Community Constructive Feedback: Viewable Only By Select Important Members
Get, suggest and discuss feature updates and other forum issues
benji letting you know your days are numbered
1 user liked this post: BIONIC
The link font color in the "header" > "panel" > "upper" are black, on a near black background.

Same with the font color on the "New Reply" button (black on black).
(05-30-2023, 02:53 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: mmmm

60 PPP

New Superior Class.
I've been wondering if that should be the default, but I don't know if 30 is better for mobile and stuff. Anyway, I gave you some more options.

(05-31-2023, 03:44 PM)Switters wrote: why don't I get notified when I get likes?
I could turn this on but it was pretty annoying when Lore had it on GAF. Instead of alerting instantly it should instead give you a daily Like report for you to review each day.

(06-01-2023, 12:34 AM)BIONIC wrote: Why is there something that says: “Warning Level: 0%” under my tag? Thinking Subscribe to Info Wars!
Pretty sure only the jannies are supposed to see that. The way the warning system works is that you can have each warning be worth some points and then the jannies can see how much each user has been warned before. I've been changing the stuff over there trying to track down some errors I thought were caused by my deleting stuff. You can just ignore those changes for a while. Though I feel like I should warn you for mentioning this in public rather than using a process I can ignore.

Along those lines I have plugins to add a ban list and public ban reasons but I haven't bothered with those yet because I assume that will not be a priority.
2 users liked this post: MJBarret, BIONIC
There are gonna be bans on newbire?  Anhuld
(06-01-2023, 01:57 AM)Lonewulfeus wrote: There are gonna be bans on newbire?  Anhuld
                   Modwhining, inflammatory commentary, downplaying concerns, crossforum drama, account in junior status?
is this?
4 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Eric Cartman, Lonewulfeus, BIONIC
The color scheme and/or borders need work. It’s affecting readability. Feels too blended in. Compare these two:

[Image: img_4925w8i65.jpeg]

[Image: img_4924r5dnu.jpeg]
3 users liked this post: Borealis, D3RANG3D, BIONIC
Yeah, I need to figure that out, it doesn't do alternating colors by default but I assume it can't be too hard to implement. I can change the background of the part where it says "Quote" or "somebody wrote" but I'm not sure if that's better or not.
1 user liked this post: CHOW CHOW
How come there’s no place to put my preferred pronouns? Teehee
2 users liked this post: CHOW CHOW, D3RANG3D
I think you can get alternating backgrounds in quotes using nth-child.

Try something like this:

blockquote:nth-child(even) {
background: red;
}

blockquote:nth-child(odd) {
    background: pink;
}

I used to do so much CSS but it's crazy how much you forget when you don't do it for a couple years.
2 users liked this post: CHOW CHOW, remy
As far as posts go, this is the old color: 

.post.classic {
    background: #e8e9ef;
}

for quotes, maybe a margin at the bottom so they look less cramped?

blockquote {
    background: #e7eafc;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    margin: 0px 0px 15px 0px;
    padding: 10px;
}
1 user liked this post: CHOW CHOW
(06-01-2023, 02:39 AM)Lonewulfeus wrote: How come there’s no place to put my preferred pronouns? Teehee

Should I add race and ethnicity too? I would but I better not see any joke answers, this is serious data the staff will need to rely on. ufup
I was able to get the "New Reply" text white by changing this:

a.buttonLink, he came to town, come to save the Princess Zelda,
a.button:hover,
a.button:visited,
a.button:active {
background: #D1D6DD url(../../../images/tcat.png) repeat-x;
color: #000;
display: inline-block;
padding: 4px 8px;
margin: 2px 2px 6px 2px;
border: 1px solid #D1D6DD;

font-size: 14px;
}

To this:

a.buttonLink, he came to town, come to save the Princess Zelda,
a.button:hover,
a.button:visited,
a.button:active {
background: #D1D6DD url(../../../images/tcat.png) repeat-x;
color: #fff;
display: inline-block;
padding: 4px 8px;
margin: 2px 2px 6px 2px;
border: 1px solid #D1D6DD;

font-size: 14px;
}

I dunno if it will break anything elsewhere in the site, though.

This should fix the links in the upper panel section:

#panel .upper aLink, he came to town, come to save the Princess Zelda,
#panel .upper a:visited,
#panel .upper a:hover,
#panel .upper a:active {
}

and this should fix the text up there:

#panel .upper {
background: #0f0f0f url(../../../images/tcat.png) repeat-x;
border-top: 1px solid #444;
border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
padding: 7px;
clear: both;
}

Of course you don't actually insert Zelda's Link, you use

: link

(with no spaces).
Adding background and padding to blockquote cite:

blockquote cite {

background: #d7ddff;
    padding: 5px;

}

helps add some separation in the quote, dunno if that's an improvement or not.

Those two settings just need adding to the full CSS, so it would be:

blockquote cite {
color: #334466;
border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
display: block;
padding-bottom: 3px;
margin: 0 0 10px 0;

font-style: normal;
    background: #d7ddff;
    padding: 5px;
}

That's just a slightly darker version of the quote background, adjust to suit your color scheme.
(06-01-2023, 02:50 AM)railGUN wrote: I think you can get alternating backgrounds in quotes using nth-child.

Try something like this:

}

}

I used to do so much CSS but it's crazy how much you forget when you don't do it for a couple years.
The way it does these quotes must be weird, look at how it did these in this post: https://thebore.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3&pid=354#pid354
(06-01-2023, 04:04 AM)benji wrote:
(06-01-2023, 02:50 AM)railGUN wrote: I think you can get alternating backgrounds in quotes using nth-child.

Try something like this:

}

}

The way it does these quotes must be weird, look at how it did these in this post: https://thebore.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3&pid=354#pid354

Yeah, I saw that... I'll have to fuck around a bit, I saw some nth-child(2n+1) code in there so I don't know if that's having an effect, or I could be totally off base with my approach -- I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow if I have time.
(06-01-2023, 02:56 AM)benji wrote:
(06-01-2023, 02:39 AM)Lonewulfeus wrote: How come there’s no place to put my preferred pronouns? Teehee

Should I add race and ethnicity too? I would but I better not see any joke answers, this is serious data the staff will need to rely on. ufup

preferred race and ethnicity?  Thinking
(06-01-2023, 04:37 AM)railGUN wrote:
(06-01-2023, 04:04 AM)benji wrote:

Try something like this:

}

}

Yeah, I saw that... I'll have to fuck around a bit, I saw some nth-child(2n+1) code in there so I don't know if that's having an effect, or I could be totally off base with my approach -- I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow if I have time.

Isn't there some new CSS selector that get get something based on what it's parent is? I think it's has. You can probably grab it based on that. Feels like it should be pretty simple though tbh
I found of-type but it feels like it needs last-child-of-type or something to work properly. Mindblown

I'm not smart enough for this. Not like this!
(06-01-2023, 07:16 AM)benji wrote: I found of-type but it feels like it needs last-child-of-type or something to work properly. Mindblown

I'm not smart enough for this. Not like this!

Youtube.com/@freecodecamp

Thank you for your service!
(05-30-2023, 03:40 AM)benji wrote:
(05-30-2023, 01:04 AM)BIONIC wrote: Avatars are tiny. Speaking of which, I can’t use the same avatar I have on the OG site because it’s apparently too big for here, and I’m too image editing illiterate + lazy to fix it lol
I increased the allowed sizes a little, I may have to edit the theme to make them larger because it seems to size them even smaller than they really are. (Although I just reuploaded my avatar and it seems to be much larger now.) If you upload the avatar to the server it's supposed to resize them to the right size, I overlooked a KB size limitation on this that I eliminated if that was the problem.

I think its because its putting them into a fixed sized white background 'box' instead of just loading the image into that block...?

(05-31-2023, 03:17 PM)Polident wrote: Is it considered stealing from The Coli if these emotes were technically stolen from The Bore?

A lot of these newer ones are The Bire hand crafted originals Snob
I might be missing an option, but is there a way to make the site more mobile browsing friendly? Looks good on desktop but not so much on mobile. That and a dark mode, would be all gravy.

Edit: Disregard, read the first page where you confirmed both of these are in progress. any CSS questions feel free to ask as well, I'm sure there are a handful of webdevs on here that are willing to assist.
1 user liked this post: Cauliflower Of Love
I'm available for the national guard mod position. But I will only moderate on weekends and one two week period a year.
Thank you for your service!
1 user liked this post: Cauliflower Of Love
I think I have have solved the quotes being coloured differently when embedded in parent quotes.

Where you have:

blockquote:nth-of-type(even) {
    background: #d7daec;
}

Replace that with this:

div > blockquote {
}

and let me know if that works.
For some reason, which I haven't quite figured out yet, the background for the "upper" section goes black when logged in on Safari and mobile Safari.

https://imgur.com/a/GYSlnMQ.png

It doesn't affect Chrome when logged in...

I figured it out, it was a cache issue in my browser.
Love the insanely detailed like statistics in the profile
(06-02-2023, 12:56 AM)railGUN wrote: I think I have have solved the quotes being coloured differently when embedded in parent quotes.

Where you have:

blockquote:nth-of-type(even) {
}

Replace that with this:

div > blockquote {
}

and let me know if that works.
Works for the immediate level but stops after that, if there's a way of just stacking these, there can only be a finite level of nested quotes because of that one setting:
Quote:1
Quote:2
Quote:3
Quote:4
Okay, it's not pretty, but if you do this:

div > blockquote {
}

div > blockquote > blockquote {
    background: blue;
}

div > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote {
}

div > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote {
    background: blue;
}

div > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote > blockquote {
}

and keep adding more > blockquote you can alternate them for as many times as you put that in. That above goes 5 levels, you can go like 10 levels and if anyone is quoting that deep they should probably consider a career in philosophy. Make sense?

There's probably a jQuery script that would automate that to infinity but I don't really feel like figuring that out at the moment and I don't know if you have jQuery installed and/or want to fuck with that.
1 user liked this post: benji
According to ChatGPT this is the jQuery to solve that issue but I don't know if it would actually work... if it did though, hats off to ChatGPT.

$(document).ready(function() {
  var $element = $("div > blockquote");
  var depth = 1;

while ($element.length) {
    $element.css("background", depth % 2 === 0 ? "blue" : "red");
    $element = $element.children("blockquote");
    depth++;
  }
});
The forum auto-prunes after the fourth quote, it's an admin setting, I figured sometimes three quotes are used in the shitbin thread so I set it to four just to be sure. I had no idea it was going to turn into a whole thing.
So we're good then? I can put a big green checkmark next to this issue on my whiteboard?