Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-21-2023, 02:14 PM)benji wrote:
(07-21-2023, 01:54 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/july-20-2023-ap-jury-awards-florida-girl-burned-by-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-chicken-mcnugget-800-000-in-damages.744454/post-109289464 wrote: I don't think McDonald's nugs are going into a fryer. I assume they just go into one of those warming boxes. I honestly don't know how you can get a chicken nugget that hot on its own.

This person thinks McDonalds receives a hundred pounds of frozen chicken nuggets per day and cooks them, 10-30 at a time, in warming boxes for 40 minutes like an oven...instead of frying them for 3 minutes.
You can literally see the fryers at McDonalds. Mindblown

The Era poster is probably one of those lazy fucks that Doordashes McDonald's (and then complains that food is too expensive).
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato, Taco Bell Tower
(07-21-2023, 01:43 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/july-20-2023-ap-jury-awards-florida-girl-burned-by-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-chicken-mcnugget-800-000-in-damages.744454/page-2#post-109264147

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, dismissive commentary in a sensitive thread over multiple posts, previous severe ban for dismissing police brutality
Bedlam wrote:Wow, people really getting triggered in here ... 😱

Sacul64 wrote:By victim blaming and doing exactly what MCDonalds did with the coffee incident.
Except, I never did blame the victim.

FWIW, the Liebeck decision the people are comparing this one to was bullshit (to be clear, the lawsuit was absolutely not frivolous, but the decision was total garbage.)
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, ClothedMac, Taco Bell Tower
Constructive thread

Quote:Extraordinary minor thing that probably doesn't warrant any actual labor, but the automatic capitalization on pronouns is a bit irksome for me in particular because I use s/he, which comes out as S/He rather than S/he, and it just looks... Untidy.

I have other options, so it's not the end of the world.

Wut
essslashaitchx wag
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-marvels-trailer-2.744568/page-2#post-109279477
Fj0823
Quote:Man this looks like it has so much energy and fun.

In for Kamala.
They really, really, REALLY are into highschool teens huh?
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-21-2023, 04:06 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Constructive thread

Quote:Extraordinary minor thing that probably doesn't warrant any actual labor, but the automatic capitalization on pronouns is a bit irksome for me in particular because I use s/he, which comes out as S/He rather than S/he, and it just looks... Untidy.

Wut

What about They/Them?!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-flash-2023-movie-is-now-available-for-purchase-on-all-digital-platforms-25-usd-to-buy-20-to-rent-they-want-you-to-buy-tag-spoilers.743379/
Quote:A reminder: Ezra uses They/Them pronouns. Please do not use incorrect pronouns when discussing them.
Also someone literally whined with spoiler tag title why people care about spoilers while putting spoilers in that thread lol
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-21-2023, 04:06 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Constructive thread

Okay, but what about my pronouns that do use this capitalization method? You're saying I should have my right to exist snuffed out? That you literally want me murdered? Social Justice Warrior
over halfway into 2023 and there still isn't a cogent explanation of they/them that isn't rooted in sexist stereotypes.
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1689946995' wrote: 1689946995[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/july-20-2023-ap-jury-awards-florida-girl-burned-by-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-chicken-mcnugget-800-000-in-damages.744454/page-2#post-109264147

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, dismissive commentary in a sensitive thread over multiple posts, previous severe ban for dismissing police brutality
Bedlam wrote:Wow, people really getting triggered in here ... 😱

Sacul64 wrote:By victim blaming and doing exactly what MCDonalds did with the coffee incident.
Except, I never did blame the victim.

I love how they bring up past bannings (which can be problematic to begin with) that are utterly irrelevant to the topic and issues at hand to justify a perm.

“See, not only did he not show appropriate sympathy for a McDonalds victim here, but we had to ban them severely before! Don’t question if it was a bad decision, he was clearly a bad actor!”
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-henderson-ps5-pro-specs-and-release-window-details-codenamed-trinity-30wgps-18000mts-memory-speed-november-2024-target.744703/#post-109297291
Quote:Okay, but how many units will FF16 sell on the Pro??

Seriously though, seems like a beefy upgrade, which is crazy because I still feel like we haven’t tapped the potential of the current systems 🤷‍♂️
Must be a newbie.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Greatness Gone
(07-21-2023, 05:31 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-henderson-ps5-pro-specs-and-release-window-details-codenamed-trinity-30wgps-18000mts-memory-speed-november-2024-target.744703/#post-109297291

Seriously though, seems like a beefy upgrade, which is crazy because I still feel like we haven’t tapped the potential of the current systems 🤷‍♂️
Must be a newbie.
MZZ, post: 109297432, member: 30150 wrote:since this Pro version will be more used for consistent 4K60 with raytracing. (Maybe 4K120 even)
This person is going to be severely disappointed. How do you spend all day on a gaming forum and still not understand how consoles work.
Remember when the faithful were claiming every ps5 game would be 60fps?  lol
(07-21-2023, 05:26 PM)Greatness Gone wrote: over halfway into 2023 and there still isn't a cogent explanation of they/them that isn't rooted in sexist stereotypes.

they will always get away with it

"why do I use they them? well I guess I just don't feel fully male or female. what do I mean by that? look it's a personal thing, a journey each of us goes on ourselves, and it can't always be articulated. why are YOU pushing so hard for an answer, huh?!"
(07-21-2023, 06:02 PM)Snoopy wrote: Remember when the faithful were claiming every ps5 game would be 60fps?  lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-henderson-ps5-pro-specs-and-release-window-details-codenamed-trinity-30wgps-18000mts-memory-speed-november-2024-target.744703/page-11#post-109304374
Jeffram, post: 109304374, member: 24120 wrote:I think whatever the PS5 does in quality mode at 30fps, which is where ray tracing is typically relegated to, the PS5 pro will be able to do at 60, which will finally make it an option for me.
SCIENCE!
Wow the Marvels commercial had them quipping about the crazy situation they found themselves in. Fun!
Do they not realise how ridiculous they look hyping up 4k 60fps?
(07-21-2023, 06:42 PM)Straight Edge wrote: Wow the Marvels commercial had them quipping about the crazy situation they found themselves in. Fun!

"So, let me get this straight. I’m somewhere that’s not what I would call Earth… I’m seeing freaking aliens, and… oh yeah, I’m talking to a cat! Yeah, okay, that is something I do now. I do magic, kill jacked-up beasts -- I’ll probably fly next."
Is gen-z okay?

Kamala is a teen and looks like a mom to them?
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Nintex
actress is 20 and does indeed have mom-like features
Desantis sucks but:

Quote: I feel like DeSantis was that guy who had nothing but dbag friends growing up who always wanted to be edgy. Mocked the disabled people, yelled the N word out the window of cars when driving past black folk or tanned white people.

Then during his thigh food and navy days he decided he was super fucking important and decided to be a politician but struggled until, to his surprise, Trump arrived and the Republican Party became a party made up of people like him.

He’s the worst human being who was able to rise to power on the backs of deranged and terrible human beings.

He’s the kid in the back of the class doing mock Asian accents and now is running for president.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-crimes-and-hatred-of-ron-desantis-ot-a-megathread-for-florida-legislation-updates-up-approval-rating-tanked.697558/page-46#post-109306171

Kind of cartoonish how they see people in the lens of highschool/college drama.

Is a forum paranoid enough to ban people for little offenses but they seriously think that people are this transparent ghoulish IRL (dunno if it is actually true for Desantis, being fair, just saying how they sound).
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, jorma, Taco Bell Tower, benji
Bengraven wrote:Yeah exactly! He talks about the good old days with the boys but they always hung out without him unless he brought over a bag of Florida ditch weed. They would send him into the 7/11 to buy beer and they purposely give him the fakest fake ID and drove away without him if he walked out without a case.

Weird Florida sleazeball bumpkin fanfic headcanon for just another coastal elite politician that attended Yale and Harvard Law, but ok whatever gets you to sleep my dude.

"So, let me get this straight. I’m locked up somewhere… I’m a wanted war criminal, and… oh yeah, I’m in a fucking box! Yeah, okay, that is something I do now. I do intelligence, kill Banderites-- I’ll probably fly out of a window next."
(07-21-2023, 05:44 PM)Greatness Gone wrote:
(07-21-2023, 05:31 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-henderson-ps5-pro-specs-and-release-window-details-codenamed-trinity-30wgps-18000mts-memory-speed-november-2024-target.744703/#post-109297291

Must be a newbie.
MZZ, post: 109297432, member: 30150 wrote:since this Pro version will be more used for consistent 4K60 with raytracing. (Maybe 4K120 even)
This person is going to be severely disappointed. How do you spend all day on a gaming forum and still not understand how consoles work.

"Gaming" forum
Comeon
(07-21-2023, 06:02 PM)Snoopy wrote: Remember when the faithful were claiming every ps5 game would be 60fps?  lol

Remember when the faithful swore black and blue that the PS2 was capable of 66 million polygons a second and said it would be "in game"?

Spoiler:  (click to show)
PlayStation fanboys are like Republicans. Dumb as fuck and gullible enough to swallow obvious propaganda
Potato dateline='[url=tel:1689971912' wrote: 1689971912[/url]']
Snoopy dateline='[url=tel:1689962560' wrote: 1689962560[/url]']
Remember when the faithful were claiming every ps5 game would be 60fps?  lol

Remember when the faithful swore black and blue that the PS2 was capable of 66 million polygons a second and said it would be "in game"?

Spoiler:  (click to show)
PlayStation fanboys are like Republicans. Dumb as fuck and gullible enough to swallow obvious propaganda

The Era variety do seem particularly susceptible to buzzwords.

Emotion Engine!
Cell!
GDDR5!
SSDs!
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, benji
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, Tucker's Law
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hot-take-i-dont-get-the-reverence-for-james-cameron-as-a-top-director-anymore.744550/page-6

Quote:The man has a racism problem.

Triggered
3 users liked this post: Brolha, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Quote:Any respect I had for Cameron was lost when he decided he’d spent the latter part of his career making racist, anti-Indigenous fantasies.
They truly live in a different reality.
(07-21-2023, 09:48 PM)Greatness Gone wrote:
Quote:Any respect I had for Cameron was lost when he decided he’d spent the latter part of his career making racist, anti-Indigenous fantasies.
They truly live in a different reality.
At best you can claim that Cameron isn't sensitive enough (then again, it's blue aliens, not a real tribe) and that it could be read as a white savior story, but holy fuck you have to be an idiot to declare it "anti-indigenous"