Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread
This post has been hidden by the user, quote or reply to view.
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
It only needs to be Space Marine 1 with nicer graphics and it's going to be great.
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
Concord is being taken offline on 6 september, full refunds being issued

LOL

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/03/an-important-update-on-concord/
3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Potato, who is ted danson?
HAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

8 years of work well spent.
2 users liked this post: Potato, who is ted danson?
I just remembered it's part of that Love, Death and Robots animated gaming shorts thing on Amazon.

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAH.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
lol lol lol lol

Shreier is just about to publish his Blizzard book

This is right on time to be his next book
Space Marine 2 is getting good scores.

We did it chuds OH!
3 users liked this post: MMaRsu, D3RANG3D, MJBarret
Damn, Astro Bot game of the year.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
Playing through Black Myth, and I can’t let this go… This game has invisible walls everywhere. The levels are beautiful, but they are so poorly designed in terms of where to go, hiding walls, and visual cues so when I want to choose a travel point, I’ll instantly remember the place looking at the thumbnail. Boss fights are fun, but whoever is in-charge is copying other properties, but doesn’t understand both aesthetics, and creative level progression.
(09-05-2024, 05:36 PM)DocWager wrote: Playing through Black Myth, and I can’t let this go… This game has invisible walls everywhere. The levels are beautiful, but they are so poorly designed in terms of where to go, hiding walls, and visual cues so when I want to choose a travel point, I’ll instantly remember the place looking at the thumbnail. Boss fights are fun, but whoever is in-charge is copying other properties, but doesn’t understand both aesthetics, and creative level progression.

Soooo, it's a product made by mainland Chinese then?
1 user liked this post: chronovore
(09-05-2024, 08:40 PM)Potato wrote:
(09-05-2024, 05:36 PM)DocWager wrote: Playing through Black Myth, and I can’t let this go… This game has invisible walls everywhere. The levels are beautiful, but they are so poorly designed in terms of where to go, hiding walls, and visual cues so when I want to choose a travel point, I’ll instantly remember the place looking at the thumbnail. Boss fights are fun, but whoever is in-charge is copying other properties, but doesn’t understand both aesthetics, and creative level progression.

Soooo, it's a product made by mainland Chinese then?

Plays like slave labor was dying from heat exhaustion while coding.

They should’ve got somebody better holding the whip.
1 user liked this post: Potato
(09-03-2024, 06:35 AM)Potato wrote: It only needs to be Space Marine 1 with nicer graphics and it's going to be great.
Yeah, I played Space Marine 1 for the first time a couple of months ago and I was surprised at how fresh it felt. Straightforward, and with well-paced levels and satisfying combat mechanics. SM2 has to be good if it builds even a little on its predecessor. Sad that there's no Mark Strong doing VA this time, though.
I'm seriously considering digging the PS3 out to play through again
(09-02-2024, 12:24 PM)HardcoreRetro wrote: If any game dev is reading this site. Make a game with the same energy as this short from my youtube homepage.

Hoping Space Marine 2 delivers.

Holy crap, I didn't even know Freddie Mercury was into MMA.
1 user liked this post: HardcoreRetro
[Image: GWv1JZ2W4AAtFiz?format=jpg&name=large]
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
2 users liked this post: benji, D3RANG3D
Played like 1/3 of the way through Astro Bot. It's basically Sony's version of Super Mario Galaxy. I personally think the 94/100 it has on metacritic is too high, but that might just be because the Super Mario Galaxy course design isn't as much my thing as the open level design in Mario 64/Sunshine and Odyssey.

Movement isn't as free-form as the movement you'd get in the collectathon Mario games. Which is my favourite part of those games.

If you're really into the Galaxy/3D World kinda level design I could easily see this being your game of the year.

I'd give it a solid 8 with what I played so far. Depending on how the latter worlds ramp up it'll probably end up higher.

(I feel like the high scores also have to do with how shit this year has been so far. Someone needs to make a stink about all the astrobots being white. Game is not diverse enough. 6/10)
2 users liked this post: Nintex, Potato
(09-06-2024, 02:01 PM)MMaRsu wrote:

Fucking retards man. Just as bad as the other retards.
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
(09-06-2024, 09:08 PM)Potato wrote:
(09-06-2024, 02:01 PM)MMaRsu wrote:

Fucking retards man. Just as bad as the other retards.

[Image: GWx-Kjas-X0-AAt5-D4.jpg]
1 user liked this post: Potato
Still on with monkey game (unfortunately I am an adult who can no longer finish games the week they come out). It is really, really good.  The little anime scenes between chapters absolutely rule and I'm surprised I haven't seen much more about them.

Game doesn't make a lick of sense and i'm kinda starting to appreciate that. Just had a big thing where some buddha fella turned into another buddha fella and when i beat him he revealed he was the first buddha fella all along but now he's not my enemy anymore.
2 users liked this post: Potato, MMaRsu
Im still deep in SMT Vengeance, game is long (but great)
Dividing my time between Dragon Quest XIS and the First Descendant until Warhammer 40k: Space Marine II drops. That wasn't on my radar at all, until this

Also thinking about returning back to Elden Ring, never finished it because I moved on to other games.

Plus there is the Castlevania Dominus Collection which includes an entirely 'new' Castlevania game
Astro Bot is the shit. With the way the nostalgia bait is used in this game, they really should relaunch the majority of these games. You can do two a year. One cutesy game like Ape Escape, and the other more challenging, like Jak could be turned into a Zelda clone. Then rotate them in, and out. Spyro is the platformer, and Sly could be a more challenging heist game for its 5th iteration. So on, and so forth. Gives more time for development, and you don’t overexpose them. In between you could do simple 2D, and top down versions of these games for a bite sized take of these franchises for more than half the price.
[Image: LOU2Nm.gif]

Look we all love Astro Bot but that is not just not viable anymore in the current market environment. I wish that were true but the lesson here is that you have to consolidate resources and put that effort towards your core GAAS franchises as well complementary licensed IPs from Disney and Marvel that really drive growth, creativity and demand for your platform in a more cohesive strategic multi-platform strategy. That way you're not just serving you know, the hardcore fans but everyone can play and that is really important to keep this momentum going and sustain a healthy business. What we should do as an industry and as fans is to applaud the brave decision Sony made to shut down the studio.
(6 hours ago)Nintex wrote: [Image: LOU2Nm.gif]

Look we all love Astro Bot but that is not just not viable anymore in the current market environment. I wish that were true but the lesson here is that you have to consolidate resources and put that effort towards your core GAAS franchises as well complementary licensed IPs from Disney and Marvel that really drive growth, creativity and demand for your platform in a more cohesive strategic multi-platform strategy. That way you're not just serving you know, the hardcore fans but everyone can play and that is really important to keep this momentum going and sustain a healthy business. What we should do as an industry and as fans is to applaud the brave decision Sony made to shut down the studio.

“Team Asobi… Stop what you are doing, put big tits in It-Z. We need to re-release Concord by Christmas.”
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Nintex