Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-teacher-did-all-he-could-to-keep-kids-off-phones-he%E2%80%99s-quitting-in-frustration.879126/

entremetGPT, post: 123356763, member: 9388 wrote:Personally, I'm not a student anymore myself, but I've been practicing Digital Minimalism. Many times I leave my phone at home when I go out, I use Screentime limits on social media apps, I try to read more long form media than doomscrolling

What

Motherfucker is on ree literally all day, and there’s no way on god’s green earth that this vapid cunt ever leaves his house.
Another reason to always ignore the Resetera crowd. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-problem-with-linus-tech-tips-accuracy-ethics-responsibility-gamers-nexus-up-allegations-of-abuse-by-former-employee-of-ltt.753088/page-68?post=123339957#post-123339957
(05-23-2024, 08:12 AM)SmokyDave wrote: That was Norah Vincent. She wrote a book called ‘Self Made Man’. She also euthanised herself a couple of years back. Sad stuff.

I know I owe y’all a pile of likes, I’ll try and pop back later and sort it.

Lining up for that smokydave like 
Money
(05-23-2024, 03:03 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Another reason to always ignore the Resetera crowd. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-problem-with-linus-tech-tips-accuracy-ethics-responsibility-gamers-nexus-up-allegations-of-abuse-by-former-employee-of-ltt.753088/page-68?post=123339957#post-123339957

Quote:Reading the Google reviews for that law firm and...not a great picture.

lol lol lol
(05-23-2024, 01:51 PM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-teacher-did-all-he-could-to-keep-kids-off-phones-he%E2%80%99s-quitting-in-frustration.879126/

entremetGPT, post: 123356763, member: 9388 wrote:Personally, I'm not a student anymore myself, but I've been practicing Digital Minimalism. Many times I leave my phone at home when I go out, I use Screentime limits on social media apps, I try to read more long form media than doomscrolling

What

Motherfucker is on ree literally all day, and there’s no way on god’s green earth that this vapid cunt ever leaves his house.

He has 5 threads on the front page. 4 were created today.
(05-23-2024, 01:51 PM)BIONIC wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-teacher-did-all-he-could-to-keep-kids-off-phones-he%E2%80%99s-quitting-in-frustration.879126/

What

He larps a person with a life from the look of his threads  lol

What

Same with HamasEra, TransEra, ZeoVGM, PlanetSmasher and his student in training, Derbel McDillet.

Always looking to be outraged and seeking stuff out to be mad about.
Where is the ResetEra thread on Taiwan? Juche
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/page-3

Nepenthe, post: 123376881, member: 1995 wrote:As I alluded to before, this isn't just something that neurodivergent people deal with. Different cultures truly do have different relationships with time, and hard lateness is not a universal social faux pas. Someone being even an hour late to a shindig like a cookout in Black culture where it's expected to go on well into the night is not chastised for it, at least as far as I've seen in my life going to these things for 30+ years. Even for impromptu get togethers like "Hey, wanna come over to my place and stream this movie," I don't get my balls busted if I'm late, and vice versa in the opposite direction.

I dunno man, maybe let go of arbitrary capitalistic notions of promptness where someone's character is dependent upon the second they show up to a function. =P

this has literally FUCK ALL to do with capitalism literally EVERY FUCKING POST from NEPNEP is about CAPITALISM 

Divest from capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy!
Capitalism this, imperialism that, consumption, so tired, evil company, I just can't take it, etc.

It's the same words and phrases on repeat in their brains when it has nothing to do with the topic the vast majority of the time.
(05-23-2024, 05:55 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/page-3

Nepenthe, post: 123376881, member: 1995 wrote:As I alluded to before, this isn't just something that neurodivergent people deal with. Different cultures truly do have different relationships with time, and hard lateness is not a universal social faux pas. Someone being even an hour late to a shindig like a cookout in Black culture where it's expected to go on well into the night is not chastised for it, at least as far as I've seen in my life going to these things for 30+ years. Even for impromptu get togethers like "Hey, wanna come over to my place and stream this movie," I don't get my balls busted if I'm late, and vice versa in the opposite direction.

I dunno man, maybe let go of arbitrary capitalistic notions of promptness where someone's character is dependent upon the second they show up to a function. =P

this has literally FUCK ALL to do with capitalism literally EVERY FUCKING POST from NEPNEP is about CAPITALISM 

Nep, again with the "white people be like...and.....black people be like....." bit. 

Get new material Neppy, your jokes are hacky!!!

She really likes cultural stereotypes. Just like a racist Shocked Pikachu
https://www.resetera.com/threads/head-of-playstation-productions-the-focus-is-going-to-shift-from-graphics-or-visuals-to-immersive-narrative.879318/?post=123362373#post-123362373
Quote:User warned: Drive-by trolling
Quote:He's probably right, after all PSVR2 is selling like hotcakes
Messy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/post-123371304
Quote:I just continue on with my plans rather than wait for them to start. Especially with house parties. Got to show the consequences of being late. Miss out on starters haha! The more they miss out, they'll realise to fix up their punctuality. Just like you miss out a bunch if you get to the cinema late and want to see it again to see it from the start.

And you might miss out on Messy gettin' messy with the hot wings.

And screw whoever posted that vid. Still can't unsee his saucey lips gnawing on that wing. Barf.

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/post-123373812
Nep
Quote:OP would lose his mind in Brazil.

Has she even visited Brasil? 

BTW, she should be spelling it that way. Right? I supervised some guys from there and I think they spelled it that way.
(05-23-2024, 05:59 PM)AnnoyedCanadian wrote: Capitalism this, imperialism that, consumption, so tired, evil company, I just can't take it, etc.

It's the same words and phrases on repeat in their brains when it has nothing to do with the topic the vast majority of the time.

I hit my knee on the coffee table. Fuck capitalism!!!
(05-23-2024, 06:21 PM)killamajig wrote: Messy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/post-123371304
Quote:I just continue on with my plans rather than wait for them to start. Especially with house parties. Got to show the consequences of being late. Miss out on starters haha! The more they miss out, they'll realise to fix up their punctuality. Just like you miss out a bunch if you get to the cinema late and want to see it again to see it from the start.

And screw whoever posted that vid. Still can't unsee his saucey lips gnawing on that wing. Barf.

I'm certain he's glad people arrive late before they find out he's updating his YouTubers dossier.
(05-23-2024, 06:15 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/head-of-playstation-productions-the-focus-is-going-to-shift-from-graphics-or-visuals-to-immersive-narrative.879318/?post=123362373#post-123362373

I sure hope for Sony those PS4 handheld rumors are true if not Nintendo will not just eat their lunch but also their breakfast this time.
2 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(05-23-2024, 08:12 AM)SmokyDave wrote: That was Norah Vincent. She wrote a book called ‘Self Made Man’. She also euthanised herself a couple of years back. Sad stuff.

yeah, I cba to source it but that was who I was talking about.

There's also been a fair few articles either written by or interviewing female to male trans people about their experience crossing 'the gender divide' and a lot have similar experiences that its a lot rougher than they thought it would be unrelated to any issues of 'passing' or not being thought of as men.

There was also that Red Pill documentary, which is pretty interesting despite the name, and has a really unflattering interview with Social Justice Warrior

turns out if you assume other peoples lives are all fucking sunshine and rainbows, you're probably wrong!
(05-23-2024, 05:55 PM)FEUER FREI. wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/page-3

Back in the barter system days there was no sense of urgency at all when you had to travel on foot to a market a couple of days trek away with perishable goods that represnted your entire current wealth!
(05-23-2024, 07:24 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: There was also that Red Pill documentary

Turns out its free on youtube if anyone has a couple of hours to kill

again - despite the name - its actually pretty interesting

Yeshrug

this is the correct way to deal with the chronically late. if the plans are to meet in x location and go from there then you move on without them. if its to eat somewhere, you start dinner or order dinner without them. eventually they'll figure it out or they won't and just keep missing things.

with a couple people ive resorted to telling them things start an hour before they do, but that's annoying to remember so i've mostly stopped that anf let them figure out their own timings.

and no your fucking self diagnosed adhd isn't an excuse for being late. if you know you have an issue then you have enough ability to work around your own issue.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hello-how-are-you-tournament-called-off.879978/

Wow great feature Dead
(05-23-2024, 07:24 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:

yeah, I cba to source it but that was who I was talking about.

There's also been a fair few articles either written by or interviewing female to male trans people about their experience crossing 'the gender divide' and a lot have similar experiences that its a lot rougher than they thought it would be unrelated to any issues of 'passing' or not being thought of as men.

There was also that Red Pill documentary, which is pretty interesting despite the name, and has a really unflattering interview with Social Justice Warrior

turns out if you assume other peoples lives are all fucking sunshine and rainbows, you're probably wrong!

After listening to  Social Justice Warrior views I don't feel bad about using her dumb face on here. Shes got to be on Reee with that buzz word salad.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-cannot-handle-this-life-anymore-i-want-to-fucking-quit-im-so-tired.880026/

Joe2187 wrote:For my entire life I have been stuck with the burden of caring for my ailing and sick family members since I was a teenager.

My grandma was diagnosed with cancer and gradually wasted away over a six year period during my teens. During that time, my grandma was the one that cooked and cleaned the house while everybody else went to work or school. I was the youngest so I stayed home with her. I had to help her when she got more and more bedridden and naturally I took up the duties of cleaning and cooking. It got to the point where if I didnt cook, nobody ate that day or If I was too tired the house would pile up with trash. I had to roll her over to check for bed sores, change her clothes, bathe her, feed her, made sure she took her medications and neglected doing normal things a teen should be doing at my age.

When she eventually passed away it took a huge toll on the entire family, which lead to the downfall of my aunt and uncle. They were so dependent on my grandmother emotionally that they all ceased to function and in turn let themselves go entirely. My aunt was a chronic alcoholic with a smoking addiction and had serious type 2 diabetes and other chronic health issues. She was also a nurse, so trying to get her medical help was like pulling teeth from a cat. It was only four years after my grandmothers passing that I had to take care of her next after she became ill and bedridden enough to require medical attention around the clock. It got to the point where multiple appendages had to be amputated. I cooked, cleaned, bathed her, changed her clothes, made sure she took her medications and ignored any normal things a normal 20 year old would be doing like going to college. During this time I was in control of the finances, since nobody in my house can be trusted to handle money responsibly, I was forced to learn how to pay utility and mortgage bills at 16 years old.

When she eventually passed away, I was 22 years old and had no idea what real life was like outside of my home. I now had to keep a household together while dealing with fallout from the insurance money and the relatives in my life now congregating over my aunts corpse like flies. I was now a homeowner with four occupants that didnt understand that bills needed to be paid, and food needed to be bought in order to survive. My mom just drank and smoke till she passed out, my brother was a bi-polar psychopath who had tried on multiple occasions to kill me, my uncle was a dead beat alcoholic that drank a six pack in the morning, a 12 pack in the evening, and a 24 pack for dinner.

What I found out after my aunt passed away was that she was paying a 99% interest mortgage loan because she bowered against the original house back in the 90s and spent it on some fucking bullshit she was always buying from the QVC channel. it explained all the fucking garbage knicknacks and dolls she had cluttering her room and closet.

I tried to fight this in court, so I got to learn how the courts worked at 23, while dealing with relatives I never even heard of before coming at me for money, or a place to stay while paying a mortgage that barely even touched a percentage of it's initial debt. I had no idea what I was doing, and the mortgage company refused to even sniff in my direction. She left no will, or any sort of document detailing what to do in case of her death and If I didnt pay off the mortgage somehow I would be evicted.

I had to sell the house after getting a document claiming me as the inheritor of her estate after 3 years of playing back and forth with the courts but I only had a six month window to sell it before it expired. In the meantime I was going to college and living on my own, so when I went back to the house it was like walking into a dumpster fire. The entire house was like dilapidated and the floors were warped from where my brother and my uncle just pissed where they pleased after so much drugs and alcohol.

I had to leave my own place, drop out of college and fix the place myself. 98 bags of trash later, four months of work I fixed it as best I could. replaced the floors by hand, rebuilt the bathroom, rebuilt the backyard, fixed the roof, sanded and painted the interior and redid the plumbing. all the while living there and having to deal with my uncle and brother being crazy and violent. My uncles health started getting progressively worse at this time to the point where my dinning room ceiling would cave in repeatedly.

A process I documented when It was happening here with pictures https://www./threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/ (Old neo gaff links are banned so you can just look up "Live with most disgusting person on earth" Thread on google for the first result on neogaf)

I sold that house after a long grueling and mentally and physically exhausting ordeal while dealing with a mentally unstable brother who refused to do anything but be a blockade in my attempts to sell the house since he saw me as the one who had taken his property and house that he never contributed to but had this inflated sense of entitlement to it because my family for some reason prioritized the first born as being special. That's a whole other can of worms.

I move into a new place, and unfortunately my uncle is such a vile human being at this point nobody else would take him. Im once again thrust into the job of taking care of him. I refused to ever buy him alcohol no matter what but my mother and brother had no such claims. So I would come home from school and work and of course I was the only one who had to change his diapers, change his bandages, and pick him up off the floor and clean him of his own shit and vomit. IN MY OWN HOUSE. A year of this and one day, he's so drunk and fucked up he wanders off in the middle of the night crawling on his belly for the liquor store that he gets vivisected in half by a high speeding motorcyclist who is understandably traumatized for life by not expected to have cut someone in half that was face down in the middle of the highway at 4 am in the morning.

Not even a couple months from my uncles death my mom agrees to take in an uncle I've never even met before who had been in jail for 25 years with severe health issues and COPD, and the same process happens all over again. Im forced to care for this man I've never interected with before who has serious health issues and I need to bathe him, clean him, make sure he gets fresh oxygen, create specialized foods for him since his diet is very sensitive, change his diapers, change his bandages and chisel away at the dead skin the builds up on his calves every week or they start to smell like festering ass.

But he hated be taken care of, and always asked to get him beer, cigarettes, fatty and salty food. to the point where he called the cops on me for taking care of him as abuse ( My uncle, my aunt, and my mom also did the same things to me repeatedly. taking care of their health they translate as torture and absue) He opted to rather live in a halfway house for ex cons than live with me and be healthy. And not even a week later he was fucking dead because he neglected his health.

Fast forward to now, for the past 8 years my mom retired after serious health issues mainly regarding her alcohol abuse. (it's not an issue, she's not an alcoholic of course not...she's just has a few drinks here and there...two 64 oz bottles of wine is nothing) she has advance cirrhosis and kidney damage, she has now gotten to a point where she's in a state of constant confusion and can barely stand let alone know where she is. I have been picking her up off the floor of my home every day after work and doing the same routine I've always done, bathe her, clothe her, help her go to the bathroom, clean up, cook, make sure she gets medicine.

I recently started improving my own health, I have a great job as a chef at a country club, I met an amazing woman who has injected nothing but positivity into my life but now my mom is at a state of where she doesnt even know who I am anymore and im losing my fucking mind, I dont know what to do. My family has abandoned me and ghosting me in all my calls and texts.

I tried explaining this to my brother yesterday and he refused to even talk to me, or about the problems opting to instead try and take her from the hospital himself and take her to my home. when he was denied this by the doctors and myself he left, only for me to discover that he'd slashed all my tires and went to my house to destroy my garage and anything in it.

The doctors are telling me Im going to have to just take care of her myself, and I cant do it anymore. I feel like im going to fucking explode. I just want to run away, I want to fucking run and never look back and just leave it all behind.

I want to just jump off the fucking planet, I cant do it any longer. it's killing me. It's my mom, I know. But I cant do it anymore, not again.

Edit:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/i-live-with-the-most-disgusting-person-on-earth-long-ass-ranting.592776/
Quote:As I alluded to before, this isn't just something that neurodivergent people deal with.

Neurodivergent(tf does this mean anyway?) people don't have to deal with lateness at all because everyone knows having some quack diagnose you as ADHD, or autistic, or whatever is a blank check to never have to be on time or ever behave yourself at all.

Quote:Different cultures truly do have different relationships with time, and hard lateness is not a universal social faux pas. 

And these cultures' lack of prosperity has nothing to do with no one showing up on time and are just down because of the white man capitalism.

Quote:Someone being even an hour late to a shindig like a cookout in Black culture where it's expected to go on well into the night is not chastised for it, at least as far as I've seen in my life going to these things for 30+ years. 

Because there's no difference to being 1 hour "late" to a 4 hour party versus a one hour dinner.
Quote:During this time I was in control of the finances, since nobody in my house can be trusted to handle money responsibly, I was forced to learn how to pay utility and mortgage bills at 16 years old.

The hard part of paying bills isn't typing your account number and clicking submit; it's earning the money that's being used to pay them.
(05-23-2024, 07:27 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
(05-23-2024, 07:24 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: There was also that Red Pill documentary

Turns out its free on youtube if anyone has a couple of hours to kill

again - despite the name - its actually pretty interesting

Yeshrug

available for free, you say

[Image: D6OjvOZWsAMW-Cb?format=png&name=900x900]

Like every online shut-in, Nep has NEVER cooked anything for other people, ever.

If I say arrive at 6 and you turn up at 7, the hot food is going to be cold and the cold food warm.

Fuck you if you consistently turn up late for events.
(05-23-2024, 06:15 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/head-of-playstation-productions-the-focus-is-going-to-shift-from-graphics-or-visuals-to-immersive-narrative.879318/?post=123362373#post-123362373

Sony Ponies in a shambles!

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-do-you-feel-about-people-who-are-always-late.879618/post-123373812
Nep
Quote:OP would lose his mind in Brazil.

Has she even visited Brasil? 

BTW, she should be spelling it that way. Right? I supervised some guys from there and I think they spelled it that way.

Pretty sure Brazil is the way the colonialists spell it.
As an autistic guy (who doesn't make it their entire fucking personality, it's just part of who I am), I hate the word neurodivergent.

Yes, some people can both be autistic and have ADHD but they aren't comparable. It's like apples and oranges. The term is so fucking stupid and it makes my skin crawl when I see it.

I don't get making one part of yourself your entire identity. I know people from all walks of life and they are themselves first, not if they are trans, gay, disabled, a minority, their religion, etc.