Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(06-13-2024, 05:58 AM)Averon wrote: ERA loves to say how media literate they are and how media illiterate the chuds are. Yet they see a movie like Civil War and it perplexes and angers them so much because Garland dared not to spoon feed them themes of the movie they approve of. Like, they are mad the movie didn't clearly spell out why the civil war happened despite the movie clearly showing the president being a fascist grabbing power (servings a 3rd term), dismantling opposition (shutting down the FBI), and performing military action on US civilians. But since Garland didn't spoon feed them that the President is a Trump-like MAGA fascist in metaphorical blaring neon signs, the movie "avoided politics."

Somehow I wasn't surprised those idiots didn't get Garland's message. They really do need everything reduced to the most basic, simplistic form. My problem with Civil War was it's a boring film that gives you no reason to care about it's characters. Jesse Plemmon's scene is the only worthwhile thing in it.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Averon, D3RANG3D
(06-13-2024, 07:36 AM)Garfield wrote:
Franky D Tank wrote:The problem is chuds don't understand that the vast majority of white, cis, heterosexual males are painfully mediocre, and for many that are elevated from history, were terrible and if they discovered/invented something, they probably stole the credit. These people will also yell about not erasing history, which means to make sure to center them as the ones being behind everything major that moved societies forward, and if they were involved in anything bad, downplay everything significantly.

This is the probably the richest comment I have ever read from reeee, and that's really saying something.

Oh man, you should have seen how effective the African penicillin was until the mediocre cis white men used capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy to delete it from existence in favour of their inferior version. 

Wakanda remembers.
(06-13-2024, 08:58 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
TheEchoesOfAIncel wrote:Since their is a lot of talk about fantasy RPGs recently with the news of Dragon Age 4, why not just straight up ask, what would be your dream Fantasy RPG? What would you want if you were in charge or an experienced team and had a lot of money?

Would you make something traditional Tolkienesque (which I just learned is an actual word in the Oxford Dictionary), explore your own local cultures history and folklore, modern urban fantasy etc? Would you want it to be turn-based, action, card based? Levelling, romances etc. Whatever (:

I think my dream Fantasy RPG would be:
No traditional levelling and focus on horizontal skills instead (so focusing on blacksmithing Iron will improve your skills, with Schools and teachers that can help).
Also related but nothing like Iron < Steel < Orichalcum (high quality brass) like in games like Elder Scrolls but instead each armour having advantages and disadvantages and variants (many based off real world armours) like Steel is better at slicing and resistant to wear and tear but Iron Armour is easier to repair and better at absorbing shock damage from blunt weaponry.
Minimal item management.
Not open world but several mid-sized maps connected to a central hub city/world with dungeons.
No Elves
Yes to Goblins and Hobgoblins, even if their a species of highly intelligent balled carrion Vulture-cats.
Showing technological advancements and having Hand Cannons and steamboats available.
Many varied romance options with character with the own defined preferences and sexualities that tell deep stories that don't always work out.
Rival Guilds where if you join one, it blocks your from join the other with counterpart storylines.
Character customization where you can choose your character's sexuality at the beginning of the game or you play as a wlw woman.
Hot, swampy bogs, long rivers, deep jungles, a vast area of monsters along with cold tundra mountain cities and Iberian-like locals.
Piracy is common
No inherently evil species
The treatment of Dragons being an allegory for the treatment and eugenics behind pure breeding dogs like the English Bulldog and animal abuse.
Multiple Companions at a time with our 2-3 unique storylines, dialogue and conversations with each other.
Able to make small campfires with your companions with optional cooking minigame, playing music, telling ghost stories or past adventures etc.
Political thriller about corrupt government officials screwing over and abusing the populace and the working class having enough.
Dimetrodons
Classic card game minigames at the inns and pubs.
Not set in England.
Tomb Raiders not treated as heroic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-be-your-dream-fantasy-rpg.900087/

Echoes: “Fuck power fantasies and virtual dolls… let me talk about my power fantasy and cuckold fetish.”

These fuckers will spend hours cooking in a video game, but somehow survive on a steady diet of microwave slop and fast food. 

Esports
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, Boredfrom, D3RANG3D
(06-13-2024, 02:16 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Imran wrote:the thing is, MidoriDistance clearly knew some stuff about Sega/Atlus and must have had some kind of ear to it. But the actual person behind that was so cringey and awful that they were just tapdancing to keep up.

Here's the stupid little secret about insider information: everyone treats it as this sacred thing, but most people not tied to marketing don't give a shit. You don't hear that much at industry events because your boss is right around the corner, but you want to know literally anything about Capcom, Platinum, or SNK? Go hang out in an Osaka bar for a week and someone will happily tell you they are working on Devil May King of Bayonetta 4.

The industry just holds all of this so close on a macro level that weird dweebs can feel very high on leaking stuff for no real good reasons because enthusiasts care about the information and elevate the people giving it. Some people do it for their careers (Grubb) and I actually think that's totally fine, that serves a monetary personal end. But people who just do it for clout they can't actually benefit from because they have to stay anonymous? Weird as hell, man.

Imran, you know how much money this companies pay in marketing. If a drunk developer spills the beans it doesn’t mean you are not wasting company money and resources. I’m also fine with leakers, but let’s not pretend is a victimless act or that monetary reason is much better (talking about video game leaks, not stuff like what Jason does for better or worse).

I also remember past instances of you revealing or hinting information for the clout at NeoGaf. Curious

That guy calling anyone a "weird dweeb" is hilarious. Imran:

[Image: ECh-Log-KUIAAxsq-L.jpg]
For the love of god, get some dental work done.
It's never a surprise but somehow it's always worse than expected
Not so much a smile as it is a mosh pit
loud wrong wrote:I thought it was great. I don't need shit spoonfed to me.

zeovgm wrote:No one is asking to be spoonfed. They're asking for the opposite, actually.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/page-3?post=124412133#post-124412133

ERAsure of the marginalized!
(06-13-2024, 12:12 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:

zeovgm wrote:No one is asking to be spoonfed. They're asking for the opposite, actually.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/page-3?post=124412133#post-124412133

Civil War was bad actually.

Fed with a fire hose, I take it?
(06-13-2024, 12:31 PM)AldusMoneyPenny wrote:

Fed with a fire hose, I take it?

That’s the Marvel way  Tophat
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
Movie needed a guy wearing captain america pjs to fly in and tell both sides “you need to do better, folks.”
TheEchoesOfAIncel wrote:Since their is a lot of talk about fantasy RPGs recently with the news of Dragon Age 4, why not just straight up ask, what would be your dream Fantasy RPG? What would you want if you were in charge or an experienced team and had a lot of money?

Would you make something traditional Tolkienesque (which I just learned is an actual word in the Oxford Dictionary), explore your own local cultures history and folklore, modern urban fantasy etc? Would you want it to be turn-based, action, card based? Levelling, romances etc. Whatever (:

I think my dream Fantasy RPG would be:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-would-be-your-dream-fantasy-rpg.900087/

Echoes: “Fuck power fantasies and virtual dolls… let me talk about my power fantasy and cuckold fetish.”

Quote:Character customization where you can choose your character's sexuality at the beginning of the game or you play as a wlw woman.
Hot, swampy bogs
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/post-124416204
Quote:There are some scenes that are almost unintentionally funny or intentional but out of place funny, or overly whimsical and im not sure any of it really helps with the goal. Im not going to pretend like the technical side of the movie wasn't there with some good performances, it just reads (mostly) as surface level as its AI generated posters and honestly kind of censored and glossy feeling? I dunno. That's the second movie in a row now where a character pushes someone out of the way in slow motion to take the impact instead of them like they're Piccolo from DBZ.

There are moments of absurdity in my movie about war!

Quote:Worth noting that the film credits/thanks fucking Andy Ngo, and IIRC a transphobic TERF that Garland is good friends with. And his interviews about it are very centrist brainworms "both sides" garbage.

The only review of a movie or art that Era needs.  The creator was friends with a bad man.
They use some of Andy Ngo’s Charlottesville footage in the movie, that’s why they thank him. Don’t recall ever seeing Andy ngo and garland being friends or talking lol these people are so susceptible to brain worms
Quote:And his interviews about it are very centrist brainworms "both sides" garbage.

When you have leftists celebrating October 7th with "what did y'all think decolonization meant? vibes? papers? essays?" I think there's actually something to centrism
https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-fails-in-challenge-to-rules-that-bar-her-from-elite-women%E2%80%99s-races.899970/post-124396170 wrote:
Quote:World Aquatics said it welcomed the CAS decision in a case "we believe is a major step forward in our efforts to protect women's sport."
So much bullshit right here.

I want to link this thread by Kyuuji https://www.resetera.com/threads/io...-metrics-compared-to-cis-counterparts.843732/

I'd recommend anyone to give that thread a read.

Confused

So taking this in good faith to be 100% true and not selectively interpreted by someone pushing a particular agenda, there being a mixture of trans only sports leagues and opens is the fairest solution for everybody, right?
(06-13-2024, 03:26 AM)ClothedMac wrote: [Image: xgt1Zjy.png]

I thought SolipsismOfADouchhe got permabanned a long time back Thinking
(06-13-2024, 05:33 AM)benji wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-124314417 wrote:Let's remember that in much of the Western world, women weren't even legally people for many hundreds of years and didn't have basic freedoms. We couldn't own property. We couldn't vote.

Wow, yeah, the Western world is just the absolute fucking worst for women and always has been, especially compared to all the other non-enlightenment values cultures.

Lucky they're all such smooth brained moronic baby factories the majority of them didn't realise that and just leave.

Phew! Am I right fellas?
(06-13-2024, 08:05 AM)Polident wrote: Weird how a bunch of mediocre white dudes managed to fend off this unrecorded coalition of gay non-white women to rule everything.

THE POWER OF ONE
THE POWER OF TWO
THE POWER OF MANY
Now bdumbs is posting ban bait threads. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gaza-protest-vandalism-targets-palestinian-un-mission-in-new-york.900405/
*Insane list of shit ideas*

Even if you were 'in charge' of an experienced team, they wouldn't do most of that shit because it would make a shit product nobody would buy and they'd all have a big turd on their CV. Experienced developers pushed back on Hideo Kojima with his stupid fucking ideas, and you're no fucking Hideo Kojima.

Learn to code and make it in fucking roblox for nobody else to want to play it, or set a hilariously low bar kickstarter that fails to hit minimum goals because nobody wants to play it. End results the same either way.
TheEchoesOfAIncel wrote:you can choose your character's sexuality at the beginning of the game or you play as a wlw woman.

Can I set my PIN Number on the ATM Machine too?
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, Taco Bell Tower, NekoFever
Eric Cartman dateline='[url=tel:1718290069' wrote: 1718290069[/url]']
benji dateline='[url=tel:1718256806' wrote: 1718256806[/url]']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-124314417 wrote:Let's remember that in much of the Western world, women weren't even legally people for many hundreds of years and didn't have basic freedoms. We couldn't own property. We couldn't vote.

Wow, yeah, the Western world is just the absolute fucking worst for women and always has been, especially compared to all the other non-enlightenment values cultures.

Lucky they're all such smooth brained moronic baby factories the majority of them didn't realise that and just leave.

Phew! Am I right fellas?
Hm…trans colors in the avatar. Gender = Female. Posting on Era.

I’m gonna guess this user could have proudly and regularly voted in the years prior to women’s suffrage, no problem.
(06-13-2024, 12:45 PM)Polident wrote: Movie needed a guy wearing captain america pjs to fly in and tell both sides “you need to do better, folks.”

[Image: 8tqz5w.jpg]
TheEchoesOfAIncel wrote:No Elves
Yes to Goblins and Hobgoblins, even if their a species of highly intelligent balled carrion Vulture-cats.
Dragons
Dimetrodons
Many varied romance options

hmm

Quote:No inherently evil species

I only enjoy my EXP grind murdering sentient beings with their own ethical framework Snob
4 users liked this post: benji, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a24s-civil-wars-avoidance-of-modern-politics-is-infuriating.899952/post-124412853
Quote:The Honest Trailer covered this a lot. It really was all bite with no teeth.

Posts Honest trailers. Honest trailers seems like one of those things that Era would deny ever doing/liking.  "Yass Queen," and saying people who don't vote against trump are voting for him are two that come to mind.  So does Ted Talks, Guy Ruins everything, and basically any, "Bread tuber," from over a year ago.

I think I'm as old as them but whenever Era posts a new sensation of the internet I know it's a played out bougie thing for them to notice.  I still love how Nepenthe and Co. think they in the zeitgeist of culture memes.
(06-13-2024, 02:54 PM)TylenolJones wrote: Now bdumbs is posting ban bait threads. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gaza-protest-vandalism-targets-palestinian-un-mission-in-new-york.900405/

Quote:"With Friends Like These..."

Palestinians really do have some of the worse supporters, and unfortunately most Palestianians are not in any position to do anything about it.
User banned (1 week): inflammatory commentary, conflating protestors with bad actors

Wut

Whether you like it or not, those are pro-palestine protesters.
You're just pretending that there's no problem within the movement
Quote:Violence as part of these protests and antisemetic slogans are right to be pointed out and organizers and individuals participating should be quick to kick these type of people out of their ranks as quickly as possible.

However I'm not shedding tears for.... pamphlets? And a sign calling someone a Zionist? And people beind pissed off that the Oct 7th memorial features postings stating things like all palestinians are responsible? Especially since we now know that the MAJORITY of those who died at that concert on the 7th were killed by the IDF?

Pardon me while I spare a second or two between images of hundreds of children torn to shreds, thousands with missing arms and legs, to try and give a shit.

Hahahahaha holy shit.
BDubs is such a coward. He needed to make the mod sanctioned thread because this shit is even affecting him directly but cannot let people connect the dots about how RE is a enabler of misinformation.

That dude that he banned for a week did not say anything wrong, do you think the movement got that big just by itself? Have you read about some of this organizations? Nope, I still need to pretend the protests are okey even if I’m feeling the heat of it.