Community Constructive Feedback: Viewable Only By Select Important Members
Get, suggest and discuss feature updates and other forum issues
(05-11-2024, 03:34 PM)killamajig wrote: Russian bots getting spicy in here again. The U.S. recently approved more military aid to Ukraine. The FSB must be trying to take down The Bore as retaliation.

Thebire members reporting for defence duties, sir! 

[Image: 3cItLTj.png]
1 user liked this post: killamajig
(05-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know why they always make topics in russian, I mean I guess it's polite and conciliatory for the rest of us, they're only targeting people who speak their native tongue?

is this why russian spammers and scammers are less effective at their jobs, they don't have a culture of learning english like india does?

do they really think there's such a big russian population globally that it's worthwhile to be so exclusive about their scamming?

Я, в отличие от других, приветствую наших российских повелителей.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato
(05-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know why they always make topics in russian, I mean I guess it's polite and conciliatory for the rest of us, they're only targeting people who speak their native tongue?

is this why russian spammers and scammers are less effective at their jobs, they don't have a culture of learning english like india does?

do they really think there's such a big russian population globally that it's worthwhile to be so exclusive about their scamming?

I think it's more about fooling search engines by creating backlinks to their scam sites. 
Putin 

I guess they just have bots scan the internet for sites that use MyBB.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
(05-11-2024, 03:34 PM)killamajig wrote: Russian bots getting spicy in here again. The U.S. recently approved more military aid to Ukraine. The FSB must be trying to take down The Bore as retaliation.
(05-11-2024, 11:01 PM)Nintex wrote:

I think it's more about fooling search engines by creating backlinks to their scam sites. 
Putin 

I guess they just have bots scan the internet for sites that use MyBB.

there's like 3 websites on the whole internet that use this shit
wtf vlad  lol
Has to be a legit account, can't wait for this guys intellectual posts:
[Image: 0tsSGrK.png]
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, chronovore
Add this to the rotation

[Image: Jrwm3pe.png]
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
Somebody from the Czech Republic broke the forum for 21 minutes the other day, I had no clue but there was a thing on the hosting panel. Doing what I have no clue but at least the top level info looks like some transcendental search request, that was repeated a few times due to failure until the processes limit was hit and everyone was served a 503 error for a bit. We average like 5-6 processes a day for every day over the last year, which I assume are all the forum, but this is a spike of like 1200 in five minutes then stopped but it took a bit for them to clear out. lol 

I had intended to do this before but never did and since I was in there I decided I might as well. We now have an official reCAPTCHA instead of the weakass default. I don't think we should hit the free limit (10,000 monthly authentications) even due to the bots but we'll see. Let me know if it's interfering with you for some reason. Unless you're a bot or Nintex.
1 user liked this post: Uncle
Since Twitter seemingly has no interest in fixing it I looked at the whole having to change x.com to twitter.com and it's a common problem across other things like Reddit, WordPress and Discord and their embeds too.

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out regular expressions but I think that's the way I could strip x.com urls of the stuff after the x.com and attach it to a twitter.com url before running through the embed script. Essentially what I need to do is take (using a tweet I posted in Other Forums thread) this:
https://x.com/saoirsedream/status/1808992716925383133

and somehow grab the "saoirsedream/status/1808992716925383133" stuff which the forum will do if I understand regular expressions correctly because it currently just grabs the entire url between the bbcode tags but other users on mybb forums have done similar things like automatically adding partner codes or whatever to Amazon links. The current regular expression is "(*.?)" which is apparently anything and how like bold tags work just passing through whatever was between them but the tweet code only does anything with a proper url.

Then I can just change the embed code to "https://twitter.com/$1" ($1 is the automatic variable the forum creates from the regular expression) and it will work. If I can figure this out then even if you inserted the link as https://twitter.com/saoirsedream/status/1808992716925383133 it would still work, since it'd just strip and then readd the same thing, so none of the old embeds would break.

If you understand anything I'm saying here there's a like in it for you if you can show me how not to be an idiot. Trying to do a simple search just led me to some rabbit hole of dudes trying to regex any possible URL anyone could ever post or whatever the hell this is and I just want to swap the domain names between two (2) possibilities!

The other method I thought of just having a script replace x.com with twitter.com on the forum seems like it'd be way more complicated and if Elon ever personally fixes this it would break everything again.
1 user liked this post: Uncle
you would have to be careful with that like if someone posts a link to nintex.com and it became nintetwitter.com

(twitter themselves did that shit a few months back)
Just ask ChatGPT Trumps
[Image: q1ObZmZ.png]

Do we get a laughing Kamala or do we wait to see if she even becomes president.  Trumps
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
Nope

Spoiler:  (click to show)
I'll allow it if the tag is "cackles"

Yup, that's Hitler
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
(07-24-2024, 04:17 AM)D3RANG3D wrote: Nope

Spoiler:  (click to show)
I'll allow it if the tag is "cackles"

Yup, that's Hitler

Money
1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D