Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(10-14-2024, 07:25 PM)benji wrote: For my boy on his big day (Indigenous People's Day):

I mean this is exactly what I'm talking about.  On today of all days.  OUR day.  The northern european anglo explorer (who relied on the physics calculations of female POCs, btw) is lauded as a cultural trailblazer and we get treated like we're cartoon characters.  Like Super Mario jumping through a painting and saying "lets a go".  yeah letsa go fuck yourself.  I'm so distraught that I can't even finish sprinkling the house in olive oil, as per tradition of columbus day.  And then you people are SUPRISED when Columbus lops off the hands of of natives and plays out the violence on them in the same language of violence was played out on him.  It's like you northern european crackers dont understand history.
Nep so black her unc slapped on a predatory loan to her car.

Sorry, listening to a book is way different than reading a book. Listening is passive. Amd half the time your ass is distracted by the yellow light turning red.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, killamajig
(10-14-2024, 09:32 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
(10-14-2024, 07:25 PM)benji wrote: For my boy on his big day (Indigenous People's Day):

I mean this is exactly what I'm talking about.  On today of all days.  OUR day.  The northern european anglo explorer (who relied on the physics calculations of female POCs, btw) is lauded as a cultural trailblazer and we get treated like we're cartoon characters.  Like Super Mario jumping through a painting and saying "lets a go".  yeah letsa go fuck yourself.  I'm so distraught that I can't even finish sprinkling the house in olive oil, as per tradition of columbus day.  And then you people are SUPRISED when Columbus lops off the hands of of natives and plays out the violence on them in the same language of violence was played out on him.  It's like you northern european crackers dont understand history.
[Image: sopranos-italiano.gif]
(10-14-2024, 09:17 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:08 PM)Nintex wrote:

Holy shit. Asmongold bringing the heat.

Hasan is doing straight up defense of Hamas and Hezbollah live. Like not even trying to hide it in the slightest.

Fucker is an absolute psycho and is probably on a terrorist watch list.

I don't like Asmongold at all but he's correct in this view on fundamentalism. Not painting every Palestinian person in the same brush though, I think that is too far.

Elon

All the radical left is doing with their nonsense is dragging gamers like Asmongold into the culture war. 
He doesn't really care but he is sort of forced to care by these people. However if you look at the situation for more than 5 minutes and you aren't retarded you can tell who the good and bad guys are and for gamers especially that is easy to figure out. 

Also despite the cancel pigs trying, the general consensus on X seems to be "Asmongold is based for saying what everyone else is thinking"

As for the inferior culture part, that is basically what any Arab, Turk, Chinaman, Indian, Russian, South Korean or whatever will tell you and worse.

1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-time-what-is-the-best-form-of-hashbrowns.1009512/

It must kill Fat4All that he can't reply to this thread with something like "dipped in cum!"

I thought Italians were not white?
3 users liked this post: Propagandhim, Taco Bell Tower, AnnoyedCanadian
(10-14-2024, 01:19 AM)Ribosome wrote: Also the COWARDS at Naughty Dog need to stop caving to conservatives and finally have Ellie be in a LOUD AND PROUD wlw relationship. 

No I never played the game, how did you know?

Ellie in Last of us 3

Titus
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(10-14-2024, 06:32 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
Quote:prove that a pretty, blonde-haired white woman had the potential to be an abuser too. And even then, that wasn't even as revelatory if you were non-white. Like, white women were also at the head of plantations; we've been known what y'all are capable of.

This is the most Nepenthe sentence ever.  lol

photo of nep:

[Image: w6N1LLT.png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-430#post-130172073

TheEchosOfTheCyborg wrote:Yep, that's been me very often.

Also semi related but would absolutely adore a Sapphic Fantasy Action RPG that was the right mixture of funny, campy, serious drama, fun action and sincerity where you're a canon lesbian or wlw kicking arse and can date and romance well developed women characters.

And also a 100% all-women fighting game where all the playable fighters are lesbian, bi and pan women with the same tone as above, with a dating sim aspect to the adventure story mode. All the fighters drawn and designed by women.

Or a Batwoman game that doesn't shy away from her sexuality (because unlike Batman, Kate Kane a superpower, the power of Sappho! (this is a personal in-joke, but yes all wlw are superheroines (: ).

Also both should have a tag team of seemingly elderly friendly old harmless married ladies who are really kickarse monster hunters who take down fascist pieces of shit!

Sorry for just spewing my fan fiction.
(10-14-2024, 09:59 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-430#post-130172073

TheEchosOfTheCyborg wrote:Yep, that's been me very often.

Also semi related but would absolutely adore a Sapphic Fantasy Action RPG that was the right mixture of funny, campy, serious drama, fun action and sincerity where you're a canon lesbian or wlw kicking arse and can date and romance well developed women characters.

And also a 100% all-women fighting game where all the playable fighters are lesbian, bi and pan women with the same tone as above, with a dating sim aspect to the adventure story mode. All the fighters drawn and designed by women.

Or a Batwoman game that doesn't shy away from her sexuality (because unlike Batman, Kate Kane a superpower, the power of Sappho! (this is a personal in-joke, but yes all wlw are superheroines (: ).

Also both should have a tag team of seemingly elderly friendly old harmless married ladies who are really kickarse monster hunters who take down fascist pieces of shit!

Sorry for just spewing my fan fiction.

Feeemales

[Image: FLdqkg.gif]
Nepenthe wrote:
Quote:When a coworker that was telling about their sexual abuse when I mentioned my own I got told "well at least it wasn't a guy" men being sexually assaulted by women is absolutely not seen as a big deal by many people.
I don't disagree with this, but my larger point was that the culture war nonsense was fueled less by trying to highlight the ability for men to be victimized, moreso that specifically it was that women could also be abusers. And of course some incidental nonsense that came out of that was basically some men retreating back into narratives of women being liars and crazy.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/f-d-signifier-how-did-we-let-johnny-depp-get-away-with-this.1009260/page-4

The fuck is Nepenthe talking about?

Guy: "Actually people told me my abuse wasn't so bad because at least it wasn't a guy"

Nepenthe: "I don't disagree but my point is that people cared too much about the trial highlighting that women can also be abusers.

Just... what? Wut Confused

That was his fucking point! How can you say "I don't disagree" and then disagree Rage
(10-14-2024, 09:44 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(10-14-2024, 01:19 AM)Ribosome wrote: Also the COWARDS at Naughty Dog need to stop caving to conservatives and finally have Ellie be in a LOUD AND PROUD wlw relationship. 

No I never played the game, how did you know?

Ellie in Last of us 3

Her husband is a trans man with children from a previous marriage, and she's a gold star lesbian. Rollsafe
(10-14-2024, 09:37 PM)DocWager wrote:

[Image: CRaINwt.png]

[Image: bukA7zM.png]
Oh wow, zionist and anglo names as far as the eye can see.  A veritable minstrel show, packaged just for a cracker ass audience at the expense of dangerous stereotypes.  Whenever you need to use our bodies for profit, you remember us, otherwise we're invisible.  We are the world's invisible children.  Like a prosciutto so finely cut you can see through it.   Face it, this is our "Song of the South" but unlike Song of the South, it isn't getting cancelled, it's moving UNITS to line pockets for the global north.  And nobody gives a fuck.  oh yes massa.  anything you say massa.   Absolutely suck my dick when you get a chance.
(10-14-2024, 09:44 PM)D3RANG3D wrote:

I thought Italians were not white?

I'm white when I want to complain about blacks, and i'm not white when I want to complain about you bitches ok?
Hamas Piker and Rat King Asmongold for the past couple of hours

[Image: _hI291.gif]
(10-14-2024, 10:05 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:37 PM)DocWager wrote:
(10-14-2024, 09:32 PM)Propagandhim wrote: I mean this is exactly what I'm talking about.  On today of all days.  OUR day.  The northern european anglo explorer (who relied on the physics calculations of female POCs, btw) is lauded as a cultural trailblazer and we get treated like we're cartoon characters.  Like Super Mario jumping through a painting and saying "lets a go".  yeah letsa go fuck yourself.  I'm so distraught that I can't even finish sprinkling the house in olive oil, as per tradition of columbus day.  And then you people are SUPRISED when Columbus lops off the hands of of natives and plays out the violence on them in the same language of violence was played out on him.  It's like you northern european crackers dont understand history.

[Image: CRaINwt.png]

[Image: bukA7zM.png]
Oh wow, zionist and anglo names as far as the eye can see.  A veritable minstrel show, packaged just for a cracker ass audience at the expense of dangerous stereotypes.  Whenever you need to use our bodies for profit, you remember us, otherwise we're invisible.  We are the world's invisible children.  Like a prosciutto so finely cut you can see through it.   Face it, this is our "Song of the South" but unlike Song of the South, it isn't getting cancelled, it's moving UNITS to line pockets for the global north.  And nobody gives a fuck.  oh yes massa.  anything you say massa.   Absolutely suck my dick when you get a chance.

We need to discuss in the Discord about how to bait people into a ban here on The Bire.
Two cheeks of the same sweaty arse

The streamer gurn off, that is
Hey I learned that Italians aren't white from Africans when they were going around killing YT's in Africa to not shoot Italians because they are not huite! Educate yourself!
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Propagandhim, AnnoyedCanadian
(10-14-2024, 10:11 PM)D3RANG3D wrote: Hey I learned that Italians aren't white from Africans when they were going around killing YT's in Africa to not shoot Italians because they are not huite! Educate yourself!

I think I mentioned this before, but that's from Africa Addio, and the English dub just adds that out of nowhere.  The original dialogue doesn't have it.  lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130145769
Quote: Cop User banned (5 days): Metacommentary; Misrepresenting moderation
get2sammyb wrote:That's a really horrifying read. It really puts into perspective how unhinged the ResetEra thread was, where you basically weren't allowed to even suggest this acquisition may not be a good idea.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130146186
Quote: Cop User banned (3 days): Misrepresenting moderation, metacommentary
cvbas wrote:
GamerEDM wrote:It just seems the anti-acquisition crowd seems to be more vocal latley and I dont know why that is .
maybe because now you can actually express your opinion without being dogpiled by dozens of posters and getting a threadban

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130146261
Quote: Cop User banned (3 days): Metacommentary and trolling over multiple posts, prior bans for same behavior
Gavalanche wrote:
GamerEDM wrote:Honestly I dont think much has changed I think people who were pro acquisition still are like myself. It just seems the anti-acquisition crowd seems to be more vocal latley and I dont know why that is .
Because we feel validation to a certain degree. Because the things we have said would happen happened. And we can also speak up without being ass pummeled into oblivion. Not that that really stopped me before, but it helps,

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-2#post-130146513
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): Console war metacommentary, prior bans and warnings for same behavior
JDazzle wrote:
get2sammyb wrote:That's a really horrifying read. It really puts into perspective how unhinged the ResetEra thread was, where you basically weren't allowed to even suggest this acquisition may not be a good idea.
I've found that posting anything even slightly negative in a MS thread will lead to a temp ban... even stating that BG3 didn't release on XBox at launch because of MS instead of Larian which was proven by MS AND Larian at that time.

There is at least one MS zealot that is going around reporting a lot of people thinking others are trying to start a console war. You'll find lots of bans in a MS/XBox thread because of this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-2#post-130146582
The_Cresta_Man wrote:
Exactly every time I would enter that thread it was just corporate cheerleading to an uncomfortable degree, with any dissent being forced out as " console warring"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-5#post-130157610
Quote: Cop User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory commentary
Captain of Outer Space wrote:
criteriondog wrote:It was crazy, especially for this forum. People posted absolutely insane posts about the FTC and other anti-gov't roles all because they were pushing back on one of the largest acquisitions ever, because it would have interfered in more Gamepass games.
I'd have thought this was a Trumper forum based on that thread alone.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-6#post-130164297
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Accusations of schilling; antagonistic behavior towards another member
Fortinbras wrote:
g-m1n1 wrote:The deal ended up being better for PS console warriors than it did for the Xbox fans.
Xbox is going full multiplat now, thanks to the ABK purchase.
Yep, Pushsquare dude on the first page can be happy that the platform he's shilling for is getting more games now than before.

In a way it looks like it killed the Xbox as a console so Sony console warriors can stop pretending the acquisition was bad for them.

I was against this acquisition from the beginning, simply because it wouldn't have added any value for me, as a player, in the Xbox eco system at all. I don't care about their games, never did.

However what I did expect were layoffs/human cost and price increases as well as some kind of enshitification of Game Pass.

That's why the acquisition was terrible.

In the end I don't know if MS suits think that this was a good idea. On the one hand they're shouting from the rooftops that they're having their biggest MAUs and the highest amount of players in the eco system ever, on the other hand they've proven time and time again, that what they're saying isn't necessarily true.
It was truly an enlightening watch!

Spoiler:  (click to show)
SCIENCE! Success Dead
a reetard actually managed to make something neat 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2784620/ROGUE_FLIGHT/
(10-14-2024, 10:17 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130145769
Quote: Cop User banned (5 days): Metacommentary; Misrepresenting moderation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130146186
cvbas wrote:
GamerEDM wrote:It just seems the anti-acquisition crowd seems to be more vocal latley and I dont know why that is .
maybe because now you can actually express your opinion without being dogpiled by dozens of posters and getting a threadban

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/#post-130146261
Quote: Cop User banned (3 days): Metacommentary and trolling over multiple posts, prior bans for same behavior
Gavalanche wrote:
GamerEDM wrote:Honestly I dont think much has changed I think people who were pro acquisition still are like myself. It just seems the anti-acquisition crowd seems to be more vocal latley and I dont know why that is .
Because we feel validation to a certain degree. Because the things we have said would happen happened. And we can also speak up without being ass pummeled into oblivion. Not that that really stopped me before, but it helps,

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-2#post-130146513
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): Console war metacommentary, prior bans and warnings for same behavior
JDazzle wrote:
I've found that posting anything even slightly negative in a MS thread will lead to a temp ban... even stating that BG3 didn't release on XBox at launch because of MS instead of Larian which was proven by MS AND Larian at that time.

There is at least one MS zealot that is going around reporting a lot of people thinking others are trying to start a console war. You'll find lots of bans in a MS/XBox thread because of this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-2#post-130146582
The_Cresta_Man wrote:
Exactly every time I would enter that thread it was just corporate cheerleading to an uncomfortable degree, with any dissent being forced out as " console warring"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-5#post-130157610
Quote: Cop User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory commentary
Captain of Outer Space wrote:
criteriondog wrote:It was crazy, especially for this forum. People posted absolutely insane posts about the FTC and other anti-gov't roles all because they were pushing back on one of the largest acquisitions ever, because it would have interfered in more Gamepass games.
I'd have thought this was a Trumper forum based on that thread alone.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-its-been-12-months-since-microsoft-purchased-activision-blizzard-so-whats-changed.1008915/page-6#post-130164297
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): Accusations of schilling; antagonistic behavior towards another member
Fortinbras wrote:
g-m1n1 wrote:The deal ended up being better for PS console warriors than it did for the Xbox fans.
Xbox is going full multiplat now, thanks to the ABK purchase.
Yep, Pushsquare dude on the first page can be happy that the platform he's shilling for is getting more games now than before.

In a way it looks like it killed the Xbox as a console so Sony console warriors can stop pretending the acquisition was bad for them.

I was against this acquisition from the beginning, simply because it wouldn't have added any value for me, as a player, in the Xbox eco system at all. I don't care about their games, never did.

However what I did expect were layoffs/human cost and price increases as well as some kind of enshitification of Game Pass.

That's why the acquisition was terrible.

In the end I don't know if MS suits think that this was a good idea. On the one hand they're shouting from the rooftops that they're having their biggest MAUs and the highest amount of players in the eco system ever, on the other hand they've proven time and time again, that what they're saying isn't necessarily true.
I’ve seen bans like this in the past, and my reaction is the same then, as it is now… These are boring ass posts that the mods have deemed to be too hostile. How boring of a person do you have to be to ban such mild comments. Back in the day mods would wait until somebody got goaded into losing it before they banned a poster.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-game-freak-leak-happening-right-now-update-statement-from-game-freak-see-threadmarks.1008315/page-46#post-130158660

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 Month): Concern Trolling over a Series of Posts
Aizen-S-Kennedy wrote:Did he say anything about his co-star's fake black accent?? Or is that not a big deal to him?? I assume she will be in Shang Chi 2 with zero push back from him. Can't take any race talk seriously then.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/biden-administration-no-longer-supporting-an-immediate-ceasefire-in-lebanon.1005735/page-13#post-130114206

Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusations toward other members
Grudy wrote:if anyone is deluded into thinking any of these posters trying to argue for Harris actually care about Palestinians or Lebanese, or that they will turn around after Harris is elected and support the cause after the elections instead of ignoring the issue until the midterms, just take a look at the I/P thread or Lebanon thread and see how much people care. It's literally a handful of people keeping those threads alive as the IDF starves over 400,000 gazans in the north the last 10 days.
(10-14-2024, 09:01 PM)DocWager wrote:
(10-14-2024, 08:13 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: IT'S MAIN EVENT TIME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

THE RAT KING ASMONGOLD VS HAMAS PIKER

https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-412#post-130166823

[Image: AobQDNI4K7a4U.webp]

Hulkamania >>>>>>>> Macho Madness

3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, AnnoyedCanadian
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-game-freak-leak-happening-right-now-update-statement-from-game-freak-see-threadmarks.1008315/page-46#post-130158660

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanently): Troll Account
bcrii wrote:
Big One wrote:As someone who has family and is in a relationship with a SA victim, you can fuck off with this take. I'm sorry, but stories about rape even if "mythological" in nature are just going to trigger some people and make them extremely uncomfortable. It doesn't help to that the stories don't really frame things in a negative light either. Pokemon isn't a series written back in ancient times, it was written in the late 90's/early 00's and modern sensibilities are not only going to come into play here in writing them (which they do, considering none of the stories have any sort of prose to them that suggests they're written like an ancient author wrote them), but how people react to them as art.

To be fair none of this stuff was meant to see the light of day but there's nothing wrong with people's reaction to this in the slightest.
🤣🤣🤣
lol
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
[Image: pepe-listening-to-music.gif]
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, AnnoyedCanadian
Dinoric, post: 130090770, member: 23980 wrote:Surely when a mod has been acting this way shouldn't they be removed from the moderation team?

IrishNinja, post: 130120839, member: 9923 wrote:this would absolutely be my expectation at this point, really hoping we don't just sweep it under the rug for a few days and pretend nothing happened, because that pattern absolutely led here

criteriondog, post: 130163958, member: 9843 wrote:Quite outrageous indeed, only to edit and remove it, meanwhile regular users will get hit for things far less severe.

Vertpin, post: 130164042, member: 11045 wrote:Jesus Christ B-Dubs. The staff should remove him from the mod team and as “general manager”. Countless times again and again he acts high and mighty and anyone else would get the ban hammer. I’m amazed by how disrespectful and rude he acts towards the community, especially in the constructive community thread. Wtf.

HK-48, post: 130165323, member: 90031 wrote:I agree. went way beyond the pale. Anyone else would get perma banned for that. A general manager shouldn't be acting in any way like that, so aggressive, there really is no need or excuse

kmfdmpig, post: 130166682, member: 4043 wrote:I had a boss that cursed me out, wrongly, in front of coworkers once and it sucked. I don't think anyone working here should have to put up with that, particularly when many are working here for free.

Inmates getting antsy Popcorn