Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-29-2024, 05:14 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-afraid-to-fall-asleep.939651/
Quote:PlanetSmasher

After falling asleep while driving on the highway twice in the same drive? Yeah. Yeah, I've been afraid to fall asleep.

I got off the highway after the second one and parked my ass in a McDonald's and guzzled down 2 or 3 large Cokes until I got enough of an energy boost to finish the drive safely.
Please kids don't listen to him. If you've fallen asleep two times in a row while driving the safe way to finish the drive is to take a nap, not to get yourself on a sugar high
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-tragedy-of-kang.939762/

This thread is interesting.

I might be misremembering but wasn't any mention of overacting from majors in loki, or saying that kang getting beat by ants lame as fuck met with certain accusations?

I guess now that disney sent majors to his home planet, disney knows what theyre doing.
(07-29-2024, 06:29 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/page-2?post=126463461#post-126463461

Quote:Men terrified the woman they're hitting on might be trans

I don't think men are that worried about it lol

For every Hunter Schafer there's a 100,000 Melody Shreads Rofl

And if you do hit on a trans woman and you change your mind later you're a massive transphobe if you don't sleep with them according to these people.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/

Ah a "fuck your family" thread.

Quote:I tend not to post my personal shit on here but I dunno how to feel right now. Cautiously optimistic I guess? Foolishly optimistic? I just gotta get it out there cause it's making me feel so weird.

Quick context:
My husband and I have been together since 2012. We got engaged in late 2022 for a Friday, October 13th 2023 small wedding ceremony: just the courthouse with immediate family, then a dinner at a local restaurant across the street. My brother has known my husband for most of that time and has never once indicated, despite being more and more religious once he moved to North Carolina, that it was a problem for him. He was the first person besides my parents that I came out to back in 2012, and he was so supportive.

Anyway:
My birthday is on the 27th of July, and my brother's is on the 31st. If we're not celebrating together, we usually call each other. So on my birthday last year, he called and told me to expect "something" in the mail and to give him a call when I got it. I was of course excited! I got a handwritten letter a couple weeks later, right before work. I read it after getting ready, and my whole world seemed to crumble. "I love you, but I can't celebrate with you on your big day." I still have that letter, and it was two pages of cowardly bullshit about how gay relationships are against Biblical texts. He had been talking about the wedding for six months at this point, and it was closing in on three months to the event itself. My husband was fucking pissed.

I called my parents, furious and deeply upset, and when they heard they were similarly shocked and horrified. They asked him if he was serious and he said he was, so my parents told him to talk to me and they told me to not hold back. So I didn't. I told him that it felt like my whole self-confidence about being openly gay was built on a lie, that I felt betrayed and hurt. He gave some nonsense about "thinking about eternity" and I told him that until he can figure his shit out, lose my number. I'll be cordial at any family event that we both have to attend, but nothing else. I told him that when people asked where he was at the wedding, I would be honest. That was almost a year ago. I told my parents I wouldn't make them choose between us, but I was icing him out until he got his head out of his ass. They said okay and they understood.

So the 27th rolled by a couple days ago (wahoo 32 lol), and my brother texted me saying he wanted to talk. I was busy with my friends doing Magic The Gathering and board games, so I told him the next day would be best. He said okay, then I didn't hear from him yesterday. Today, he texted again. I told him I'm at work, give me half an hour, he said okay. So here I am, twiddling my thumbs at work. I'm hoping so badly that he figured out how much of an asshole he is. Icing out my brother didn't feel good, even if I know it was the right thing to do. I knew he was religious, but I never thought it would go so far as to blow up our relationship like this. I don't want to hear any more sanctimonious bullshit. If I do, I'm just gonna hang up and continue like normal. My mom's 60th birthday is in December and it'll be my parents, my husband and I, and my brother and his gf. Cynical part of me is thinking he wants to mend fences to keep mom's birthday from being awkward, cause he knows I will not give him the time of day on that vacation. I wonder if his new gf even knows what happened. My mom says the gf knows all about me and thinks I'm the bee's knees, so maybe I'm hoping that she got through to him.

And once he's done with me, he has to make things right with my husband, too. Good luck with that, he's still infuriated by it.

I dunno, man. This last 20 minutes of work is brutal.

His brother is definitely a piece of shit and eerily similar to my two older brothers but if he calls and offers a truce why would you still ice him out
(07-29-2024, 06:46 PM)Steven Snell wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:29 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/page-2?post=126463461#post-126463461

And if you do hit on a trans woman and you change your mind later you're a massive transphobe if you don't sleep with them according to these people.

One time I hit on a cis woman, and found out she was into getting hit with knotted ropes. 

Nope 

More power to her, but that’s not my bag so I bailed.

People find out someone they’re attracted to is not their preferred XYZ all the time. Transwomen are not special.
Quote:My sister was supposed to do a reading at my wedding, and about 2 weeks before when I tried to get ahold of her to go over everything, I got no response, nothing back, no one could get ahold of her. We had someone as a backup just in case if she didn't show, which she didn't. My dad later got ahold of her and her excuse was she was going through some stuff, which I empathize with, but also fuck you, all you had to do was tell me that...a text would have been sufficient. Haven't spoken to her since, that was 12 years ago

So petty lol
Quote:And once he's done with me, he has to make things right with my husband, too. Good luck with that, he's still infuriated by it.
Bro is just sad you are the bottom.

He has a hard time because he realizes some dude is about to get a lifetime subscription to the ass of his baby brother to relief his stress.
(07-29-2024, 06:46 PM)Steven Snell wrote:

That's one of my major gripes. If a bio woman is a lesbian and she doesn't want to suck your girl cock because she likes pussy, she's not a transphobe. Trying to shame or make her feel uncomfortable about that is misogynistic. And feels a little homophobic too. 

I don't care how hot you look. If you got a dick I'm not into you. Sorry. I like the pussy. I don't understand how preferring one genitalia over the other makes you a bad person. Like what the fuck, stay out of people's sex lives.

As an ally I need to mention that recent video of immigrants in Europe hitting on a trans woman.

No further commentary. I don’t want to get in trouble.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/harrison-ford-will-not-answer-your-stupid-question.939588/?post=126462822#post-126462822

PlanetSmasher wrote:
Aiqops wrote:As an Actor, sports person etc. you get asked the same shit over and over to the point if I were in their shoes I would not be able to care anymore either.😆 More so at the age Ford is at.
Yeah. And the thing is, on the press junket, it's less "the same questions" since most of the time those questions are pre-screened or outright requested by the studio. It's an achingly dull process but it's also kinda part of the job. You can see it in the way that most actors basically have pre-prepared answers they give to most stock questions.

The problem is the really stupid shit like "are you guys all friends in real life" or "who would win in a fight out of the characters you played?" The utterly banal questions that somehow mean absolutely nothing but also everyone keeps fucking asking. I remember when I met Christopher Lloyd a long, long time ago, I tried to talk to him about his voice role in the Back to the Future games and said I really liked his performance and I hoped they'd do another one, and the light literally left his eyes like he was about to die right in front of me.

Now, Lloyd is not every celebrity I've met/spoken to. A lot of times when I talk to a celebrity I like to talk to them about something really particular they've done that I really resonated with, or I try to just engage with them like normal people. Danny Pudi and I had a wonderful conversation about My Dinner With Andre once, for example, after I told him that the Andre parody episode was my dad's favorite episode of Community ever. He got so excited and we just geeked out over weird movies for like 15 minutes. Patrick Stewart and I talked about a bunch of things and he was genuinely moved when I told him how big a fan of his my mother was, and he signed a special autograph for her in secret.

But when you're someone like Ford or Lloyd who's been around the block for DECADES, hearing the same tired bullshit from the same tired nerds over and over again for their entire careers, it's no huge shock they're just completely fucking over it.
Egomaniac

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Back_to_the_Future_video_games#Video_games
Quote:Back to the Future: The Game (2010–2011) – Microsoft Windows / macOS / PlayStation 3 and 4 / Wii / iOS / Xbox 360 and One; Telltale Games produced episodic video games based on the franchise.[6] The game was released as five episodes,[7] with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Emmett "Doc" Brown, Claudia Wells reprising her role as Jennifer Parker, and Michael J. Fox making two cameo appearances. A.J. LoCascio provided the voice for Marty McFly and Bob Gale assisted with the script.[8][9] Thomas Wilson reprises his role as Biff Tannen in the game's 2015 collector's edition re-release.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-remember-corporate-zoom-hell-in-the-first-few-months-of-lockdown.939759/
Quote:entremet
Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, etc.

This was hell on earth especially for us introverts. Paired with constant Slack DMs and pseudo work, it was bad times. I actually burned out after a year of it.

These days, I don't go to every meeting. Use status updates dashboards instead of getting pinged all day but done coworkers still are lovers of interacting synchronously.

How did you deal?

Did your workplace adjust to better systems?

Did somebody put a curse on this dude? Because it feels like if he dosen't make a thread every hour he will die and he's running out of ideas.
(07-29-2024, 01:42 PM)killamajig wrote:
(07-29-2024, 10:37 AM)AldusMoneyPenny wrote:
(07-29-2024, 01:18 AM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-believe-in-rehabilitative-justice-where-are-your-limits-are-there-crimes-we-should-only-punish.939144/post-126442977

lol lol Carceral lol lol

Ignoring the other nonsense, I have to point this out because it made me laugh. 

I worked in a prison and I never heard anyone use that word. They try so hard to sound like they know what they are talking about over there.

Prison, eh? What's your view on the proper definition of sex slavery, pray tell?

First, it depends on the victims race and religon. Second, what is the race and religon of the accused. Otherwise I can't tell you if I don't have those details. I don't care about the facts of the case, we need to see what the victim tweeted before I give you the definition. I hope that makes it crystal clear. Tongue

BTW, I never ran across an inmate pimping out other inmates. Not saying it never happens, but it would be even less likely to happen in a jail I would think. But you never know, some jails and prisons are still run like the Cool Hand Luke days. 
Pro Tip: don't get locked up in Georgia. Every inmate that went there said it was the worst and AZ felt like a country club compared to that.

What Plagerize said pissed me off enough I looked up his jail and found his supervisor. Fortunately I couldn't find the counties social media policy for officers. If it was like mine, he definitely violated some. Also, the way he denigrated his jail saying there is prostitution going on, he could get fired for that alone.

Then I remembered not to interact with the exhibits. It's a good rule of thumb.

Plagerize I hope you don't read this *wink wink* but if you want to keep your job you might want to tone down the ACAB shit. When I was heated, I got screenshots and links to your more inappropriate posts. Sheriff Donna D. Buckley might not approve. Letting you know incase you start getting insubordinate and want to shit all over the the people that are paying for your new tits. Just sayin.

But what do I know? I'm just some rando on the internet, not some guy with a verifiable record of supervisory and training experience in the correctional field.

I could make an exception for plagiarize honestly. Fuck that cunt. Get him fired if you want.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/harrison-ford-will-not-answer-your-stupid-question.939588/?post=126468972#post-126468972

Elegant Weapon wrote:
Kabuki Waq wrote:The man supports Polanski and his Child raping antics. He personally delivered his Oscar. Let's stop putting him on a pedestal.
He's done many classic movies but it's weird how we pick and choose who to lionize or ostracize arbitrarily

If someone here posted that they still listen to R Kelly, they would get dragged but Ford is good friends with a convicted child rapist and people still make posts about him being a cool dude.

It seems so fake
A lot of it is. Trumps
Be careful though, they might report "some guy with a verifiable record of supervisory and training experience in the correctional field" for homophobia and transphobia.  wag

[Image: 200.gif?cid=ecf05e47om71abohago1xlma2z4p...id=200.gif]
(07-29-2024, 05:28 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/post-126461883

Quote:ClickyCal' said:
Deradicalizing transphobic men isn't the job for trans people to do.

Cis men suck??
* shocked pikachu*

Quote:generic_orb
I think contributions like this are harmful to everybody involved. They're too common and get almost no pushback, but they should. It's such a stupid thing to say.

Although at least for my own sanity, I think the deterioration in trans support over the past 10 years is also due to the fact it is being taken seriously and is mainstream, which I don't think it was before in modern history, correct me if I'm wrong. I look at the negativity as being people who had never even thought about this stuff before going 'what the fuck' and eventually, it will die down and wider acceptance will come.

But right now it's all very intertwined with things that are happening to everyone so it gets messy and complicated.
Siren Banplz Siren

Bonus
Quote:AlgusUnderdunk

Also CIS Male parents: HOW DARE YOU SAY MY CHILD DIDN'T GET A HOMERUN! I'LL KILL EVERYONE AT THIS LITTLE LEAGUE GAME!!!!!
Yep, same thing. Derp
Zero information in the op other than an embedded tweet and CuntyCal straight in there with the first reply.

Discord coordination?  hmm
(07-29-2024, 02:15 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ancient-roman-appian-way-becomes-italy%E2%80%99s-60th-unesco-world-heritage-site.939213/
Quote:Eddie

Well deserved. Now how about adding a few more sites from Egypt to the list as we have only 7 currently recognised.

White man bad. maf maf 
We get it, my man. You don't have to push this egypt angle in everything that involves western culture. Its starting to feel like an inferiority complex.

hmm

Quote:Only countries that have signed the World Heritage Convention, pledging to protect their natural and cultural heritage, can submit nomination proposals for properties on their territory to be considered for inclusion in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.

These fuckers can't fathom a world where people have to do things for themselves. There's always got to be some higher power that takes care of everything. It's why a dead philosophy like communism speaks to them so much.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-believe-in-rehabilitative-justice-where-are-your-limits-are-there-crimes-we-should-only-punish.939144/?post=126442977#post-126442977

Booshka wrote:Those are upstream solutions that get constantly researched, are well evidenced, empirically sound, and then promptly ignored by those in power. You can only see so many studies from the RAND corporation about interventions at all levels of health and human development that just go absolutely nowhere.

There is a place for punishment, for banishment, and even capital punishment, but unfortunately the way our society prioritizes capital over human flourishing, those most deserving of punishment are more likely to be the ones helping to propagate our carceral state.

How we define violence, power and who gets to mete out punishment to whom is fundamentally backwards in our classist society.
Booshka is in favour of capital punishment. Wut
(07-29-2024, 02:19 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/hostess-releases-new-mystery-flavor-twinkies.939315/

RBH

OK, what's this guys deal with junk food? I hope he works in that field. Cuz otherwise Aloy

He works in either fast food/junk food or automotive. Guy spawns anti Tesla articles like no tomorrow, never positive. And conversely only positive articles for Toyota, Nissan etc
ComedyDestroyer -

“I met Christopher Loyd and after 2 minutes in my company he wanted to kill himself.”

Is there anyone who doesn’t become suicidal after meeting this bullshit artist? Dogs. Cats. Women. Film stars. The list goes on…
(07-29-2024, 06:52 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/

Quote:I tend not to post my personal shit on here but I dunno how to feel right now. Cautiously optimistic I guess? Foolishly optimistic? I just gotta get it out there cause it's making me feel so weird.

Quick context:
My husband and I have been together since 2012. We got engaged in late 2022 for a Friday, October 13th 2023 small wedding ceremony: just the courthouse with immediate family, then a dinner at a local restaurant across the street. My brother has known my husband for most of that time and has never once indicated, despite being more and more religious once he moved to North Carolina, that it was a problem for him. He was the first person besides my parents that I came out to back in 2012, and he was so supportive.

Anyway:
My birthday is on the 27th of July, and my brother's is on the 31st. If we're not celebrating together, we usually call each other. So on my birthday last year, he called and told me to expect "something" in the mail and to give him a call when I got it. I was of course excited! I got a handwritten letter a couple weeks later, right before work. I read it after getting ready, and my whole world seemed to crumble. "I love you, but I can't celebrate with you on your big day." I still have that letter, and it was two pages of cowardly bullshit about how gay relationships are against Biblical texts. He had been talking about the wedding for six months at this point, and it was closing in on three months to the event itself. My husband was fucking pissed.

I called my parents, furious and deeply upset, and when they heard they were similarly shocked and horrified. They asked him if he was serious and he said he was, so my parents told him to talk to me and they told me to not hold back. So I didn't. I told him that it felt like my whole self-confidence about being openly gay was built on a lie, that I felt betrayed and hurt. He gave some nonsense about "thinking about eternity" and I told him that until he can figure his shit out, lose my number. I'll be cordial at any family event that we both have to attend, but nothing else. I told him that when people asked where he was at the wedding, I would be honest. That was almost a year ago. I told my parents I wouldn't make them choose between us, but I was icing him out until he got his head out of his ass. They said okay and they understood.

So the 27th rolled by a couple days ago (wahoo 32 lol), and my brother texted me saying he wanted to talk. I was busy with my friends doing Magic The Gathering and board games, so I told him the next day would be best. He said okay, then I didn't hear from him yesterday. Today, he texted again. I told him I'm at work, give me half an hour, he said okay. So here I am, twiddling my thumbs at work. I'm hoping so badly that he figured out how much of an asshole he is. Icing out my brother didn't feel good, even if I know it was the right thing to do. I knew he was religious, but I never thought it would go so far as to blow up our relationship like this. I don't want to hear any more sanctimonious bullshit. If I do, I'm just gonna hang up and continue like normal. My mom's 60th birthday is in December and it'll be my parents, my husband and I, and my brother and his gf. Cynical part of me is thinking he wants to mend fences to keep mom's birthday from being awkward, cause he knows I will not give him the time of day on that vacation. I wonder if his new gf even knows what happened. My mom says the gf knows all about me and thinks I'm the bee's knees, so maybe I'm hoping that she got through to him.

And once he's done with me, he has to make things right with my husband, too. Good luck with that, he's still infuriated by it.

His brother is definitely a piece of shit and eerily similar to my two older brothers but if he calls and offers a truce why would you still ice him out

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/?post=126472053#post-126472053

Quote:Canas Renvall said:
Welp, got off the phone with him. Short, seven minute conversation where things basically stayed neutral. He just wanted to call and say happy birthday and he loved me and my husband, despite him and us "not talking much lately". Basically just tried to make small talk and ignore the elephant in the room, and I wasn't going to be the one to initiate. I got Deadpool in and hour and a half, dawg, I don't wanna be in a shitty mood.
So in essence, I guess nothing has changed. Until he admits he was wrong,
mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif
Edit: But thank you all for your support, you're all too kind! <3 Like I said, I don't like airing out my dirty laundry usually, it was just driving me crazy so I had to get it out there somehow. Better here than Reddit, lmao

It didn't go well because his brother didn't get on his knees and beg for forgiveness Rofl
(07-29-2024, 07:39 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/harrison-ford-will-not-answer-your-stupid-question.939588/?post=126462822#post-126462822

PlanetSmasher wrote:
Aiqops wrote:As an Actor, sports person etc. you get asked the same shit over and over to the point if I were in their shoes I would not be able to care anymore either.😆 More so at the age Ford is at.
Yeah. And the thing is, on the press junket, it's less "the same questions" since most of the time those questions are pre-screened or outright requested by the studio. It's an achingly dull process but it's also kinda part of the job. You can see it in the way that most actors basically have pre-prepared answers they give to most stock questions.

The problem is the really stupid shit like "are you guys all friends in real life" or "who would win in a fight out of the characters you played?" The utterly banal questions that somehow mean absolutely nothing but also everyone keeps fucking asking. I remember when I met Christopher Lloyd a long, long time ago, I tried to talk to him about his voice role in the Back to the Future games and said I really liked his performance and I hoped they'd do another one, and the light literally left his eyes like he was about to die right in front of me.

Now, Lloyd is not every celebrity I've met/spoken to. A lot of times when I talk to a celebrity I like to talk to them about something really particular they've done that I really resonated with, or I try to just engage with them like normal people. Danny Pudi and I had a wonderful conversation about My Dinner With Andre once, for example, after I told him that the Andre parody episode was my dad's favorite episode of Community ever. He got so excited and we just geeked out over weird movies for like 15 minutes. Patrick Stewart and I talked about a bunch of things and he was genuinely moved when I told him how big a fan of his my mother was, and he signed a special autograph for her in secret.

But when you're someone like Ford or Lloyd who's been around the block for DECADES, hearing the same tired bullshit from the same tired nerds over and over again for their entire careers, it's no huge shock they're just completely fucking over it.
Egomaniac

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Back_to_the_Future_video_games#Video_games
Quote:Back to the Future: The Game (2010–2011) – Microsoft Windows / macOS / PlayStation 3 and 4 / Wii / iOS / Xbox 360 and One; Telltale Games produced episodic video games based on the franchise.[6] The game was released as five episodes,[7] with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role as Emmett "Doc" Brown, Claudia Wells reprising her role as Jennifer Parker, and Michael J. Fox making two cameo appearances. A.J. LoCascio provided the voice for Marty McFly and Bob Gale assisted with the script.[8][9] Thomas Wilson reprises his role as Biff Tannen in the game's 2015 collector's edition re-release.

[Image: COOLSTORY.jpg]
Quote:
(07-29-2024, 08:21 PM)Jansen wrote: [quote="Jansen" pid='68072' dateline='1722279163']
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/

Quick context:

Anyway:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/?post=126472053#post-126472053

Welp, got off the phone with him. Short, seven minute conversation where things basically stayed neutral. He just wanted to call and say happy birthday and he loved me and my husband, despite him and us "not talking much lately". Basically just tried to make small talk and ignore the elephant in the room, and I wasn't going to be the one to initiate. I got Deadpool in and hour and a half, dawg, I don't wanna be in a shitty mood.
Edit: But thank you all for your support, you're all too kind! <3 Like I said, I don't like airing out my dirty laundry usually, it was just driving me crazy so I had to get it out there somehow. Better here than Reddit, lmao[/quote

It didn't go well because his brother didn't get on his knees and beg for forgiveness Rofl

Quote:He just wanted to call and say happy birthday and he loved me and my husband
Quote:So in essence, I guess nothing has changed. Until he admits he was wrong,
Quote:Edit: But thank you all for your support, you're all too kind! <3 Like I said, I don't like airing out my dirty laundry usually, it was just driving me crazy so I had to get it out there somehow. Better here than Reddit, lmao
omfg
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mcdonalds-sales-fall-globally-for-first-time-in-more-than-three-years.939831/?post=126471729#post-126471729
NepNep
Quote:Have you thought of not charging so much for your crap?
The same crap you and ResetEra love so much they post about it a lot?
PlanetSmasher sure loves creative writing. 100000k+ posts and has somehow managed to do everything
https://www.tiktok.com/@erinraii/video/7396332466652335391?_r=1&_t=8oQyDbwo9Pz

Someone should make this a topic on era.
was that stealth birthday thread?
(07-29-2024, 08:02 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-believe-in-rehabilitative-justice-where-are-your-limits-are-there-crimes-we-should-only-punish.939144/?post=126442977#post-126442977

Booshka wrote:Those are upstream solutions that get constantly researched, are well evidenced, empirically sound, and then promptly ignored by those in power. You can only see so many studies from the RAND corporation about interventions at all levels of health and human development that just go absolutely nowhere.

There is a place for punishment, for banishment, and even capital punishment, but unfortunately the way our society prioritizes capital over human flourishing, those most deserving of punishment are more likely to be the ones helping to propagate our carceral state.

How we define violence, power and who gets to mete out punishment to whom is fundamentally backwards in our classist society.
Booshka is in favour of capital punishment. Wut

Bonafide Tankie, no doubt
(07-29-2024, 07:48 PM)Nintex wrote: Be careful though, they might report "some guy with a verifiable record of supervisory and training experience in the correctional field" for homophobia and transphobia.  wag

[Image: 200.gif?cid=ecf05e47om71abohago1xlma2z4p...id=200.gif]

You are right. I just posted here that I don't like girl-cock. 

"And I'm sorry, truly sorry, that I didn't consider the hurt this would cause. Or the DEPTH of that hurt. I've been messaging a lot on IG today, and the back and forth has really helped guide me in the writing of this.

"I (naively) deleted a lot of posts in the comment thread — critical ones from LGBTQ writers AND s**t-posts by TERF/anti-trans orcs looking for clicks & giggles.

"I wanted a "nice comment thread" about the pic with my friend. Ugh. So easy to think someone ELSE needs growth and miss the need in yourself. Gonna keep trying."

Patton Oswalt killamajig
(07-29-2024, 08:31 PM)malfoyking wrote: https://www.tiktok.com/@erinraii/video/7396332466652335391?_r=1&_t=8oQyDbwo9Pz

Someone should make this a topic on era.

Am I the only one who now defaults these things at 1.5x / 2x speed and still turns them off after 10 seconds?
(07-29-2024, 08:21 PM)Jansen wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:52 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/

Quick context:

Anyway:

Edit: But thank you all for your support, you're all too kind! <3 Like I said, I don't like airing out my dirty laundry usually, it was just driving me crazy so I had to get it out there somehow. Better here than Reddit, lmao

What if the brother was part of Hamas?