Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
I call my missus mom  Social Justice Warrior 2
How do you even start explaining this to other people so it makes sense. There are so many layers to it  Mindblown 

I can talk to a few peeps about the Sweet Baby Inc. stuff and internet drama in media and gaming but how do you explain something or someone as crazy as Nepenthe.
So...era dismissing concerns about mass rape, eradicating Israeli Jews because they're not indigenous and then hiding it.

Evilore only did the shower thing, which not a good thing by any means, but just the one relatively mild assault and he had the dignity of not doing it on international women's day.

So uh, why keep posting on era as if it is some moral high ground? Lulz
Wow, I just saw a clip where last night WWE wrestler, Roman Reigns, called another fellow wrestler a cross dresser, and the WWE “Containment Thread” didn’t have a thousand pages complaining about it. In fact nobody brought it.
lol at them very begrudgingly banning Chief Malik for 1 month for the Israel comment (a comment they all previously cleared) like that solves the issue
(03-09-2024, 11:42 AM)Pwnz wrote: So...era dismissing concerns about mass rape, eradicating Israeli Jews because they're not indigenous and then hiding it.

Evilore only did the shower thing, which not a good thing by any means, but just the one relatively mild assault and he had the dignity of not doing it on international women's day.

So uh, why keep posting on era as if it is some moral high ground? Lulz

One day Nep's sex crimes will be exposed. That dwarven beast has been Weinsteining Crufts for decades.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-148?post=120251967#post-120251967

Goat Mimicry wrote:
plagiarize wrote:I believe this community is what it is at least in part because of moderation, not inspite of it.

You know what? If you mean the site at large, you're absolutely, 100% correct here…

…because it's become a hotbed of antisemitism, and it's nice to see at least one of you take credit for that even if you didn't mean to.

People can freely use Zionist as a slur, say Israel shouldn't exist, and blame the collective nation of Jewish people for genocide, without more than a slap on the wrist (if even that). And why is that?

Because enough of the staff don't think it's worth actioning seriously.

Because enough of you agree with it.

And that has allowed a certain mindset to seep into thread after thread, no matter how tangentially related. That is very much on you lot.

Whoo

They're not letting up, I think plagiarize is going to have to quadruple-down soon
(03-09-2024, 07:02 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote: Wondering if we have someone from their discord browsing here, or coincidentally found her same “hidden” Twitter lol

It's not me, but there are probably several that browse here and don't talk about it because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.

Its funny because the consensus of eras admins is largely aligning with bore just a bit more polite but the same beliefs.

There's also more and more era spinoffs that I'm becoming aware of like iconera
Quote:because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.
Is it tho?

Quote:Its funny because the consensus of eras admins is largely aligning with bore just a bit more polite but the same beliefs.
Is it tho?
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, PogiJones, Taco Bell Tower
(03-09-2024, 12:28 PM)Tycoon Padre wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-148?post=120251967#post-120251967

Goat Mimicry wrote:
plagiarize wrote:I believe this community is what it is at least in part because of moderation, not inspite of it.

You know what? If you mean the site at large, you're absolutely, 100% correct here…

…because it's become a hotbed of antisemitism, and it's nice to see at least one of you take credit for that even if you didn't mean to.

People can freely use Zionist as a slur, say Israel shouldn't exist, and blame the collective nation of Jewish people for genocide, without more than a slap on the wrist (if even that). And why is that?

Because enough of the staff don't think it's worth actioning seriously.

Because enough of you agree with it.

And that has allowed a certain mindset to seep into thread after thread, no matter how tangentially related. That is very much on you lot.

Whoo

They're not letting up, I think plagiarize is going to have to quadruple-down soon

That mod will be “on a break” before the weekend is out
(03-09-2024, 12:42 PM)Nintex wrote:
Quote:because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.
Is it tho?

Quote:Its funny because the consensus of eras admins is largely aligning with bore just a bit more polite but the same beliefs.
Is it tho?

Well you all both had like 600 messages all night about this lol.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(03-09-2024, 12:34 PM)Pwnz wrote: It's not me, but there are probably several that browse here and don't talk about it because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.
[Image: NPVriTB.png]
(03-09-2024, 04:23 AM)Straight Edge wrote:
Quote:Morrigan
Quote:Idealized version of myself

[Image: 20240308185059_1.jpg?ex=65fe2284&is=65eb...fb5878c3b&]

[Image: Qh2ugDQ.png]
Culex wrote:I'm penning a message to the owners at MOBA, just to share my disappointment. I'm not going to call out anyone, more a formal stream of consciousness. I just hope it doesn't land in said site admins box.
Whew  Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
(03-09-2024, 01:25 PM)benji wrote:
(03-09-2024, 12:34 PM)Pwnz wrote: It's not me, but there are probably several that browse here and don't talk about it because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.
[Image: NPVriTB.png]

Poliera:
Sickos

Bore:
Zack Snyder's Sickos (Batman edition) 

RedDogThang
Sickos (furry edition)

Life is a flat circle
Bumped a 4 year old thread to rub it in their faces that Avellone was found not guilty, perma banned. 

Lag41 wrote:I apologize for being so late to the party, I see so many negative comments, I wonder how many people here regret the comments they made, knowing the allegations were nothing but lies because Karissa couldn't handle being rejected by Chris. If the question came across as mean spirited or evil, it's because I despise how quick Techland not only fired Chris, but also gutted their game, and all for nothing too. I'm sure you're all mad too, but I'm really just curious about how many of you wish you could take back what you said.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/techland-games-dying-light-2-cuts-ties-with-chris-avellone-after-sexual-harassment-allegations.233179/?post=120251724#post-120251724

And then some users found out that he was in fact innocent via this lol 

FF seraphim wrote:Wait wait wait, this probably should be its own thread. Wtf a 7 figure settlement? What in the nine hells happened here?
Did he have good evidence against his accusers?

AcademicSaucer wrote:from how smug all the other replies since the necro are I thought he was guilty.

lmao

this plagarize post is so goated
Sometimes I think maybe it’d be fun to join the next iteration of resetera and talk to these people about games or media etc. and then posts come along to remind us while the mods are awful, the people that post there are what earned it the name retardEra. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-you-used-to-enjoy-re-watching-but-no-longer-do-because-someone-involved-has-been-exposed-as-a-piece-of-shit.825369/

internet rabbit wrote:I can't even watch Transphobe Dave's comedy show anymore, which has some really solid bits! Unfortunately starting to get that way with Mr Show (my beloved) whenever Sarah Silverman is involved

whiterabbitexe wrote:Potter. The movies especially sting - there's so much there beyond just her (Azkaban is *so* good), but it's irreparably tainted. Fuckin' sucks she's using that money to do so much harm.

teriyaki blues wrote:The most recent one for me is probably gonna be Hazbin Hotel and all other things made by vizziepop. Turns out the person whose creation abbreviates down to the double h is either a Nazi or really loves Nazis, which makes you a Nazi in my books.

Zonic wrote:Stopped watching ProJared due to all the controversy that happened in 2019 as well, even if it sounds like parts of it weren't his fault, if I understand correctly. Still doesn't excuse the fact his divorce was made public & VERY messy, on top of the other stuff.

Stuff like this shows such a lack of media literacy/maturity. It really is a site for autistic weirdos to larp at being activists.
Quote:I can't even watch Transphobe Dave's comedy show anymore
because it's largely sane but genuine left to center leftists.

Quote:Potter. The movies especially sting - there's so much there beyond just her (Azkaban is *so* good), but it's irreparably tainted.

Quote:Turns out the person whose creation abbreviates down to the double h is either a Nazi or really loves Nazis, which makes you a Nazi in my books.

Quote:Stopped watching ProJared due to all the controversy that happened in 2019 as well, even if it sounds like parts of it weren't his fault

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oo4p49t1qjg0ow26wm...y.gif&ct=g]
FF_Seraphim wrote:Wait wait wait, this probably should be its own thread. Wtf a 7 figure settlement? What in the nine hells happened here?
Did he have good evidence against his accusers?

I wonder why there were not threads about it.  Thinking
Quote:Some questions for B-Dubs and his fellow staff members regarding the allegations made on the previous page:

Is it true that the site Admin believes that Israel should no longer exist? Yes or no?
    If they do hold the position that Israel should no longer exist, I would be grateful if they could come in here and explain their stance.
    If they don't hold the position that Israel should no longer exist, then the Admin in question (or a fellow staff member) should probably clarify their position before the allegations become toxic.
    Lastly, is the belief that Israel should no longer exist held by any other members of staff? If so, are B-Dubs and the site owners aware of this? And are they happy for staff member(s) to hold this stance on Israel?

Thank-you in advance for any clarity you may be able to provide on the above points.

Fucking get in there Nep. Those scruffy anoraks are taking liberties now. Time to girl boss the fuck out of them.
RE just goddamn loves to talk about things they used to love but now have to hate

(03-09-2024, 02:07 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
teriyaki blues wrote:The most recent one for me is probably gonna be Hazbin Hotel and all other things made by vizziepop. Turns out the person whose creation abbreviates down to the double h is either a Nazi or really loves Nazis, which makes you a Nazi in my books.

I don't watch the show so I don't know what they're talking about but it kept popping up in my Twitter timeline because some culture warriors were mad that it depicts Christianity in a weird way, so I find it amusing that it now also gets cancelled from the other end
https://www.resetera.com/threads/techland-games-dying-light-2-cuts-ties-with-chris-avellone-after-sexual-harassment-allegations.233179/page-2?post=120253509#post-120253509

JuniperAndSage wrote:He repeatedly sued them across multiple states till they ran out of money and gave up. The number of people who seemingly understand how settlements work re: Nintendo, but not this kind of case, is wild.
Thinking

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vic-mignogna-lawsuit-ot-hold-my-beard-update-appeal-lost-mignogna-must-pay-attorney-fees-to-defendants.94896/

Chris Avellone with that Nintendo money. Awesome
(03-09-2024, 02:15 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: RE just goddamn loves to talk about things they used to love but now have to hate

(03-09-2024, 02:07 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

I don't watch the show so I don't know what they're talking about but it kept popping up in my Twitter timeline because some culture warriors were mad that it depicts Christianity in a weird way, so I find it amusing that it now also gets cancelled from the other end

The show was already getting a ton of hate from leftists because the fan favorite character that was basically “Bender if he was a unfunny demon slut” was revealed to be a Sexual Abuse survivor in the series proper. 

The pilot was terrible, so I didn’t watch the series (musicals and tumblr humor is not for me).
maledict wrote:Sorry to derail a bit, but this attitude really doesn't stand up to any scrutiny, especially when it comes with a huge amount of smug "I'm better than you all" attitude.

Separating the art from the artist is principally about dead people. It's about understanding the historical context of figures in our past, and how we can split the creator from the creation, That is wildly different to supporting the works of a living artist who is actively engaged in discrimination. Everytime you buy or watch a Harry Potter product, you are directly contributing towards anti-trans activity, and funding. You are giving your money to hurt trans people. Same with Orson Scott Card and gay people.

All you are effectively saying is "My own pleasures matter more than the lives of people different to me". Not reading a book or watching a film is one of the easiest sacrifices it's possible to make in our lives, and yet you act like its a moral sin to *not* give money to bigots. This isn't an election where someone has to win, it's not like someone has a gun to your head. Just *don't give money to racists and bigots*.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-you-used-to-enjoy-re-watching-but-no-longer-do-because-someone-involved-has-been-exposed-as-a-piece-of-shit.825369/page-3?post=120253491#post-120253491

Like this for example, what are they talking about? The idea of separating the artist and the art has nothing to do with them being dead, “the artist is dead” post modernist thinking wasn’t literally dead, it was saying that the value and meaning found in art doesn’t come from the creator but instead what the reader/viewer/consumer finds in it. IE that the work itself isn’t inherently art, but only art when someone finds it to be art. 

Edit: and the original ideas of “separating the art from the artist” comes from “new criticism” of the 1920s where the idea was that a work must be timeless and enjoyable by anyone from any time period for it to be truly good, IE separated from its creator it should stand on its own. Again, nothing to do with death of the author in a literal sense. 

God these people are fucking retarded.
(03-09-2024, 07:22 AM)benji wrote:
(03-09-2024, 07:20 AM)BIONIC wrote: Benji, screenshot those nep tweets before they get memory holed!
I did last year, along with some others she made about anti-colonialism, I just never made a page for them.

[Image: QLYjZNl.png]
Quote:Everytime you buy or watch a Harry Potter product, you are directly contributing towards anti-trans activity, and funding.

Truly amazing how this has become the only accepted truth when there aren't any records of J.K. Rowling doing this
(03-09-2024, 06:33 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-147?post=120248337#post-120248337

Gloomy we will never know the poliera discord drama..

BabyDontHurtMe wrote:Discord is great if you could jibe with the community but I couldn't in the PoliERA one for reasons I prefer not to share.

Kinvara wrote:On the contrary, I highly recommend that people join the Discord because while no community is perfect at least in the Discord when a user repeatedly denied that sexual assaults occurred on October 7. They were banned.
(03-09-2024, 02:51 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
Quote:Everytime you buy or watch a Harry Potter product, you are directly contributing towards anti-trans activity, and funding.

Truly amazing how this has become the only accepted truth when there aren't any records of J.K. Rowling doing this

Literally all based on this joke tweet 

shiba5 wrote:Get ready for all the sales mile stone threads because you know they are coming. We aren't people. We are just objects who should enjoy being ogled. "Unapologetic". What would it be like to live in a world where men had to shut up and take being treated like meat?

Like the weird thirst posts women can make about men on the site without being banned? 

Foot wrote:That's exactly what I thought of haha, the gloating sales threads.

And if that picture posted earlier is anything to go by the skin suit is ridiculously UN-sexy! It's repulsive! These people don't care if something is actually "sexy" in a way that's nice to look at, just that it's objectifying.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-334?post=120255720#post-120255720

Social Justice Warrior 2