Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(04-11-2024, 09:39 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Gay Bowser wrote:Right. And the whole vision for the series is a "realistic" medieval game, which is often used as a sort of dog whistle for all sorts of things like not including minorities when, historically, there were people of color in medieval Europe.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhorse-the-studio-behind-kingdom-come-deliverance-will-announce-their-new-game-on-april-18th-at-20-cest.841992/page-2?post=121582794#post-121582794

And they’ve still failed to ever find an example in history of a black person being in rural Bohemia in this time period. Very odd they still want to die on this hill

https://scitani.gov.cz/ethnicity#:~:text=Czech%20ethnicity%20was%20declared%20by,were%20the%20most%20frequently%20declared

It's hard enough to find a black person in the Czech Republic today let alone in mediaeval times

https://www.enar-eu.org/wp-content/uploads/fs_people_of_african_descent_final.pdf

Quote:4,288 people of African descent are reported to live in the Czech Republic, representing 1% of the migrant population
(04-11-2024, 09:49 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(04-11-2024, 09:17 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: No guillotine gifs? No screams of eat the rich? I guess it's all fantasy talk for resetera until someone actually does it.
Quote:Fuck billionaires and fuck the death penalty.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vietnam-property-tycoon-truong-my-lan-sentenced-to-death-in-whopping-27-billion-fraud-case.841311/post-121583427

Cool

They're cowards. They finally have a real life equivalent of what they want happening in modern day and can't stand by their convictions.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
I guess if they said how they really felt though the hypocritical moderation would ban them so they need to do their weekly purity test.  lol
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(04-11-2024, 09:31 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I thought that it's okay to support bigoted terrorists because it's not about good or evil, it's about stopping genocide by any means. You can be LGBTQIA for Palestine, even if Islam is against the practice of homosexuality or transgenderism because being a humanist means you must be against genocide no matter what. If the Houthi's are pushing for a free Palestine then, yes, they are an ally to the protest no matter what B-dubs says.

Stop gate keeping a free Palestine.

It still amazes me that despite the fact that we have space ships, self driving cars and even AI, we still have to appease the pedo warlord from the year 610 and his followers.
Today Muhammad wouldn't be a prophet but a common redditor.

And saying this is probably a hate crime Trumps
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/

BDumbs wrote:In honestly, I was a bit surprised to see this grifter/bigot get written about in a major newspaper like this. People like him have been taking advantage of people's anger in the wake of the Gaza invasion, taking their anger and not only enriching themselves but attempting to create a new version of the alt right pipeline and grow support for fascists and authoritarians both abroad and at home.

Hinkle is far from the only one doing this, he's just the most masks off about it. There's dozens and dozens of these assholes all over social media, all of them dressing themselves up in the rhetoric of the left, pretending to take up legitimate causes, in order to push people more toward the assholes of the world.

What I'm saying is this: for the love of god, don't just believe everything you see on social media. These influencers are not your friends and we shouldn't be uncritically sharing their bullshit and we shouldn't be following these sorts of people.

I thought about sharing it this morning when I saw the article, but I held off because I figured it might start a stupid fight or that people would just straight up ignore it or try and defend the asshole. Then I realized that not everyone is savvy enough to realize that assholes like this are grifters or trying to pipeline people into supporting fascism.

Seriously, be careful with who you follow or share on social media. These fuckfaces are all over the damn place.

WHY IS PLAGARIZE STILL A MOD?

Hypocritical cunt…
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhorse-the-studio-behind-kingdom-come-deliverance-will-announce-their-new-game-on-april-18th-at-20-cest.841992/page-2?post=121583637#post-121583637

"Why won't the mods let us get away with shitting up the thread?" Six
Menome wrote:These* posts getting warnings is not a good look for the moderation team. But I'm sure there'll be another condescending "Tap The Sign" post in due course.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhorse-the-studio-behind-kingdom-come-deliverance-will-announce-their-new-game-on-april-18th-at-20-cest.841992/page-2?post=121583637#post-121583637

These mods have to regret ever caving to these retards by banning Hogwarts legacy and locking off cyberpunk 2077. It truly is a never ending slippery slope with them now
Gay Bowser wrote:Right. And the whole vision for the series is a "realistic" medieval game, which is often used as a sort of dog whistle for all sorts of things like not including minorities when, historically, there were people of color in medieval Europe.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhorse-the-studio-behind-kingdom-come-deliverance-will-announce-their-new-game-on-april-18th-at-20-cest.841992/page-2?post=121582794#post-121582794

And they’ve still failed to ever find an example in history of a black person being in rural Bohemia in this time period. Very odd they still want to die on this hill

I like their implication that black people are so shallow they can’t enjoy any media without seeing themselves. Call it white guilt or projecting of narcissism.

Bringing it up because they announced yet another project based on Yasuke. It’s weird. Corporate media seems to think it’s the only way to get audiences interested. But you can have media like Ghost of Tsushima be hugely successful. As crazy as it sounds, most people like it when cultures are represented with their idiosyncrasies. Complaining that old Bohemia doesn’t have the racial make up of San Francisco is niche and insulting. More so when it’s a Czech developer. Like, try and imagine how insane it sounds to the people working there.
I look forward to Ree cheering the new Assassin Creed with Yasuke slaughtering thousands of Japanese folks as just desserts for colonialism or something.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/?post=121585437#post-121585437

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): continuing whataboutism after other user got a warning for that same behavior
Thordinson wrote:2 minutes ago

mentok15 wrote:How are people falling for it?? Is he pulling the "west bad" tank crowed or something?
He's pulling average folks because the "west bad tankie crowd" is incredibly small even when folks use "tankie" to mean anyone they don't like. 

moeman wrote:This isn't new, and it's curious that NYT only chose to highlight the anti-Israeli grifter while ignoring the mountains of bad-faith actors who play a role in spreading Islamophobic and anti-Arab sentiments.

People shouldn't be using social media as a news source, although the rise of TikTok and other social media has given a voice to the previously voiceless folks in Gaza and the West Bank. Genocide can't be easily suppressed when everyone has access to powerful tools 24/7.
This.
"2 minutes ago" lol
Talking about cultural appropriation, has Hollywood ever made a movie about a Japanese Samurai?

I mean, it's either Matt Damon, Tom Cruise, a woman in a yellow tracksuit or now an African American.  lol
B-Chuds really hates Turdinson lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98joker-2%E2%80%99-trailer-launches-to-167m-views-in-24-hours-giving-warner-bros-its-biggest-and-most-talked-about-trailer-since-%E2%80%98barbie%E2%80%99.842097/?post=121585446#post-121585446

Gunman wrote:What the world needs now is definitely not another Joker movie.
Social Justice Warrior 2
Yeah...we don't need another shooting spree like what happened last time.

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: 0wJxUTN.png]
never forget teh violent incel uprising JOKER caused
One big advantage of giving kids puberty blockers is they learn powerful special attacks at lower levels
You'd think they would like the Joker because it's literally the type of thing they advocate on a daily basis.

The ruling class gut social services and healthcare in favor of their own capitalist goals, denying people their medicine. Grifters prey on the weak for views and entertainment and eventually the Joker gets the people to rise up and enact his revenge.

Joker was always the "burn it all down" anarchist seeking to uplift the poor and take down the system and Batman the conservative that is blind to the capitalist and political corruption that creates the violent criminals in the first place.
Joker’s movie inception was Occupy Wall Street. Outmoded among these types by its released.
(04-11-2024, 10:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/

BDumbs wrote:In honestly, I was a bit surprised to see this grifter/bigot get written about in a major newspaper like this. People like him have been taking advantage of people's anger in the wake of the Gaza invasion, taking their anger and not only enriching themselves but attempting to create a new version of the alt right pipeline and grow support for fascists and authoritarians both abroad and at home.

Hinkle is far from the only one doing this, he's just the most masks off about it. There's dozens and dozens of these assholes all over social media, all of them dressing themselves up in the rhetoric of the left, pretending to take up legitimate causes, in order to push people more toward the assholes of the world.

What I'm saying is this: for the love of god, don't just believe everything you see on social media. These influencers are not your friends and we shouldn't be uncritically sharing their bullshit and we shouldn't be following these sorts of people.

I thought about sharing it this morning when I saw the article, but I held off because I figured it might start a stupid fight or that people would just straight up ignore it or try and defend the asshole. Then I realized that not everyone is savvy enough to realize that assholes like this are grifters or trying to pipeline people into supporting fascism.

Seriously, be careful with who you follow or share on social media. These fuckfaces are all over the damn place.

Hypocritical cunt…

I dunno B-dubs, you seem to be promoting these issues that grifters feed off of.. and when your userbase feed off each other for the moral high ground, there's not much you can do about it.

What do I know. I guess it's normal for video game forums to be political.  lol
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom
(04-11-2024, 10:46 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/?post=121585437#post-121585437

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): continuing whataboutism after other user got a warning for that same behavior
Thordinson wrote:2 minutes ago

mentok15 wrote:How are people falling for it?? Is he pulling the "west bad" tank crowed or something?
He's pulling average folks because the "west bad tankie crowd" is incredibly small even when folks use "tankie" to mean anyone they don't like. 

moeman wrote:This isn't new, and it's curious that NYT only chose to highlight the anti-Israeli grifter while ignoring the mountains of bad-faith actors who play a role in spreading Islamophobic and anti-Arab sentiments.

People shouldn't be using social media as a news source, although the rise of TikTok and other social media has given a voice to the previously voiceless folks in Gaza and the West Bank. Genocide can't be easily suppressed when everyone has access to powerful tools 24/7.
This.
"2 minutes ago" lol

PoliEra gets another scalp. The genocide continues.
(04-11-2024, 10:20 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/

Hypocritical cunt…

Because he is now trans? Duh!
Social Justice Warrior 2
(04-11-2024, 10:46 PM)Nintex wrote: Talking about cultural appropriation, has Hollywood ever made a movie about a Japanese Samurai?

I mean, it's either Matt Damon, Tom Cruise, a woman in a yellow tracksuit or now an African American.  lol

Why would they when the first thing that would get thrown at them is "cultural appropriation"?
(04-11-2024, 10:59 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/%E2%80%98joker-2%E2%80%99-trailer-launches-to-167m-views-in-24-hours-giving-warner-bros-its-biggest-and-most-talked-about-trailer-since-%E2%80%98barbie%E2%80%99.842097/?post=121585446#post-121585446

Gunman wrote:What the world needs now is definitely not another Joker movie.
Social Justice Warrior 2

Because the hurt and pain from the wholesale slaughter that resulted from the last one hasn't subsided yet?
literally shaking
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nytimes-grifters-and-bigots-riding-rage-over-israel-to-online-prominence.842133/?post=121585323#post-121585323

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): concern trolling around neo-nazis over a series of posts
Entropic wrote:
B-Dubs wrote:He's a literal fucking nazi being normalized on social media like it's no big deal...

You have any idea how many people have had to be put off posting shit from assholes like him on Era of all places? Nominally left-wing outlets like Vice were normalizing his crap.
Conservative ragebots on Rumble and Twitter. Quick somebody alert the press! Oh wait...NYT already has it covered. Just very conveniently aligned with its prior tonedeaf coverage of the current Israel conflict.

"See that moron criticizing Israel? Look at what a conservative grifter he is. You don't want to be a conservative grifter do you?" *wink wink*
(04-12-2024, 12:01 AM)Potato wrote: Because he is now trans? Duh!
Social Justice Warrior 2

who isnt there? i thought they were about protecting minorities
(04-11-2024, 10:30 PM)Polident wrote:

I like their implication that black people are so shallow they can’t enjoy any media without seeing themselves. Call it white guilt or projecting of narcissism.

Bringing it up because they announced yet another project based on Yasuke. It’s weird. Corporate media seems to think it’s the only way to get audiences interested. But you can have media like Ghost of Tsushima be hugely successful. As crazy as it sounds, most people like it when cultures are represented with their idiosyncrasies. Complaining that old Bohemia doesn’t have the racial make up of San Francisco is niche and insulting. More so when it’s a Czech developer. Like, try and imagine how insane it sounds to the people working there.

I really wonder how the new Assassin's creed will go over. To make one of the main characters Yasuke certainly feels like a choice that could be interesting or end up incredibly pandering.
Actually posted on resetera -

Quote:This is why it's so important to talk with people who have had very different life experiences than you. If you only know people who live one way, then of course anything else is alien. If you start seeing, meeting, and getting to know people who have had very different lives than you, then you see that people can come in different flavors, but they're still just people.

This person sounds like he had never done that. It's too bad it took him so long and that it only happened because it was his daughter that forced that interaction, but at least he sees that he was wrong.

You can't grow by experiencing only one thing. You have to experience different things and different people. Otherwise you're just in a cycle.

Banplz

The same page - 

Quote:I fucking hate people like this. The kind of people that literally do not care about the suffering of others unless it directly impacts their bubble.

Oh hooray, your self preservation kicked in? Well lah-dee-dah!

Come back when you have actual empathy for people that don't directly impact your day to day life.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/meet-a-mo-dad-who-went-from-%E2%80%98full-on-bigot%E2%80%99-to-fighting-bathroom-bans-on-behalf-of-his-daughter-%E2%80%98when-it-was-my-child-it-just-flipped-a-switch.842127/?post=121584732#post-121584732
*crossingeden enters chat*

Ubisoft pandering? No way!

Eta- was chatting with the IT guy today. Major drama in their division. Some dude has decided to transition and has changed pronouns to 'they' and people aren't ready or remember so they are filing grievances every single time they're 'misgendered?' Everyone avoids them now (why not sooner?) so they don't get got and fired.
(04-11-2024, 07:57 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Is funny they are bitching about the show (supposedly)
Spoiler:  (click to show)
“retconned Fallout 1 and 2” Six 
but Amazon Prime was giving Fallout 2 for free.

That’s how much they hate those games.  Rolleyes

Amazon is giving out Fallout 76 now for Xbox and PC  lol
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
(04-12-2024, 12:56 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(04-11-2024, 10:30 PM)Polident wrote:
(04-11-2024, 09:39 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/warhorse-the-studio-behind-kingdom-come-deliverance-will-announce-their-new-game-on-april-18th-at-20-cest.841992/page-2?post=121582794#post-121582794

I really wonder how the new Assassin's creed will go over. To make one of the main characters Yasuke certainly feels like a choice that could be interesting or end up incredibly pandering.

Being fair, Ubisoft sucks in historical portrayals, so I don’t have high hopes.

BTW, no one is bitching about Rise of the Ronin being a Japanese right wing propaganda game. lol
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, HaughtyFrank