XSX vs PS5
Pros and slims
This is so hilarious because they're so close to pulling it out of the fire. 

X360 success was built around being the lead platform for CoD.

All they need to do is use their ownership to make sure that happens again. That XBSX CoD is the lead version and gets all the cool shit first and best. 

Do that for all the Activision shit and XB will thrive. 

Whatever they're doing now is dumb as fuck and I love it.

lol

My bro says one of the issues is having to bring COD games to every platform on a yearly basis, increasing development costs and limiting what they can do because it has to run on all those cloud services and Switch 2 and most of those platforms don't have PSN/XBL level online platforms.

Also skipping a year with COD is nearly impossible because they need the revenue.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
(05-09-2024, 07:10 AM)Nintex wrote:

lol

My bro says one of the issues is having to bring COD games to every platform on a yearly basis, increasing development costs and limiting what they can do because it has to run on all those cloud services and Switch 2 and most of those platforms don't have PSN/XBL level online platforms.

Also skipping a year with COD is nearly impossible because they need the revenue.

This is why every game needs both a Nuke option (or a thematic equivalent), and a dedicated "take a piss" button
1 user liked this post: Nintex

lol

Absolute Clown gaming brand.
2 users liked this post: HardcoreRetro, who is ted danson?
https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/sony-q3-fy3-2024-financial-results-oct-dec-2023-gn-s-sales-up-by-16-yoy-oi-down-by-26-ps5-hw-at-8-2m-sw-at-89-7m-new-forecast-sm2-at-10m.2418/

Sony revising hardware forecasts down. 

Increase in losses from hardware mainly due to promotions.

So, basically, they are having to discount and bundle more just to sell fewer PS5s.

This generation is just the fucking worst and the whole industry is being led by the two least creative and most awful companies possible.
Nintendo + Steam is the future Preach
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Potato
*Looks at the PS5 exclusives list*

Pages in category "PlayStation 5-only games"

The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.

*Sees a game he never heard of. Quantum Error*

Bloody Disgusting called it one of the worst games of 2023 and said it is "a failure on nearly every level".

Wow!
Even with all the ports to Switch this list is better https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii_U-only_games
A
Astro's Playroom did anyone play this?
D
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR lol VR 
Demon's Souls (2020 video game) remake, no one cared 
Destruction AllStars lol wtf is this shit
F
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth  lmao
H
Horizon Call of the Mountain lol VR 
M
Marvel's Wolverine not out yet
N
Neptunia reVerse PSVita remake lol
P
Project Wingman: Frontline 59 VR port of an existing game
Q
Quantum Error one of the worst games of 2023 and said it is "a failure on nearly every level
R
R-Type Final 3 Evolved essentially an expansion of R-Type Final 2
Rise of the Rōnin the very definition of mid
S
Silent Hill: The Short Message  Beli
Spider-Man 2 (2023 video game) sold a lot but made less of an impact than the Miles Morales expansion pack on PS4 
Stellar Blade  Sophisticated Japanese Gaming

So Xbox S/X sold 800k? We know the split is usually 8/2 for S/X.

So doing the (generous) math

640k * $250 = $160.000.000

160k * $500 = $80.000.000

That's give or take $250 million in hardware revenue.  lol
Quote:We know the split is usually 8/2 for S/X.

The prevalence of the Series S over the Series X throws up some interesting hypotheticals with the coming Switch 2.

1. If Switch 2 is a success and is able to manage current gen ports much the same as Switch with PS4/XBO, does this possibly lead to a two-tiered market? Switch 2/XSS and PS5/XSX? Would it make sense that AA and indie games focus on Switch 2/XSS with up-ports to PS5/XSX and then AAA focus on PS5/XSX with some possible downporting like Doom 2016? SquareEnix is already signalling that focussing on the PS5/XSX market is not sustainable.
  2. Does MS go all in on XSS and make their studios focus on that as a base level and the up-port to PS5? Would the developers stand for that or would they revolt and look elsewhere for work? Market conditions don't seem very conducive to leaving secure employment at the moment.
  3. Where does PS5Pro fit in the market? Nobody is actually making games that use the current PS5's power and those that do aren't exactly selling gangbusters anyway, so what motivation does any developer have to actually put effort into PS5Pro features?

Dunno if any of that makes sense or I am talking about shit I know nothing about. Seems crazy that developers would ignore the Switch 2/XSS-shaped elephant in the room that is crumbling down around them.
XSS has too many problems for it to be viable but devs have to target the worst hardware by default and move up from there to avoid Cyberpunk launch situations.

From what I can tell the next 3 years will be Switch 2 and PS5 dominated with Steam having a lot of growth potential. 

Publishers will indeed target Switch 2 / PS5 / PS5 Pro or PS5 / PS5 Pro and decide if Xbox / PC / iPhone is worth it on a game by game basis. However with Ray Tracing in Cyberpunk we've already seen how a game can be significantly upgraded with just some tweaked settings.

The whole slate
LAZY DEVS
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia

At least, like, try or something...

Worst console generation confirmed.
Hey, at least the first game they showed on the State of Play was cool. 

Guardians of the Dogshit Dead on Arrival Videogame.

Christ, they wasted 12 minutes on that shit.
Goddamn, Silent Hill 2 remake somehow managed to look even more terrible than I thought it'd look. 

The character models look awful and they presented it as a fucking action game...
2 users liked this post: saltygeneraltso, Gameboy Nostalgia
All of that. Every single minute Piss2
Haha, almost makes me want to watch it. 

State of Direct Play = dead
Just watched some of the trailers. 

Do any of these come out this year? 

Holy shit, such vague release dates on most of those.

What was shown was pretty fucking dire too.
Astro Bot looks cute. I'll probably get that.
Sony when they found out they didn't actually cancel the game the Japan team was working on in the basement  Whew
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, chronovore
(05-31-2024, 07:15 PM)Nintex wrote: Sony when they found out they didn't actually cancel the game the Japan team was working on in the basement  Whew

Yeah, I wondered about that, too.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-18/sony-hits-pause-on-psvr2-production-as-unsold-inventory-piles-up

Fucking worst generation ever.
Need more evidence? 

Bigshow
Quote:adding to doubts about the appeal of virtual reality gadgets.

Sales of the $550 wearable accessory
I wonder why this didn't sell
1 user liked this post: Potato
(06-06-2024, 05:04 PM)Nintex wrote:
Quote:adding to doubts about the appeal of virtual reality gadgets.

Sales of the $550 wearable accessory
I wonder why this didn't sell

Price isn't the issue here. It's that VR goggles are fucking stupid and no one cares about the technology because the physical barriers are too inconvenient.

Same reason 3D TV never took off.
I dunno, Sony Ponies buy any shit but $199 left-over tablet screens are just an easier impulse buy than a $550 headset.  lol

Another HALO 1 Re-Remaster? Such creativity from Microsoft Gaming Entertainment Bethesda Xbox Activision Studios Blizzard George Lucas