What Are You Playing?
Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony Doom mod.

I am at the minefield and it's kinda of annoying to watch the ground for mines and getting shot at.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Svejk, hamarr, Nintex
I played some Rise of the Tomb Raider yesterday.

It runs really well on the Series X.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, hamarr, D3RANG3D
I ended up playing through Warhammer Chaosbane and all of the dlc. It's pretty good but needs some sort of end game.  It's also a bit short. 

I picked up Diablo IV yesterday, as well and played it all evening. They did a good job of mixing the feel of Diablo II and some of the more modern elements of Diablo III. I'm playing a sorcerer. My only gripe so far is I'm not caring too much about seeing about other players out and about when I am killing stuff. I'm not sure if there is tagging like in MMOs to worry about. Thankfully those encounters have mostly been around world events. 

I'm also playing more Zelda TOTK. I got to the Fire Temple a few days ago but was too tired to complete it.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Nintex
(06-09-2023, 02:19 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony Doom mod.

I am at the minefield and it's kinda of annoying to watch the ground for mines and getting shot at.

Played through it some years back. Fun mod. Think I know the section you mentioned? Or I’m confusing it with the tank section.

Doom mod scene is nuts. People have hyped up this newer ARG-ish one his house or something like that.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D
I just came back to this mod after a few months, I think it's after you escape from that super soldier lab iirc.
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Finally had time to sit down and play some more Tears of the Kingdom. 
Fixed some calibration issues too, it looks perfect now, I can finally see all the patterns in the UI and textures Delicious

The Gorons on
Spoiler:  (click to show)
crack
is one hell of a storyline for a Nintendo game.  lol

Quote:I'm also playing more Zelda TOTK. I got to the Fire Temple a few days ago but was too tired to complete it.
Yeah, this game is quite demanding to play mentally, you can't really play it with your brain turned off. You have to figure out your path, tackle engineering challenges and keep a close eye on the environment at all times.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, hamarr
I’ve been playing lots more Diablo IV. Blizzard seems to know how to put crack in their code for some games.  The Diablo games seem to scratch  a similar itch that some MMOs do for me in a way other Diablo clones don’t.

I’m not sure if this is the best idea, but I am thinking of skipping side quests for now and just focusing on the main story quests.  That is opposite of how I usually play stuff like this but I am already level 30 and still haven’t finished Act I.
Messing around with trains in Tears of the Kingdom. I only wish I had some kind of 'break' ability that doesn't involve me chasing after trains that accidentally start rolling down the tracks.  lol
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr
TOKT - Everything feels tedious.  There's fun to have, but the fun is in chores mostly.  At least Shenmue was up front about it; Queue Working Man.

Wanted: Dead - I give up. I can't get past the first fucking ninja on the first level.  WTF.  The gameplay is fun as shit, but these severe difficulty spikes and questionable checkpoints are sapping the fun from it, which is a real shame.  

Dragon's Dogma - Best game ever.
Finished the Water temple in TOTK.  Actually felt a bit more like a classic Zelda.. Just a bit, but still better than BOTW.  May just b-line the story and whatnot. About to go out of town for a week, so I may have some more time to put into it.  

Downloaded the demo for FFXVI, but only loaded it up and watched the intro.  It was 4am, so needless to say, I didn't have time to try it.  At this point, the next time I would get a chance to play it, the game will be released.  At this point I want to check out reviews, whenever that embargo lifts, and go from there.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, hamarr, Nintex
(06-12-2023, 06:31 PM)Svejk wrote: Finished the Water temple in TOTK.  Actually felt a bit more like a classic Zelda.. Just a bit, but still better than BOTW.  May just b-line the story and whatnot. About to go out of town for a week, so I may have some more time to put into it.  

Downloaded the demo for FFXVI, but only loaded it up and watched the intro.  It was 4am, so needless to say, I didn't have time to try it.  At this point, the next time I would get a chance to play it, the game will be released.  At this point I want to check out reviews, whenever that embargo lifts, and go from there.

Have you done any of the other temples yet?  I think I enjoyed the Water Temple a lot more than the Wind Temple, but the lead up to the Wind Temple was a lot more epic. The Water Temple did feel more like classic Zelda to me, as well. I just wish it was longer. 

I still need to fire up TOTK to play through the Fire Temple. 

I'm playing through more Diablo IV. This game is like crack so far. I am missing more of the changes in location in 2 and 3. It feels kind of anti-climactic to finish an act not have those big moments separating each act like in the previous games. I'm just starting Act III now, but I'm hoping there will be a bigger shift going to the next act.   

The game is still crack, though.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore
I feel like encouraging players to do the Wind Temple first sets everyone up for disappointment when the approaches to subsequent temples aren’t even close to as impressive as that.

The Fire Temple is next (again, assuming you follow the implied route), and if you haven’t done that introduction to the Depths quest, it’s just a slog through the dark with no idea what’s happening.

I’ve generally loved the game, though. All that’s left for me story-wise is the endgame but I’m going to explore and get some better kit before I attempt that.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, Nintex
I must have missed something in the lead up to the wind temple. What was so impressive?
(06-12-2023, 11:56 PM)hamarr wrote:
(06-12-2023, 06:31 PM)Svejk wrote: Finished the Water temple in TOTK.  Actually felt a bit more like a classic Zelda.. Just a bit, but still better than BOTW.  May just b-line the story and whatnot. About to go out of town for a week, so I may have some more time to put into it.  

Have you done any of the other temples yet?  I think I enjoyed the Water Temple a lot more than the Wind Temple, but the lead up to the Wind Temple was a lot more epic. The Water Temple did feel more like classic Zelda to me, as well. I just wish it was longer. 

I haven't.  Only did the water one. It just happened to be the closest one when I decided to quit wasting time doing other shit and just do main stuff.  Probably do the wind one next and continuing going around the map counterclockwise.

So many other choice games coming around the corner, this may get shelved until the switch 2 comes and will hopefully play TOTK at 60fps.  
Goldberg
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, hamarr
(06-15-2023, 12:29 PM)Svejk wrote:
(06-12-2023, 11:56 PM)hamarr wrote:

I haven't.  Only did the water one. It just happened to be the closest one when I decided to quit wasting time doing other shit and just do main stuff.  Probably do the wind one next and continuing going around the map counterclockwise.

So many other choice games coming around the corner, this may get shelved until the switch 2 comes and will hopefully play TOTK at 60fps.  
Goldberg

Yeah. I'm expecting to still be busy with TOTK and Diablo 4 when Starfield comes out.  I'm not sure if I have time to pick up anything else.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Svejk
For as many hours I put into TOTK, it barely feels like I started. I’m gonna commit to doing a main quest because I keep going off and getting lost exploring for some time. Barely touched the depths yet and it seems huge.

My big experience down there was finding a fucking tank and blasting though enemies. That reign ended when encountering a giant frog and getting one shotted. Can’t imagine how late game I need to be to take that thing on.
5 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, chronovore, Svejk, Nintex
I was hoping to get far enough to fight a gleeok, but that's not happening anytime soon.
Let me start by saying I’m a dumbass. But after weeks of playing Zelda, I only now noticed the light roots in the depths collect to shrines on the surface. If you find one, technically you find both…  

Existential
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, chronovore
Diablo IV went from must play to not bothering to log in pretty quick. Never had that happen with a Diablo game before. I'm hoping they will address endgame and loot more in season 2. Loot feels almost as bad as Diablo III before they removed the RMAH.
(09-02-2023, 02:09 AM)hamarr wrote: Diablo IV went from must play to not bothering to log in pretty quick. Never had that happen with a Diablo game before. I'm hoping they will address endgame and loot more in season 2. Loot feels almost as bad as Diablo III before they removed the RMAH.

I got to about Act III and lost all motivation to keep going. Maybe because the trap rogue is boring or straightforward, but its boring.

Spent my entire day off playing Starfield. Tons of fun. Fast travelling is well done. I understand people wanting to fly in real time to planets and shit, but it'd be boring as shit and probably something you'd do maybe once if at all so having a quick cutscene for launching, landing, and long distance traveling is a-ok with me.

The hand scanner is the absolute most important thing you carry. I scan everything. And it's useful for quick travel. Just point to location and fast travel from scanning interface.

Planets that seem barren still have cool things to explore and find when just walking around. A place with only one POI suddenly has three or four so that's always a nice surprise. 

I pumped all my points into social so far. It's the closest to illusion mage afaik. Hoping to get the "get people to fight for me" skill soon and play around with that.
I've been playing Tears of the Kingdom since launch and still have no desire to finish it. Not because it's bad, but I just know that once I finish it I won't go back to it (I rarely replay games) and I really want to see everything this game has to offer. 

It's such a wonderful game. 

The quests are fun and the sense of exploration and feeling that something cool is just around the corner never stops.

Pikmin 4 is calling me, but I haven't touched it yet.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, chronovore, Polident, Nintex
Just finished Persona 5 Royal. One of my favorite games of all time, and one of the best final villains I've ever seen. Now, i'm almost finished with P5 Strikers, which has been a ton of fun, and a great canon addition. At the end of P5R, all I wanted was more time with the gang. Now, at the end of Strikers, I feel like I'm ready to end their tale and move on. I think more long RPG's should have something like this, a canon spinoff that's basically like an "encore". 

Can't fucking wait for Persona 3 Reload. Never played it before, going in blind. And goddamn I can't wait for more info on Persona 6.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MJBarret, Polident, Nintex
It’s cool. Persona 3 and Persona 4 continue into rhythm games, fighting games, dungeon crawlers.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Megamandrn001
I'm 50 hours into BG3. It exceeds all expectations.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Megamandrn001
Started a new gorilla arm body based character and got to Phantom Liberty on a new save. While I'd like to just run through the PL story, the internet says the expac has repercussions with the ending so ibguess I have to split time with the base game missions too so mainlining it is out of the question.
wtf?
A guy comes to share nice Hindi ass content and all you guys do is complain. wag
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Polident, Potato
Finished Separate Ways. Great 10/10 DLC.

The third person Resident Evil formula is just so perfect Lawd
Finished starfield this week. Absolutely fantastic. I didn't watch any teasers or trailers at all so the main quest really surprised me.

Only Bethesda game I've finished on the first try. Usually takes me multiple starts and different characters to get past the big hump of doing the main quest.

Edit- I don't do NG+, so I instantly started a new character with much better knowledge of how I want things. Games super fun.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
Played 2 games this weekend.

Need for Speed: Unbound
After the news that the NFS team has been put on Battlefield I decided to revisit this, never got very far because I had so many other games to play.
Still one of the most underrated next-gen games in my book. If you can look past the zoomer music and presentation there's a real solid Critierion racer underneath that scratches that Most Wanted/NFSU itch. I simply love driving the Eclipse and Skyline through the city with some neon lights bolted on and a sick bodykit.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
I've been sort of mulling what to play next after Separate Ways (continue Elden Ring, TOTK, Starfield or restart Cyberpunk with the 2.0 patch and DLC) and I've decided to play TOTK first for now. And what a good choice it is. Such an amazing game that never stops being inventive. Also the number of elaborate hand crafted quests that bring you all over the map is kind of crazy and I keep finding new ones.