“Every day, I come by your house and I pick you up.
Movies
Haven’t gone to theaters in some time and I checked matinee mid week tickets for Dune 2. The imax tickets are approaching $25 and you can’t select a solo seat anymore? There are tons of open seats yet they’re saying you must sit next to somebody else on the off chance the showing fills up.
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
(03-03-2024, 11:58 PM)Polident wrote: Haven’t gone to theaters in some time and I checked matinee mid week tickets for Dune 2. The imax tickets are approaching $25 and you can’t select a solo seat anymore? There are tons of open seats yet they’re saying you must sit next to somebody else on the off chance the showing fills up.

That's shit, but just move once you get there.
(03-03-2024, 11:58 PM)Polident wrote: Haven’t gone to theaters in some time and I checked matinee mid week tickets for Dune 2. The imax tickets are approaching $25 and you can’t select a solo seat anymore? There are tons of open seats yet they’re saying you must sit next to somebody else on the off chance the showing fills up.

No singles policy. This is discrimination.  Princess Peach
Just watched Dune Part 1. Movie sucked ass. An animal would not be able to move through sand like that. Why can't they just manufacture spice? Breeding for 1000's of years to achieve what CRISPR could do in 9 months? Also spit is gross. Ill still watch Part 2 but i'm not happy about it
They can't just make it because the worms have to shit it out as part of the process.

Its kinda like civet coffee.
That Poor Things is very good. It's bleak but funny as fuck. Dafoe's accent is spot on. That guy is a machine. He doesn't stop. Anyway it definitely deserves a couple of Oscars.
1 user liked this post: chronovore

Cinema

Wut
(03-06-2024, 07:54 AM)Nintex wrote:

Cinema

Even on Twitter Kojima can't help but be a pretentious, wordy twat.
1 user liked this post: chronovore
DEEEBUNKED BY BLACK SCIENCE MAN:
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, chronovore, NekoFever, Uncle
(03-10-2024, 07:23 AM)benji wrote: DEEEBUNKED BY BLACK SCIENCE MAN:

He must have read my post
Hardcore Nintex Dune content:

edit: Dead
https://thebore.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=29&pid=39938#pid39938
5 users liked this post: Tucker's Law, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, remy, Uncle, Nintex
the zone of interest is very good. It's definitely not a Friday fun film though. You're not going to sit eating popcorn and ice cream during it. Maybe have a bag of off brand crisps or something that's mature but not too enjoyable so that you can get a sense of the suffering the film depicts. I had some Asda's own brand chocolate cheescake and coffee which I think reflected the sombre tone quite well.
1 user liked this post: Potato
Don’t like to dwell on movies I didn’t enjoy, but Argyle might’ve been the most exhausting movie I’ve seen in some time. There a plot twist every couple minutes. Before there’s time to sit with it, there’s another twist. Keeps doing that until the mid credits scene. It’s constant.
(03-13-2024, 01:58 AM)Polident wrote: Don’t like to dwell on movies I didn’t enjoy, but Argyle might’ve been the most exhausting movie I’ve seen in some time. There a plot twist every couple minutes. Before there’s time to sit with it, there’s another twist. Keeps doing that until the mid credits scene. It’s constant.

I wanted to see it after the first trailer but holy shit I wouldn't be able to get through it if that's the case.
I recently watched Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, because I like Jason Statham in almost anything. As it played through, many of the shots felt like a made for TV movie, while others seemed to be aping Guy Ritchie. Then I kept thinking how much more I enjoyed The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, which is essentially the same plot, but with Nic Cage.  Imagine my surprise when it ended and it turned out to be a Guy Ritchie film! As much as Nic Cage makes fun of himself and his reputation in UWoMT, conversely Guy Ritchie seems determined to half-ass his own techniques and methods in Operation Fortune

It's not a bad movie, just not up to snuff for a Guy Ritchie movie that could have kicked off a franchise for Statham.
1 user liked this post: Eric Cartman
me on t'other bore wrote:Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre is the second Guy Ritchie straight to streaming on Prime movie I've seen now, and although I think Wrath Of Man was better, its a pretty good popcorn flick with a "seriously? that's the name you're going with?" title.

Its basically Mission Impossible, if the IMF team were working for British secret services, and if the team lead (the outrageously named Orson Fortune) was also kind of shit at the bits of his job that aren't just beating the shit out of dudes so his team have a bit more to do.
Hugh Grant hams it up, but also seems to be recycling his The Gentlemen character, Jason Statham plays it a little more straight but is also recycling a whole fucking bunch of his career, Aubrey Plaza is pretty good as a femme fatale hacker, and Cary Elwes is a pretty good Basil Exposition.

Hesright

I don't think any film with french in the title is ever going to be franchise material in the US.
Also the other film in what I like to think of as the Ritchie Amazon trilogy - The Covenant - was boring shit; Ruse is a solid B
Wrath of Man was great.

More than any other actor, Statham carries the torch of that particular Arnold action star movie. Him and Liam Neeson. Lower budget guys like Scott Adkins are great, too, at a different scale.

Do any of their characters have names? Nope. They’re all Statham and Liam Neeson. Liam Neeson on a plane. Liam Neeson on a train. Liam Neeson fighting wolves.

Hollywoods back
1 user liked this post: Potato

Damaged
Ozzy in the soundtrack but on a fucking Post Malone song is just the icing on the shit pile.

Ozzy is perfect for The Crow, but not like that...
1 user liked this post: Tucker's Law
Looking forward to thebore review of the movie.
A guy a few classes above us would dress as The Crow and got upset when people likened him to Neo or the columbine shooters. Are goths still around?
Big tiddy goth girls will always have a place on thebore.
Killers of the flower moon. 2nd time I've tried but it's just boring as fuck and it goes on forever. It actually feels longer than Oppenheimer. There will be blood is superior in every way.
Zone of Interest is definitely on my holocaust top 5 list, maybe even my WWII top 5
There's some brilliant comedy in it. "The first thing we did was install central heating. You wouldn't believe how cold it was." Lol.