Nintendo Switch Thread
If Switch 2 doesnt launch with an OLED wtf is Nintendo doing
1 user liked this post: who is ted danson?
Keeping the costs low? There's talk of 2 SKU's so maybe they'll go the Steamdeck route with different screens for each model.
Nintendo never did that 'officially' pre SWOLED but they did offer different screens for 3DS Limited Editions (IPS vs. LCD).

Anyway many developers were invited to Nintendo of America yesterday so it seems like a reveal is imminent.

A reveal of the revamped Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch obviously Trumps
I bought Tales of the Sky(sp?)  part 1 on pc but there was way too much exposition. Might give it another shot if it's on switch and i can play while watching football or something else on the tv.
1 user liked this post: Nintex
https://www.eurogamer.net/switch-2-gets-first-confirmed-release-in-my-time-at-portia-sequel

Games are already being announced for "future Nintendo platforms yet to be announced".

Switch 2 reveal incoming
Well Pathea games just lost their development license Miyamoto 

I dunno, it's a Kickstarter announcement so not like a big publisher or anything. 
With Nintendo everything is possible, they could drop it with a tweet tommorow, announce it at the VGAs (which I doubt, as I think that is where Microsoft will reveal new hardware) or wait until 2025. Those 2 new Switch bundles and Sony fumbling the PS5 Pro have me worried they want to keep the focus on Switch for the holiday season and not announce new hardware until 2025. However if they're actually talking to developers about the launch plans and announcement and assembly is underway it will be difficult to prevent leaks. 

It would make sense to announce it before the TGS, so Japanese developers can announce a slate of ports and exclusives but this is Nintendo.

Thinking
Maybe legit. 

Rumours were that joycons were forwards compatible. If that's the case, there must be some sort of adapter to go between. Those new joycons are clearly bigger and plug in rather than slide on.
Looks very legit overall, PCB and parts descriptions also leaked.
Rumored specs are basically a PS4+ in handheld mode and a PS4 Pro / Series S in docked mode.
12GB RAM

Nothing about multiple SKUs though, so it seems like it will just launch with a single configuration.
Which would make sense in order to produce as many as humanly possible. 

Nintendo is radio silent so far.

Looks like a price drop for the current models is in the cards

New Mario Kart bundle is 349 for the OLED model and 299 for the normal version.
I suppose these will be the 'official' prices going into the holiday season.

Switch Lite: $199
Switch: $249
Switch OLED / Switch + Game: $299
Switch OLED + Game: $349
2 SKUs could just be OLED and LCD or just joycon colour variations

We're not quite at the level of tracking down tree reflections yet, but these discussions are getting juicier. 

Bring on the reveal.
That PCB image with all the wear and tear looks like some kind of example unit they use to teach the factory workers how to assemble it or to calibrate the machines or whatever.

I was thinking that maybe Nintendo would depart from the current Switch design because so many handheld PCs have been released and they wanted something more unique or that they might include some kind of new hardware gimmick. But it doesn't seem like that is what the market wants right now and developers certainly don't want to deal with any 'weird' hardware. An additional screen would also increase the price and reduce the stock.

Best route in current economic conditions is probably to sell this thing as cheap and bare bones as possible. I'm thinking the 2 SKUs might just be handheld only (no dock included) and handheld + dock. Their hardware choices also reflect this, 12GB RAM is pretty cheap and will make it more future proof than 8GB, storage is more expensive so that remains limited to 256GB for now and an LCD instead of an OLED screen will also reduce costs as will dropping the Joy-Con Grip or whatever that thing was called.

With the Switch Nintendo didn't want to position it as 'handheld only' to prevent the perception they would leave the console market entirely in favor of mobile and the docked/handheld modes were a new concept. Since then they already released the Switch Lite so that is also less of a concern. Inflation is a bitch though, I don't see it land cheaper than $399 regardless of what is included in the box or the type of screen they use. Nintendo for once may have looked at a Sony product because the PlayStation Portal uses an 8 inch LCD screen as well.

[Image: GXwhf9oXIAAphu5?format=png]
I'm happy with AU$650 which is where the direct price conversion from the rumoured US$400 would land after sales taxes etc.

Retail pricing in Aus:
XSS 512GB - $500
XSS 1TB - $550
XSX 1TB all digital - $700
XSX 1TB - $800

XSX 2TB - $1000

PS5 slim all digital - $680
PS5 slim - $800
PS5 pro - $1200
PS5 pro with a disc drive because Sony are cunts - $1360

A Switch 2 will sit in a massive sweet spot at $650. Even at $700 it's going to be a good value proposition.