Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-new-details-on-pokemon-legends-z-a.1008471/
Fat4all, post: 130102806, member: 906 wrote:pokemon shit

and

pokemon piss

are

pokemon cumming soon
Willam
(10-13-2024, 03:52 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Princess Lesbian Fetish

Quote:One I thing I hate about the status quo of "representation" is that even a character like Ellie from The Last of Us isn't explicitly a lesbian. If there wasn't word of God saying so, there would be debates. In mainstream games (and media), there is so little Pride.

You are so fucking retarded. The developers and writers have said she IS A LESBIAN. What does she have to do, lick pussy in the game in an explicit way and/or on the show? Fuck off you pederast creep.

Fucking summer ants

GET THAT ASS BANNED
he is unaware that most gay people live their lives without signposting their sexuality at every opportunity

perhaps his lack of awareness stems from being a heterosexual male, and not a lesbian woman???  ??? ??? ???
(10-13-2024, 02:20 AM)books wrote: Better drama than the Diablo 4 expansion.
I think I'm almost done with the campaign and this story is literally balls? like wtf? blizzard would have been better off completely slashing the cinematic/VA budget and investing that into making paladin.  

spiritborn is so based and cracked though  Lawd
2 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(10-13-2024, 11:37 AM)DocWager wrote: It’s been more than 24 hours, and Dubs hasn’t retaliated. Well boys, I’m done here. Nothing interesting will ever happen on Era, and honestly you’ve all served your purposes. I’m throwing you guys away. So pack it in, get as much as you want to keep to remember this place, and lock it up. Time for the grand closing of The Bire.

[Image: 3eruDxu.jpg]
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
advance wars sgt wrote:Justifying the death of brown lives for the sake of saving white ones just about sums up the issue with this discourse.

Y'all have really gone mask off, good lord.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-13#post-130104498

hmm
kamala loses or kamala wins... either way there is going to be a lot of meltdown on reeee

so many of them will fight each other over if kamala won, wow woman genocidal president. if kamala loses, they going to blame people not voting for her because of israel/palestine/genocide/etc

either way, we win. bring on the threads 

Popcorn Sickos

the sequel to the 2016 neogaf meltdowns is looking good

and the best part is it lasts for months/years
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-on-a-bad-streak.1008486/
Quote:Relix
These past weeks have sucked so bad that it's laughable. Two weeks ago I got a horrible stomach virus. Would throw up everything and high fever. I've recovered to then be visited by hurricane Milton. Fine, just had minor damage. Well, yesterday walking with friends I tripped for the first time in years and fell hard into concrete. Pretty sure I fractured my right hand/wrist or have a very bad sprain. Couldn't sleep at all. Gonna get it checked out today. My puppy just jumped on my hand and it hurt like hell and in my pained yell he got scared and peed over me 😂.

I've been getting into pickleball and there were a lot of games I wanted to play. I'll also have to pause my work outs. Right hand is my dominant hand so I can barely wipe my ass now. Shit sucks man 😭. //vent over

Quote:PlanetSmasher
The past month of my life has been absolute hell thanks to work bullshit (botched product launch, categorically poor leadership, the whole combo) and being home alone with no human beings to talk to for the majority of that time. I feel you.
Quote:NextGen
Yeah, since the day I was born. Putting jokes aside, last 7 years were hellish.
Quote:Soapbox Killer
"If I had your cards I'd through my cards away."

My mechanic says that to me all the time.

Hand issues suck. Years ago a sword fell off the wall and sliced the tendon in my pinky and let me tell you that was a special kinda ouch. And it was my right hand so not only did it make it hard to …well that shit became impossible.

Feels bad, man The Thread

Also is Soapbox retarded?
(10-13-2024, 08:21 AM)Snoopy wrote: Meanwhile a ree's attempt at sad frog thread isn't going well -

Quote:I was just thinking about all the family members of mine that have stopped all communication with me because they joined the cult, and didn't like what I was saying.

My aunt whom I used to love dearly blocked me on Facebook and didn't give me her new number when she moved. We were really close when her husband was heavily disabled and I frequently helped her take care of him. Sometimes she would call me at like 2am when I had work the next day because she couldn't get him off the toilet or he fell and she couldn't get him up. I would rush over, and help her with whatever she needed. Their own kids wouldn't. I made a lot of anti Trump posts on Facebook and I guess that was grounds to never speak to me again? Sheesh. I accepted it and definitely won't reach out.

About half of my extended family eventually blocked me. It took me a while to even notice, but I guess it's fine. I just moved on.

Anyone have situations like that in their lives?

The response so far -

None

Quote:No family members that joined the cult?

Nope.

lol 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-loved-ones-have-you-lost-in-your-life-because-of-maga.1008432/

Unironically, I haven’t met anybody outwardly stereotypical maga. I only ever saw the red hat once, Manhattan in 2016 a few weeks before election. I’ve known Trump voters, but it’s guys talking about economy, prefaces with saying they don’t like Trump himself. Maybe when I leave the room they start talking about Q and adrenochrom pizza huts or whatever.
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Quote:Are we really in this thread comparing the situation in Ukraine with Gaza?

Really? Are these serious posts?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/post-130101324

Why do they keep saying this and then never elaborate. If Gaza is a genocide then how isn't Ukraine?
(10-13-2024, 06:29 AM)benji wrote:
ZeoVGM wrote:Republicans have been doubling down on political ads that attack trans people in the lead-up to the election, despite this being a strategy that has historically not worked for them. Ted Cuz is one of these Republicans, who has launched attack ads against his Democratic opponent for Senate, Colin Allred, accusing him of supporting trans women in sports.

Despite the fact that those attacks do not work, Allred decided to respond to them with an ad where he claims, "I don't want boys playing girls' sports, or any of this ridiculous stuff Ted Cruz is saying."

And how is that strategy working? Well, here's the second news article that appears when you search his name on Google, by way of Fox News:

This is just a monumentally stupid decision. Not a single person who has "trans people in sports" on their list of priorities is going to switch their vote from Ted Cruz to a democrat. The only thing this does is anger Allred's own supporters.

Instead of capitulating to bigots, he should instead be taking a page from the Tim Walz book of doubling down on support of the LGBTQ+ community and calling Cruz out for his weird obsession with trans people. But no, the Allred campaign's first instinct is to instead repeat bigoted Republican rhetoric in a pointless attempt at winning their voters over.
Kalentan wrote:Cause this will totally help them win, what an asshole.
Quote:Glad I'm not in Texas because I wouldn't vote for this bozo after this
StrontiumPawg wrote:will be best if he loses then so the rest of the party don't have him as a "but Manchin!" style excuse for anti trans shit
Quote:Eat shit Allred. Why even bother fighting for a future in Texas if you're going to capitulate to continue targeting the marginalized people already being fucked over in Texas. It's asinine.
fat4all wrote:
Quote:This man is a civil rights lawyer.
haunting
Quote:Why is it always on those that are disenfranchised the most by democrats have to just suck it up and vote.
Why does a trans person have to vote for the democrat who doesn't care about them
Why does the Palestinian have to vote for the democrat that doesn't care of them.
Why do chicanos like myself have to vote for the democrat who stokes fear of people like myself by lending credence to the fear of people crossing the border.

Where is the breaking point where we stop rewarding people for putting the D in their name.

No crap a democrat is better, but how do we advocate and put pressure for change in the democrat party when all we ever here is nope you gotta vote blue no matter who.
Melody Shreds wrote:If you're really gonna tell trans people to suck it up and vote for a piece of shit transphobe because the other guy is worse kindly fuck off.
Mesoian wrote:How have the idiots just not learned to say, "Trans rights are human rights" as a response to this stuff.

Welp, bye I guess.
Hollywood Duo wrote:never ceases to amaze me why people care about this stuff, just let people live their lives
Nepenthe wrote:Like I said in another thread:

Your rights as a minority are absolutely negotiable by the Democratic Party. Do not put wholesale faith in them to protect you at all times, because that's not what they're materially about.
fat4all wrote:whats stopping voters, even cis voters, from contacting allreds office/campaign and demanding they take this ad down and fully support trans rights if they want their vote?
Melody Shreds wrote:You're willing to reward transphobia, I'm not.
We're in the middle of a trans genocide I won't let them throw us under the bus like this.
Quote:is this a preview of the next marginalised group to be tossed out of the coalition or will the Dems push back on this
ZeoVGM wrote:
Quote:So having Ted Cruz is better? Do you hear yourself?
They didn't say that. You know they didn't say that.

But it becomes perfectly valid to not want to vote for either of them when something like this happens.
Speevy wrote:What's that about explaining or defending means you've lost?
Quote:
Quote:Entirely fair. But if the option is between enabling the transphobe who has no reason to not to always be a transphobe and enabling the transphobe who will nominally be susceptible to pressure in the future, I am going to pick the latter 100%.

Not picking is picking. I rather pick the one who is going to do the least amount of damage even if it makes me feel like shit, over not picking and causing more damage.

The time to put pressure on candidates is during primaries. That time has passed.
That is absolutely crazy. Literally telling people that advocacy has a proper time and place when often they are advocating for their right to exist in places is so gross.
ZeoVGM wrote:But you also don't get to vote shame anyone who disagrees with your thought process and can't bring themself to vote for one transphobe over another. (I'm not saying you're doing this currently. Just a hypothetical, as it's an attitude that has been popping up more and more lately.)
Quote:imo this strategy wouldn't get your leverage "eventually" it loses you leverage because it teaches the Democrats they can do this and you'll still vote for them

there's no incentive to improve and next election if they think they don't need to do this because their voters will let it fly
Lilly-Anne wrote:
Quote:If you're really gonna tell trans people to suck it up and vote for a piece of shit transphobe because the other guy is worse kindly fuck off.
flashback to UK folks saying the same and things have only gotten even worse under labour
Quote:Couldn't a more charitable read of this be that he doesn't support "boys in girls sports" because trans girls aren't boys?
please go rewatch the DNC and see how many times they have mentioned trans rights or trans people at a time where 30% of the population is effectively calling for our extermination on a daily basis
Melody Shreds wrote:It's always on the fucking marginalized people to suck it up and vote for people who probably hate us on the off chance that they may hate us a bit less in the future.
It's a game I just don't feel very comfortable playing anymore.
Quote:Y'all need more viable political parties/options so badly. It's a crime you can't even vote to the left of this douche and feel good about it. I'm sorry leaders around the globe are failing you, trans folks.
Melody Shreds wrote:I was actually just thinking about how the people trans folks there voted for straight up betrayed them.
Now right to HRT is being taken without a damn thing trans people can do about it.

It fucking scares me that there is even a small chance that It could happen here.
Melody Shreds wrote:It's interesting how it always seems to be the cis people telling us to vote for people who hate us for existing because it might make it better for us in the future.

As If the Democrats have sad a goddamn thing about the ongoing trans genocide beyond some mild lip service.
Quote:dumb fuck. couldve literally just said trans rights is human rights and been fine. now i dont wanna vote for his ass. AND we have piece of shit ted cruz as the opp. fucked if we do fucked if we dont.
Nepenthe wrote:
Melody Shreds wrote:It's interesting how it always seems to be the cis people telling us to vote for people who hate us for existing because it might make it better for us in the future.
They're not asking you to do that for your benefit. They're asking you to do it for theirs.

You're fucked either way, but you can sacrifice yourself for the greater good.
Quote:democrats throwing marginalized groups under the bus for the right of center votes/political capital is unfortunately not a new problem

same old craven shit
ZeoVGM wrote:
Quote:Turning on Allred how Ted Cruz gets elected again which is far worse for both the US and Texans.
You're not framing it correctly.

No one is turning on Allred. Allred turned on the people he represents.
Nepenthe wrote:People have forgotten that they don't work for their politicians.

Their politicians work for them.
Quote:Will be shocked I'm sure when he learns that he's never going to be elected as Republican Lite. Almost donated to his campaign, too. 🫠
Quote:I'm still going to vote for Allred, but I am strongly fighting the urge to just leave the senator part of the ballot blank. He'll probably fucking lose anyway, but he deserves it after this. If you're going to throw marginalized people under the bus when it's politically convenient for you, then what fucking good are you?
Himu wrote:Democrats are always letting Republicans define the terms of the conversation. Biden with Gaza (though he might actually just be that craven), Kamala with immigration, this flop with trans rights.

Unfortunately, no viable third party will emerge in any of our lifetimes.

votebluenomatterwhoooooo 🙃
Quote:They're basically asking you to sacrifice yourself and your cause for the greater good.

You can see this daily with regards to Dems asking Arabs/Muslims to suck it up and continue supporting Kamala/Biden, despite those politicians rubber-stamping an on-going genocide.

Evidently, minority rights don't mean shit in the eyes of the "greater good".
Nepenthe wrote:
Quote:He will be more susceptible then he is now is my point.
No he won't, because he'll be in office.

Giving someone exactly what they want is not how you actually leverage anything within a negotiation.
Quote:So annoying how dems seems to capitulate and operate in the bad faith framing republicans offer instead of offering their own view and take on the issue. Defend trans people for once!

But I'm not shocked. Marginalized groups are an expendable currency they can pick and choose to support and then discard when it's no longer helpful to them. Tale as old as time. Fuck this dude.
Nepenthe wrote:
Quote:At this point it is not a negotiation. We can and should complain and protest and make threats. But he won't care because we have no leverage and the bulk of the party won't care to help.
He will care if he loses. He obviously wants to be in office. If he didn't, he wouldn't be running.

Regardless, people have the ability to leverage their collective power by simply not voting for a candidate unless they address their concerns adequately.
Quote:
Quote:Given his previous support of trans rights and the fact that he's a (former?) civil rights lawyer, I'm hoping that this is a terrible misunderstanding or a hamfisted attempt at careful wording to try to capture the Republican vote.
Let me tell you about this former human rights lawyer named Keir Starmer and how well transgender people are faring under him after he campaigned to throw trans people under the bus.
fat4all wrote:cruz doesnt say "trans" because he doesnt want to acknowledge their existence

allred doesnt say "trans" cuz he's worried about losing votes
Quote:This is extremely ill-advised of him to say this with margins this small and it's this close to early voting.
Kiyamet wrote:dems need to earn our vote

"not being Trump" has let them slide too far to the right

they are capitulating too much on genocide, the border, immigration, and now messaging on trans issues

its so stupid too because they are so craven and uncaring that they dont realize the opposition exists to be to the right of them so they are giving them easy ground to move even further to the right for free
IrishNinja wrote:it's even worse than it looked - y'all really out here defending a chud
Quote:Bigoted voters they're never even going to get
that's kinda key here too - tossed aside for so little
dude isn't viable here, but the message is trans folks can kick rocks to appease voters they'll never have anyway

this kinda stuff is key when looking at why so much of the electorate doesn't show up, especially in local races
Quote:I donated to the guy ☹️

I've donated almost 200 bucks in the last few months. Not a lot for many, but it's a pretty penny for me.

I'm gonna stop donating to them. I get why they're pivoting to and appeasing the center/right, and I'm obviously voting blue all the way because the alternative is just frightening and hard to push for more progressive ideals if they're in charge, but man… Disappointing 😔
Quote:Stop voting for them. If they aren't helping you, then don't vote for them. When they don't ever win, or see their votes declining, and you let them know why, maybe they'll change.
Nepenthe wrote:
Quote:I would rather keep this discussion in the Lebanon thread, but letting Republicans win over and over just because you don't like something the Dem said shifts the overton window to the right because they can run further and further extreme candidates since they keep winning.
Democrats can fix this by not abandoning or negotiating on the rights of their minority demographics and thus losing those demographics' votes.

Like I don't know why y'all think they're not actually supposed to do anything for you.
Quote:asking for marginalized and minority voters to be inspired by democrat moral midgetry is also not a viable strategy
Quote:Goshdangit, Democrats need to stop letting Republicans control the narrative on this. Protect trans kids.
Kiyamet wrote:lol

You're acting like democrat leadership HAS to slide into fascism/ isolationism/ bigotry regardless of how we choose to vote.

No coalition building, no rhetoric, no collective action, phone calls... door knocking... etc.

We have to let this slide or else!
Quote:As a trans person myself I hate this shit

Pretending I'm a cis guy every damn work day is just fucking tiring. I'm just done
Quote:I really wish you guys would at the very least afford people, especially the victims of this sort of genocidal discrimination, just a little bit of space to be upset about crap like this before whipping out the usual "Oh so you want Cruz/Trump/etc?" strawman horseshit.

Read the fucking room for christs sake.
sprsk wrote:This reminds me of back in college, 2000 elections and I get fliers for the local house reps, both democrat and republican fliers touted how "pro-life" they were and that's kinda when I knew that when you're in deep red territory, there's no such thing as left vs right, it's just extreme right vs normal right.

It'd be nice to knock Ted Cruz out of the senate but any guy in his place, even as a dem, is gonna be a poor man's Manchin at best.
Quote:If he wanted to be clear about where his support actually is, he would have been. This isnt up for debate. Ted Cruz wants to have it and the response should only be fuck off.
IrishNinja wrote:reposting for the new page: this transphobic shit is exactly who he said he was
Quote:Spineless ...
I love how they think elections are "negotiations" with every individual person and that a politicians goal should be to alienate 90+% of the population and be happy losing to someone 100% of his party hates.

I think they may literally not understand how majority rule works. Or intersectionality. Remember a few weeks back when we were discussing how they seemed to think everything at a company or in an industry or the entire economy should cease and stop until every single person agrees to something? I think this is their conception of "democracy" too.  See, for example:
ZeoVGM wrote:Allred turned on the people he represents.
Trans people are not who Allred represents currently nor who he would represent if he won, that would be everyone in Texas.

To them democracy is not an ongoing process, made of nothing but moderate compromises between multiple positions over time that ebb and flow with a nebulous "popular approval", instead it's a process where you refuse to participate and demand everyone else agree with you on every single thing and then you'll deign to offer them something they don't need. All these minorities who are being genocided should just withhold their votes until the Republicans finish the job because otherwise it will be a signal to Democrats that they can ignore the genocide.

Like, what even is their strategic thinking on this? Use their favorite example of how there's one group that wants to genocide everyone, one group against genocide and then the centrists. Split them equally, 33-33-33. If the 33% withdraw entirely then it's 100% people willing to genocide. You absolutely have to assume that was a 50/50 split becomes 51-49, 52-48, etc. with every 1% you drop from supporting genocide. But there's no reason to assume this! If they're "centrist" because they automatically find a middle spot between two extremes or because they just like a little genocide, as a treat, then they're going to exist no matter what position the one side takes. But that's not true of everyone in the middle third. Some people will diverge to genocide if you go too anti-genocide, and vice versa. Their assumption is that their position has no cost to take, but if it did it would already be the majority position!

The really seem to believe that there's no split in the population, anywhere, and that instead they are in the majority position on every topic. So there's no harm to this guy or Kamala taking the 10% minority on every single topic. In fact the OP itself outlines how wrong they are. It claims, based on Erin Reed who is a fraud and is wrong about this, that "transphobia" loses elections. But Ted Cruz and Trump aren't using this to push anti-trans views to achieve victory, they're using the anti-trans views to attack Allred/Kamala claiming to be more moderate/centrist. The goal is undermining trust in what they say on all issues, not just trans ones. The point is to get centrist voters to distrust just enough that they won't go for them. Something like "sure Kamala now says she loves guns and hates immigrants but she wanted to give free sex-changes to prisoners and outlaw electricity and says she still supports that" is the point of the ads, not to "bring up" trans issues because they win anything. Allred/Kamala's goal isn't to join them, it's to run out the clock.

Only one post in that thread says the most accurate tactical decision:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/colin-allred-dem-candidate-for-senate-accused-of-supporting-trans-rights-by-opponent-ted-cruz-responds-by-throwing-trans-people-under-the-bus.1008393/#post-130091313 wrote:The more obvious reason to support Allred is that, much like other red state Democrats, his being in the Senate will mean that the Democrats (potentially) control a chamber of Congress. It means that strongly pro-trans liberal Democrats control all the important committees and can confirm pro-trans judges nominated by a Democratic president.
Nobody quoted this post at all because it's impossible for them to refute.

That was the Obama Coalition these guys thought politics always should be, for nine months the Democrats had a supermajority because of red-state Democrats: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress

The Republicans were able to paint them as too extreme for red states and completely took back the majority with two hits:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_Senate_elections
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_United_States_Senate_elections

Just two elections that then gave Trump three Supreme Court seats and the Democratic "majority" they've lamented for the last four years. You see it in that thread they still hate Manchin because he voted away from the Democrats 10% of the time, but now a Republican is replacing him and they'll vote away from Democrats possibly 100% of the time. The morons in this thread are willing to do that not just in one state, but in every state. Then demand the minority come begging to them for the privilege of being more of a minority.

Nepenthe and others in that thread are talking about how they're asking you to sacrifice for nothing, but they aren't. You don't have anything to "sacrifice" for them. They're asking you to strengthen the coalition so that you're at the table when the spoils are handed out. You're the one demanding a sacrifice because you're asking them and the entire rest of the coalition to sacrifice not only that but victory itself merely to get your irrelevant approval. You're willing to give up a Democratic Senate just to stay pure for a single vote for a single candidate. That's fine for someone like me because I'm aware I exist in the 1% of the electorate already with a party that already caters to me 80% for which I could compromise with. I make no illusions that the either of the two plurality parties should cater to me at the expense of everyone who supports them. But you're acting like you're the majority and a potential actual majority should sacrifice itself for you. And should do this endlessly, for every cycle, until all the elected positions are Republican. So that they learn they need you, which they will then because they'll be like the Libertarians and will cease to exist if they get any more extreme. Nor will they ever be able to compromise back towards a more moderate position because then you'll be booing them when the most successful candidate in your party's entire history suggests the progressive equivalent of toaster licenses*.

TL;DR:
Nepenthe wrote:Like I said in another thread:

Your rights as a minority are absolutely negotiable by the Democratic Party. Do not put wholesale faith in them to protect you at all times, because that's not what they're materially about.
Quote:imo this strategy wouldn't get your leverage "eventually" it loses you leverage because it teaches the Democrats they can do this and you'll still vote for them

there's no incentive to improve and next election if they think they don't need to do this because their voters will let it fly
Melody Shreds wrote:It's always on the fucking marginalized people to suck it up and vote for people who probably hate us on the off chance that they may hate us a bit less in the future.
Nepenthe wrote:
As If the Democrats have sad a goddamn thing about the ongoing trans genocide beyond some mild lip service.
They're not asking you to do that for your benefit. They're asking you to do it for theirs.

You're fucked either way, but you can sacrifice yourself for the greater good.
You can't get anything from power unless you have power. You're saying you want nothing to do with achieving power and then expecting to be handed power as a response, to which:
Nepenthe wrote:Giving someone exactly what they want is not how you actually leverage anything within a negotiation.

Spoiler: * (click to show)
Gary was a lock so he didn't feel a need to respond to this. But the libertarian answer is obvious, property owners should be able to set conditions on which others may use their property. In the United States already you don't need a drivers license to operate a vehicle on private property. You need one on public roads because the owner is the state and the owner can set conditions. The answer is to privatize the roads, not eliminate the ability of owners to set conditions, something that would be the state infringing on property rights.

See, I just turned the toaster guy into a bigger statist.

Sure thing, Boss
(10-13-2024, 06:44 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Phoenix "this man isn't black enough to play Green Lantern " AKG

Quote:Harris and Biden are already letting Israel finish the job.

You can't call out "Americans will trade 4 years of Trump for a free Palestine" when you're showing you're willing to trade 41,802+ Palestinians killed....

The point of is showing to Dems we won't tolerate the genocide.

Where is the same energy for actual genocides? You know in Sudan, the Rohingya in Burma, Boko Haram in Nigeria, the Uyghur's in China, etc.

Oh right, it's not a majority Jewish population. It only matters when that is the case. Anyone standing up for Palestine and using the word genocide I just automatically assume they are anti-Semitic. They've ruined it for people who actually want peace and are not fucking retarded psychopaths. They just use this conflict as an excuse to say as much anti-Semitic shit as possible and get away with it because they are a "minority" even when Islam has nearly 2 fucking billion followers and people from every race and ethnicity.

You are the same motherfuckers who cheer on Hamas, Hezbollah, the Houthis and the fucking IRGC. All terrorist organizations. At this point, I don't know what else to say than put your money where your mouth is and go to the Middle East and see if you can actually "help", even though you'd be used as a human shield at the worst and arrested at best.

Oh, what, and I suppose Hamas could have just de-escalated the situation at literally any point over the last year by just returning some hostages? COME ON
(10-13-2024, 06:58 AM)Polident wrote:
(10-13-2024, 06:45 AM)imsotired wrote: Drive off your "allies," continually insist that you don't need to persuade people, and then throw a temper tantrum when your extreme views aren't adopted wholesale by mainstream politicians.  

Rollsafe

Say what you will, but it’s a mindset that alienated them from family, acquaintances, old friends, and led to rampant suicidal ideation and type 2 diabetes. When you find a winning formula, you apply it to all aspects of life.

Win
(10-13-2024, 07:07 AM)benji wrote: For the record:
They don't want to vote because they want to be catered to individually at all times by everyone else.

I don't vote because I consider it moral endorsement for acts of violence against my fellow man.

We are not the same. Snob

I'm not going to vote because it enables me to berate other people for their willingness to compromise with the enemy, while maintaining my moral highground of never actually committing to any real world actions that might eleict the change I claim I want Snob

Spoiler:  (click to show)
also, not 'murican
(10-13-2024, 01:26 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-on-a-bad-streak.1008486/
Quote:PlanetSmasher
The past month of my life has been absolute hell thanks to work bullshit (botched product launch, categorically poor leadership, the whole combo) and being home alone with no human beings to talk to for the majority of that time. I feel you.

Poor cunts had to downsize to only 2 hour long youtube deep dives while nominally at work and no co-workers passing by to ask if hes really still watching that shit Feels bad, man
[Image: bafkreid5k6f7dqkayqnotccqnodxieobwq3gcx4...zexgy@jpeg]

Best cat on social media
They will go to war over letting men play in women’s sports, as if that’s some issue worth dying over lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-guardian-sudan-is-the-world%E2%80%99s-gravest-humanitarian-disaster-%E2%80%93-but-almost-nobody-cares.1008078/#post-130101291 wrote:
Neopeth wrote:You are bombarded with news about Palestine and Ukraine because the media is more invested in these narratives economically.

But the reason these economic incentives exist is because these two locations are fundamentally tied to Western foreign policy, culture, and vestigially-religious notions of colonialism and anti-communism.

You are never going to have a mainstream media apparatus in the West that gives a fuck about the African continent because the Western world has never given a fuck about the African continent beyond the materials and bodies it can steal to service its climate-altering lifestyle. It's a cycle: the media is informed by the base economic structure which in turn goes to reinforce the validity of that base.

In other words, people are already emotionally primed for Black people to die because Black people have been so thoroughly colonized by the West that our oppression seems natural. So a civil war of this magnitude might as well be a like a hurricane or an earthquake. Shit happens. Oh well. But the systemic nature of this apathy doesn't mean any one of us escapes complicity and culpability for that. You have the Internet. You are free to look up at any time what is going on within Africa on your own.

Blaming the "Western mainstream media apparatus" would make sense if none Western or non-mainstream media did care about Sudan or give it any coverage at all.
But nobody gives a fuck about Sudan in non-Western countries too, and no one gives a fuck about it in leftist or radical circles/media either - Because all of these bodies also have ideological and economical interests as well, and sadly Sudan doesn't fit into those.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-guardian-sudan-is-the-world%E2%80%99s-gravest-humanitarian-disaster-%E2%80%93-but-almost-nobody-cares.1008078/page-2#post-130108740 wrote:
Quote:Blaming the "Western mainstream media apparatus" would make sense if none Western or non-mainstream media did care about Sudan or give it any coverage at all.
The West not caring about Susan is not mutually exclusive from anyone else actively caring about it.

No one cares about Black people. This isn't a reminder I needed.

Huh, weirdly selective quoting to then not address the point of the person quoted, Boss
"Why people don’t care about Susan? "

Say Nepenthe tearfully…

“No one cares about Black people. This isn't a reminder I needed.” Egomaniac
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Its almost like takeacarrotleaveacarrotnomics doesn't sufficiently adress "Those are my carrots, bitch. I might as well do a rape while I'm here too"
kaleidoscopium dateline='[url=tel:1728825285' wrote: 1728825285[/url]']
advance wars sgt wrote:Justifying the death of brown lives for the sake of saving white ones just about sums up the issue with this discourse.

Y'all have really gone mask off, good lord.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-13#post-130104498

hmm

These white ones being Jewish people. But hey, not like they’ve gone through anything horrific at any point, right? Their white, though not all of them, so they can suck it up and deal with it!

Acting like these “white ones” are Christian people from the heart of Alabama or something.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-us-era-what-percentage-of-the-content-you-consume-comes-from-the-us.1008591/post-130111611
Quote:Sabretooth
He/Him/She/Her
In my list of played games, I keep a record of which country a developer is from. According to it, 33% of my played games come from the US.

TV is 0% as I exclusively watch anime.

Movies is 54% according to my Letterboxd.

Books I don't keep track of countries anymore because it doesn't seem right to box writers by nationality. That said, glancing through my list I'm gonna peg it at 40%ish more or less.
Anime Expert
(10-13-2024, 03:44 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-guardian-sudan-is-the-world%E2%80%99s-gravest-humanitarian-disaster-%E2%80%93-but-almost-nobody-cares.1008078/#post-130101291 wrote:
Neopeth wrote:You are bombarded with news about Palestine and Ukraine because the media is more invested in these narratives economically.

But the reason these economic incentives exist is because these two locations are fundamentally tied to Western foreign policy, culture, and vestigially-religious notions of colonialism and anti-communism.

You are never going to have a mainstream media apparatus in the West that gives a fuck about the African continent because the Western world has never given a fuck about the African continent beyond the materials and bodies it can steal to service its climate-altering lifestyle. It's a cycle: the media is informed by the base economic structure which in turn goes to reinforce the validity of that base.

In other words, people are already emotionally primed for Black people to die because Black people have been so thoroughly colonized by the West that our oppression seems natural. So a civil war of this magnitude might as well be a like a hurricane or an earthquake. Shit happens. Oh well. But the systemic nature of this apathy doesn't mean any one of us escapes complicity and culpability for that. You have the Internet. You are free to look up at any time what is going on within Africa on your own.

Blaming the "Western mainstream media apparatus" would make sense if none Western or non-mainstream media did care about Sudan or give it any coverage at all.
But nobody gives a fuck about Sudan in non-Western countries too, and no one gives a fuck about it in leftist or radical circles/media either - Because all of these bodies also have ideological and economical interests as well, and sadly Sudan doesn't fit into those.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-guardian-sudan-is-the-world%E2%80%99s-gravest-humanitarian-disaster-%E2%80%93-but-almost-nobody-cares.1008078/page-2#post-130108740 wrote:
Quote:Blaming the "Western mainstream media apparatus" would make sense if none Western or non-mainstream media did care about Sudan or give it any coverage at all.
The West not caring about Susan is not mutually exclusive from anyone else actively caring about it.

No one cares about Black people. This isn't a reminder I needed.

Huh, weirdly selective quoting to then not address the point of the person quoted, Boss

So can she explain why black people in America don't care either? I don't think it's as simple as plain racism
Sure thing, boss!

God, probably the worst of Dubs to him happened because some psycho used other extreme posters to drag his ass. While he lost his allies to his own incompetence when he invaded a Discord to get people band in an offsite forum.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(10-13-2024, 04:34 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-us-era-what-percentage-of-the-content-you-consume-comes-from-the-us.1008591/post-130111611
He/Him/She/Her
In my list of played games, I keep a record of which country a developer is from. According to it, 33% of my played games come from the US.

Books I don't keep track of countries anymore because it doesn't seem right to box writers by nationality. That said, glancing through my list I'm gonna peg it at 40%ish more or less.
Anime Expert

Imagine the smell of his room Kobeyuck
(10-13-2024, 04:34 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/non-us-era-what-percentage-of-the-content-you-consume-comes-from-the-us.1008591/post-130111611
He/Him/She/Her

Anime Expert

Wonder what their bluesky handle is and how often they post about unaliving themselves
As soon as I post everybody else stops posting 

There is a conspiracy  Existential
https://www.resetera.com/threads/october-has-apparently-become-the-month-of-romance-for-me.1008609/

TheEchosOfTheCyborg wrote:Okay I realize this is like the 4th-5th thread I've written about love in some form, I'm sorry (not sorry) and hope I haven't been bothering the mods for spamming ERA but I can't get it out of my head so I'm just going to write this.

I've written elsewhere I've been suffering from a depression spell, thankfully it's been easing up the past day and I've found that reading, watching, playing and look at wholesome wlw romance works has been incredibly helpful. Partly because it's help me realize how much I deeply want to be in a relationship with an amazing women but can't for many factors (fuck transphobia) so it's been helping fill a massive hole and also because just seeing other women happy helps me feel happy which has also been helping. I realize that may not make much sense to most here, but eh.

So yeah, October has been a month of romance for me and had actually forgot about Halloween (admittedly not helped by the fact I've barely seen anything Halloween related this year, like my local stores has a crap ton of Christmas stuff in comparison to Halloween stuff), which knowing how my brain works means it's always going to have that association to it. Fuck Valentine's Day, Halloween is the time of love... Except Vampires, stay away from me (don't find Vampires sexy and don't like my neck being touched).

Side Note: Massive thanks to every who recommended me wlw games (:

Apthrodite be with you ERA (:

Man, just jack off by yourself.
(10-13-2024, 11:37 AM)DocWager wrote: It’s been more than 24 hours, and Dubs hasn’t retaliated. Well boys, I’m done here. Nothing interesting will ever happen on Era, and honestly you’ve all served your purposes. I’m throwing you guys away. So pack it in, get as much as you want to keep to remember this place, and lock it up. Time for the grand closing of The Bire.

Will all be done on the discord
Echoes is just an incel. Not the angry kind. The sad kind
(10-13-2024, 03:52 AM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Princess Lesbian Fetish

Quote:One I thing I hate about the status quo of "representation" is that even a character like Ellie from The Last of Us isn't explicitly a lesbian. If there wasn't word of God saying so, there would be debates. In mainstream games (and media), there is so little Pride.

You are so fucking retarded. The developers and writers have said she IS A LESBIAN. What does she have to do, lick pussy in the game in an explicit way and/or on the show? Fuck off you pederast creep.

Fucking summer ants

GET THAT ASS BANNED
What the fuck. Ellie was as explicit as a lesbian as you can get without her breaking the fourth wall and screaming to the player "I AM A LESBIAN!". There's even a goddamn lesbian underwear makeout session between her and Dina. They're literally about to take off their clothes, presumably about to eat each other out, before they get interrupted by the asian dude.

With Ree posts I can usually gauge the point they're getting at, no matter how stupid or insane it may be, but this really feels like Bubblegum is just having a legitimate brain malfunction. Go to a doctor already.