Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
I like how they're spewing shit about how everyone involved with Sound Of Freedom is pushing ridiculous conspiracy theories while in the very next sentence claiming conservatives are buying up empty movie theaters where it's showing to pump the movies box office numbers up...for reasons
(07-17-2023, 04:26 PM)Superstar wrote: I like how they're spewing shit about how everyone involved with Sound Of Freedom is pushing ridiculous conspiracy theories while in the very next sentence claiming conservatives are buying up empty movie theaters where it's showing to pump the movies box office numbers up...for reasons

It is a real program to be fair, it's a Mormon production company that bought the movie from Disney, and have a "pay it forward" campaign where people can pre buy tickets for others to go see.
https://www.angel.com/pay-it-forward/sound-of-freedom

They just can't imagine people paying it forward for legitimate reasons and then people going to see the movie with free tickets.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
(07-17-2023, 04:38 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
(07-17-2023, 04:26 PM)Superstar wrote: I like how they're spewing shit about how everyone involved with Sound Of Freedom is pushing ridiculous conspiracy theories while in the very next sentence claiming conservatives are buying up empty movie theaters where it's showing to pump the movies box office numbers up...for reasons

It is a real program to be fair, it's a Mormon production company that bought the movie from Disney, and have a "pay it forward" campaign where people can pre buy tickets for others to go see.
https://www.angel.com/pay-it-forward/sound-of-freedom

They just can't imagine people paying it forward for legitimate reasons and then people going to see the movie with free tickets.

Ohhh

I get the hate now
If it wasn't for overseas earnings and if currents trend hold Sound of Freedom would be on track to beat both Elemental and Indiana Jones.  lol
There must be more to the story because passing on this seemingly successful box office flick but green lighting obvious bomb Nieve Blanca and the Seven Magical Hipsters would make Disney execs look like incompetent assholes
(07-17-2023, 04:54 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: There must be more to the story because passing on this seemingly successful box office flick but green lighting obvious bomb Nieve Blanca and the Seven Magical Hipsters would make Disney execs look like incompetent assholes

Fox shot it back in 2018, Disney didn't want to release it after buying Fox and then this company bought it up. Cost a whopping 18M to produce, insanely high return on investment at the moment and it's only been released in the US so far. Heads will definitely be rolling internally at Disney over this one lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sir-kenneth-branagh-to-direct-gargoyles-revamp-movie-for-disney.743109/post-109097148 wrote:Until a better source comes along, this thread will remain locked.

Good job mods keeping that banned sources list updated Wow!
3 users liked this post: JoeBoy101, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/exoprimal-ot-a-dino-crisis.740586/page-8#post-108949473

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Conspiracy Theorizing
jasius wrote:
Kiro wrote:When are we getting reviews?
If you're lucid you'll notice that big reviewers hold off reviews of games from big publisher that aren't going to get great reviews for a few days after release to allow for impulse sales from hype demons on youtube/twitch, it also happens to indie games that people in the biz friends have made.

So it's maybe never to probably early next week.
4 users liked this post: benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, BIONIC, Taco Bell Tower
Fj0823

Quote:To me, secret invasion is a 6 on an actual 1-10 scale. Above average but nothing stands out as great.

I had the same feeling with Mando S3.

Lots of fun stuff and I've enjoyed my time but that's it. Will I sing praises to it? No.
Doubt.gif
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, jorma, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/baldur%E2%80%99s-gate-3-leaps-up-steam-charts-after-bear-sex-reveal.741507/page-2#post-108876030

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Point of Comparison to Drive Thread Derail
cgpartlow wrote:
Dalik wrote:There's no bestiality, its a person morphed as bearform.
It's not pedophilia, it's a 1000 year old dragon?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot36-phase-two-discs.730305/page-172#post-108796788

Quote: Cop User Banned (duration pending admin approval): Antagonising other members, accusations of shilling, multiple prior severe bans for console wars
Doctor Avata wrote:
Stoopkid wrote:You know now that I think about it...I don't think I've seen any game journalist actually criticize this deal.
Really rather bizarre for a left leaning anti-corp progressive profession eh?

But then again MS is rarely criticised by the US gaming media. Sure Tom Warren may as well be MS PR at this point.
Quote:Really rather bizarre for a left leaning anti-corp progressive profession eh?

Since when?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/presidential-grifter-cornel-wests-solution-to-russian-imperialism-is-to-give-parts-of-ukraine-to-russia-because-nato-made-them-do-it.742059/page-3#post-108956055

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory thread derail over multiple posts, prior bans for the same
EricTheGamerman wrote:
Walpurgisnacht wrote:These jackasses usually only care about Ukraine politically because supporting them cuts off a major source of funding for them.

Never mind that the aid conservatives are more than happy to hand over to their little pet doomsday paradise Israel dwarfs the funding for Ukraine, clearly it's Ukraine that's marching us toward WWIII - not the country that invaded them and shown they had no ambitions on stopping there.

A year into this war, I don't even know how someone can defend the stance of "Ukraine should make territorial concessions" without being completely embarrassed.
I know of extremely few leftist people supporting Israel at this point, including specifically West who has been outspoken in terms of supporting Palestine so I don't know where you're remotely getting that rhetoric from outside of some straw man you're inventing here to get more upset.

As for "Ukraine can make concessions", I think people frequently fail to acknowledge just how likely it is Ukraine will have to make territorial concessions and are likely to end up being unable to retake territory, especially that which Russia has already controlled for 8 years and they defacto already made concessions on. The West isn't arming Ukraine to achieve complete victory against Russia, they never have and there's no real indication they will. If the front lines are just going to get frozen anyway, I think there's a real point to asking "Is it worth us throwing away several tens of thousands of more people for a few KM in a field somewhere and suffering all the other negative effects of this war when we don't have the capacity to change the situation beyond that?" and not immediately responding with all the "Embarrassing" reductions people are prone to when you suggest Ukraine might be well short of total victory required to achieve such an outcome of no concessions. Ending the war to spare further bloodshed should also be a priority at some point because Ukraine also definitely doesn't have the population numbers on its side and its own demographics are being absolutely destroyed. And if you're not making any success on the battlefield, you also have to earnestly ask yourself how much that is worth when civilian installations are being targeted by missiles and there's no real stop to that outside of ending the war as even the best air defenses won't stop it from happening eventually.

Pushing for a peace option that prevents further blood shed because the lines are solidifying and neither side can fully achieve what it wants to nor really change the state of play shouldn't be met with this absolute vitriol as a suggestion. I don't agree with everything West is saying, but I also don't think he's like fundamentally saying stuff that deserves this level of vitriol or like the constant 'Has to be a Russian asset' naseum that any pacifist/anti-war take can immediately elicit. Saying "I value human life, so I prioritize ending the war as soon as possible" isn't some pro-Russian take. And you can throw all the "but what about what Russia in occupied territory, that's inhumane" all you want, but the reality is if Ukraine can't get to them and the West isn't intervening you can't change that outcome no matter how much you want to. But you might be able to change the outcome for young men in Ukraine mobilized to the front or prevent apartment building bombings from Russian cruise missiles (both direct hits and side effects of shooting them down). You CAN stop additional destruction. And if people just like fundamentally don't share the optimism for complete Ukrainian victory, that's not an unreasonable position to take.

Of course it still depends on Ukraine making decisions and not forcing it upon them, but that doesn't mean you can't indicate a viewpoint on the situation or the West can't be honest about the fact that they don't really believe in Ukraine's full victory either (which we've repeatedly seen signs that Western countries or officials either do not see things like Ukraine retaking Crimea as viable, or that they generally value Putin in power of a singular Russian state as more geopolitically ideal than a full blown civil war with Russian nukes changing hands).
3 users liked this post: killamajig, benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-17-2023, 05:16 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/baldur%E2%80%99s-gate-3-leaps-up-steam-charts-after-bear-sex-reveal.741507/page-2#post-108876030

Quote: Cop User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Point of Comparison to Drive Thread Derail
cgpartlow wrote:
Dalik wrote:There's no bestiality, its a person morphed as bearform.
It's not pedophilia, it's a 1000 year old dragon?

interestingly, given the ban length and lack of editorialising in the ban message ("False Equivalence" or whatever), it seems the mod issuing this ban agrees but is too scared of the furry brigade to let them skate lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/competition-is-good-for-consumer.743094/

Quote:"competition is good for consumer"

OP wrote:not always! if you haven't noticed, most of the discussions around playstation have been about how they have to replace call of duty with this or that, how now they have to try to satisfy the PC players, how they need to have a couple of successful gaas projects, how they have to buy a big publisher, etc. and guess what, sony does have to do a couple of those things in order to survive. their focus is not at doing what made them playstation anymore. it's part of their plan, but not the focus anymore.

Nintend: they don't have any competiton, they're really doing something that no one is doing, and that didn't make them doing poor service to their consumers. in fact they're doing great in that regard. meanwhile PS will be something different in order to compete. they still make things here and there that is exciting to me, but it seems the chances of me (consumer) being excited for their products is getting slimmer and slimmer.

reminder: i'm not talking about microsoft buying ABK or anything specifically. because i think PS started this path years ago, when they tried to make ubisoft-esque single player franchises. the path of "getting lost in a trend" in order to getting bigger and bigger was started a long time ago imo. so im not pointing to anything specifically, but "competetion".

i don't think competition is ALWAYS great for consumers. at least not all consumers. i am a consumer and it has not been good for me in recent years. and im not even trying to say it's completely shit either, cuz it was beneficial for me as well (in PS3 era). i'm just saying i don't think it's as simple as "competition is good for consumers".

These people are so fucking retarded
3 users liked this post: Potato, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-trans-experience-at-zenimax-bethesda-past-employee-talks-about-how-she-was-treated.740793/page-4

5 days later bump and thread whining. Where's the ban?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:I just learned about this, just fuck :(

Bumping so more people see this, I feel sick that I somehow missed this.

Basic decency, even that is too much for most companies or just most people.

Fuck any company that pretends to care about trans people (and LGBTQ+ in general) and taking credit for diversity in their games (that they likely thought against behind the scenes as we saw with Ubisoft) yet do this to their devs behind the scenes.
People are seeing this, but do Era members care? Prolly not. They're too worried about their GamePass memberships and free D4.
It's the fake left that are really right leaning all the corporate cheerleading proves that. They dont give af.

Quote:This forum only cares about trans issues as long is it doesn't touch their video games. Once their beloved studio is involved, then you just sweep it under the floor.
The mormons are the biggest property owners in america iirc, if they have a film charting gangbusters you can be absolutely fucking sure they're fiddling the numbers
3 users liked this post: Potato, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Eric Cartman dateline='[url=tel:1689614957' wrote: 1689614957[/url]']
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1689614186' wrote: 1689614186[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/baldur%E2%80%99s-gate-3-leaps-up-steam-charts-after-bear-sex-reveal.741507/page-2#post-108876030

cgpartlow wrote:It's not pedophilia, it's a 1000 year old dragon?

interestingly, given the ban length and lack of editorialising in the ban message ("False Equivalence" or whatever), it seems the mod issuing this ban agrees but is too scared of the furry brigade to let them skate  lol

Or scared of NepNep you mean.

It’s not just a valid comparison, it’s on fucking point. The BG3 Druid argument is exactly the same argument used for the 1000 year old dragon one, and both are on icky fetishes and philias. Ban message should be, “Pointing out painful truth”.
B-Dumbs is such a whiney little bitch. He literally accuses people of bludgeoning him with his condition every time COVID is brought up and he has the lack of self awareness to say “Well this is a first.”

All these self centered lunatics that you lament filling up “your” message board are just following your lead bro
(07-17-2023, 05:19 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot36-phase-two-discs.730305/page-172#post-108796788

Quote: Cop User Banned (duration pending admin approval): Antagonising other members, accusations of shilling, multiple prior severe bans for console wars
Doctor Avata wrote:
Stoopkid wrote:You know now that I think about it...I don't think I've seen any game journalist actually criticize this deal.
Really rather bizarre for a left leaning anti-corp progressive profession eh?

But then again MS is rarely criticised by the US gaming media. Sure Tom Warren may as well be MS PR at this point.

Quote:duration pending admin approval
What did they mean when they typed this out?
1 user liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth
(07-17-2023, 05:53 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-trans-experience-at-zenimax-bethesda-past-employee-talks-about-how-she-was-treated.740793/page-4

5 days later bump and thread whining. Where's the ban?

Quote:
Quote:People are seeing this, but do Era members care? Prolly not. They're too worried about their GamePass memberships and free D4.
It's the fake left that are really right leaning all the corporate cheerleading proves that. They dont give af.

Quote:This forum only cares about trans issues as long is it doesn't touch their video games. Once their beloved studio is involved, then you just sweep it under the floor.

Quote:It one of the reasons this industry will never change, era is supposed to be one of the more liberal gaming forums, yet here we are again.
Bigshow
Someone should tell them what liberalism actually is (and was tbf)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sag-aftra-is-going-on-strike-effectively-shutting-down-hollywood.741627/page-23#post-109104888

Empyrean Cocytus wrote:So I'm probably being overly cautious here, but I'm wondering if this could backfire horribly.

If films go into a standstill, that's going to lead to a ton of delays and cinemas with nothing to show. And since cinema need to show movies to keep the lights on, they're going to look for whatever they can.

And you know who is still making movies? Right-wing shock-meisters like Angel Studios and the Daily Wire, who don't use unions (of course) and put out some of the worst propaganda ever. I mean they just put out that shitty Qanon movie with Jim Caveizel, and it was a huge hit.

And to make matters worse, the effects will likely start to be felt right around Summer 2024. Just before what is expected to be a very contentious (and VERY CLOSE) Presidential election.
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, benji, BIONIC
https://www.resetera.com/threads/17th-july-2023-new-record-temperatures-expected-across-southern-europe-heatwave.743160/#post-109101816

Trace wrote:
Ctrl Alt Del wrote:I guess my question would be why don't people get (multiple) AC units to their homes?
For the same reason I'd imagine you probably don't have a heater in your car for the snow that you don't get, they didn't used to need to waste money/electricity on AC but climate change is a thing.
lol
These are the geniuses that are going to combat climate change…

Fuck me…
4 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato, Taco Bell Tower, Nintex
(07-17-2023, 07:34 PM)Boredfrom wrote: These are the geniuses that are going to combat climate change…

Fuck me…

They're currently shutting down farming across Europe but don't you dare call them Stalinists Trumps
(07-17-2023, 07:26 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/sag-aftra-is-going-on-strike-effectively-shutting-down-hollywood.741627/page-23#post-109104888

Empyrean Cocytus wrote:So I'm probably being overly cautious here, but I'm wondering if this could backfire horribly.

If films go into a standstill, that's going to lead to a ton of delays and cinemas with nothing to show. And since cinema need to show movies to keep the lights on, they're going to look for whatever they can.

And you know who is still making movies? Right-wing shock-meisters like Angel Studios and the Daily Wire, who don't use unions (of course) and put out some of the worst propaganda ever. I mean they just put out that shitty Qanon movie with Jim Caveizel, and it was a huge hit.

And to make matters worse, the effects will likely start to be felt right around Summer 2024. Just before what is expected to be a very contentious (and VERY CLOSE) Presidential election.

Ignoring the other conspiracy dumbness there, the actors and writers for those movies tend to be parts of the same unions. To say nothing about positioning the major studios as The Good Guys. What do you think the strike is about?
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, benji
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sag-aftra-is-going-on-strike-effectively-shutting-down-hollywood.741627/page-23#post-109105668

Disco Infernal wrote:With or without a strike, you will get right wing leaning movies. One of last year’s biggest movies was military porn.
Cruise Missile
Hap Shaughnessy dateline='[url=tel:1689614758' wrote: 1689614758[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/presidential-grifter-cornel-wests-solution-to-russian-imperialism-is-to-give-parts-of-ukraine-to-russia-because-nato-made-them-do-it.742059/page-3#post-108956055

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory thread derail over multiple posts, prior bans for the same
EricTheGamerman wrote:
Walpurgisnacht wrote:These jackasses usually only care about Ukraine politically because supporting them cuts off a major source of funding for them.

Never mind that the aid conservatives are more than happy to hand over to their little pet doomsday paradise Israel dwarfs the funding for Ukraine, clearly it's Ukraine that's marching us toward WWIII - not the country that invaded them and shown they had no ambitions on stopping there.

A year into this war, I don't even know how someone can defend the stance of "Ukraine should make territorial concessions" without being completely embarrassed.
I know of extremely few leftist people supporting Israel at this point, including specifically West who has been outspoken in terms of supporting Palestine so I don't know where you're remotely getting that rhetoric from outside of some straw man you're inventing here to get more upset.

As for "Ukraine can make concessions", I think people frequently fail to acknowledge just how likely it is Ukraine will have to make territorial concessions and are likely to end up being unable to retake territory, especially that which Russia has already controlled for 8 years and they defacto already made concessions on. The West isn't arming Ukraine to achieve complete victory against Russia, they never have and there's no real indication they will. If the front lines are just going to get frozen anyway, I think there's a real point to asking "Is it worth us throwing away several tens of thousands of more people for a few KM in a field somewhere and suffering all the other negative effects of this war when we don't have the capacity to change the situation beyond that?" and not immediately responding with all the "Embarrassing" reductions people are prone to when you suggest Ukraine might be well short of total victory required to achieve such an outcome of no concessions. Ending the war to spare further bloodshed should also be a priority at some point because Ukraine also definitely doesn't have the population numbers on its side and its own demographics are being absolutely destroyed. And if you're not making any success on the battlefield, you also have to earnestly ask yourself how much that is worth when civilian installations are being targeted by missiles and there's no real stop to that outside of ending the war as even the best air defenses won't stop it from happening eventually.

Pushing for a peace option that prevents further blood shed because the lines are solidifying and neither side can fully achieve what it wants to nor really change the state of play shouldn't be met with this absolute vitriol as a suggestion. I don't agree with everything West is saying, but I also don't think he's like fundamentally saying stuff that deserves this level of vitriol or like the constant 'Has to be a Russian asset' naseum that any pacifist/anti-war take can immediately elicit. Saying "I value human life, so I prioritize ending the war as soon as possible" isn't some pro-Russian take. And you can throw all the "but what about what Russia in occupied territory, that's inhumane" all you want, but the reality is if Ukraine can't get to them and the West isn't intervening you can't change that outcome no matter how much you want to. But you might be able to change the outcome for young men in Ukraine mobilized to the front or prevent apartment building bombings from Russian cruise missiles (both direct hits and side effects of shooting them down). You CAN stop additional destruction. And if people just like fundamentally don't share the optimism for complete Ukrainian victory, that's not an unreasonable position to take.

Of course it still depends on Ukraine making decisions and not forcing it upon them, but that doesn't mean you can't indicate a viewpoint on the situation or the West can't be honest about the fact that they don't really believe in Ukraine's full victory either (which we've repeatedly seen signs that Western countries or officials either do not see things like Ukraine retaking Crimea as viable, or that they generally value Putin in power of a singular Russian state as more geopolitically ideal than a full blown civil war with Russian nukes changing hands).

Dunno what to feel. Eric can have reasonable opinions, and I don’t think this post was bad all, but he is genuinely a contrarian that goes to extremes at points. Also, he has being warned and got thread bans. 

While I feel the west definitely needs to support Ukraine, I also feel is pretty disingenuous to care as much like people at RE if you are not from the region. Excel is a Canadian, why the fuck she cares about a U.S. Politician (with no hopes of being the presidential nominee) says about Ukraine? (beyond look at this asshole and move on).
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
Now this post should get a ban, but it will not:

meowdi_grass wrote:What do Ukrainians and trans people have in common?

Both are under constant pressure from bad actors, misguided leftists, "centrists", and concern trolls to make concessions to people trying to kill them.

Meanwhile, Ukrainians and trans people keep having to tell them to go fuck themselves, but it doesn't seem to register. Sigh

Rolleyes

I’m sorry, but did JK Rowling kidnap children to the TERF island after destroying towns and sabotaging dams?