Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Malarkey!

Bonus streamcross:

Spoiler: but nobody in trans liberation supports this! (click to show)

Spoiler: it's all fascism? always has been (click to show)

"hey, you guys are really losing swing voters with your rigid extreme views, and while I'm here let me say some other stupid stuff"

"shut up"
"not reading that shit"
"not a real swing voter they don't say slurs"
"kill yourself"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-warren-more-xbox-layoffs-happening-this-week.917817/page-3?post=125327919#post-125327919

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): misrepresenting moderation and another member's ban history
Odinsmana wrote:The Activision acquisition has already ruined a lot of lives and will now continue to ruin many more. Fuck corporate mergers.

Dan Thunder wrote:If he didn't think that spending $80bn would come with some difficult actions necessary then he's a fool.
I mean you got thread banned on this very site for being critical of the acquisition in the acquisition thread. It seems like a lot of people on this site believed in the utopian Activision merger as well. Phil I assume knew all along what would happen.
Do they think Activision wasn't going to be firing anybody ever again?

They should look at the merger as a benefit, Microsoft's clearing out a lot of executives and managers because they're far more redundant than actual developers since Microsoft already has that staff.

This is the same thing that happened with Bethesda. Do they think Microsoft shouldn't have cleaned up the Redfall disaster?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-a-mess-biden-turns-to-family-on-his-path-forward-after-his-disastrous-debate.915405/page-18?post=125335812#post-125335812

Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): misrepresenting moderation
Scuffed wrote:
Shoot wrote:Also this. This thread is full of conspiracy theories about all journalists being out to get Biden. We've seen mountains of articles from reputable news agencies this past week with Democratic sources painting a grave picture of Biden's condition just dismissed as fake news by half the thread. I've never seen anything like it on this forum. In other threads we've seen strict moderation of conspiracy theories but it's open season here. The result is we have two camps operating in two different realities.
It has the politics prefix too so it's supposed to be even more strict against wild accusations. At the end of the day moderation must just agree with the conspiracy and that all these journalists are lying about their sources. I don't even care anymore I've said everything I need to say. Let the denial flourish until the inevitable tell all that confirms everything all over again but chances are that will just be called right wing no matter who writes it. Real cult shit.
Fuck this

Fuck Off

Fuck

Fuck me

Fucking

Reeeeee
https://www.resetera.com/threads/shift-up-cfo-at-ipo-press-conference-we-estimate-that-cumulative-sales-of-stellar-blade-have-exceeded-1-million.910332/page-6?post=125014974#post-125014974

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): dismissive commentary
kxs wrote:1 million sales is good. However, I feel the discourse around this game has evaporated two weeks after release.

The cultural wars behind this game around release time was just puzzling. This game did not warrant the level of attention and debate.

Eve's character designs were pretty tame compared to some of the JRPGs out there.

It was strange to see right-wing trolls rallying around this game. But it was also interesting to see progressives drawing the line at Stellar Blade.

Shift Up seems like an easy target compared to the established studios where sexist BS occurs on the regular. We know about the stuff that happened at Activision, Blizzard, Ubisoft etc. We know less about what is happening in Era's beloved Japanese studios.
what was the slur I'm not reading that shit
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-409?post=125333085#post-125333085

Some person in the Burka thread wrote:The First Descendant at a glance just looks like Stellar Blade but online. Why do most Korean games that I've seen lately follow a similar trend?

Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: 8AGubzy.gif]

[Image: ult-bunny-outfit-front-and-fear-first-decendent.jpg]

Asses are too scary Not like this!
(07-03-2024, 06:02 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: what was the slur I'm not reading that shit
But absent our filter:
(07-03-2024, 05:02 PM)benji wrote:
Quote:Don't want people of gender in your little girl's bathroom? Transphobe!
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
(07-03-2024, 06:02 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-409?post=125333085#post-125333085

Some person in the Burka thread wrote:Why do most Korean games that I've seen lately follow a similar trend?
Because this is a popular design style in Korea?
TwoHearts made an amateur mistake thinking he could get away with posting his pedo stuff outside the mensbian thread
Dude deserved to be banned on sight for going Ron Paul → Obama → Bernie Sanders → Trump
I can't handle so much enlightenment and free thinking.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-123?post=125343777#post-125343777

TheGummyBear wrote:But seriously, when people tend to invoke the name of Freud in their arguments (Especially here, where I'm not even sure Freud ever talked about the commonality of a cross dressing fetish) they're not just demonstrating they're not very bright people trying to sound smart, they're often projecting their own feelings about things while trying to sound an authority on them.
Thinking
(07-03-2024, 06:02 PM)Steven Snell wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-409?post=125333085#post-125333085

Some person in the Burka thread wrote:The First Descendant at a glance just looks like Stellar Blade but online. Why do most Korean games that I've seen lately follow a similar trend?

[Image: 8AGubzy.gif]

[Image: ult-bunny-outfit-front-and-fear-first-decendent.jpg]

Asses are too scary Not like this!

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Cracks_of_Doom
(07-03-2024, 06:16 PM)Ethan wrote: Dude deserved to be banned on sight for going Ron Paul → Obama → Bernie Sanders → Trump
I can't handle so much enlightenment and free thinking.

He's the last true swing voter. He swang, swung and swong while the rest of us were still sucking at our mother's teat.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/?post=125344656#post-125344656

shinobi602 wrote:Anyone that cares a single bit about the freedoms we have will come out and vote for this man so we don't actually descend into literal dictatorship. It's America or Trump, simple as that.
Teehee
The real cancel culture:
https://reason.com/volokh/2024/07/03/lawsuit-against-kathy-griffin-alleginging-she-tweeted-to-get-man-fired-can-go-forward/ wrote:One of the teenagers … posted [the video] to their personal TikTok account. TikTok removed the video from its site, but before it was removed, the video was downloaded and posted on other social media platforms, including Twitter, Reddit, and LinkedIn.

On April 26, 2021, Griffin republished the video on Twitter and stated "If this is Sam Johnson in Nashville, Tennessee, the CEO of @VisuWell, healthcare-tech-growth strategist, married to Jill Johnson where they may reside in Franklin, Tennessee, it seems like he's dying to be online famous." Plaintiffs allege that Griffin's tweet republishing the video caused it to go viral. After Griffin published her first tweet, Griffin responded to a comment posted by the teenager who videoed the incident and stated that she was "proud to be any [sic] ally" and "[l]et me know if there's anything I can do to help."

Later that day, Griffin published another tweet attaching two images of Mr. Johnson's face and writing: "Who is? THIS [sic] Sam Johnson of Franklin Tennessee [sic]?"

On April 26, 2021, VisuWell published the following statements, among others:
Quote:We unequivocally condemn the behavior exhibited by Sam Johnson in a recent video widely circulated on social media.

After investigating the matter and speaking to individuals involved, the VisuWell BOD has chosen to terminate Mr. Johnson from his position as CEO, effective immediately.
Later that same day, Griffin published another statement that "the nation will remain vigilant" and asked VisuWell if Mr. Johnson had been removed from his position on the Board of Directors. VisuWell replied to Griffin's post and stated "terminated." The next day, on April 27, 2021, VisuWell published another post that stated "Mr. Johnson is no longer employed by VisuWell in any capacity." Plaintiffs contend that VisuWell officially terminated Mr. Johnson's employment contract on April 26, 2021.

Plaintiffs allege that after Griffin posted the video, they received "countless online threats—including threats of rape and death—as a foreseeable and proximate result of Ms. Griffin's call-to-action to make Mr. and Mrs. Johnson 'online famous'."
Quote:While speech about public concerns is often entitled to "special protection," for matters of purely private significance, First Amendment protections are "often less rigorous." Snyder v. Phelps (2011).

Here, Griffin seeks dismissal of Plaintiffs' tort claims on the basis that her speech was a matter of public concern. Specifically, without explaining how or why, Griffin asserts that her social media statements ["]unquestionably addressed a matter of public concern [and are therefore] entitled to "special protection" under the First Amendment." …

Turning to this case, accepting Plaintiffs' allegations as true, Griffin's public statements did not involve a subject of "legitimate news interest" or one of "concern to the public." Instead, Plaintiffs allege not that Griffin made false or defamatory statements, but rather that Griffin provided commentary about Mr. Johnson resulting in damages under a variety of tort theories….

Here, Plaintiffs allege that Griffin caused an edited video clip to "go viral" and added her own commentary; as noted above, the clip involved interactions between Mr. Johnson and teenage prom-goers in a Franklin, Tennessee hotel lobby. Plaintiffs allege that the video clip was removed from the original social media platform, TikTok, only to be included later by Griffin's Twitter account, along with her commentary.
So much for the FREEZE PEACH crowd when it's a marginalized person under attack by fascists.
That Star Lord dude checks Ree in hopes he's unbanned.   
Last seen Today at 1:09 PM
Feels bad, man
(07-03-2024, 06:35 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/?post=125344656#post-125344656

shinobi602 wrote:Anyone that cares a single bit about the freedoms we have will come out and vote for this man so we don't actually descend into literal dictatorship. It's America or Trump, simple as that.
Teehee

This is the same dude who never voted in his entire life til Trump won.
(07-03-2024, 06:35 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/?post=125344656#post-125344656

What are these dudes going to do if they lose? Like I'm completely flabbergasted that people actually think like this.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/page-3?post=125346249#post-125346249

Judge wrote:Kinda wild that the whole "news is a 24 hour cycle thing" has been true…there's been like 7 horrible things about Trump and RFK since the debate but *nothing* is getting covered other than the guy who sounded raspy a week ago.
  Gurl
5 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, BIONIC, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower

Teehee

Shinobi must not have cared about freedom in 2016 since he didn’t bother to vote in a swing state. 

Quote:The guy who predicted the last 9 of 10 elections correctly has said Biden is still believed to win.

Rofl Trump winning will suck, but all the meltdowns and infighting after the election will be hilarious.
Joe Biden should clearly come out in favor or minor surgeries lol. Are they this fucking stupid? Opposing that is literally a slam dunk and saying anything otherwise will be dumb as hell.
(07-03-2024, 03:21 PM)benji wrote:
Royalan, https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-politics-ot-1-smoked-filled-mar-a-lago-rooms.826662/post-125318919 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: when you anecdotally superimpose social gender dynamics onto American politics, everything makes sense.

Republican Daddy is strong and takes care of us. So we can't complain when he's a belligerent asshole, when he comes home hours late from work smelling like booze and with lipstick on his collar. When he ignores the kids to watch his sports...oh! that's just Daddy!

But Mommy? Democratic Mommy has to be perfect. She has to keep the house clean, and help the kids with their homework, and go to all the PTA meetings, and clean up all the boo-boos, and make sure her lipstick is put on just so. And she can't ever complain. And if she ever makes a mistake, she's a bad mommy!
What

Well, Democrat Mummy is the one who wants to tell us how to sit at the table when we're eating, what we can do with our spare time and pocket money, and who we can be friends with. 

Republican Daddy says do whatever you want, eat whatever you want and hang out with whoever you want as long as they're not a terrorist.
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Nintex, ClothedMac, Taco Bell Tower
Look, everything depends on this, but no, I'm not going to do anything over the next six months to prepare for the absolute crisis I think could happen. Snob
Since Twohearts is banned I'll have to use the Red Mercury account to make my "What are your preparations and plans for the possible Trump dictatorship?" thread.

Teehee
who did you vote for the first time Trump ran, shinobi? Society
Like we can trust a dude who hasn't cut off his fucking racist chud kid. Doesn't scream "ally" to me.
(07-03-2024, 06:37 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: That Star Lord dude checks Ree in hopes he's unbanned.   
Last seen Today at 1:09 PM
Feels bad, man

When virtue signalling goes wrong. 

Everybody is laughing at you! Point and Laugh
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower