Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-everyone-they%E2%80%99re-called-%E2%80%9Cplatform-fighters%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%94-not-%E2%80%9Csmash-clones%E2%80%9D.927165/
Quote:What are we back in the 90's where FPS's were "DOOM clones" lol.

Let's go already, get with the times content creators. Too many podcasts and YouTube videos where people who follow this industry aren't calling these games platform fighters.

I know y'all read this forum. You may even stumble upon this thread. Think of this OP next time you want to call a platform fighter a "Smash clone" and correct yourself 👊🤓

EDIT:

The comparisons to Roguelikes, Metroidvanias, etc. aren't the same. "Platform Fighter" isn't being challenged like people challenged "Metroidvania," if that makes sense.

A lot of people already refer to the genre as platform fighters. This is just a case of not knowing about it. "Platform fighter" is already a widely used, accepted, unchallenged descriptor for the genre. "Smash clone" is good for shorthand to the masses, for sure, but that brings the issue of what Watchtower brought up here --
Quote:The bigger issue is that, because people insist on calling them "Smash clones", it forces all discussion into a competition with Smash Bros, which inevitably becomes a losing discussion because nothing has had the time, money, and effort poured into it that Smash Bros has been lucky to have. So you get this self-fulfilling defeatism where everyone goes "why play X when you can just play Smash Bros" and it squashes any excitement in building up what should be a viable fighting game sub-genre.

Like imagine saying Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is a waste of time because it isn't Mario Kart. This sub-genre isn't close to saturation, stop trying to kill these games people lmao.
So do better, will ya!
omfg
(07-16-2024, 03:04 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(07-16-2024, 02:47 AM)Uncle wrote:
(07-16-2024, 01:44 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: it's funny how the same people who have been crying about how they're not voting for Genocide Joe are now paranoid about Trump winning because of this?

it's funny how the same people crying about genocide joe who care so much about the human life being snuffed out from the genocide suddenly don't care if random people are killed due to sharing a couple mild opinions

we cool with people dying or not?

It's odd. The argument of why LGBTQIA+ folx should support Palestine is that it's fine to look past the anti-gay rhetoric of Islam and Hamas and to support the lives of the people no matter their beliefs, which is a good and noble thing. But firefighting dad who gets shot by a deranged sniper just for being in a crowd? Fuck him.

I can't even with these people.  Rolleyes
It's obvious you guys are ignorant bigots. But I'll emotionally labor and supply you with some basic theory science. Palestinians = marginalized people = high on progressive stack = good guys. Brown skin, not Christian, poor relative to the West, not living in the West, yeah they're racking up the good works for the soul. MAGA aka fascist = dominant hegemon = low on progressive stack = bad guys. That chud is also a white cishet male breeder so he can't get any lower on the stack because of how corrupt his soul is.
(07-16-2024, 01:31 AM)Jonsey wrote: This is why I’m pro everyone should die
The Bire would like to issue an STAFF COMMUNICATION that this is not the official position of the forum. The official position is instead that your duty is to only die when Darkseid wills it:
[Image: 84utMFO.png]
So it's like the Overwatch DEI chart? hmm

[Image: 5e970060acc8a2f52a786fe1b3103865.jpg]

I understand it now, Benji. Thank you!  doggy
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(07-16-2024, 03:50 AM)benji wrote:
"Why is Darkseid quoting me?" TERF BITCH
1 user liked this post: Taco Bell Tower
is that Nep's final form?  lol
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Laughing Banana wrote:That Palestine comment.........

That is not a comment made by someone with compassion in their hearts.

Whatever bad things are happening to Biden right now, he deserves all of them and I hope the bad things will continue to accumulate and destroy him completely. What an abhorrent human being.

jeelybeans wrote:Same. He can't be at the top of the ticket. His old school racism is showing. I'm done. I can't even hold my nose and vote for this shit anymore because it's Trump on the other side.

oh no HamasEra..
(07-16-2024, 03:58 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Laughing Banana wrote:Whatever bad things are happening to Biden right now, he deserves all of them and I hope the bad things will continue to accumulate and destroy him completely. What an abhorrent human being.
                        stochastic terrorism days after another presidential candidate was shot?
is this?
(07-16-2024, 03:58 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
Laughing Banana wrote:Whatever bad things are happening to Biden right now, he deserves all of them and I hope the bad things will continue to accumulate and destroy him completely.
                      armchair diagnosing? justifying ableism?
is this?
(07-16-2024, 03:41 AM)benji wrote:
(07-16-2024, 01:31 AM)Jonsey wrote: This is why I’m pro everyone should die
The Bire would like to issue an STAFF COMMUNICATION that this is not the official position of the forum. The official position is instead that your duty is to only die when Darkseid wills it:
[Image: 84utMFO.png]

Self=Darkseid
https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-2025-seeks-to-dismantle-agencies-terminate-up-to-1-million-federal-workers.928077/page-2?post=125867718#post-125867718

Dice wrote:I dunno, maybe we need that rock bottom so we can reach for the torches and pitchforks again. Rich people been doing waaaaaay too much dumb shit lately and need the century ol' reminder.
Laughing Banana is so full of compassion.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-killed-my-online-life-microsoft-is-reportedly-banning-palestinians-in-the-u-s-for-life-for-calling-relatives-in-gaza.925164/?post=125692356#post-125692356

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory False Equivalence in Sensitive Topic
StrayDog wrote:The same vibe of
Meta updates hate speech policy toward posts attacking "Zionists
https://www.axios.com/2024/07/09/meta-hate-speech-policy-update-zionists
(07-16-2024, 05:15 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/project-2025-seeks-to-dismantle-agencies-terminate-up-to-1-million-federal-workers.928077/page-2?post=125867718#post-125867718

Dice wrote:I dunno, maybe we need that rock bottom so we can reach for the torches and pitchforks again. Rich people been doing waaaaaay too much dumb shit lately and need the century ol' reminder.
When were the last ones? Why is this forum upset about defunding the cops? They want to do random chaos to protect the cops? huh
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1721099045' wrote: 1721099045[/url]']
Uncle dateline='[url=tel:1721098078' wrote: 1721098078[/url]']
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1721094255' wrote: 1721094255[/url]']
it's funny how the same people who have been crying about how they're not voting for Genocide Joe are now paranoid about Trump winning because of this?

it's funny how the same people crying about genocide joe who care so much about the human life being snuffed out from the genocide suddenly don't care if random people are killed due to sharing a couple mild opinions

we cool with people dying or not?

It's odd. The argument of why LGBTQIA+ folx should support Palestine is that it's fine to look past the anti-gay rhetoric of Islam and Hamas and to support the lives of the people no matter their beliefs, which is a good and noble thing. But firefighting dad who gets shot by a deranged sniper just for being in a crowd? Fuck him.

I can't even with these people.  Rolleyes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_savage

They are virtuous while not being enlightened while westerners are inherently corrupt (but we enjoy the benefits of free speech, sexual liberation and secular government).
have you heard about Project 2025? It sounds REALLY bad.  Stahp
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Potato
(07-16-2024, 05:14 AM)Boredfrom wrote: Self=Darkseid
I should put the anti-life equation in the newsfeed. hmm
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-17?post=125778144#post-125778144
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): advocating violence
ConradCervantes wrote:The one fucking news item I've been checking for everyday for the last nine+ years, and the bastard missed.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-68?post=125797197#post-125797197
Quote: Cop User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories
TripaSeca wrote:When Trump led the insurrection to kill mike pence, the security operations also totally failed.
When Bolsonaro did the same in Brazil, also everyone kept asking "how did the police let this happen?". Investigations in Brazil concluded that in both cases, police leadership was involved in the wrongdoings, colluding with their leader, Bolsonaro.

It's not much of a conspiracy theory to think the attempt was real but was facilitated by security "failures" that could be very intentional themselves. Note that things with far right extremists are so crazy that they may even let an assassination attempt with the wrong type of gun play out just to grab power.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-71?post=125799021#post-125799021
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): advocating violence
Advance.Wars.Sgt. wrote:
HiredN00bs wrote:I think part of the problem is that we are unskilled at planning for these things on a large scale. The question isn't whether it's appropriate to fight fascists with violence, it's a question of when, where, and how to use it most effectively. I don't think assassinating Trump is an effective way to do that, and I think we are fortunate the attacker was unsuccessful.
I'll answer the question for you: you fight fascists when they first show their heads.

Fascists are not interested in conversation, they're not bound to respect the parameters of politics, and they're certainly not opposed to using violence as a political tool. So what do you do when you face an opponent who is stubbornly bloodthirsty, inherently disagreeable, and will utilize any means necessary to achieve their goals?

You hit 'em, and you hit 'em HARD. And yes, that will also mean potentially killing them because some will NOT STOP. What you don't fucking do is spread "Violence is never the answer" BS to people who are ALREADY under threat of violence.

Seriously, FOH with that nonsense. Can't believe I'm seeing so many posts that are essentially saying "It's better to lie down and die without resorting to violence than live and be an aggressor". As Malcolm X said, if someone puts their hands on you, put em in the cemetery.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-revealed-their-characters-for-their-new-african-latin-indigenous-inspired-region-and%E2%80%A6.920280/page-5?post=125463306#post-125463306

Quote: Cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing racism
matt1996 wrote:so good but the leaks said they were all gonna be dark(er) skinned and i'm just a little disappointed, not bc they don't look great, but bc it seems like hoyo isn't rly trying to make diverse characters. ofc it shouldn't be forced, but darker skin does match the region and i think would've looked good too
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tmr-sticks-better-than-hall-effect-tunneling-magneto-resistance-tech.925632/page-2?post=125728839#post-125728839

Quote: Cop User Banned (2 Weeks) - Trolling across numerous posts, history of similar
RaspberryRhythm wrote:going to cry into the piles of money i've saved by not replacing any of my controllers by simply being better
(07-16-2024, 05:44 AM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-71?post=125799021#post-125799021
Quote: Cop User banned (1 week): advocating violence
Advance.Wars.Sgt. wrote:
HiredN00bs wrote:I think part of the problem is that we are unskilled at planning for these things on a large scale. The question isn't whether it's appropriate to fight fascists with violence, it's a question of when, where, and how to use it most effectively. I don't think assassinating Trump is an effective way to do that, and I think we are fortunate the attacker was unsuccessful.
I'll answer the question for you: you fight fascists when they first show their heads.

Fascists are not interested in conversation, they're not bound to respect the parameters of politics, and they're certainly not opposed to using violence as a political tool. So what do you do when you face an opponent who is stubbornly bloodthirsty, inherently disagreeable, and will utilize any means necessary to achieve their goals?

You hit 'em, and you hit 'em HARD. And yes, that will also mean potentially killing them because some will NOT STOP. What you don't fucking do is spread "Violence is never the answer" BS to people who are ALREADY under threat of violence.

Seriously, FOH with that nonsense. Can't believe I'm seeing so many posts that are essentially saying "It's better to lie down and die without resorting to violence than live and be an aggressor". As Malcolm X said, if someone puts their hands on you, put em in the cemetery.
I noticed this post only got one week compared to the other bans that got two weeks.

Even though he has at least one other post in the same thread:
(07-15-2024, 03:00 AM)benji wrote:
(07-14-2024, 02:01 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
advance wars sgt wrote:People who are not under threat from a Trump presidency are showing their asses with their meek non-violent mantras.

You don't fucking WAIT until harm is done to then justify self-defense. A lot of the people in this thread are tacitly endorsing the death of many individuals because they can't stomach the fact that people want a violent fascist regime dead before it gets off the ground.

Soft as fuck. I really wish the world took more from Malcolm X in these instances, he would not be advocating for a quiet death of oppressed individuals like so many here are apparently OK with.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-suffers-ear-wound-at-pennsylvania-rally-in-probable-assassination-attempt-story-developing.926754/page-69?post=125797896#post-125797896
Proposition: these posts are worse than the ones expressing wishes that Trump had died or shooter had not missed that got banned.

Those posts they've banned were emotional expressions unreflected on and allow the possibility that the user could be talked out of the position.

These posts are members, including an admin, intellectually justifying terrorism and mass murder in a democracy against their partisan political opponents.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/president-biden-i-am-running%E2%80%A6no-one%E2%80%99s-pushing-me-out-i%E2%80%99m-not-leaving.918393/page-84?post=125697006#post-125697006

Quote: Cop User Banned (1 month): Dismissing Concerns of Racism
Cybit wrote:
Shoot wrote:Had to do a double take because of how Trumpian that first quote is. Holy shit this guy is racist.
....if he were racist, he wouldn't have had them in his cabinet/administration to begin with? WTF are you smoking?
How hyper protected is Shoot. The dude has said vile stuff since the forum inception and never gets called out. Even others at HamasEra get called out once in a while.
Nepenthe or whoever has B-Dubs balls in such a vice that he can't even use his own announced thread rules fully against a protected member who is demanding that people should start murdering random perceived political opponents and chastising those who disagree with mass political violence. Can only hit him with a 50% power ban. lol
Want the president to be shot = 2 week ban
don't use the right pronouns = Perma

I think there's a bias. HMM.
(07-16-2024, 06:06 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Want the president to be shot = 2 week ban

Yeah, it's the staff's anti-trans bias because of lack of enough trans staff members. They're saying that trans people protecting themselves is ban worthy, which is why trans people don't feel safe and potential eggs don't feel safe posting in T002 Tyrant's threads.
(07-16-2024, 06:06 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Want the president to be shot = 2 week ban

Spoiler:  (click to show)

“Omar/tlaib”