Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(03-10-2024, 08:33 PM)benji wrote:
(03-10-2024, 08:28 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Benji should create PoliEra.net and give them a forum.  Money
There was one, like back when Kirblar got demodded and then banned or so. They immediately locked it to outside viewers and I think it eventually broke up from infighting too.

We need the new posters! Think about it. Pull PoliEra here, get them comfortable, maybe invite more and more people, then sell the forum and make some cash. Think of your bank account, Benji.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe
B dumbs locking the poli era chat lol 

b dumbs wrote:This thread is being locked for now. Members of staff have been specifically targeted by off-site harassers and we have reason to believe that members of the discord of this community may have taken part. If we find that any member of this community has in any way taken part in any harassment campaigns, which includes doxxing and target harassment they will be permanently banned with no repercussions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120300831#post-120300831
Bdumbs finally figured out he should close the thread. 

Quote:This thread is being locked for now. Members of staff have been specifically targeted by off-site harassers and we have reason to believe that members of the discord of this community may have taken part. If we find that any member of this community has in any way taken part in any harassment campaigns, which includes doxxing and target harassment they will be permanently banned with no repercussions.

Badass
"permanently banned with no repercussions" what a fucking dipshit
(03-10-2024, 08:35 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: We need the new posters! Think about it. Pull PoliEra here, get them comfortable, maybe invite more and more people, then sell the forum and make some cash. Think of your bank account, Benji.
Pussies wouldn't be able to handle Nintex just like some other unnamed "progressives" who think the answer to everything is more cops. But that's none of my business...
What would a permanent ban with repercussions look like?
"Please ban Nintex"
"No. Call them a bitch and move on."

True freedom of speech. Bore NUMBER ONE.  Juche
5 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Nintex, MJBarret, kaleidoscopium, Potato
Oh shit!!!

bdumbs wrote:I am reaching out to the people who run the discord as we speak. Expect a PM.

Rofl
Consequences will NEVER be the same  ufup

Send Benji a PM too dickhead
RiotHEY HEY! HO HO! NEO NAZI NEP HAS GOT TO GO!
2 users liked this post: kaleidoscopium, Potato
Quote:permanently banned with no repercussions

Wut
B-dubs wrote:I am not playing around here.

It was Tuesday!
(03-10-2024, 08:33 PM)benji wrote:
(03-10-2024, 08:28 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Benji should create PoliEra.net and give them a forum.  Money
There was one, like back when Kirblar got demodded and then banned or so. They immediately locked it to outside viewers and I think it eventually broke up from infighting too.

Shocked Pikachu

Shocked I am that infighting caused yet another PoliEra offshoot to break up. 

That would never happen to theboredotcom
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Genocide Joe, Gameboy Nostalgia
I don't get it, that one dude writes a whole post about how important Nepenthe is and how much there is to learn from her. Then me and this other guy try to help spread more of Nepenthe's wisdom to people and suddenly it's a whole thing.
The people who run the Discord need to not be pussies and tell him to fuck off. You don't comply with the fucking cops.
Wait. Is Pwnz in danger for posting here now?  Stahp
4 users liked this post: LoverOfCycles, Taco Bell Tower, Potato, kaleidoscopium
B-Dud's problem is he thinks we are instigators, instead of the peanut gallery spectating. Sickos (Batman edition)
While B-dubs is dealing with all this drama another mod asks the more important question.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-necromancers-summoners-or-conjurers.825765/

Slayven wrote:I was just wondering. I can see an arguement for both sides. Cause in most causes they are jsut animating the dead, but super rarely they bring back an actual spirit.

Conjurer- someone that makes something with pure magic

Summoner- Someone that uses magic to bring something from another place
Captain, your orders are to fire on the protestors and if you do not comply, we have your family  Esports
Punished B-Dumbs is NOT playing around STFU
GoldenEye 007, post: 120301248, member: 311 wrote:Interesting the staff response continues to be to ignore the anti-semitism. While mischaracterizing the situation and doing everything possible to deflect.

Doxxing has a specific definition and requires the inclusion of personal information. Someone finding a public twitter account where extreme anti-semitism was being posted while an admin on a site where anti-Semitic action isn’t treated that seriously is a major issue. No specific admins have even been confirmed let alone anything close to personally identifiable information. Staff’s actions at least do confirm the posts in question was and is a current staff member. Posts specifically about Jews needing to leave Israel and/or cede control of Israel to others.

It is predictable, but disappointing. And again, can’t forget that the very same off-site investigation is being used by staff to hunt down members as staff used to justify banning members who never posted anything from any place other than public twitter links.

I predict an early demise in this man’s future Putin
When the only tool in your chest is a banhammer, every problem starts to look like a PoliEra member.

When the only tool in your chest is a she-cock, every problem starts to look like a woman.

When the only tool in your chest is a swastika, every problem starts to look like a Jew.

Keep it going
(03-10-2024, 08:37 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: B dumbs locking the poli era chat lol 

b dumbs wrote:This thread is being locked for now. Members of staff have been specifically targeted by off-site harassers and we have reason to believe that members of the discord of this community may have taken part. If we find that any member of this community has in any way taken part in any harassment campaigns, which includes doxxing and target harassment they will be permanently banned with no repercussions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-158?post=120300831#post-120300831

That they always do the dumbest possible thing is sort of a given at this point, but given the 984 reasons they could have used to lock the PoliEra thread, B-Dubs chooses to go with "I'm locking this thread because we're super pissed about something people are doing offsite and people who 'belong to the discord of this community' may be involved." So now they're going to subpoena records from the discord mods or whatever to see if there's any punishment they can mete out locally.

This is the most cop shit to ever cop, and I hope the discord mods tell B-dubs to stuff it with his PMs. He can have access to their privileged communications when they get access to Era staff comms.
Bug 
(03-10-2024, 08:51 PM)Besticus Maximus wrote: Captain, your orders are to fire on the protestors and if you do not comply, we have your family  Esports

Live footage of PoliEra

2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, kaleidoscopium
Funny thing is Bdubs is bending over backwards to placate her, but Nepenthe literally hates him because of who his mom and dad were
The bans have begun.

GoldenEye 007 is hit.

Edit:

zethren banned, name deleted.
(03-10-2024, 08:47 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: The people who run the Discord need to not be pussies and tell him to fuck off. You don't comply with the fucking cops.
(03-10-2024, 08:53 PM)nobody of note wrote: This is the most cop shit to ever cop, and I hope the discord mods tell B-dubs to stuff it with his PMs. He can have access to their privileged communications when they get access to Era staff comms.
I don't even need to say it because you know it's guaranteed they'll be banned if they don't comply.
These posts are between 9 and 2 minutes old in constructive. All three now have been permabanned for
Quote: User Banned (permanent): justifying harassment and doxxing of staff

GoldenEye wrote:Interesting the staff response continues to be to ignore the anti-semitism. While mischaracterizing the situation and doing everything possible to deflect.

Doxxing has a specific definition and requires the inclusion of personal information. Someone finding a public twitter account where extreme anti-semitism was being posted while an admin on a site where anti-Semitic action isn't treated that seriously is a major issue. No specific admins have even been confirmed let alone anything close to personally identifiable information. Staff's actions at least do confirm the posts in question was and is a current staff member. Posts specifically about Jews needing to leave Israel and/or cede control of Israel to others.

It is predictable, but disappointing. And again, can't forget that the very same off-site investigation is being used by staff to hunt down members as staff used to justify banning members who never posted anything from any place other than public twitter links.

Edit: I just wish the same zeal was used in stamping out anti-semitism on this forum.
NotSoNeat wrote:An appropriate response is needed fast. This is only making the moderators look worse and worse
FuzzyWuzzy wrote:Yeah ignoring the antisemitism and valid criticism paired with a reaction that doesn't exactly look good from the outside is frustrating.

Holy shit and this morning I thought the tempo was slowing and things were dying down. Keep it up, staff. You're doing great.

B-Dubs wrote:A member of my staff's home was posted on a harassment site and your discord refuses to even try and clean house. To get rid of the most toxic shitlords who are driving this. Instead of that you sit there and justify doxxing and personal threats.

There's a response written up, policy changes all ready to go, fucking fault being admitted and apologies written. But instead now we have to deal with doxxing and targeted harassment.

Is this the discord getting clipped for the picture posted here?
B Dubs wrote:I am not playing around here.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2024-ot-1-doom-eternal.800787/page-159?post=120301050#post-120301050

Remember when B Dubs revealed that he has dark thoughts he wrestles with? Think the demon is coming out lol
So posting public Twitter accounts is "doxxing" now?