Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
God, why do I have to think about some other game outselling a game I like. Existential
These assholes lost their shit about Final Fantasy bikinis and suddenly they're very concerned about it's sales
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avantika-vandanapu-receives-backlash-for-rumored-casting-as-rapunzel-in-tangled-remake.843198/page-2?post=121627173#post-121627173

GoodGrief wrote:Love how so many people in this very thread apparently didn't even bother reading the OP where it says there is no Tangled remake and none of this is real. Y'all are falling for the same trap the chuds did. Think on that for a bit.

Anyway, the most sus part of this whole story is the person who started the rumor. "Oh I just liked the fancasting so I decided to share it as if it was real!" Bullshit. They knew what they were doing. If you like a fancast you just say you like the fancast, you don't make up fake news.
Teehee
All this time bitching about stellar blade could've been used to play and talk about that princess peach game. A fucking nintendo game which the OT has only three pages:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/princess-peach-showtime-ot-our-princess-is-in-another-outfit.829161/

at least our favorite poster has something to say about it:

twohearts wrote:we beat it last night and the game is amazing.
Legit the most fun we've had gaming this year, not that we've done a lot of gaming. Depending on what Beastieball is like, this could easily be our GOTY

Daily non-related "god bless women track and field uniforms": *

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

* also absolutely haram
We love two hearts and personally I'm glad she decided not to have zero vag plasty or wwhatever. We love her as is and honestly I'd fight a fool if they fucked with her
(04-13-2024, 01:01 AM)Not an Alt Account wrote: All this time bitching about stellar blade could've been used to play and talk about that princess peach game. A fucking nintendo game which the OT has only three pages:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/princess-peach-showtime-ot-our-princess-is-in-another-outfit.829161/

at least our favorite poster has something to say about it:

twohearts wrote:we beat it last night and the game is amazing.
Legit the most fun we've had gaming this year, not that we've done a lot of gaming. Depending on what Beastieball is like, this could easily be our GOTY

Daily non-related "god bless women track and field uniforms": *

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

* also absolutely haram

to be fair no one is attempting to ban bait or brigade so of course it would only be 3 pages. Not engaging in social justice isn't a favored pastime, chuddy.
4 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, Not an Alt Account, books
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-112?post=121615722#post-121615722
GuessMyUserName wrote:People are so fucking concerned with being right that they don't want to hear reality.
Thinking

Melhadf wrote:
plastic love wrote:Is there merit continuing to report JK's future transphobic hate speech to the police under the Scottish Hate Crime Act? After the police reported earlier this month that her posts were not criminal, I am uncertain if the police will have a blanketed 'everything she says going forward isn't transphobic' or whether they will review every time she is reported.
I'm continuing to report them and Police Scotland haven't said "please stop" so I'll continue to do so until that time. The more of us that report her the higher the chance they do something.
Thank you for your service!
I'm trying to get the police to harass and suppress a minority utilizing the most necessary human rights. The state hasn't done anything yet but hopefully they will to make clear the criminalization of beliefs I don't care for. #ACAB #FuckLabour #DeathToCapitalism #TransRightsAreHumanRights
I'm so sick of Joanne claiming trans people are a threat to her rights. I'll keep reporting her to the police until they make her stop.
(04-12-2024, 10:21 PM)nachobro wrote:
(04-12-2024, 09:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-362?post=121623072#post-121623072

Twohearts wrote:Before I transitioned, I was culturally seen as a faggot more or less

Rofl newsfeed

Woah, woah they meant bundle of sticks, right?  Not the slur cuz any other Ree would get a perm for using it.
(04-13-2024, 12:24 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote: These assholes lost their shit about Final Fantasy bikinis and suddenly they're very concerned about it's sales

Like how suddenly Morrigan is a big fan of Rise of the Ronin and people should play that over Stellar Blade. lol
Melhadf wrote:
plastic love wrote:Is there merit continuing to report JK's future transphobic hate speech to the police under the Scottish Hate Crime Act? After the police reported earlier this month that her posts were not criminal, I am uncertain if the police will have a blanketed 'everything she says going forward isn't transphobic' or whether they will review every time she is reported.
I'm continuing to report them and Police Scotland haven't said "please stop" so I'll continue to do so until that time. The more of us that report her the higher the chance they do something.

Real talk: You are wasting everyone time with this, the police is not telling you to stop because they don’t want a PR shitshow and the governing party has no expressed desire to persecute Rowling, and are more concerned about not looking like idiots for approving that law.
(04-12-2024, 10:27 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-363?post=121625478#post-121625478

Uh-oh, sisters.. a man is trying to correct us.

NuclearWinter wrote:
Vonocourt wrote:But… why?

Like why is one a two piece and the other a one piece. It's literally for the same events.
I think it's just a preference thing. The cut of that one piece does look dumb, but for whatever it's worth they have a variety of choices:

(04-12-2024, 11:05 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Vonocourt wrote:
NuclearWinter wrote:At this point, I can't help but feel cynical about Disney's decisions. It just feels too much like they're intentionally casting these actors so they can get hatred and the movies publicity.
Man go fuck yourself.
Marginalized groups scramble for representation strive to be seen, and your thought is immediately assume it's a crass all publicity is good publicity even when the whole story is a right wing false narrative.

Vonocourt seems like a petty bitch.
Despair:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/s/r1G1gCWje4

Atheism+ legacy keeps fucking everyone.

(Is a comic from Sophie Labelle of all people omfg )
(04-13-2024, 02:33 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Despair:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/s/r1G1gCWje4

Atheism+ legacy keeps fucking everyone.

(Is a comic from Sophie Labelle of all people omfg )
Not only is the comic completely wrong but the replies are full of even more absolute disinformation and nonsense reasoning. lol
Quote:Jonno_FTW

2d ago
Proponents of double blind studies at all times need to put skydiving parachutes to the test.

critically_damped

1d ago
Gonna use this
Yeah, lots of you are using this and I hope you do because it's a great way to identify a really stupid person who thinks they're brilliant for my mental records.

Parachutes can be tested without humans. Testing the effects of drugs on humans without humans is impossible. Especially drugs where there's no hypothesis of how they're even supposed to work.
Quote:KouchyMcSlothful

2d ago
This is accurate as hell. You can’t ignore science because it doesn’t agree with you.
Quote:GeekFurious

1d ago
I got into an argument with a guy who continued to claim he only cared about "the science" while ignoring every time I pointed out the science because it didn't fit his desired results.
Yet you're posting in a thread where everyone is outright rejecting science. Like the above.

Or this:
Quote:MarsNirgal

2d ago
My favorite part of it is how it said the evidence about puberty blockers was untrustworthy because most people put on them decide to go for HRT down the line.

For me that sounds like a good evidence that the criteria to filter out people before they start puberty blockers works pretty well.

Or this:
Quote:eclipse_dreams

2d ago
Why isn't the news reporting on the fact that Cass actively collaborated with members of the Republican party in the US prior to releasing this report, and that some of it's recommendations mirror the pseudoscientific nonsense the Florida Department of Health put out?

Or this:
Quote:NameLips

1d ago
The best treatment for gender dysphoria seems to be gender-affirming care. It results in a happier, more productive person, and lower suicide rates. Whether it is a "mental illness" is irrelevant. They are fellow human beings and they deserve to be happy.

Or this:
Quote:ratgarcon

1d ago
Don’t forget that they’re requiring screenings for shit like autism which could prevent autistic trans people from getting the care they need.

AwTomorrow

1d ago
They know there's a lot of autistic trans people, so I'd assume they're doing this as a deliberate extra way to deny trans care.

Hell, pretty much that entire thread is doing this! The comic did it!

You're even outright saying to do it!
Quote:Velrei

1d ago
I'm going to thank everyone debunking the transphobes in the comments, because I do not have the energy to put up with their bs and I'm just blocking them instead of arguing with them.

BuddhistSagan
OP

1d ago
Shinigami Eyes
And all the critical comments have been so down voted they're hidden by default!
Sophie Labelle and Assigned male have wiki pages:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Labelle

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assigned_Male

Mike Triggered 

If you want an old summary from some place that is not KiwiFarms:

https://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Assigned_Male

Quote:The best thing the transgender community could do is distance themselves from this steaming pile of shit. Every part of this comic from the first page to the last is the worst kind of propaganda. I think I saw one convincing argument in the entire cesspool of the 68 pages I was required to read. There are multiple arguments on each page. Do the math. This comic is the last kid you should pick for your social movement kickball team. It's so bad at the game it scores most of its points against its own side

The review is a decade old, btw. But that's none of my business...
You can just look at Sophie Labelle's pictures, they dress like a child, or the comics which are creepy shit. Or all the posts where they proudly talk about this as their "proper" childhood and other red flags like that.

But real minds know that the best part of the comics are the inhuman art, especially how often the bodies will have extra joints or lay in completely impossible poses.
Google failed me for trying to find the "worst art" associated with this comic, but it did give me this review:
https://www.the-solute.com/assigned-male-and-perfecting-the-art-of-being-unfunny/ wrote:It’s as if Labelle has had comic strips explained to her but never seen one in the wild; she doesn’t subvert your expectations because she doesn’t build up any expectations in the first place.

AM constantly circles its own ideology; this particular strip is deeply ironic because theory is the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth concern of the comic and filtering that theory through specific experiences doesn’t seem to be a concern at all, let alone putting it into practice and seeing where it goes. It makes the theory expressed feel a bit ivory tower, but more importantly – and I genuinely feel a bit mean for saying this – it just feels kind of sad.

Literally all that Assigned Male has in life is gender theory. I do mostly agree with it, but that’s because it’s some pretty 101 stuff that anybody browsing Tumblr for a couple of months is gonna pick up. Does Labelle do nothing aside from scroll through social media and draw Assigned Male? Does she play guitar and simply not choose to show Stephie trying her hand at it? Does she mix cocktails and simply believe it wouldn’t be funny to show an eleven-year-old’s childlike understanding of alcohol culture? Has she never worked a shitty call centre job? Does she seek out old Italian horror films? Has she ever gone through a bad breakup? Has she ever actually read anything by bell hooks or Janet Mock? What’s her social circle like? Assigned Male displays a worldview, but not the world it’s being viewed through.
Dead
Quote:Julius Kassendorf Soluter
4 years ago
Is this comic largely a meta-joke in which the child blurts our huge texts of propaganda? It reminds me of The Love Witch...only without irony or any challenging the internal viewpoint whatsoever.
Quote:Ruck Cohlchez  Miller
4 years ago
It could be a good joke if it was a little more firmly established in character-- and maybe that character would be better established if I read more strips, I don't know. What I got from this, though, is almost Sorkinlike: The main character is the author avatar, and everyone else simply exists as a sounding board for the main character's thoughts.

Even if comedy isn't the goal here, and it's just a straightforward expression of frustrations with the trans experience in our society, I think DN summed it up best when he said "It's an expression of a worldview, but not the world that it's viewed through." It's not even really about experiencing situations in the world as a trans person; most of these strips are entirely dialogue where Stephie explains to someone (usually her dad, it seems?) why their ideas are wrong and outdated.
Some of the linked examples:
[Image: ipsi_fullxfull.1781307551_np8acn43.jpg?version=0]
[Image: ipsi_fullxfull.1733852964_jqm8dhco.jpg?version=0]
That's legit!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daniel-ahmad-zhugeex-final-fantasy-7-rebirth-is-underperforming-sales-wise-selling-about-half-of-what-remake-sold-in-the-same-timeframe.843192/page-14?post=121635303#post-121635303

Messofanego, post: 121635303, member: 1159 wrote:I can speak anecdotally even if its not the issue that's affecting sales as much, but the overt sexualization and objectifion of girls (correction: not underage but they seem infantilised) completely put me off from checking this out and the first remake. Especially since the story matters a lot to these games. I was initially interested in the first remake because of all the great reviews. But this issue has completely soured me and I'll likely never check it out.

TheCed, post: 121635369, member: 16317 wrote:Tifa and Aerith are in their 20s. If I remember right 22 and 23 respectively.

Messofanego, post: 121635501, member: 1159 wrote:Thanks for correcting but they seem to be infantilised, especially Aerith. Even if they're of age, it is still creepy enough to put me off.

Maybe if you had to buy Tifa and Aerith before they joined the party it would’ve been more his speed.
(04-13-2024, 04:08 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daniel-ahmad-zhugeex-final-fantasy-7-rebirth-is-underperforming-sales-wise-selling-about-half-of-what-remake-sold-in-the-same-timeframe.843192/page-14?post=121635303#post-121635303

Messofanego, post: 121635303, member: 1159 wrote:I can speak anecdotally even if its not the issue that's affecting sales as much, but the overt sexualization and objectifion of girls (correction: not underage but they seem infantilised)  completely put me off from checking this out and the first remake. Especially since the story matters a lot to these games. I was initially interested in the first remake because of all the great reviews. But this issue has completely soured me and I'll likely never check it out.

TheCed, post: 121635369, member: 16317 wrote:Tifa and Aerith are in their 20s. If I remember right 22 and 23 respectively.

Messofanego, post: 121635501, member: 1159 wrote:Thanks for correcting but they seem to be infantilised, especially Aerith. Even if they're of age, it is still creepy enough to put me off.

Maybe if you had to buy Tifa and Aerith before they joined the party it would’ve been more his speed.

[Image: messofanego.png]
Dead
(04-13-2024, 04:08 AM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/daniel-ahmad-zhugeex-final-fantasy-7-rebirth-is-underperforming-sales-wise-selling-about-half-of-what-remake-sold-in-the-same-timeframe.843192/page-14?post=121635303#post-121635303

Messofanego, post: 121635303, member: 1159 wrote:I can speak anecdotally even if its not the issue that's affecting sales as much, but the overt sexualization and objectifion of girls (correction: not underage but they seem infantilised)  completely put me off from checking this out and the first remake. Especially since the story matters a lot to these games. I was initially interested in the first remake because of all the great reviews. But this issue has completely soured me and I'll likely never check it out.

Says more about the person who is perceiving these issues than anyone else. I wouldn't want Messofanego around any children.
(04-13-2024, 04:18 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:

Says more about the person who is perceiving these issues than anyone else. I wouldn't want Messofanego around any children.

He has two of them Brazil
Only three replies:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/‘so-it’s-you-here-you-are’-salman-rushdie-describes-moment-he-was-stabbed.843216/

Messofanego, post: 121635303, member: 1159 wrote:I can speak anecdotally even if its not the issue that's affecting sales as much, but
Egomaniac
(04-12-2024, 09:22 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-362?post=121623072#post-121623072

Twohearts wrote:
PallasKitten wrote:I think I get what you mean, but I'm not confident in my ability to really word it either. It's no secret that sex is viewed as being very "important" in some circles - men may be seen as "failures" if they're unable to acquire sex, because as you said, it's seen as a goal. And people with that kind of mindset often also tend to view sex as something you do to a woman, not something you do with a woman. It's like some weird powerplay thing, and if they have sex, they have "power" in their minds. It's hard to eloquently explain though.
I mean even for women it is seen as an exepcted goal. Mum and Dad freaked out when I told them I was asexual and was planning on getting zero-depth vaginoplasty just because I didn't see the point in paying an extra 10 t-birds just to have a new hole to have sex with. Eventually got them to come around, but it's just hard to convince people that sex isn't the end all be all of relationships, though honeslty the thing that got them to come around was telling them about the sexual abuse. A woman isnt' necesessarily suposed to want sex, but she must still be avaliable for sex.

Also, culturally, sex is all about power, or at least sexual violence. It's why all these chuds say bullshit like doing rape threats against female developers they don't like or saying ones they deem horrific as too ugly to rape (though honestly if they had the chance they'd probably do it anyway). Before I transitioned, I was culturally seen as a faggot more or less and that transgressing of manhood led to sexual violence from three different people that I am aware of. Luckily nothing has happened for 7 years now but the implicit threat is still there in a lot of interactions with men.

Holy shit! My money is still on twohearts being a plant, but fuck me they're doing a great job of straddling the line between obvious and just fucked up enough to get all the sympathy points. I've been watching closely to see if they fuck anything up with the whole Australian thing, but that seems genuine and they haven't made any obvious errors which would lead me to believe they're not from here. Fucking masterful!
the smoking man wrote:I got to the double-blind study and had to stop reading. The idea of needing to deprive children of healthcare to prove that children need healthcare is some dark shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-cass-review-understanding-the-uks-latest-attack-on-trans-youth.842679/?post=121625202#post-121625202

SCIENCE!

T002 Tyrant wrote:I thought I'd bump this because it's important.
Childrens healthcare is too important to find out if it actually works.