Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(07-29-2024, 05:28 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/post-126461883

Quote:ClickyCal' said:
Deradicalizing transphobic men isn't the job for trans people to do.

Cis men suck??
* shocked pikachu*

Quote:generic_orb
I think contributions like this are harmful to everybody involved. They're too common and get almost no pushback, but they should. It's such a stupid thing to say.

Although at least for my own sanity, I think the deterioration in trans support over the past 10 years is also due to the fact it is being taken seriously and is mainstream, which I don't think it was before in modern history, correct me if I'm wrong. I look at the negativity as being people who had never even thought about this stuff before going 'what the fuck' and eventually, it will die down and wider acceptance will come.

But right now it's all very intertwined with things that are happening to everyone so it gets messy and complicated.
Siren Banplz Siren

Bonus
Quote:AlgusUnderdunk

Also CIS Male parents: HOW DARE YOU SAY MY CHILD DIDN'T GET A HOMERUN! I'LL KILL EVERYONE AT THIS LITTLE LEAGUE GAME!!!!!
Yep, same thing. Derp

Cis men may suck, but we sure as shit don’t suck as much as a MtF trans person, they’re cunts (the era type anyway)
(07-29-2024, 06:38 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-tragedy-of-kang.939762/

This thread is interesting.

I might be misremembering but wasn't any mention of overacting from majors in loki, or saying that kang getting beat by ants lame as fuck met with certain accusations?

I guess now that disney sent majors to his home planet, disney knows what theyre doing.

unrelated, I remember on old bore I predicted that kang would be defeated by a woman or a black character or both, given their trend of minority characters having to be defeated by other minorities or due to their own plans, like how strange was not allowed to beat wanda, she had to destroy herself

are ants black characters? I don't 

regardless, while an inaccurate prediction I think it's in theme with the general concept, a white male cannot be allowed to represent the ultimate triumph over a villain that has any minority qualities
Trumps
(07-29-2024, 06:38 PM)Cauliflower Of Love wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-tragedy-of-kang.939762/

I might be misremembering but wasn't any mention of overacting from majors in loki, or saying that kang getting beat by ants lame as fuck met with certain accusations?

I guess now that disney sent majors to his home planet, disney knows what theyre doing.

this is just the notification to all relevant parties that the correct opinion has now changed, any deviation after this is bannable
(07-29-2024, 09:00 PM)Daffy Duck wrote:
(07-29-2024, 05:28 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/post-126461883

Quote:ClickyCal' said:
Deradicalizing transphobic men isn't the job for trans people to do.

Cis men suck??
* shocked pikachu*

Quote:generic_orb
I think contributions like this are harmful to everybody involved. They're too common and get almost no pushback, but they should. It's such a stupid thing to say.

Although at least for my own sanity, I think the deterioration in trans support over the past 10 years is also due to the fact it is being taken seriously and is mainstream, which I don't think it was before in modern history, correct me if I'm wrong. I look at the negativity as being people who had never even thought about this stuff before going 'what the fuck' and eventually, it will die down and wider acceptance will come.

But right now it's all very intertwined with things that are happening to everyone so it gets messy and complicated.
Siren Banplz Siren

Bonus
Quote:AlgusUnderdunk

Also CIS Male parents: HOW DARE YOU SAY MY CHILD DIDN'T GET A HOMERUN! I'LL KILL EVERYONE AT THIS LITTLE LEAGUE GAME!!!!!
Yep, same thing. Derp

Cis men may suck, but we sure as shit don’t suck as much as a MtF trans person, they’re cunts (the era type anyway)

[Image: 1392376096146.gif]
Dary wrote:Men terrified the woman they're hitting on might be trans.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-study-shows-18-29-men-and-women-heavily-differ-on-childhood-trans-choice-w-o-parent-approval-women-are-divided-men-heavily-oppose.939492/page-2?post=126463461#post-126463461

brain_ wrote:Its pure insanity. Some dudes just can't handle that a woman they think is hot might be trans. Anything that in their minds might make them come off as gay must be put down immediately.

Stuff like this is really odd given the far lefts insistence on acceptance of all types of people, genders, and sexuality. Shouldn’t the desire to only be with biological women be something that’s respected instead of mocked? 

Hypocrisy grows wild on there so not really a surprise
(07-29-2024, 06:28 PM)Hap Shaughnessy wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/israel-palestine-the-ongoing-israeli-genocide-in-gaza-icj-orders-halt-to-israeli-offensive-on-rafah-see-staff-posts-for-posting-guidelines.772478/page-372?post=126466899#post-126466899

Glio wrote:Israel needs to be reeducated by a international force.
What

Not the first time this dude say this.
(07-29-2024, 08:21 PM)Jansen wrote:
(07-29-2024, 06:52 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/

Ah a "fuck your family" thread.

Quote:I tend not to post my personal shit on here but I dunno how to feel right now. Cautiously optimistic I guess? Foolishly optimistic? I just gotta get it out there cause it's making me feel so weird.

Quick context:
My husband and I have been together since 2012. We got engaged in late 2022 for a Friday, October 13th 2023 small wedding ceremony: just the courthouse with immediate family, then a dinner at a local restaurant across the street. My brother has known my husband for most of that time and has never once indicated, despite being more and more religious once he moved to North Carolina, that it was a problem for him. He was the first person besides my parents that I came out to back in 2012, and he was so supportive.

Anyway:
My birthday is on the 27th of July, and my brother's is on the 31st. If we're not celebrating together, we usually call each other. So on my birthday last year, he called and told me to expect "something" in the mail and to give him a call when I got it. I was of course excited! I got a handwritten letter a couple weeks later, right before work. I read it after getting ready, and my whole world seemed to crumble. "I love you, but I can't celebrate with you on your big day." I still have that letter, and it was two pages of cowardly bullshit about how gay relationships are against Biblical texts. He had been talking about the wedding for six months at this point, and it was closing in on three months to the event itself. My husband was fucking pissed.

I called my parents, furious and deeply upset, and when they heard they were similarly shocked and horrified. They asked him if he was serious and he said he was, so my parents told him to talk to me and they told me to not hold back. So I didn't. I told him that it felt like my whole self-confidence about being openly gay was built on a lie, that I felt betrayed and hurt. He gave some nonsense about "thinking about eternity" and I told him that until he can figure his shit out, lose my number. I'll be cordial at any family event that we both have to attend, but nothing else. I told him that when people asked where he was at the wedding, I would be honest. That was almost a year ago. I told my parents I wouldn't make them choose between us, but I was icing him out until he got his head out of his ass. They said okay and they understood.

So the 27th rolled by a couple days ago (wahoo 32 lol), and my brother texted me saying he wanted to talk. I was busy with my friends doing Magic The Gathering and board games, so I told him the next day would be best. He said okay, then I didn't hear from him yesterday. Today, he texted again. I told him I'm at work, give me half an hour, he said okay. So here I am, twiddling my thumbs at work. I'm hoping so badly that he figured out how much of an asshole he is. Icing out my brother didn't feel good, even if I know it was the right thing to do. I knew he was religious, but I never thought it would go so far as to blow up our relationship like this. I don't want to hear any more sanctimonious bullshit. If I do, I'm just gonna hang up and continue like normal. My mom's 60th birthday is in December and it'll be my parents, my husband and I, and my brother and his gf. Cynical part of me is thinking he wants to mend fences to keep mom's birthday from being awkward, cause he knows I will not give him the time of day on that vacation. I wonder if his new gf even knows what happened. My mom says the gf knows all about me and thinks I'm the bee's knees, so maybe I'm hoping that she got through to him.

And once he's done with me, he has to make things right with my husband, too. Good luck with that, he's still infuriated by it.

I dunno, man. This last 20 minutes of work is brutal.

His brother is definitely a piece of shit and eerily similar to my two older brothers but if he calls and offers a truce why would you still ice him out

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-brother-didnt-attend-my-wedding-last-year-now-he-wants-to-talk.939795/?post=126472053#post-126472053

Quote:Canas Renvall said:
Welp, got off the phone with him. Short, seven minute conversation where things basically stayed neutral. He just wanted to call and say happy birthday and he loved me and my husband, despite him and us "not talking much lately". Basically just tried to make small talk and ignore the elephant in the room, and I wasn't going to be the one to initiate. I got Deadpool in and hour and a half, dawg, I don't wanna be in a shitty mood.
So in essence, I guess nothing has changed. Until he admits he was wrong,
mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif
Edit: But thank you all for your support, you're all too kind! <3 Like I said, I don't like airing out my dirty laundry usually, it was just driving me crazy so I had to get it out there somehow. Better here than Reddit, lmao

It didn't go well because his brother didn't get on his knees and beg for forgiveness Rofl

“Deadpool >>>>>>> My Brother”
https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-believe-in-rehabilitative-justice-where-are-your-limits-are-there-crimes-we-should-only-punish.939144/post-126472962
Quote:IrishNinja
the carceral system & its proponents live in our minds, it's so indoctrinated that many can't imagine anything but it - even when worsening conditions cause folks to question what "safe" even looks like

threads like this are a challenge, because the majority of folks here don't engage with restorative or transformative justice, don't engage abolitionist or even adjacent texts, etc. there's excellent primers, but they have to be engaged in good faith

It's spreading like a virus. halp

Stahp
Quote:Min

I suppose I'll just flip the script and ask about the efficacy of the current carceral system at dealing out punishment.

Quote:Nep

I'll have to rewatch it, but she uses victimization in a much broader way than what most people would, namely in terms of the negative psychological and social effects of simply living in a carceral society. But even assuming you are completely right- and I'm giving you that benefit of the doubt- I don't think it really undermines her larger points about how the judicial system isn't actually set up to prevent rape in the first place, so using it as the final arbiter on how to deal with rapists is counterproductive and moreso just for the satisfaction of people who largely have nothing to do with the victims, or even have the forethought to ask what they even want.
(07-29-2024, 08:28 PM)Taco Bell Tower wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mcdonalds-sales-fall-globally-for-first-time-in-more-than-three-years.939831/?post=126471729#post-126471729
NepNep
Quote:Have you thought of not charging so much for your crap?

What about cooking and eating your own food?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that OP's brother is embarassed by their sibling, not because he's gay, but because he's the type of 30+ year old neckbeard who wears stained anime t-shirts and carries a ninja sword, and the only way to not break OP's heart is to use religion as a shield.
(07-29-2024, 05:14 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/have-you-ever-been-afraid-to-fall-asleep.939651/

EDIT:
Guess who
Quote:PlanetSmasher

After falling asleep while driving on the highway twice in the same drive? Yeah. Yeah, I've been afraid to fall asleep.

I got off the highway after the second one and parked my ass in a McDonald's and guzzled down 2 or 3 large Cokes until I got enough of an energy boost to finish the drive safely.

That's not how you "finish the drive safely" you fucking idiot, that's increasing the risk. A 20 minute nap in the car would have been the best option. But if course you knew that because you, magically, know everything and once had a career as a sleep therapist or something, I'm sure...
(07-29-2024, 09:14 PM)CHOW CHOW wrote:
(07-29-2024, 09:00 PM)Daffy Duck wrote:

:(((((((((((((((drudge))))))))))))))) Banplz :(((((((((((((((drudge)))))))))))))))

Bonus
Yep, same thing. Derp

[Image: 1392376096146.gif]

Spoiler:  (click to show)
(07-29-2024, 10:05 PM)books wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that OP's brother is embarassed by their sibling, not because he's gay, but because he's a furry.

FTFY
(07-29-2024, 10:05 PM)books wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that OP's brother is embarassed by their sibling, not because he's gay, but because he's the type of 30+ year old neckbeard who wears stained anime t-shirts and carries a ninja sword, and the only way to not break OP's heart is to use religion as a shield.

"So the 27th rolled by a couple days ago (wahoo 32 lol), and my brother texted me saying he wanted to talk. I was busy with my friends doing Magic The Gathering.."

You just might be on to something here books

Wasn't kang supposed to put butts in the seats lol
Between that thread and the constant “but I thought superhero films were dying” failed attempts at petty jokes in this weeks box office thread, they are still apparently having issues grasping the fact the MCU in on shaky ground. Deadpool with Hugh returning hasn’t changed this fact. Only Cap 4 in February can do that. 

Like this is some true cope

Quote:That's what we're saying. Despite this movie being an MCU production there are plenty of people who say it won't count and therefore the movie after will the "real test"

But basically the goalposts will always keep moving for these people. Cap 4 can be a success and they'll just find another angle. They always do

Did Antman 3 and The Marvels suddenly not happen? Thor Love and Thunder went so far into goofy territory that Hemsworth basically has said he’s done unless the character can start swinging back the other direction. People were iffy at best on She-Hulk. No Way Home is the one true bright spot before Deadpool 3 opened.
(07-29-2024, 08:43 PM)killamajig wrote: You are right. I just posted here that I don't like girl-cock. 

what if you were 30 and not married and you met this girl who is awesome and funny and perfect for you in every way but she happens to have a cock

she is NOT trans

a wizard cursed her, he said skidaddle skidoodle, your clit is now a noodle, and now she has a dick and balls

the only way she can be uncursed is to have a loving relationship with a man for 5 years

what will you do
(07-29-2024, 09:52 PM)killamajig wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/for-people-who-believe-in-rehabilitative-justice-where-are-your-limits-are-there-crimes-we-should-only-punish.939144/post-126472962
Quote:IrishNinja
the carceral system & its proponents live in our minds, it's so indoctrinated that many can't imagine anything but it - even when worsening conditions cause folks to question what "safe" even looks like

threads like this are a challenge, because the majority of folks here don't engage with restorative or transformative justice, don't engage abolitionist or even adjacent texts, etc. there's excellent primers, but they have to be engaged in good faith

It's spreading like a virus. halp

Stahp
Quote:Min

I suppose I'll just flip the script and ask about the efficacy of the current carceral system at dealing out punishment.

Quote:Nep

I'll have to rewatch it, but she uses victimization in a much broader way than what most people would, namely in terms of the negative psychological and social effects of simply living in a carceral society. But even assuming you are completely right- and I'm giving you that benefit of the doubt- I don't think it really undermines her larger points about how the judicial system isn't actually set up to prevent rape in the first place, so using it as the final arbiter on how to deal with rapists is counterproductive and moreso just for the satisfaction of people who largely have nothing to do with the victims, or even have the forethought to ask what they even want.

could this be considered carcereal

[Image: Q59r0vo.png]
good vibes only or I swear..  Hmph
(07-29-2024, 10:05 PM)books wrote: I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that OP's brother is embarassed by their sibling, not because he's gay, but because he's the type of 30+ year old neckbeard who wears stained anime t-shirts and carries a ninja sword, and the only way to not break OP's heart is to use religion as a shield.

Nah he's probably just one of those religious mentally ill people who think they can "fix" their gay family member if they proselytise hard enough. Or maybe it's not about fixing and they just want to feel superior, who knows with those freaks.
(07-29-2024, 06:19 PM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-mr-beast-employee-uploads-video-stating-mr-beast-is-a-fraud-and-his-company-morally-corrupt.936402/page-4?post=126467334#post-126467334

Quote:The story behind how I chose the S/N is that I was having difficulty finding a name and decided to take a break by surfing the web for a while. I saw an ad for sweaters/hoodies with faux college names and seals. You could order any college name you wanted but the ad featured a hoodie that said "Big State University" over the seal. At the same time the talking head on my tv was discussing MAGAts and their "deep state" paranoia. I was about to choose "FugueStateUniversity" but after seeing that changed my mind to "DeepStateUniversity". It seemed like a good joke and I didn't think it would be so triggering to someone like you. It's kind of ironic that you latched onto one thing and thought it was all you needed to know yet you call me the conspiracy theorist. I don't know what triggered you but if you continue with the personal attacks I'm gonna have a conversation with the mod team. Get a life

Quote:I don't know what triggered you but if you continue with the personal attacks I'm gonna have a conversation with the mod team. Get a life

What happens when... They are the mod team 😂

I love this quote so much.
3 users liked this post: ClothedMac, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
Gay bro is getting married at a court house, not a church, and free food is on the table? It's a government civil union, my man. No God in that. Get those breadsticks.
(07-29-2024, 11:22 PM)Uncle wrote:
(07-29-2024, 08:43 PM)killamajig wrote: You are right. I just posted here that I don't like girl-cock. 

what if you were 30 and not married and you met this girl who is awesome and funny and perfect for you in every way but she happens to have a cock

she is NOT trans

a wizard cursed her, he said skidaddle skidoodle, your clit is now a noodle, and now she has a dick and balls

the only way she can be uncursed is to have a loving relationship with a man for 5 years

what will you do

Is this a Futanari situation? Because if shes got a vagina I'm in. Otherwise no, I was born liking pussy.  

I think you are a Vaginaphobe. 

Benji, please ban him for Vaginaphobia
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-using-a-japanese-sounding-pseudonym-cultural-appropriation.938724/
Quote:So what little time I've had to game recently I've been spending in FFXIV. Something that I noticed is that a lot of people like to name their character Japanese (sounding) names.

Now being surrounded by Japanese people, I was curious about these names since I am not Japanese but I know enough that the names sounded a little "off". I'm unsure how to put it but the best way I can is that some of these are some Bobertson Shmelson-ass names. Essentially, names that a native speaker probably wouldn't use because they're not even weird in a cool fantasy sounding sense, they're just flat out weird.

I asked three Japanese native speakers their opinions on the names:

One said it was weird and laughed at some of the names

One was irritated and felt it was disrespectful and ignorant

One didn't really get the whole concept of naming a video game character

Minuscule sample size but some spread of opinions.

What's era's thoughts on these fake Japanese/Japanese sounding names?

I guess for me, if people started using names that are supposed to evoke my culture and sounded my culture-esque (?), I would be upset because to me it would mean they like my culture enough on a surface level to try to cop a name that evokes it to a person unfamiliar with it, but they don't care enough to come up with a name that makes sense. Luckily I don't have to deal with that.
3 users liked this post: MJBarret, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Gameboy Nostalgia
(07-30-2024, 12:20 AM)killamajig wrote:
(07-29-2024, 11:22 PM)Uncle wrote:

she is NOT trans

what will you do

Is this a Futanari situation? Because if shes got a vagina I'm in. Otherwise no, I was born liking pussy.  

I think you are a Vaginaphobe. 

Benji, please ban him for Vaginaphobia

she has no credit card slot at this time

to my point, I should've phrased it more like, you are forced to choose between a cisgirl with a wizard-imposed dick, or a transgirl with a dick

because almost a bigger turnoff than the dick is the mental illness and assured baggage
cisgirl with a wizard dick because that means there's wizards in the world and I can become a dragon.  doggy
(07-30-2024, 12:57 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: cisgirl with a wizard dick because that means there's wizards in the world and I can become a dragon.  doggy

Hesright
Who's to say in the infinite sexual spectrum there isn't a 'xual not yet named that describes those who are attracted to transwomen who don't have have girlcock?
You should write doujinshis, uncle.
You need three categories. Wizard cisdick girl, real trans individuals who actually pass and are normal acting people, and trans-trender transbian AGP fetishists' like Chris Tyson and the Resetera cult, except Hachikoma.