high enough post count. If that's the case, then how many posts do I need to make to gain access? Is there an info page where I could even see that information?
Dead
(02-23-2024, 11:29 PM)Propagandhim wrote: Someone I follow retweeted this and it gave me a chuckle...as long as we're talking about ff7 and this is the shitpost thread.

Not that I don't have sympathy for what innocent Palestinians are going through...or that someone can't connect two ideas together...but what is with trying to find a revolutionary spirit within mass consumerist entertainment products like videogames and marvel movies  lol

Anyway, I've been thinking about Tifa's fat sloppers all day on the bus to work this morning.

again, basically what benji said...you can do this with anything

all acts that are considered villainous can be boiled down to selfishness, in some sense acquiring something you don't have at the expensive of someone else

if you steal someone's bicycle, you are metaphorically "planting your flag" on his property, saying "this is mine now," which is colonization

if your mommy asks you if you stole a cookie from the cookie jar and you lie, you are imposing an incorrect interpretation of reality onto her, bringing your world into reality and diminishing her own, colonizing her mind in some small subtle way

Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior Social Justice Warrior 
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1708729478' wrote: 1708729478[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mounting-evidence-suggests-biden-kept-pro-bolsonaro-generals-from-executing-a-coup.820380/page-3?post=119622348#post-119622348

Popular

Found one of her alts.
Of course my opponents are exactly like the bad guys in my favorite fiction. Allow me to find some examples based on superficial similarities from standard plot tropes. This proves anyone who disagrees with me is irredeemably evil and have no legitimate concerns other than wanting to do evil just for evilsake. Yet again my good nature is illustrated by who I am against. I am very intelligent. Snob
Look, it The Bire:

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Just thinking of the 9 million "but y'all aint ready for that conversation" tweets they had to trawl through.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-odd-things-that-make-you-happy.820659/
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Quote:Pretty much what the title says, what are those things that make you happy that others might find strange?

Like seeing chocolate being made, a hailstorm, or seeing a baby crab using a Sea Pig like a bus for example? Those things you can't fully explain why, but make you happy regardless?

Like for me, I find seeing other women happy makes me happy, especially when it comes to representation or just genuine joy in general; whether its seeing or reading women fans being really happy online like today with Splatoon or offline and seeing women being happy because something good has just happened. It just makes me smile and feel giddy myself, like it's infectious, I can't explain it.
(02-24-2024, 05:22 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-odd-things-that-make-you-happy.820659/
TheEchosOfTheCyborg
Quote:Pretty much what the title says, what are those things that make you happy that others might find strange?

Like seeing chocolate being made, a hailstorm, or seeing a baby crab using a Sea Pig like a bus for example? Those things you can't fully explain why, but make you happy regardless?

Like for me, I find seeing other women happy makes me happy, especially when it comes to representation or just genuine joy in general; whether its seeing or reading women fans being really happy online like today with Splatoon or offline and seeing women being happy because something good has just happened. It just makes me smile and feel giddy myself, like it's infectious, I can't explain it.

Females
Oh my god, she talking about this and Clicker Carl.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-pearlina-pearlxmarina-be-confirmed-canon-in-side-order.751858/page-2?post=119634219#post-119634219

Not a fucking fetish.
(02-24-2024, 05:30 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Oh my god, she talking about this and Clicker Carl.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-pearlina-pearlxmarina-be-confirmed-canon-in-side-order.751858/page-2?post=119634219#post-119634219

Not a fucking fetish.

For someone who kept saying the FF7 swimsuits are infantilized, Clickly sure loves playing and sexualizing characters in a children's game.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-92?post=119620641#post-119620641

Damn. Brady is trying to get banned again. I guess the upcoming election really is ruffling his feathers.
(02-24-2024, 05:30 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Oh my god, she talking about this and Clicker Carl.

Not a fucking fetish.

literally none of the "evidence" actually confirms that the supposedly 18+ characters who look like actual children are indeed fingerblasting each other

it's literally all "omg we are lovely friends"