Kulturkampf
Like politics but somehow dumber
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex
(08-06-2023, 02:38 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: https://twitter.com/DramaAlert/status/1687963189739139072?s=20

Ally and defender of the working class  wtf?

Most people who make politics their social media persona just seem to be a bunch of dumbasses
Yeah, but it's just a few $3 bags of Doritos, just shout out a couple superchats or whatever. You want those of us on the frontlines fighting for basic human dignity to care about some snacks some landlord lost, like he's probably got insurance.
1 user liked this post: BIONIC
(08-06-2023, 08:58 PM)benji wrote:
(08-06-2023, 02:38 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: https://twitter.com/DramaAlert/status/1687963189739139072?s=20

Ally and defender of the working class  wtf?

Most people who make politics their social media persona just seem to be a bunch of dumbasses
Yeah, but it's just a few $3 bags of Doritos, just shout out a couple superchats or whatever. You want those of us on the frontlines fighting for basic human dignity to care about some snacks some landlord lost, like he's probably got insurance.

Eat the rich 60 year old guys who run a kiosk in New York
2 users liked this post: Potato, BIONIC
petty-bourgeois

[Image: F28sXisXIAAmFSi?format=png]

many such cases Trumps
Ne-Yo doubled down

Publicist wins:
[Image: rWrySuQ.png]
Rainbow shirts got exactly what they wanted: fearful capitulation.

[Image: E3vVSh5XEAAFofh.jpg]
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato
(08-07-2023, 07:07 PM)Nintex wrote:

spit on a woman's face and threaten to rape her?

try that in a small town
Yeshrug
1 user liked this post: Nintex

Ussrcry
2 users liked this post: Nintex, BIONIC

Titus How did she know about my yellowed pillow??
Shoe Heart 

They were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should
[Image: F3DlO8Xb0AE1Yxf?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: F3DlO8aaYAAiKBz?format=jpg&name=900x900]
[Image: F3DlO8ab0AAt5Qr?format=jpg&name=900x900]
1 user liked this post: Nintex

Colonialism  huh
[Image: 1fNkyPh.png]

✨Educate yourself✨
3 users liked this post: Nintex, BIONIC, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
I’m sure the banks say the same thing about the oil-rich Gulf countries But that's none of my business...
1 user liked this post: Potato
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/barbie-movie-ken-workplace-sexual-harassment_n_64d18672e4b03c1d738ffc59/amp wrote:It’s actually kind of scary, just like it’s scary that there’s been so much Ken love from audiences because he’s just so harmless and affable (also an adjective used to describe my abuser) — until he’s not.

Those most critical of “Barbie” are right-wing men who accuse the film of being too “woke,” whereas I’m arguing we’re not woke enough if we’re not cringing during Barbie’s apology to and caretaking of Ken.

“Ken’s the real villain of the film,” my husband concluded. Yes. And the feminist utopia that audiences are looking for appears at the beginning of the movie, when Barbie feels no compunction at telling Ken she’d like him to leave — and when he just does.

In the end, I’m glad that “Barbie” exists. The film has helped me both to understand and to communicate my most traumatic and confusing experience to my husband, a man who is even more of a feminist advocate than — and as rare as — Michael Cera’s Allan. I wish there were multiples of Allan, who actively helps overthrow Kendom in Barbie Land because he recognizes its toxicity. And I wish that Barbie’s apology to Ken felt as uncomfortable to them in the film, and to real-life audiences, as it did to my husband.

Here is the truth: I would not have been able to heal from my experience as quickly as I did without my husband’s solid, gentle support. When I told him about the abuse, he listened. He also urged me to get a therapist — “someone who you can tell everything to,” he said, knowing that my affection for and fear of hurting him would cause me to hold back. I felt vulnerable in a scary situation, and he never once made it about him or his ego. And he read books like “The Body Keeps the Score” to help himself (and me) understand why I was exhibiting physical symptoms of narcissistic abuse syndrome.

It’s this work, a year of listening and perspective-taking, that caused the discomfort he experienced while watching “Barbie” — and this discomfort is the transformative power capable of making the best Allans out of the worst Kens. Note to Greta Gerwig: That’s the sequel I’d most like to see.

Colette Foy (a pseudonym to protect the privacy of the author) is an educator, writer and traveler. She’s lived in the same state her whole life but frequently leaves it to adventure with her husband or visit her sister, often on a train.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, BIONIC
[Image: F3F1qYXboAEDbp6?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: F3F1qYVbYAET4W4?format=jpg&name=small]

GAMERCIDE NOW
2 users liked this post: Nintex, BIONIC

1 user liked this post: BIONIC
(08-10-2023, 04:04 AM)benji wrote: [Image: F3F1qYXboAEDbp6?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: F3F1qYVbYAET4W4?format=jpg&name=small]

GAMERCIDE NOW

More like Aspo Suzuki Smug
(08-09-2023, 03:55 PM)BIONIC wrote: I’m sure the banks say the same thing about the oil-rich Gulf countries But that's none of my business...

https://www.rawstory.com/iraq-outlaws-term-homosexuality-media-must-use-deviance-instead/

Quote:Iraq is banning the term “homosexuality,” saying media companies must instead use the term “sexual deviance,” after a document from the Arab state’s media regulator was published this week.

The restriction comes from The Iraqi Communications and Media Commission, and extends to all phone and internet companies and their mobile applications, reports Reuters.

Media organizations have been directed “not to use the term ‘homosexuality’ and to use the correct term ‘sexual deviance,’” the statement said.

In recent months, Shi’ite Muslim factions in the country have expressed their condemnation of the gay community, by burning rainbow flags in protest of Koran burnings in Sweden and Denmark.

The CMC also banned usage of the word “gender,” although the exact reason as to why remains unclear.
There is no gender. Only pain.
2 users liked this post: Nintex, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
Now that the war in Ukraine is going badly and Democrats and Repubilcans can't agree on a new target I see the MSM is building a case for another war in Iraq. Because that's the only war we actually "won".

Operation Rainbow Shield Thank you for your service!

Hesright
2 users liked this post: Uncle, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth

Hesright
2 users liked this post: Uncle, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(08-11-2023, 02:20 AM)benji wrote:

The regime murdered an elderly man with limited mobility in cold blood

Quote:We, the family of Craig Deeluew Robertson, are shocked and devastated by the senseless and tragic killing of our beloved father and brother, and we fervently mourn the loss of a good and decent man.

The Craig Robertson we knew was a kind and generous person who was always willing to assist another in need, even when advanced age, limited mobility, and other physical challenges made it more difficult and painful for him to do so.

He often used his expert woodworking skills to craft beautiful and creative items for others, including toys such as sleighs, rocking horses, and bubble gum dispensers for the children of friends and neighbors at Christmas time. He was active in his local church congregation and loved the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart.

He was a devoted dog lover all his life, and he lavished his animals with love and affection. He was a lover of history and an avid reader of every kind of book. In his younger years, he was a sportsman and hunter.

He was a firearm enthusiast, collector and gunsmith, who staunchly supported the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms for the purposes of providing food and protection for his family and home.

As a safety inspector in the steel industry, he worked diligently and conscientiously to safeguard the lives and well-being of untold thousands who would use, and benefit from, the numerous industrial and public works projects he was responsible for during the course of a decades-long career.

Craig loved this country with all his heart. He saw it as a God-inspired and God-blessed land of liberty. He was understandably frustrated and distraught by the present and on-going erosions to our constitutionally protected freedoms and the rights of free citizens wrought by what he, and many others in this nation, observed to be a corrupt and overreaching government.

As an elderly–and largely homebound–man, there was very little he could do but exercise his First Amendment right to free speech and voice his protest in what has become the public square of our age–the internet and social media. Though his statements were intemperate at times, he has never, and would never, commit any act of violence against another human being over a political or philosophical disagreement.

As our family processes the grief and pain of our loss, we would have it be known that we hold no personal animosity towards those individuals who took part in the ill-fated events of the morning of August 9, 2023, which resulted in Craig’s death.

We ask that the media and public respect our family members' privacy and give us the time and space needed to come to terms with the sad tragedy of these events.'
(08-11-2023, 02:20 AM)benji wrote:

I mean, she's got a Ukraine flag next to her name. By her logic, they fucked around and found out too.
THAT'S DIFFERENT FASCIST, you Putin apologists will stop at nothing to excuse what him and Trump are doing to us. Social Justice Warrior