Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Nepenthe wrote:Blackness has always come with an inherent presupposition that we are not only meant to suffer, but that that suffering is natural, because we live in a system founded upon four centuries of treating those deemed as Black like cattle. A butcher doesn't cry over their livestock.

Furthermore, it's not even just that the state and the civilian population is always doing its damnedest to kill us, it's that the animosity also comes with the belief that we have a higher tolerance for suffering, and thus our suffering is truly not that bad. It's abuser logic- what I'm doing to you is okay because it's not actually hurting you. That's also partly why whites always say we're blowing things out of proportion; they can't fathom that we're human beings, because culturally they've never actually been conditioned to fathom it.

And sure, it's very easy, understandable even, that you would feel despondent and defeated by being born in a world that literally only exists the way it does now because it had to oppress an entire continent's worth of your people for centuries and that it's still ongoing. I simply look at it differently- I don't see why I should respect the institutions and people that are stupid enough to think that having higher protection from skin cancer somehow makes me less human. White supremacy doesn't make me particularly emotional anymore. It's annoying, but at the same time I cannot say I am ever surprised by anything white people of any political persuasion throw at us, because being surprised would mean I have higher expectations of conduct, and at this point I simply don't. Until white supremacy, and by extension capitalism, are dismantled, expect the fuckery to continue.

So while it sucks that the world is the way it is, I personally find it liberating to understand that I don't actually have to respect white opinions, white nonsense, white supremacy, the West, none of it. It makes fighting for solutions a whole lot easier and less complicated, because I have far less information and feelings to take into account.

I have never once, not a single time, met a 'white' person that believed any of this bullshit.  Never in my life have I met someone so intent on suffering and identifying with trauma that they were never part of and refuse to take advantage of the privilege and luck they were born into.
Nep would ask if the white people you know have given all their possessions to a black family, otherwise they’re part of the problem.
5 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, D3RANG3D, benji
(06-17-2024, 10:19 PM)Ethan wrote:
(06-17-2024, 09:59 PM)Eric Cartman wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/blackness-seems-to-be-defined-by-suffering-persecution-death.903810/

cool forum of totally mentally stable users

At least transness is defined by trans joy. Smile

apparently this is only 59% accurate
(06-17-2024, 11:16 PM)remy wrote: Zeo actually likes a lot of iffy shit by "problematic" "creators" (music) but you'll never see him admit it on reset

He's defended Eminem a bunch of times, and while I think Eminem is pretty funny for a rapper some of the stuff chicka-chicka-slim shady says is was more offensive and much less carefully constructed as a joke
Now we're talking:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-duke-nick-fuentes-sneako-and-the-alt-right-give-up-the-game.904251/

Quote:Do not allow your support for the Palestinian people to be twisted into the virulent antisemitism these assholes are fomenting online.

[Image: scrubs-where-do-you-think-we-are.gif]
They stickied the fucking Celtics win ABOVE the GENEOCIDE.

Sabu
(06-18-2024, 01:47 PM)Shecky Fragbaum wrote: Now we're talking:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-duke-nick-fuentes-sneako-and-the-alt-right-give-up-the-game.904251/

Quote:Do not allow your support for the Palestinian people to be twisted into the virulent antisemitism these assholes are fomenting online.

AlgusUnderdunk wrote:A reminder to never stop punching them.

DevilPuncher wrote:Man, I wish I could trade places with the guy who punched Sneako.

Lots of fantasizing about violence towards a mixed race black/asian american too. They aint slick

ufup
(06-18-2024, 01:47 PM)Shecky Fragbaum wrote: Now we're talking:

Campus protest leader: "Zionists don't deserve to live"

David Duke: "I agree"

Resetera member: "Israel needs to be destroyed"

David Duke: "I agree"

Resetera conclusion: "DON'T LET THE ALT RIGHT CO-OPT THE MOVEMENT"
(06-18-2024, 01:06 PM)Propagandhim wrote:
Nepenthe wrote:Blackness has always come with an inherent presupposition that we are not only meant to suffer, but that that suffering is natural, because we live in a system founded upon four centuries of treating those deemed as Black like cattle. A butcher doesn't cry over their livestock.

Furthermore, it's not even just that the state and the civilian population is always doing its damnedest to kill us, it's that the animosity also comes with the belief that we have a higher tolerance for suffering, and thus our suffering is truly not that bad. It's abuser logic- what I'm doing to you is okay because it's not actually hurting you. That's also partly why whites always say we're blowing things out of proportion; they can't fathom that we're human beings, because culturally they've never actually been conditioned to fathom it.

And sure, it's very easy, understandable even, that you would feel despondent and defeated by being born in a world that literally only exists the way it does now because it had to oppress an entire continent's worth of your people for centuries and that it's still ongoing. I simply look at it differently- I don't see why I should respect the institutions and people that are stupid enough to think that having higher protection from skin cancer somehow makes me less human. White supremacy doesn't make me particularly emotional anymore. It's annoying, but at the same time I cannot say I am ever surprised by anything white people of any political persuasion throw at us, because being surprised would mean I have higher expectations of conduct, and at this point I simply don't. Until white supremacy, and by extension capitalism, are dismantled, expect the fuckery to continue.

So while it sucks that the world is the way it is, I personally find it liberating to understand that I don't actually have to respect white opinions, white nonsense, white supremacy, the West, none of it. It makes fighting for solutions a whole lot easier and less complicated, because I have far less information and feelings to take into account.

Whats that phrase? Saying the quiet part out loud?

Teehee
Nintendo finally makes a Zelda game starring Zelda and RE is legit angry because they didn't go the cheap Link reskin route but instead have Zelda puzzle focused

Quote:I assumed they'd do something vaguely sexist with a playable Zelda like "she's too weak to fight with a sword so she uses a bow" but having her rearrange furniture as her main thing is more than I could ever imagine

Planetsmasher wrote:
Quote:That's bullshit frankly. Yea what she can do is creative but what a fucking let down.

It's really depressing. I don't even mind the puzzle focus but let our girl actually fight directly. This idea that female-led versions of Nintendo games can't feature their franchise's core combat tenets drives me insane.

Quote:
Quote:It's really depressing. I don't even mind the puzzle focus but let our girl actually fight directly. This idea that female-led versions of Nintendo games can't feature their franchise's core combat tenets drives me insane.
Apparently doing so makes them a gender swapped Link to some. Fucking nonsense. Hope the game does well, not for me.

Quote:Finally getting a playable Zelda and it's Link's Awakening's art style and she can't use weapons. The monkey's paw is not usually so cruel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/post-124640763

Their sole concept of a strong female character is really just a palette swap of a male one.
(06-18-2024, 02:50 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Nintendo finally makes a Zelda game starring Zelda and RE is legit angry because they didn't go the cheap Link reskin route but instead have Zelda puzzle focused

Quote:I assumed they'd do something vaguely sexist with a playable Zelda like "she's too weak to fight with a sword so she uses a bow" but having her rearrange furniture as her main thing is more than I could ever imagine

Planetsmasher wrote:
Quote:That's bullshit frankly. Yea what she can do is creative but what a fucking let down.

It's really depressing. I don't even mind the puzzle focus but let our girl actually fight directly. This idea that female-led versions of Nintendo games can't feature their franchise's core combat tenets drives me insane.

Quote:
Quote:It's really depressing. I don't even mind the puzzle focus but let our girl actually fight directly. This idea that female-led versions of Nintendo games can't feature their franchise's core combat tenets drives me insane.
Apparently doing so makes them a gender swapped Link to some. Fucking nonsense. Hope the game does well, not for me.

Quote:Finally getting a playable Zelda and it's Link's Awakening's art style and she can't use weapons. The monkey's paw is not usually so cruel.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/post-124640763

Their sole concept of a strong female character is really just a palette swap of a male one.

I bet Nintendo doesn’t even make her a lesbian. literally shaking
They will never be happy. Just miserable people .
(06-18-2024, 02:50 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: Nintendo finally makes a Zelda game starring Zelda and RE is legit angry because they didn't go the cheap Link reskin route but instead have Zelda puzzle focused

Planetsmasher wrote:

Quote:

I fucking knew it, I KNEW this entire conversation was happening as I watched it  lol Dead 

"she couldn't be a badass with a sword, they made her a wimpy weak woman who cowers behind big strong monsters who do her bidding"
Social Justice Warrior
Quote:I'll take it.

I don't love the LA Remake art style.
I don't love the core gameplay gimmick is copying items.
I don't love that both this and Peach Showtime have Nintendo still stuck in this "the girls wouldn't be traditional heroes, we need to change the gameplay to be more girl-like" mindset, even bringing back the "she's wisdom, not courage" thing. And then if they don't sell as well, they'll view it as an issue with the starring character and not the different gameplay forced onto them.

But.
I'll take it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/post-124647165

Doesn't princess peach have a bunch of variations where she fights enemies all traditional? What do they even want?
spam musubi wrote:I'm being partially facetious. I mean, Sheik is right there as an option if a more combat oriented secondary style was also necessary. That being said, while she can be depicted as a spellcaster for sure, literally the first example of what she does being moving furniture just gave me a bad vibe. I'm sure there's more to the game, but the vibes I got from the trailer was that she's more "homely" and meek rather than a badass spellcaster.

lol  
It's just petty whining/trying to find a way to be upset.
Planet Smasher is losing his mind over the new Zelda game. Can we start collecting bets, how long until this guy decides he is yet another Transbian of Era? He posts like them and hangs out in their threads and has very similar ideas.

planet smasher wrote:I was excited for this until they were like "oh you want Zelda to be able to FIGHT lol fuck that here throw tables at them".

planet smasher wrote:She can't. She can summon echoes of enemies and let them fight things for her or summon echoes and throw them at enemies. She has no melee/direct attacks.

planet smasher wrote:It's really depressing. I don't even mind the puzzle focus but let our girl actually fight directly. This idea that female-led versions of Nintendo games can't feature their franchise's core combat tenets drives me insane.

planet smasher wrote:Give her a distinct core weapon. It doesn't need to be a sword, give her a spear or something and give her core combat mechanics built around that. There were ways to do it beyond "hide in the back and throw rocks at them".

planet smasher wrote:My thought is: give her the staff and all of its features but let her defend herself directly with a weapon of her own. It shouldn't be hard.

planet smasher wrote:Give her an entirely distinct set of abilities that don't match one to one to Link's but still allow her direct self-defense capabilities. I don't know why people are acting like I'm saying "make her play exactly like Link". I'm not. I'm saying I want Zelda to be able to protect herself in combat, especially when enemies get close to her.

Weapons you could give her to make her stand out: a rope dart/whip, magical orbs she can lash out with when enemies get close, a spear she can launch herself off of for aerial attacks, etc. So many options that aren't just "give her sword now she is link" but let her actually fight when she needs to.

planet smasher wrote:What are you supposed to do if enemies get too close to you? Dropping a ghost on the floor and running away so the enemy fights the ghost instead of you isn't satisfying for me. At least having some kind of emergency melee attack you can rely on to put enemies down if necessary should be a baseline option.

This is what gets me so frustrated. This is Nintendo yet again pulling the "the girl is too frail to traditionally defend herself so here's new gameplay" card they pulled with Super Princess Peach.

I don't mind the puzzle focus, but the fact that Zelda has literally zero direct self-defense options just bothers me. Give her a weapon entirely distinct to her and build some basic self-defense mechanics around it and I'm fine. I literally never want to rely on stupid AI drones to do anything.

planet smasher wrote:Who said anything about being physically powerful? Read my posts. I am repeatedly asking for her to have a self-defense option that suits her, a weapon that is distinctly Zelda. If it's a bunch of orbiting magical orbs she can lash out with or use to cause elemental interactions, I'm already in. That's all I need. An "oh shit" button for when enemies get too close.

For fuck's sake, I am NOT asking for her to just be Link.

edit: one more while typing this up !
planet smasher wrote:Wasn't the Deku Tree in one of the Oracle games or am I hallucinating?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-9?post=124648377#post-124648377

All of that within 9 pages. I do find it rather telling that a game which is purposefully made for players to creatively defeat puzzles is driving him insane lol
fortunately most of the people in that thread are just plain happy and excited about it

it looks good! unique concept! I would enjoy it
(06-18-2024, 03:14 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: All of that within 9 pages. I do find it rather telling that a game which is purposefully made for players to creatively defeat puzzles is driving him insane lol

He kind of starts of with "it's sexist how Nintendo doesn't let women fight" (which also isn't true, Samus is right there) but then it quickly becomes clear to me that he's actually terrified that he'll just suck ass at yet another game
I think the Zelda reaction generally sums up what I hate about Resetera. It's not enough that you just say "I don't like this kind of gameplay, wish it was different" No, you have to tie to some virtuous cause. Actually nintendo is evil and sexist because they didn't make the palette swap zelda game you wanted and that's the objective truth.
(06-17-2024, 12:52 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
melhadf wrote:It must be nice to be so comfortable in life that you don't get companies trying to simultaneously take your money while trying to deny you rights or agency.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-preview-thread.902991/page-2?post=124576500#post-124576500
There's all kinds of media companies that want to restrict my First Amendment protections and have me thrown in prison without due process. ???

(06-17-2024, 01:23 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
entrement wrote:Elections matter.

kiyamet wrote:Do they matter though? Democrats won everything and are still losing.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/house-passes-defense-bill-targeting-abortion-access-transgender-troops-and-diversity.903219/?post=124581849#post-124581849

What
You forget the immortal words of the Constitution: One man, one vote, one time.

(06-17-2024, 04:47 PM)Eric Cartman wrote:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/post-124566600 wrote:Those that support Palestinians emancipation know that resisting occupation is legal and this is 100% an occupation.
Oh, well, it's legal! Girlslaff 

(06-17-2024, 07:27 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: They're really trying to make the Gears of War controversy happen:

Quote:Del and Kait both deserve better but fuck the new girls & fans who bought xboxs just for Gears 6. (Learned my lesson)
If it wasn't for a few people in the gears thread I would probably get banned.(thank you Ash_Greytree & BlackheartVinyl)

Oh but don't worry, in five or six years they will finally finish the story...in a comic book.
Fuck xbox.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-124573695
"I Was Stupid: How It's Everyone Else's Fault"

(06-18-2024, 02:43 AM)Ethan wrote:
Quote: As far as solutions, I just see it going one of two ways.

1)Late stage capitalism completely falls apart to the point of there's a real alignment in the basic idea that White supremacy hurts us with the collapse of the white middle class as proof, and they come to their goddamn senses. We win.

2)Late stage capitalism completely falls apart and white people lose their minds and we win by default, lol. While there's a large contingent masturbating violently to the hypothetical race war (that oddly never pops off how hard some chuds try), by the very nature of being oppressed in a system like the US makes us better suited for it falling apart than most realize.
You would think after 150+ years they'd stop believing they were in the late stage of capitalism. Especially when they have no way of identifying either the late stage or, for most of them, capitalism

Nepenthe wrote:Furthermore, it's not even just that the state and the civilian population is always doing its damnedest to kill us,
Then why are the results so poor?

Nepenthe wrote:And sure, it's very easy, understandable even, that you would feel despondent and defeated by being born in a world that literally only exists the way it does now because it had to oppress an entire continent's worth of your people for centuries and that it's still ongoing.
Uh, why? You never explain how this is supposed to work.

Nepenthe wrote:I simply look at it differently- I don't see why I should respect the institutions and people that are stupid enough to think that having higher protection from skin cancer somehow makes me less human. White supremacy doesn't make me particularly emotional anymore. It's annoying, but at the same time I cannot say I am ever surprised by anything white people of any political persuasion throw at us, because being surprised would mean I have higher expectations of conduct, and at this point I simply don't. Until white supremacy, and by extension capitalism, are dismantled, expect the fuckery to continue.

It's always nice of her to put her virulent racism just directly out there. But it's all okay because that forum is outright steeped in bigotry, self-projection and conspiratorial thinking to explain the cognitive dissonance between reality and their narcissism. That's how you know they're on the right side of history and not the baddies. It's all the less humans with the wrong skin color, or sex, or sexual orientation, or religion that are the problem. Eliminate those annoyances and we'll have utopia finally. Especially since everyone with similar demographic characteristics as myself must be exactly like me since those arbitrary demographics are the only thing that make me me.

She's a perfect example of how being not-even-wrong and filling your posts with gish-gallop and all the other creationist-associated techniques while wielding institutional power effectively makes it so no one challenges you no matter how insane the things you say are. This is a person who is so ignorant and stupid you could stump her completely with just a couple questions and rather than ever respond she'll cry and run home and have B-Dubs lecture everyone about how what she said is what she meant but you're not allowed to take issue with that. They're such racists and misogynists over there they probably would tell you "you can't expect her to know better, she's Black and a woman" to explain her ignorant violent tirades that come from:
[Image: nepenthehouse.png]
(06-18-2024, 03:21 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(06-18-2024, 03:14 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: All of that within 9 pages. I do find it rather telling that a game which is purposefully made for players to creatively defeat puzzles is driving him insane lol

He kind of starts of with "it's sexist how Nintendo doesn't let women fight" (which also isn't true, Samus is right there) but then it quickly becomes clear to me that he's actually terrified that he'll just suck ass at yet another game

I'm also sure that Peach game had her do some fighting as well. so i don't know why they are bringing up that game as well or what their problem is with it.
(06-18-2024, 03:27 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote: I think the Zelda reaction generally sums up what I hate about Resetera. It's not enough that you just say "I don't like this kind of gameplay, wish it was different" No, you have to tie to some virtuous cause. Actually nintendo is evil and sexist because they didn't make the palette swap zelda game you wanted and that's the objective truth.
It's because their entire pursuit of "virtue" is as a way to get around tolerating different opinions. If you don't like something I like I'd be the baddie if I harangued you and accused you of things for having a different opinion from me. But if the reasons you don't like it are suspect for ideological and moral reasons, well, now you're the baddie. And all good people now have a duty to support me and destroy your immoral ways. (Or they're showing their asses.)
the peach game looked whatever, dont care, but this new zelda game looks pretty interesting from a unique solutions perspective. So of course planet smasher rages, we already know hes failed at every creative avenue in his life, be it screen writing, journalism, comedy, etc. This game is laughing in his face lol

edit:
planet smasher wrote:The top-down perspective definitely means the game is going to take significantly less time to develop and test than a full 3D world. It's a cost/dev time thing for sure. Or are you saying you'd like them to do a top-down game with vaguely BotW-esque graphics? I don't think that perspective and that art style would mix well.

Remember, A HUGE CHUNK of TotK's dev time was testing/polishing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-12?post=124651653#post-124651653

.... what
(06-18-2024, 03:38 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: the peach game looked whatever, dont care, but this new zelda game looks pretty interesting from a unique solutions perspective. So of course planet smasher rages, we already know hes failed at every creative avenue in his life, be it screen writing, journalism, comedy, etc. This game is laughing in his face lol

edit:
planet smasher wrote:The top-down perspective definitely means the game is going to take significantly less time to develop and test than a full 3D world. It's a cost/dev time thing for sure. Or are you saying you'd like them to do a top-down game with vaguely BotW-esque graphics? I don't think that perspective and that art style would mix well.

Remember, A HUGE CHUNK of TotK's dev time was testing/polishing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-12?post=124651653#post-124651653

.... what

A top down Zelda game with BOTW-esque graphics sounds based. What he is talking about?
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia, kaleidoscopium
Kyuuji wrote:Literally had my head in something and forgot there was a direct then remembered and went in blind not having looked here and then I lost my mind at Perfect Dark with online multi and then they show a brand new Zelda game with ZELDA AS THE LEAD?!?

retardclapping.gif

kyuuji wrote:Crafting puzzle monster tamer game like we won so hard 😭
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-13?post=124653258#post-124653258

Looks like queen of era has spoken, no more critique allowed lol

will be funny to see planet smasher screaming and if kyuuji goes for his head
also zelda represents trans-ness in this game
Emoji Zelda 2: Echoes of Wokeness transed my egg children maf
(06-18-2024, 03:45 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Kyuuji wrote:Literally had my head in something and forgot there was a direct then remembered and went in blind not having looked here and then I lost my mind at Perfect Dark with online multi and then they show a brand new Zelda game with ZELDA AS THE LEAD?!?

retardclapping.gif

kyuuji wrote:Crafting puzzle monster tamer game like we won so hard 😭
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-wisdom-announced-releases-september-26-zelda-is-the-main-character.904389/page-13?post=124653258#post-124653258

Looks like queen of era has spoken, no more critique allowed lol

will be funny to see planet smasher screaming and if kyuuji goes for his head

What's this, the vice-queen is unhappy!

Morrigan wrote:
Quote:We finally berated Nintendo into making a Zelda game starring Zelda
Tbh... it's not even a "Zelda game". It's a puzzle spin-off.

It's great to have a playable Zelda game, but an adventure game spin-off isn't the same as a mainline Zelda, and it's gonna be incredibly annoying to see people trot up this game as if we should all shut up about it now.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/post-124653678
It's not even a "Zelda" game now:

Morrigan wrote:Tbh... it's not even a "Zelda game". It's a puzzle spin-off.

It's great to have a playable Zelda game, but an adventure game spin-off isn't the same as a mainline Zelda, and it's gonna be incredibly annoying to see people trot up this game as if we should all shut up about it now.
We've seen Morrigan get banned for anti asian racism, kyuuji has never been banned to my knowledge. Therefore Kyuuji will likely win this battle!
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia