Random Gaming Talk
For when you don't want to make a thread

lol
(09-09-2024, 12:57 PM)Snoopy wrote: Watching Rurikhan stream and thinking of buying it. Looks stupid fun

Edit. Bought. Just made it through the tutorial by the skin of my teeth. Went down just as a cutscene kicked in. Pvp is fun. Probably because nobody knows what they’re doing. Played a couple of matches. Once as basic soldier then bulwark shield guy. For some reason it felt like he had less health than the soldier. I went down in one hit a couple of times. Might have just been hit by an ult or something

This game brehs, holy fuck

[Image: hlg3a54z.jpg]

[Image: kwqh5khf.jpg]

[Image: gfjwp9w9.jpg]

[Image: 5qwxy28x.jpg]

[Image: il5rw4ui.jpg]

225k players on Steam  Pimp
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-sony-exec-claims-that-industry-layoffs-arent-because-of-corporate-greed/1100-6526384/

Quote:"I don't think it's fair to say that the resulting layoffs have been greed," noted Deering. "If the money isn't coming in from the consumers on the last game, it's going to be hard to justify spending the money for the next game."

"(…) drive an Uber or whatever, go off to find a cheap place to live and go to the beach for a year. But keep up with your news and keep up with it, because once you get off the train, it's much harder."

Who is this guy? What kind of income bracket does someone exist in when picking up and moving to a cheap area seems like a solution? Are we all destined to be gig economy nomads, according to this guy's wisdom? 

maf
1 user liked this post: Potato
Why did Sony fire that guy? Would’ve been the perfect response to everyone complaining about the ps5 pro price. If you can’t afford it, drive an Uber. It worked for the PS3. 

1 user liked this post: D3RANG3D
(09-11-2024, 06:15 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Why did Sony fire that guy?

They didn't fire him. He was President of PlayStation Europe during the PS2 days and absolutely destroyed the competition there. Sony offered him the job to head up PlayStation in the US (and perhaps globally) too, but he didn't want the job.
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Nintex, MMaRsu
https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/1ferq2t/why_is_this_damn_door_not_opening_oh/
2 users liked this post: nachobro, Potato

If this flops it's gonna be a whole different ball game. Jumping out of windows levels of industry panic.
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, D3RANG3D
Game devs think they're in the art industry when they're actually in the service industry and they're not serving their customers. Your regular customer might not know what they actually want but they do know what they absolutely do not want.

What did they think was gonna happen? Good faith on earlier successes can only take you this far.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
(09-13-2024, 02:05 PM)Nintex wrote:

If this flops it's gonna be a whole different ball game. Jumping out of windows levels of industry panic.

Its not flopping stop watching that moron btw
2 users liked this post: chronovore, Potato
Assassins Creed havent had good horse physics since AC2.

Anything in the newer games look so fucking stupid, I dont need Asmonclown to tell me what with his missing teeth and disgusting house filled with disgusting maggots and shit like that

ugh I hate that guy so much
1 user liked this post: Potato
Time to go back to your favourite wholesome youtuber DrDisrepect.
3 users liked this post: MMaRsu, Nintex, nachobro
That horse animation is some Two Worlds 1 shit!

[Image: FKRFcaJ.png]
2 users liked this post: who is ted danson?, Nintex
(09-13-2024, 04:12 PM)MMaRsu wrote:
(09-13-2024, 02:05 PM)Nintex wrote:

Its not flopping stop watching that moron btw

I don't know, Ubisoft is strapped for cash so they can't run out the big ad campaigns like they used to. Which means they are more reliant on the community.
I'm not seeing any excitement for it, like we see for Black Ops 6 or other games dropping this holiday season. There is just nothing really.
Not much enthusiasm on the gaming forums but the casual.eat that shit up
I haven't seen the "casuals" eat up anything as of late that wasn't on Switch, some existing GAAS game or a 'viral game' like Elden Ring.

That group scattered into the winds when they couldn't upgrade to PS5/Xbox Series X during COVID.
Some quit, some just kept playing on PS4, moved over to Switch or went to Steam/PC and the remainder was taught by Microsoft to wait for GamePass releases on their $15 subscription.

Also a shift in the strategy of Xbox, they're no longer pushing third party games because they need to sell their Activision / Bethesda / Xbox games instead.
Thought the Indika horror game from earlier this year looked kinda shit. Then I saw this part from the opening in a let's play.

That's one way to sell me on a game.
4 users liked this post: chronovore, Nintex, who is ted danson?, Potato
(09-13-2024, 10:06 PM)Nintex wrote: I haven't seen the "casuals" eat up anything as of late that wasn't on Switch, some existing GAAS game or a 'viral game' like Elden Ring.

That group scattered into the winds when they couldn't upgrade to PS5/Xbox Series X during COVID.
Some quit, some just kept playing on PS4, moved over to Switch or went to Steam/PC and the remainder was taught by Microsoft to wait for GamePass releases on their $15 subscription.

Also a shift in the strategy of Xbox, they're no longer pushing third party games because they need to sell their Activision / Bethesda / Xbox games instead.

They very quickly realised that staying on PS4 made no difference to their gaming. They literally missed out on nothing of any value.
3 users liked this post: MMaRsu, Nintex, who is ted danson?
At the time it was great because I managed to sell my PS4 Pro for what I spent on it. For better or worse, the PS5 felt like a PS4 Pro Pro. Aside from Demon’s Souls and the Astrobot pack in, all I played on it for the first year or two were PS4 games at higher frame rates.

There’s no real point to hanging onto systems anymore. Nintendo is Nintendo, but I doubt even they’ll release the Switch 2 without backwards compatibility.
3 users liked this post: MMaRsu, Nintex, who is ted danson?
[Image: GXZ1rGxaUAAjfbf?format=jpg]

Bros out there building PCs with no RAM Dead
3 users liked this post: chronovore, MMaRsu, D3RANG3D
So I decided to play the Sly collection. It’s still only available on stream, but also noticed the controls weren’t lagging. Did they fix the delay on these streaming only games? I might try Arkham Origins if that is the case.

Hell yeah, Cardboard(?) Field looks... fucking shit I don't
That EA "imagination" AI bullshit makes me angry. I mean, really angry. It's already difficult to explain why making games is hard, but having two chirpy know-nothings in a "tighten up the graphics on level three" exchange, played out for investors and executives… it's fucking harmful. They already don't understand what development looks like. This is literally them extending the bullshit "idea man" metaphor into reality, but it's a reality that can never ship, never produce something compelling. It's setting a dangerous precedent.

(09-11-2024, 08:22 PM)Nintex wrote:

They didn't fire him. He was President of PlayStation Europe during the PS2 days and absolutely destroyed the competition there. Sony offered him the job to head up PlayStation in the US (and perhaps globally) too, but he didn't want the job.

If he's the British exec who took over for SCEA/SCEE publishing, he's also responsible for slamming the door shut on the weird, rich tapestry of games that the PS1 had. This, after Sony went around literally begging every developer to support their first console after being jilted at the altar by Nintendo. The games from SCEA/SCEE were very high, sure, but we missed out on many strange titles due to this man's fickle loyalty and rarefied tastes.
Yeah, that EA thing was a perfect illustration of how AI can replace grunt work, but nothing that requires actual creativity and understanding of what is fun. 

It reminded me of the map creator in Timesplitters 2. Everyone could make serviceable maps, but creating multiplayer maps that led to fun and competitive battles like the stock maps was fucking hard.
(Yesterday, 08:51 AM)chronovore wrote: That EA "imagination" AI bullshit makes me angry. I mean, really angry. It's already difficult to explain why making games is hard, but having two chirpy know-nothings in a "tighten up the graphics on level three" exchange, played out for investors and executives… it's fucking harmful. They already don't understand what development looks like. This is literally them extending the bullshit "idea man" metaphor into reality, but it's a reality that can never ship, never produce something compelling. It's setting a dangerous precedent.

(09-11-2024, 08:22 PM)Nintex wrote:

If he's the British exec who took over for SCEA/SCEE publishing, he's also responsible for slamming the door shut on the weird, rich tapestry of games that the PS1 had. This, after Sony went around literally begging every developer to support their first console after being jilted at the altar by Nintendo. The games from SCEA/SCEE were very high, sure, but we missed out on many strange titles due to this man's fickle loyalty and rarefied tastes.

The best part is that it is fake too. The only AI generated thing seems to be the cardboard boxes. 
Those gun models are just from Battlefield and you never see what the characters actually look like.

The UI stuff is fake too, clearly not part of the game but just added later with editting  lol

Anyway confirmed Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for PS5  lol
Also Guerillas next 'big' game is wait for it, Horizon GAAS game.
Sony really scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to get games on PS5.
I noticed some good deals on Tekken 8 but I'm not sure if it is 'worth it'

Tekken 8 - Xbox Collectors Edition 
162,- (it says 25% off, but it actually launched at 299 so that's almost 50% off)

Tekken 8 - Xbox Launch Edition
37,- (it launched at 79)

[Image: image.jpg]

Collectors Edition with physical extras includes the Year 1 Season Pass and some DLC goodies.
So let say ~100 for the "game content" and ~60 for the swag. Seems like one of those "still expensive but you'll never find it this cheap ever again" kind of deals.

Or just wait for a Steam sale I don't
You don't need any of that shit and you will never look at it after you unbox it
1 user liked this post: MMaRsu
A whole bunch of trash to throw in your cabinets.. Only the figure is cool but eh