Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
[Image: LMqLBlj.gif]
7 users liked this post: Svejk, chronovore, hamarr, Taco Bell Tower, Uncle, MJBarret, Nintex
[Image: FxZHG-tWAAQxSOi?format=jpg]

Capcom delivered again with Street Fighter 6.
Also the System Shock remake is apparently stellar.
3 users liked this post: hamarr, Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium
Is the final product actually good cause I played that shit during the play test and I wasn't impressed.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
I'm looking for a < 10 minute video review with a non-soy voice over I can handle that doesn't start with a monologue about fighting game culture, patreon shout outs or a history lesson for the franchise.

So far I've come up empty
  I don't
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, saltygeneraltso, D3RANG3D
(05-30-2023, 07:59 PM)Nintex wrote: I'm looking for a < 10 minute video review with a non-soy voice over I can handle that doesn't start with a monologue about fighting game culture, patreon shout outs or a history lesson for the franchise.

I don't
Hesright 
The most elusive thing in gaming.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
(05-30-2023, 08:29 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-30-2023, 07:59 PM)Nintex wrote: I'm looking for a < 10 minute video review with a non-soy voice over I can handle that doesn't start with a monologue about fighting game culture, patreon shout outs or a history lesson for the franchise.

I don't
Hesright 
The most elusive thing in gaming.

I'm hyped for SF6 and I think it'll actually be good, but fighting games will always be one of those genres that basically can't be properly reviewed by a layman. 

(05-30-2023, 07:49 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Is the final product actually good cause I played that shit during the play test and I wasn't impressed.
I'm surprised you didn't like it, I thought it was a banger during the beta. What'd you think was shitty?

Although tbh took a long ass time to get used to the new mechanics/drive gauge, once I started getting it I really enjoyed it.

Only thing I'm not super hot on was the lobby stuff, which while fun enough wasn't really for me. I guess it is cool meeting your friend somewhere to play though.
(05-31-2023, 12:49 AM)remy wrote:
(05-30-2023, 07:49 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Is the final product actually good cause I played that shit during the play test and I wasn't impressed.
I'm surprised you didn't like it, I thought it was a banger during the beta. What'd you think was shitty?

Although tbh took a long ass time to get used to the new mechanics/drive gauge, once I started getting it I really enjoyed it.

Only thing I'm not super hot on was the lobby stuff, which while fun enough wasn't really for me. I guess it is cool meeting your friend somewhere to play though.

I don't really have the patience to learn fighting games more than anything, if it's more complicated than basic punches and kicks and blasting hadoukens It's not in me to learn kinda my fault for bothering to sign up for the play test of something I most likely wasn't going to get into.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
It's kinda like me and gaming handhelds something I played the shit out of back in the day and have nostalgia for but can't get into anymore.

Don't like the art/aethetics of it either and that UI is fucking awful. Yuck

That said it's more of it doesn't appeal to me thing than anything I mean I bought SFV, DOA 6, and MK11 and didn't play those much but that was more of my PC was too flabbynsick at the time to run those(SF6 runs pretty good with my newer rig), add the dogshit that is Denuvo to the mix and it's gets even more meh and maybe If I ever decide to actually buy the thing it ain't on PC. Nope
System Shock remake performs great on Deck. All settings maxed out except shadows and I'm getting a solid 50fps which feels fantastic. Loving it so far.
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
(05-31-2023, 01:46 AM)D3RANG3D wrote:
(05-31-2023, 12:49 AM)remy wrote:

I don't really have the patience to learn fighting games more than anything, if it's more complicated than basic punches and kicks and blasting hadoukens It's not in me to learn kinda my fault for bothering to sign up for the play test of something I most likely wasn't going to get into.

It's kinda like me and gaming handhelds something I played the shit out of back in the day and have nostalgia for but can't get into anymore.

Don't like the art/aethetics of it either. Yuck

Right. If you're not into fighters or have the patience for them I can see how you would bounce off it super hard. It's still street fighter at the end of the day.
https://www.ign.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-3-remake-delta-kojima-remake

Quote:So, who is working on the remake? As it turns out, the "central role" will be taken on by Konami developers who have been "involved in the production of the past [games in the] Metal Gear series." These devs will be working with Virtuos, a studio who has also been "involved in the production of previous entries in the Metal Gear series." This confirms earlier rumors that Virtuos, which has worked on everything from Dark Souls Remastered to Uncharted 4, was involved with the remake.
Quote:"We chose Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater because it depicts the birth of BIG BOSS (Naked Snake), which is the starting point of the Metal Gear series," a Konami spokesperson said. "Another reason is that many fans have been requesting a remake of this game for a long time."

The fans also appear to be a big factor as to whether there will be future Metal Gear remakes or even brand-new games. Konami was careful not to mention new games despite us asking, but it did share that, "regarding remakes of previous games in the series other than Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, we will listen to player demand and consider accordingly."
Quote:"The Delta symbol (Δ) was chosen because its meaning fits the concept of the remake project," a Konami spokesperson said. "Delta is a character from the Greek alphabet that means 'change' or 'difference' in mathematics and variables, and also has the meaning of changing an amount without changing the structure."

Speaking of changes, Konami confirmed it isn't going to update or alter the story in the remake.

Feeling a bit more confident that this can actually be pulled off well.  I hope they played REmake4 and took notes.
I don't have high hopes for this without Kojima being involved. Konami hasn't developed anything worthwhile in a long time and this isn't as easy to pull off as remastering an SNES game or making a new Bomber Man.
(05-31-2023, 12:49 AM)remy wrote: Only thing I'm not super hot on was the lobby stuff, which while fun enough wasn't really for me. I guess it is cool meeting your friend somewhere to play though.

I'm glad to see that you don't need to go into the lobby and can get into online fights through the menus.  
Rejoice
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, remy

This looks fantastic  
Whoo
Yeah, Nightdive has killed it in the last few years with their modern ports of classic games, not surprised the remake is so solid.  It even has a demo, in true system shock fashion (I recall playing the system shock 2 demo many times before finally getting around to playing the full game).
2 users liked this post: Borealis, Taco Bell Tower
Anyone here getting Diablo IV? I'm too busy this weekend to bother with the early access but I'll be playing the shit out of it next week and into the foreseeable future.
(06-01-2023, 01:29 AM)railGUN wrote: Anyone here getting Diablo IV? I'm too busy this weekend to bother with the early access but I'll be playing the shit out of it next week and into the foreseeable future.

Will be doing so. Stupidly played too much of both betas, so hope I'm not too burnt out playing through the starting Act again.
(05-31-2023, 06:20 PM)Nintex wrote: I don't have high hopes for this without Kojima being involved. Konami hasn't developed anything worthwhile in a long time and this isn't as easy to pull off as remastering an SNES game or making a new Bomber Man.
They've confirmed that they're reusing the voice tracks from the original with the dialogue untouched. No re-recording. Here's further hoping they'll aim more towards a 1:1 remake of Subsistence basically.
(06-01-2023, 01:29 AM)railGUN wrote: Anyone here getting Diablo IV? I'm too busy this weekend to bother with the early access but I'll be playing the shit out of it next week and into the foreseeable future.

Hell yes. Gimme da loot. All weekend and into infinity... at least until a proper Monster Hunter comes out.

Sounds like Arkane is already dead Feels bad, man
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, MJBarret, Taco Bell Tower

Going to give it a try and am also eager to see how it runs with DLSS 3 enabled- when I tried that with Midnight Suns on a machine with a 4050, it ran insanely well.  My current machine has a 4070 so hoping for some crazy good framerates.
(06-01-2023, 01:42 PM)Nintex wrote:

Sounds like Arkane is already dead Feels bad, man

This is a dark day for vidya
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, MJBarret, Taco Bell Tower

Yep, already installed.  Between Zelda nuts n' bolts, and Skeleton-Click 4, I'm going to be pretty lacking in sleep this month.
That femme Druid tho...

Aloy
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(05-30-2023, 07:37 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: [Image: LMqLBlj.gif]

Still play the hellah out of this.
4 users liked this post: chronovore, Nintex, D3RANG3D, MJBarret
railGUN dateline='[url=tel:1685582976' wrote: 1685582976[/url]']
Anyone here getting Diablo IV? I'm too busy this weekend to bother with the early access but I'll be playing the shit out of it next week and into the foreseeable future.

I’m planning to pick it up on payday most likely.  I’m a little concerned about the season pass setup, so I might look into that more first.
Taco Bell Tower dateline='[url=tel:1685643110' wrote: 1685643110[/url]']
D3RANG3D dateline='[url=tel:1685475429' wrote: 1685475429[/url]']
[Image: LMqLBlj.gif]

Still play the hellah out of this.

When I first moved to Japan in 1993, there was a standing coin op at the supermarket near my first English teaching job. Unlike every ¥100 video game, this was only ¥50. I loved the combat, flicking back-and-forth between enemies in front and behind me. 

Always gleefully destroyed the “intermission” gnomes who steal stuff during the rest scenes. FUCK those guys.
7 users liked this post: Nintex, hamarr, Svejk, Polident, MJBarret, D3RANG3D, bork
I quite like old school dungeon crawlers, so am kinda tempted by the Etrian Odyssey release... I think I plyed and enjoyed a demo of one once, probably on 3DS.

I assume these are fairly iterative, and if I only plan on buying one Etrian Odyssey 3 is the best choice, or is this one of those series which have weird up and down moments?
2 users liked this post: Uncle, Nintex