Community Constructive Feedback: Viewable Only By Select Important Members
Get, suggest and discuss feature updates and other forum issues
(05-11-2024, 03:34 PM)killamajig wrote: Russian bots getting spicy in here again. The U.S. recently approved more military aid to Ukraine. The FSB must be trying to take down The Bore as retaliation.

Thebire members reporting for defence duties, sir! 

[Image: 3cItLTj.png]
1 user liked this post: killamajig
(05-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know why they always make topics in russian, I mean I guess it's polite and conciliatory for the rest of us, they're only targeting people who speak their native tongue?

is this why russian spammers and scammers are less effective at their jobs, they don't have a culture of learning english like india does?

do they really think there's such a big russian population globally that it's worthwhile to be so exclusive about their scamming?

Я, в отличие от других, приветствую наших российских повелителей.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato
(05-09-2024, 04:52 PM)Uncle wrote: I don't know why they always make topics in russian, I mean I guess it's polite and conciliatory for the rest of us, they're only targeting people who speak their native tongue?

is this why russian spammers and scammers are less effective at their jobs, they don't have a culture of learning english like india does?

do they really think there's such a big russian population globally that it's worthwhile to be so exclusive about their scamming?

I think it's more about fooling search engines by creating backlinks to their scam sites. 
Putin 

I guess they just have bots scan the internet for sites that use MyBB.
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
(05-11-2024, 03:34 PM)killamajig wrote: Russian bots getting spicy in here again. The U.S. recently approved more military aid to Ukraine. The FSB must be trying to take down The Bore as retaliation.
(05-11-2024, 11:01 PM)Nintex wrote:

I think it's more about fooling search engines by creating backlinks to their scam sites. 
Putin 

I guess they just have bots scan the internet for sites that use MyBB.

there's like 3 websites on the whole internet that use this shit
wtf vlad  lol
Has to be a legit account, can't wait for this guys intellectual posts:
[Image: 0tsSGrK.png]
1 user liked this post: chronovore
Add this to the rotation

[Image: Jrwm3pe.png]
Somebody from the Czech Republic broke the forum for 21 minutes the other day, I had no clue but there was a thing on the hosting panel. Doing what I have no clue but at least the top level info looks like some transcendental search request, that was repeated a few times due to failure until the processes limit was hit and everyone was served a 503 error for a bit. We average like 5-6 processes a day for every day over the last year, which I assume are all the forum, but this is a spike of like 1200 in five minutes then stopped but it took a bit for them to clear out. lol 

I had intended to do this before but never did and since I was in there I decided I might as well. We now have an official reCAPTCHA instead of the weakass default. I don't think we should hit the free limit (10,000 monthly authentications) even due to the bots but we'll see. Let me know if it's interfering with you for some reason. Unless you're a bot or Nintex.
1 user liked this post: Uncle