Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(05-09-2024, 07:28 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-09-2024, 11:40 AM)clockwork5 wrote: I mean I don’t give a shit about any of this really. I just ride the hype trains and play what’s being talked about but is AAA actually in bad shape?
Last year we had a shitload of great high budget games receive high praise. God of War, Baulders Gate, Zelda, Spider-Man 2 were a few. This year we already have Stellar Blade which is above the cut. 
 Now, we have had some duds like Diablo 4 (which is a fine game imho) and I know that MS is fucking up their acquisitions, EA is just Madden and FIFA, Ubisoft is super hit or miss… but really like 6 months ago during the Zelda/Balders gate hype phase everyone was saying “AAA gaming has never been better!”
AAA gaming had never been better...for the customer. It's just that the economics of producing AAA games have never been worse. 
This is the kind of thing the industry has been warned about for years. Increasing costs of producing games on increasingly powerful hardware with a stagnant customer base. 
The customer is not willing to pay significantly more for the same experience with prettier graphics, so that's why we're in such a weird generation where nobody is actually spending the money to take advantage of the hardware and the customer is basically just buying (and being sold) previous generation games.
Reality is, it's actually easier to make games than ever before. (hence the many indie games being created, some of them really good). Back in the Saturn days the actual development was much more difficult. You had to code instructions for two CPUs with barely any documentation. In the case of Nintendo there was the cruelty of having documentation for SNES/N64 but not sharing it with third parties to keep Nintendo games 'superior'. 

It's just that the big publishers have made things too difficult for themselves. Too many platforms, too many business models, too many 'creative directors', too many engine changes, too many 'consultants', too many employees (and poor management), too many problems and having actual game development very low on the priority list.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(05-09-2024, 08:00 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
(05-09-2024, 07:32 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote:
(05-09-2024, 06:58 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Zeo is back with a banger. 

Cry 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trevor-noah-reacts-to-being-labeled-loser-over-his-single-status-at-age-40.866535/?post=122749338#post-122749338

Six cats.

Okay Zeo, let’s not talk about marriage and kids. What do you want to talk about?

Marvel movies and Bluey

Everybody is laughing at you!

I hate him so much
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/?post=122748807#post-122748807
Quote:User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; History of the Same
Quote:Keep this thing away from multiplats
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=121447728#post-121447728
Mango Pilot
Alt account wrote:
Apr 8, 2024

Just got back into gaming with a new PC build and Steam deck excited to be able to contribute.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=121651815#post-121651815
This is not real
Alt-Account wrote:
Apr 13, 2024

Hi all, just wanted to say hi and hope to have good talks for years to come.
lol
(05-09-2024, 08:10 PM)Nintex wrote:
(05-09-2024, 07:28 PM)Potato wrote:
(05-09-2024, 11:40 AM)clockwork5 wrote: I mean I don’t give a shit about any of this really. I just ride the hype trains and play what’s being talked about but is AAA actually in bad shape?
Last year we had a shitload of great high budget games receive high praise. God of War, Baulders Gate, Zelda, Spider-Man 2 were a few. This year we already have Stellar Blade which is above the cut. 
 Now, we have had some duds like Diablo 4 (which is a fine game imho) and I know that MS is fucking up their acquisitions, EA is just Madden and FIFA, Ubisoft is super hit or miss… but really like 6 months ago during the Zelda/Balders gate hype phase everyone was saying “AAA gaming has never been better!”
AAA gaming had never been better...for the customer. It's just that the economics of producing AAA games have never been worse. 
This is the kind of thing the industry has been warned about for years. Increasing costs of producing games on increasingly powerful hardware with a stagnant customer base. 
The customer is not willing to pay significantly more for the same experience with prettier graphics, so that's why we're in such a weird generation where nobody is actually spending the money to take advantage of the hardware and the customer is basically just buying (and being sold) previous generation games.
Reality is, it's actually easier to make games than ever before. (hence the many indie games being created, some of them really good). Back in the Saturn days the actual development was much more difficult. You had to code instructions for two CPUs with barely any documentation. In the case of Nintendo there was the cruelty of having documentation for SNES/N64 but not sharing it with third parties to keep Nintendo games 'superior'. 

It's just that the big publishers have made things too difficult for themselves. Too many platforms, too many business models, too many 'creative directors', too many engine changes, too many 'consultants', too many employees (and poor management), too many problems and having actual game development very low on the priority list.

Dunno man, maybe if they change the white male coded lead character into a female POC, that would turn things around...
I'm objectively fine  Esports
You got to wonder if zeo knows nobody on ResetEra likes him nobody on twitter likes him and especially here nobody likes him. Even nep has some kiss her ass on reset but he’s got nothing
(05-09-2024, 07:52 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-not-a-fan-when-dc-tries-to-villainize-damian-or-paint-him-as-the-bad-robin.866736/
Quote:So Damian Wayne:

Is the son of Batman and Talia AL Ghul and the 5th and current Robin since 2009.

I've noticed though DC has a tendency to villainize him and paint him as the "bad Robin". I mean there was his portrayal in Injustice where he joins Superman's fascist regime against Batman, Teen Titans Rebirth had him secretly imprisoning villains in a super prison, DC's plans for future state involved turning him into a villain.

Now in the current Batman run We have
Damian defend Bruce lobotomizing Jason, imprisoning former villains who wanted to redeem themselves and in general Zur setting up an authoritarian regime in Gotham. He had him reject other characters telling him this (obviously) isn't Bruce by yelling about how his father can finally do what he was meant to do now the others aren't holding him back anymore and has him weirdly pleased that it's just him and his father now.

Even if Damian figured it out in the end, he was the last one to figure out the obvious, he aided the villain and now he's being held hostage by Zur by his own fault until the "good" Batman and Robin free him. And if they have to sacrifice anything to rescue him Damian is going to be blamed for it.

NGl it feels really weird and a problematic to always do this to the Robin that is a POC, especially when it is used to contrast with Tim as the "good Robin" like the current Batman run is doing
He was doing so good til the bold part  omfg I wonder how his twin DragonSJ or whatever his username is doing.

yeah, the important thing about his character is that hes a quarter vague hand wavy 'middle eastern', not that he was raised and indoctrinated from birth by an immortal eco-fascists assassin death cult
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-propaganda-war.866685/

In which B-Dubs and Nepenthe pretend they dont usually fall for misinformation.
(05-09-2024, 08:19 PM)Jonsey wrote:
(05-09-2024, 08:00 PM)TylenolJones wrote:
(05-09-2024, 07:32 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: Six cats.

Okay Zeo, let’s not talk about marriage and kids. What do you want to talk about?

Marvel movies and Bluey

Everybody is laughing at you!

I hate him so much

He's way too funny for me to not like him. The only posters that I genuinely don't like are Morrigan (Nazi adjacent) and Nothing Loud (narcissistic douche that uses animals like fashion accessories).
Nepenthe wrote:People absolutely should question why the government was able to move at lighting speed for Ukraine but cannot do the same thing for its own citizens though, sometimes not budging on an issue for centuries depending upon the issue you're discussing.

Confused
(05-09-2024, 08:22 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-switch-2-hardware-shipments-show-system-ram-storage-other-console-information.866529/?post=122748807#post-122748807
Quote:User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; History of the Same
Quote:Keep this thing away from multiplats

I just realized another L for Xbox.

Thanks to the Series S existing Nintendo can "catch up" 2 generations in one go Miyamoto 

Xbox One / PS4 / Series S ports all viable on this system. And considering it won't rely on emulation layers, Windows or a RAM hungry OS but games will be optimized specifically for the hardware those ports will likely outperform Steamdeck and other handheld PCs also.
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
And we all know who was REALLY behind the US moving to help Ukraine  ERAsure of the marginalized!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animal-well-review-thread.866172/page-2?post=122743077#post-122743077

Quote:Damn!

Guess Dunkey has got a good eye
Quote:He has such good tastes in general. He would have played this and immediately would have wanted to publish it I bet. Start off with a bang.
Quote:Dunkey gonna be a billionaire.

Popular

I'm surprised they never enforced a Dunkey ban over the infamous slur usage. Other content creators have been permanently written off for less.

And shouldn't everyone be praising the solo dev that spent 7 years making the game first? Even when they're positive they don't know how to act.
(05-09-2024, 08:46 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:People absolutely should question why the government was able to move at lighting speed for Ukraine but cannot do the same thing for its own citizens though, sometimes not budging on an issue for centuries depending upon the issue you're discussing.

Confused

If Russia were to invade Alaska, I bet The US government would move even quicker than it did for Ukraine.
(05-09-2024, 09:05 PM)TacoWallace wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/animal-well-review-thread.866172/page-2?post=122743077#post-122743077

Quote:Damn!

Guess Dunkey has got a good eye
Quote:He has such good tastes in general. He would have played this and immediately would have wanted to publish it I bet. Start off with a bang.
Quote:Dunkey gonna be a billionaire.

Popular

I'm surprised they never enforced a Dunkey ban over the infamous slur usage. Other content creators have been permanently written off for less.

And shouldn't everyone be praising the solo dev that spent 7 years making the game first? Even when they're positive they don't know how to act.

I swear they had tried to ban anything about Dunkey there
(05-09-2024, 08:43 PM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-propaganda-war.866685/

In which B-Dubs and Nepenthe pretend they dont usually fall for misinformation.

Fall for it?

Those dinguses partake and take part. They love to bill out some all encompassing internet evil that only their steady hands can protect the unique and delicate users of ResetERA from. Please, play a tournament!

It’s so 1984 it makes Orwell blush. They probably read that article while nodding and beating off.

Pacspit

Confused

Give Americans artillery shells and air defence.?.?.?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trevor-noah-reacts-to-being-labeled-loser-over-his-single-status-at-age-40.866535/?post=122754045#post-122754045

VISAWife wrote:Hope in our lifetime, discrimination is gone against single folks and there is systemic and institutional equity between married and single people.

Confused

She really is a moron. This was sending financial and arms aid to a country invaded by an aggressor whom the US has had a soured relationship with. There’s no political issue or opinion that is of issue here.

Your other issues that have lasted for centuries… have you asked yourself why you fucking numpty?! Do people fundamentally agree on what has to be done? Is the answer or action complicated with a drawn out implementation over decades? Will such an action adversely affect a politicians constituents?

But of course through the Lens of NepNep (patent pending)it’s all obvious and anybody who disagrees for any reason are bigots. If that’s your approach, then I’m sure it looks REAL easy to move quickly and decisively. Luckily, our government, as flawed as it is, isn’t run by NepNep, SheWolf of the ERA.
(05-09-2024, 10:27 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/trevor-noah-reacts-to-being-labeled-loser-over-his-single-status-at-age-40.866535/?post=122754045#post-122754045

VISAWife wrote:Hope in our lifetime, discrimination is gone against single folks and there is systemic and institutional equity between married and single people.

I will say, the fuckers who cite their kids every time they get asked to cover a late shift or event are bullshit.

Is my schedule always going to be victimized because you didn’t wrap that fucker?
(05-09-2024, 10:15 PM)killamajig wrote:

Confused

Give Americans artillery shells and air defence.?.?.?

COME GET YOUR HOWITZERS AND PATRIOT MISSILES PATRIOTS.

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR DEATH

OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
3 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(05-09-2024, 07:21 PM)Nintex wrote:
Melody Shreds wrote:Sure considering the very real threat of me living on the streets soon I'll do just about fucking anything.
Then vote for TRUMP melody, what the hell do you have to lose?  OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™

Time to donate 100 bucks with a note "Post Trump 2024 on Resetera for an extra 200. You'd do just about fucking anything, RIGHT?!"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-319?post=122756331#post-122756331

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/sexual-violence-gaza/
Quote:It’s Time to Stop Ignoring the Sexual Violence Happening in Gaza
Has anybody consulted forum rape expert plagiarize?
(05-09-2024, 08:25 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=121447728#post-121447728
Mango Pilot
Alt account wrote:
Apr 8, 2024

Just got back into gaming with a new PC build and Steam deck excited to be able to contribute.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-new-members-introduce-yourself-here.119184/page-36?post=121651815#post-121651815
This is not real
Alt-Account wrote:
Apr 13, 2024

Hi all, just wanted to say hi and hope to have good talks for years to come.
lol

I feel like posting in the introduce yourself thread is more suspicious than just fuckin posting

who bothers to hunt around for a specific thread to say hi in
Day 7 of Noodle Watch. Nep continues to ignore his brave sacrifice. What a vile creature she is.
(05-09-2024, 10:27 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/trevor-noah-reacts-to-being-labeled-loser-over-his-single-status-at-age-40.866535/?post=122754045#post-122754045

What he’s saying isn’t bullshit but coming from him is real rich
(05-10-2024, 12:14 AM)Jonsey wrote:

What he’s saying isn’t bullshit but coming from him is real rich

Right? His wife must be like "staying single was an option?"
I just realized something from that Why Women Criticise thread
[Image: ff45bf03b91b4d45e988ca7742c46c8b.png]
Female?  Not women?   Social Justice Warrior 2
(05-10-2024, 01:02 AM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: I just realized something from that Why Women Criticise thread
[Image: ff45bf03b91b4d45e988ca7742c46c8b.png]
Female?  Not women?   Social Justice Warrior 2

That feel when you can't fill out a bingo with your "harmful trope" and have to double or triple up on spaces to get a grid. Lol.