Kulturkampf
Like politics but somehow dumber
How do you "reclassify" his immigration status?  He's a citizen.  He can't just be deported.  lol  And he didn't become a citizen through fraudulent means so it's not like he can be denaturalized.  What is this idiot smoking?
3 users liked this post: DavidCroquet, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, benji
[Image: gOElUjl.jpeg]
2 users liked this post: Potato, DavidCroquet

Might as well only allow burqas
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
[Image: l8z9G5X.png]

FINALLY klobbbbbbb

Spoiler:  (click to show)
Bernie
3 users liked this post: DavidCroquet, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex

200 million
fwiw it’s a fake article. There’s a reason the publication happens to be cropped out and the fake writer’s name is, well…
Nintex I am officially recommending you go watch Folie a Deux. 

I think you'll genuinely like it! And if you don't, then at least you'll be empowered to build sicker burns. 
SCIENCE!
1 user liked this post: Nintex
1 user liked this post: benji
(10-08-2024, 05:39 PM)Nintex wrote:

Might as well only allow burqas
Nope          side boob on a 3d waifu      

Oh yeah furry fetishists deergasming on camera while being literally groomed
2 users liked this post: benji, D3RANG3D
(10-09-2024, 06:17 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

peak jk is still:
2 users liked this post: benji, HaughtyFrank
(10-09-2024, 03:31 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Nintex I am officially recommending you go watch Folie a Deux. 

I think you'll genuinely like it! And if you don't, then at least you'll be empowered to build sicker burns. 
SCIENCE!

ngl I usually like anti-movies. I enjoyed Matrix 4 too I don't
(10-09-2024, 07:16 PM)Nintex wrote:
(10-09-2024, 03:31 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Nintex I am officially recommending you go watch Folie a Deux. 

SCIENCE!

ngl I usually like anti-movies. I enjoyed Matrix 4 too I don't
Now there's a twist I didn't see coming. 

Leon

1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
First guy is conservative tweeter but he screenshot all the important parts:

1 user liked this post: DavidCroquet

SCIENCE!
2 users liked this post: HaughtyFrank, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(10-10-2024, 02:50 AM)benji wrote: First guy is conservative tweeter but he screenshot all the important parts:

The Coates stuff is bizarre. He goes on a week vacation over there and somehow anoints himself the expert on the subject. Given a media tour where everybody plays along with the delusions. First interview with the slightest pushback about like 101 material, it's this big controversy. Obviously there's the grifting thing and ego and whatever, but at some point the speaking truth to power, fighting the establishment, etc act is pretty hollow when you have the establishment coddling you this hard.
(10-10-2024, 02:52 AM)benji wrote:
SCIENCE!

why don't we just genetically modify other foods to taste like meat?
SCIENCE!

Maybe Nep was right to not trust the Asian people.
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(10-09-2024, 06:17 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

Well, I guess we won’t be getting The Mask 3.
(10-10-2024, 02:50 AM)benji wrote: First guy is conservative tweeter but he screenshot all the important parts:
This is so weird
Quote:The interview created a social media uproar. Fans of Mr. Coates accused Mr. Dokoupil of bias, with one writer for Vox calling his questions “hostile, combative and rude.” Others took a more sanguine view, including a Washington Post reporter who wrote that the conversation had been “impassioned but calm” and had brought rigor to the typically breezy realm of morning TV.
Mr. Dokoupil met for an hour with members of the CBS News standards and practices team and the in-house Race and Culture Unit, which advises on “context, tone and intention” of news programming. The conversation focused on Mr. Dokoupil’s tone of voice, phrasing and body language during his interview with Mr. Coates, one of the people said.
https://archive.fo/Qw60z#selection-4935.0-4939.216
Guys, we're talking about whether a country many people support is a genocidal apartheid state. Of course there might be an actual debate about it. Focusing on "body language" and "tone of voice" is just absurdly coddling

Also this feels like such a classic
Quote:The executives said their critique had been prompted by internal staff concerns, although at least one veteran CBS journalist said later on the call that she was puzzled over what exactly Mr. Dokoupil had done wrong.

Makes me wonder if they had actual concerns or were just upset that he challenged the premise of the book

SCIENCE!

Perfect starting point for zombie movie. Now all they eat is brains ooooh the irony
3 users liked this post: benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, DavidCroquet
Ok, glad to see some posting about the CBS Ta-Nehisi interview. I almosted posted it in the ResetEra mockery thread, but figured No1curr 

But yeah, the clip went viral, but I also think paradoxically Coates has provided the anti-israel groups a rock solid, convincing, non-hamas-endorsing and generally sane framework to build off of.

The only reason he was able to do that in a now-viral clip is because of the extremely frank questioning by the interviewer. If you want Coates view to be the prevailing one, you don't complain that this has happened, you celebrate it.

I feel like most of the people whining about the interview are distracted by narcissistic self-regard: they're imaging how immediately they would degenerate into heaving sobs and wordless screeching if presented with similar scrutiny, and are advocating to protect this non-existent self concept.
(10-10-2024, 01:57 PM)DavidCroquet wrote: Ok, glad to see some posting about the CBS Ta-Nehisi interview. I almosted posted it in the ResetEra mockery thread, but figured No1curr 

But yeah, the clip went viral, but I also think paradoxically Coates has provided the anti-israel groups a rock solid, convincing, non-hamas-endorsing and generally sane framework to build off of.

The only reason he was able to do that in a now-viral clip is because of the extremely frank questioning by the interviewer. If you want Coates view to be the prevailing one, you don't complain that this has happened, you celebrate it.

I feel like most of the people whining about the interview are distracted by narcissistic self-regard: they're imaging how immediately they would degenerate into heaving sobs and wordless screeching if presented with similar scrutiny, and are advocating to protect this non-existent self concept.

Yeah that's also a good point. The CBS host brought up the pretty classic arguments "Israel has the right to defend itself, isn't that antisemitic" etc. and whether you like it or not those are exactly the arguments Coates needs to refute since those are the believes of the people he's trying to convince, so this was actually a great platform to do that
3 users liked this post: benji, DavidCroquet, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(10-10-2024, 01:21 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:The interview created a social media uproar. Fans of Mr. Coates accused Mr. Dokoupil of bias, with one writer for Vox calling his questions “hostile, combative and rude.” Others took a more sanguine view, including a Washington Post reporter who wrote that the conversation had been “impassioned but calm” and had brought rigor to the typically breezy realm of morning TV.
Mr. Dokoupil met for an hour with members of the CBS News standards and practices team and the in-house Race and Culture Unit, which advises on “context, tone and intention” of news programming. The conversation focused on Mr. Dokoupil’s tone of voice, phrasing and body language during his interview with Mr. Coates, one of the people said.

Guys, I just thought of a new Law & Order spin-off...
(10-10-2024, 11:14 AM)Uncle wrote: why don't we just genetically modify other foods to taste like meat?

Because I don't want to genetically modify other foods to taste like meat, I want to genetically modify humans so that they piss, shit, and fart at the same time if they even think about meat.
2 users liked this post: benji, Uncle
I'm watching the cbs segment.

It's bullshit. 

[Image: LALazph.png]

Go fuck yourself. 

There are miniscule people who stand up for palenstians that want jews to not exist.  This framing is gross.
Because I want you all to know what these people get themselves off to:

https://archive.ph/P3fMS#selection-981.0-981.675

Quote:To summarize: Coates is an overpromoted naïf with profoundly radical priors and a proud ignorance of history — this is in fact part of his purported appeal, the supposedly untutored “freshness” with which he approaches things — a black autodidact whose ability to write passable prose got him advanced to the forefront of American racial, political, and literary discourse during the ferment of the later Obama era. After accumulating a mountain of elite hosannahs — to the point of literary deification — he ducked out of the public conversation, but has now re-emerged to use that moral capital to plead for the elimination of Israel in the wake of the October 7 massacres.
I know a good majority of you know what that's code for.
I'm not arguing the questions are unbiased or unmotivated--My point is that Coates cool-headed response specifically to loaded questioning is what makes this clip stand out.

I think if Coates dissolved into a blubbering mess and stormed off stage, that would also be a viral clip, but wouldn't be worth much value in terms of The Discourse and probably would've hurt Coates whole argument anyway.

When he sat there and got asked shit like "Do you think Israel shoudn't exist?" and replied with--paraphrased--"I think apartheid shouldn't exist", that's a good, ethical answer, and hard to argue with (or around). 

You don't even need to get into Gaza, October 7th, rant about "zionists" or slip and fall on your ass into stanning for Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran. I know you say it's a miniscule amount of people doing that, but it's pretty much the primary version of the argument I encounter anywhere--online, in the news, and even in my personal life.
Those arguments need to be met with the ridicule they deserve, and hard. 

I don't know your personal life (ill let benji fill me in) but we as people need to push back.
1 user liked this post: DavidCroquet