Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(08-26-2024, 03:45 AM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:36 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:14 AM)Steven Snell wrote: Kyuuji's just all in on the ZZZ train now it seems.

Yikes

Playing a Mihoyo game when the company literally white washes all their characters AND the community votes for a loli version of a ZZZ character as their favorite? Kyuuji's got some explaining to do to the burka girls!
I wouldn’t be so sure. The modern burka thread is like a secondary OT for anime gacha shit.

How that came to pass is a mystery to everyone, of course.

They always discussed waifu shit, they are just more open about they collecting figurines and how much they hate creepy moe shit that is not creepy moe shit they like. 

And, being honest, the handmaidens on the site are also closeted self hating weebs.
(08-26-2024, 03:11 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 02:22 AM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
Mory Dunz wrote:When Brad was doing his lasts podcasts, he said he'd still be around and pop in too and be around on a few streams/events.

I haven't seen the streams or every video, but he hasn't been on anything right...?

I'll assume if he doesn't have an appearance for any FF7 video or Nintendo switch 2, or TGAs by the end of the year that he's actually not gonna be on anything

Noog wrote:I hope he pops back up. It's unfortunate what happened. I hope there aren't hard feelings among the allies and Brad. Brad and Huber still seem close, which is impoetant.

I still feel uncomfortable about the whole situation, and this forum as well as the Discord's role in what happened.

Wish they would just call out zeovgm for trying to get Brad fired from EZA on the Reddit, discord and resetera lol 

Plufim wrote:I don't think the community did anything wrong. Colin is poison, and having someone from his network on was always going to be a problem. He makes queer people feel extremely unsafe, which is a big problem when the community is queer friendly and has a large queet audience.

Win

blackbird wrote:Colin is a horrible influence for so many reasons and i don't know why you would want to be associated with him.

as a trans woman, i hate some people would try to defend him.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/easy-allies-ot3-begin-corrections-music-please.145554/page-427#post-127678155

Wasn’t the whole cancellation because he made a sexist dad joke rather than anything Anti Queer?

Yep, but he’s had “cancelled” people on his podcast to get their side of the story now. Most recently the woman from LRG that was fired and Jawmuncher was hired to replace. Why was she fired? Oh, for posting that she was excited for Hogwarts legacy and following right wing twitter accounts. Comical. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-uh-why-does-limited-run-games-have-a-transphobe-as-their-community-manager-up-fired.672658/

(08-26-2024, 02:22 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(08-26-2024, 01:14 AM)BananaBlast wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:55 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Link to it? I can't recall it.
I'll eventually find and post the link sooner or later, but it was when coffeecat ragequit the forum all because someone disagreed with them.

It started off with coffeecat saying that people who think modern female characters are ugly are people with shitty genetics and mental disorders. And I thought that was pretty bizarre and unnecessarily harsh. I didn't know such a "progressive" forum would allow someone to mock the idea of nerds having autism and genetic disabilities that would prevent them from getting laid, lmao.

Then a little while later, someone disagreed with coffecat said about something else, and then coffeecat ragequit the forum. All over a simple disagreement.

Now I wasn't able to see what had actually transpired, since most of the conversation was hidden behind that cowardly "reply to this thread to see these posts" function, but it was evident coffecat ragequit the website over someone simply countering their opinion. Hilarious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-412#post-125501736

I did find an apology.  lol

Quote:The discussion following my post took up the time of many people, including Patsy , Foot , PallasKitten , PlanetSmasher , Juraash , MoonlitSeer and others. I would like to apologize to them all.
Dead
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399160/Soulash_2/

procedurally generated world game that simulates a lot

the start of controversy:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2399160/eventcomments/6394634754792581524/#c6394634754792975880

[Image: J7w58MX.png]

n-no same sex marriages?!  omg

quick, use the tactics we normally say only chuds use

[Image: H3yPow7.png]

he's not bowing to our demands?!?! Social Justice Warrior 

[Image: bOMQ1FO.png]

unironically I was just wondering the other day what would happen if a game did this, if some dev said yeah this is my fantasy world, it's different from the real world, it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

and looking at this game, it's literally a take on rimworld/dwarf fortress adventure mode which is amazing

immediate purchase, not even about his stance
HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA
Spoiler:  (click to show)
[Image: Q0Dc9Od.jpg]

3 users liked this post: MJBarret, Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower
(08-26-2024, 03:45 AM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:36 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(08-26-2024, 03:14 AM)Steven Snell wrote: Kyuuji's just all in on the ZZZ train now it seems.

Yikes

Playing a Mihoyo game when the company literally white washes all their characters AND the community votes for a loli version of a ZZZ character as their favorite? Kyuuji's got some explaining to do to the burka girls!
I wouldn’t be so sure. The modern burka thread is like a secondary OT for anime gacha shit.

How that came to pass is a mystery to everyone, of course.

Easily explained by bad luck and systemic issues
Quote:it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

That is so gay that it hurts. (No offense)

Like those transgender people obsessed with amorphous beings.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/UnicornJelly
I'm still waiting for the trans flag. The bire using the old LGBT flag is oppressive.  maf
2 users liked this post: benji, Taco Bell Tower
(08-26-2024, 04:21 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

what's wrong with an artist being able to express themselves as they see fit, for the same reason that dark souls dev can decide to make the game as difficult as they want their game to be or exclude various features like the ability to pause

a fantasy world doesn't have to represent the real world in any way, nor represent anyone's preferences but the creator's

tbh there are a lot of games that don't even have humans or relationships in them already, it's far from unheard of
(08-26-2024, 04:37 AM)Uncle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 04:21 AM)Boredfrom wrote:

what's wrong with an artist being able to express themselves as they see fit, for the same reason that dark souls dev can decide to make the game as difficult as they want their game to be or exclude various features like the ability to pause

a fantasy world doesn't have to represent the real world in any way, nor represent anyone's preferences but the creator's

tbh there are a lot of games that don't even have humans or relationships in them already, it's far from unheard of

Not saying is wrong, just that is gay.  gay 
Like is not wrong to create a webcomic about your sexual and gender frustrations… is just may not get obsessed about it. (Like kicking the wasp nest by getting angry at Twitter when you first answer is perfectly valid and reasonable and, in the case of the jelly unicorn creator, creating flame wars about My Little Pony fanfic communities).
I think you mean it's soy
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Boredfrom
You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?
Why did ZeoVGM go back to his non-LGBTQIA+ progressive avatar? I guess being an ally only matters during pride month.  Rolleyes
TVC…  Feels bad, man

Someone post the psychotic murder post that got him demoded from GAF pls
4 users liked this post: benji, Alpacx, Taco Bell Tower, Gameboy Nostalgia
(08-26-2024, 02:22 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(08-26-2024, 01:14 AM)BananaBlast wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:55 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Link to it? I can't recall it.
I'll eventually find and post the link sooner or later, but it was when coffeecat ragequit the forum all because someone disagreed with them.

It started off with coffeecat saying that people who think modern female characters are ugly are people with shitty genetics and mental disorders. And I thought that was pretty bizarre and unnecessarily harsh. I didn't know such a "progressive" forum would allow someone to mock the idea of nerds having autism and genetic disabilities that would prevent them from getting laid, lmao.

Then a little while later, someone disagreed with coffecat said about something else, and then coffeecat ragequit the forum. All over a simple disagreement.

Now I wasn't able to see what had actually transpired, since most of the conversation was hidden behind that cowardly "reply to this thread to see these posts" function, but it was evident coffecat ragequit the website over someone simply countering their opinion. Hilarious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-make-her-look-more-corpulent-more-stuffed-where-the-eyes-cant-escape.275780/page-412#post-125501736

I did find an apology.  lol
Yup, that's around the time. 

I assume you guys had already discussed before? Because just look at this mess. This is some presidental-style apology for absolutely nothing of an offense, that only a cult like ResetERA would need. I can't even find the words to describe how batshit insane that is.

"I am writing a formal apology apologizing to those who weren't even affected because I said I wanted to read the hidden reason why a mentally ill trans user ragequit the forum"
Bit of a care post but I watched a couple videos of Black Myth Wukong. On surface it’s a basic modern action game. Reminds me of Nioh more than anything. The hook is representing Chinese mythology and that plays well for a Chinese audience and those interested in other cultures. Sort of like Ghost of Tsushima. It’s neat and in the spirit of diversity of ideas and people. That’s all to say, we need a Garshasp remaster.
(08-26-2024, 05:15 AM)Greatness Gone wrote: TVC…  Feels bad, man

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/offend-me-and-possibly-others.921700/post-136559968
Is this it?
(08-26-2024, 04:16 AM)Uncle wrote: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399160/Soulash_2/

procedurally generated world game that simulates a lot

the start of controversy:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2399160/eventcomments/6394634754792581524/#c6394634754792975880

[Image: J7w58MX.png]

n-no same sex marriages?!  omg

quick, use the tactics we normally say only chuds use

[Image: H3yPow7.png]

he's not bowing to our demands?!?! Social Justice Warrior 

[Image: bOMQ1FO.png]

unironically I was just wondering the other day what would happen if a game did this, if some dev said yeah this is my fantasy world, it's different from the real world, it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

and looking at this game, it's literally a take on rimworld/dwarf fortress adventure mode which is amazing

immediate purchase, not even about his stance
HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA

As always the lesson to be learned is to never interact with strangers online.
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=48562.msg3112595#msg3112595
Rejoice
Oh, and found the post I was referring to about TheEchosOfTheCyborg on that same page.

TheEchosOfTheCyborg wrote:Okay I think I've I've poorly explained I was trying to say.

I'm autistic and grew up being heavily physically and mentally bullied because of it (along with being fat, a dork and people thinking I was gay) and made to feel unwanted, ugly and unattractive (especially when only discourse was usually "Autistic = Freak/Misogynist/unlikable prick/Man".

Characters like the ones I brought are the type of ones I grew up relating to (Sailor Mercury especially was a childhood idol) and read as autistic like I know many other autistic people do.

That's why seeing those characters being considered attractive by women, being shipped and appearing in adorable wlw art made me so happy. I wasn't calling Liara or Aerith ugly, they are attractive, just pointing out their not the characters usually sexualized or treated as the sex appeal characters. I like seeing this, especially since it's usually done in a non-objectifying or fetishy way. I love say quirky, shy introverts to love factoids and think Sea pigs are the best ever considered beautiful by women, I would have loved knowing that as a kid.

I wasn't upset, I wasn't frustrated, I was trying to be positive.
Again, I don't condone or endorse bullying of any kind, but yeah.... makes sense why they bullied you. lol The kid was probably crying and screeching at sexy women even back then. Probably stormed out of the room angrily while the other normal teenage boys were like "oooooooh i like big boobies"

Fat, weird, effeminate, high-functioning autistic kid grows up into super weird obnoxious trans woman wasting their adult life crying about sexy female characters on a forum full of femcels. It all adds up lol

Also how strange it is to think Aerith from FF7 "reads as autistic" just because she's slightly more tomboyish and quirky than Tifa. That's some weird, egocentric projecting going on.
(08-26-2024, 05:51 AM)D3RANG3D wrote:
(08-26-2024, 05:15 AM)Greatness Gone wrote: TVC…  Feels bad, man

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/offend-me-and-possibly-others.921700/post-136559968
Is this it?
Whoo

the fact that almost every reply to his highly detailed murder post is a light hearted joke. holy shit how the fuck did we go from this to era
With very skillfully done astroturfing/gaslighting of the glow in the dark variety... 
Tinfoil Subscribe to Info Wars!
I miss stufte  Feels bad, man
(08-26-2024, 05:58 AM)D3RANG3D wrote: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=48562.msg3112595#msg3112595
Rejoice

I see a Booshka, is that Ree's Booshka?
1 user liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia
TheEchosOfTheCyborg and asking about wlw go hand in hand.
2 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower
If only Seafoam Gaming gave us new youtube content.  Stahp
Quote:Characters like the ones I brought are the type of ones I grew up relating to (Sailor Mercury especially was a childhood idol) and read as autistic like I know many other autistic people do.

That's why seeing those characters being considered attractive by women, being shipped and appearing in adorable wlw art made me so happy. I wasn't calling Liara or Aerith ugly, they are attractive, just pointing out their not the characters usually sexualized or treated as the sex appeal characters.

Just FYI since you're having issues such as being turned away from an orgy. Here you are describing anime weeaboos on Restera, not women.
4 users liked this post: benji, HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(08-26-2024, 04:34 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I'm still waiting for the trans flag. The bire using the old LGBT flag is oppressive.  maf

You’ll have to be more specific.
2 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(08-26-2024, 07:14 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote:
Quote:Characters like the ones I brought are the type of ones I grew up relating to (Sailor Mercury especially was a childhood idol) and read as autistic like I know many other autistic people do.

That's why seeing those characters being considered attractive by women, being shipped and appearing in adorable wlw art made me so happy. I wasn't calling Liara or Aerith ugly, they are attractive, just pointing out their not the characters usually sexualized or treated as the sex appeal characters.

Just FYI since you're having issues such as being turned away from an orgy. Here you are describing anime weeaboos on Restera, not women.

Sailor Mercury is a 14 year old girl.
Liking computers and being geeky is just autistic now I guess.