XBOX SHOWCASE | X Gonna Give it To Ya
BIGGEST YEAR OF XBOX

This is the big one folks.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Kadayi
jesus fucking christ, this is cringe af
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
Get a feeling that the long lead time on vidya is going to bite them, if the current trends of people being over marvel/disney/woke media anymore continues
like theres nothing wrong with a female lead, but the well has been kinda poisoned by all of the complete dog shit disney and netflix have put out over the last few years, and you just kinda assume that shit sux.
I hear Starfield will be 16 times more empty than their last game.
fuck you todd, im totally in on starfield Stahp
phobic criminal Katsura Hashino Bowdowndown2 Bowdowndown2 Bowdowndown2
tbf that was way better than the other recent garbage, at least most of it is on gamepass
Xbox Series S | 1TB

$349
Did they make No Man's Sky... Fucking hell...
The character writing is godawful.

Knowing Bethesda they won't even let me do a genocide run. These 1000 planets are better off without these worthless fuckers.
Starfield looked great but almost everything else from Xbox Studios was mid.

I can't even tell what kind of game South of Midnight is. Clockwork looked rough and it seems like those Fable reboot rumors were true.
Avowed also looked much different from the original announcement and they picked the most boring part of Hellblade 2 to showcase.

$349 for Series S is a joke.
Nintendo stays winning.

I guess we can forget about Switch 2 until at least 2024 then.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex
Pretty interested in the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion plus base game reworks.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, Nintex, who is ted danson?

Dead
Not really a surprise, PS5 wouldnt run it at 60fps either. Its Bethesda

With the PS5 Pro waiting in the wings Xbox has officially thrown in the towel on the hardware side

Quote:Nintendo stays winning.

I guess we can forget about Switch 2 until at least 2024 then.
Wouldn't surprise me if PS5 Pro ships earlier than Switch 2  lol
I'm still laughing at the Bethesda guy talking about their amazing environmental storytelling.

I think about it. It's literally a skeleton on a bed with some empty pill bottles lying around. Amazing! How deep!

Games ARE art.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MMaRsu, Potato, Nintex
I think I am starting to get excited about Starfield. I'd be fine if it is just Fallout in space with some NMS style planet exploration.  I'm expecting it's going to be like 500GB if they get anywhere close to what they are claiming is in the game. 

Clockwork Revolution and Avowed also looked interesting. 

Some of the other trailers were cringe. I hope that character in Fable isn't a set character. The character in that Star Wars game also looked pretty bad, personality wise, but I will probably check it out, anyway. 

I've been wanting to get back to Cyberpunk. I put it down shortly after launch due to some of the bugs and getting a little bored of the story. I'm excited to see what they do with the changes to the base game as well as the dlc.
I’ll give Starfield a try for sure and hoping it is a experience sticking to the crafted missions. The No Man’s Sky generated planets and resources, or Mass Effect 1 type side quests on largely empty planets, reads as content for content sake. They were already doing that in Fallout 4. I like how you can scan planets before wasting time.

Haven’t read too deep into their plans. The end of the video shows powers of some sort? And no sentient aliens shown? Is that the twist of sorts. Midway though it shifts from their “nasa punk” to Star Trek/Mass Effect.
I believe that there are hidden artifacts that give you such powers but yes it mostly looks like Mass Effect although much grander in scale and with building/crafting elements. It does look like missions are pretty much limited to raiding bandit camps in space though. All the gameplay they showed outside of building and crafting was basically shooting. 

The biggest question for me is if the game is interesting enough to be such a time sink. 'Just go out and explore' is fun in theory but without some sort of hook or objective it gets boring quickly. Especially if your only option is to shoot things.
It’s difficult to strike a balance when you’re dealing with planets, much less solar systems and galaxies. Think Outer Wilds was near perfect in terms of exploration scale and meaning for multi planet game. But it’s very stylized and can’t work for what Starfield and games like it are doing.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr

Microsoft is just developing at a snails pace mostly because of their own doing.

Shit like this makes me think it'll be more Animal Crossing than Mass Effect Thinking
(06-13-2023, 07:37 PM)Nintex wrote: I believe that there are hidden artifacts that give you such powers but yes it mostly looks like Mass Effect although much grander in scale and with building/crafting elements. It does look like missions are pretty much limited to raiding bandit camps in space though. All the gameplay they showed outside of building and crafting was basically shooting. 

The biggest question for me is if the game is interesting enough to be such a time sink. 'Just go out and explore' is fun in theory but without some sort of hook or objective it gets boring quickly. Especially if your only option is to shoot things.

I think I am okay if exploring planets is closer to Mass Effect. The combat encounters would maybe get old, but I don't think I want to invest the time to explore fully if it is like No Man's Sky or something.  With building and everything else, it might already feel like there is way too much to do. 

This is maybe a hot take, but I'm not really a fan of building stuff in games. Maybe if they have pre-designed room types you can slap together or something.  I wasn't really a fan of trying to assemble the walls and everything in Fallout 4. I did enough to complete the quests but never got around to making fancy homes like my friends were doing.   I did kind of like Star Wars Galaxies having a pre-fab home you drop on a building location where I just had to decorate it. I wasted a lot of hours flying around the galaxy trying to find a vendor with a decent couch.

18 months for some gameplay? what the fuck  lol
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr
Took a weeks vacation time off the week of september 5, cant wait.
(06-14-2023, 04:50 PM)Nintex wrote:

18 months for some gameplay? what the fuck  lol

We're really going to get 4+ years into this generation before anything even approaching a basic launch lineup is out on either "next gen" console...
Derp
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, MMaRsu

Good enough for GamePass?  Mike
They just accidentally showed the 360 build Trumps

For real, forza 7 on one x looks shit loads better Titus
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, hamarr, Nintex, MMaRsu