Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(08-26-2024, 07:37 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Liking computers and being geeky is just autistic now I guess.

How to phrase this without being insensitive… autistic people aren’t the best at picking up social cues and that applies to media comprehension. Throw narcissism into the mix where everybody has to represent you, well.

It’s odd when there are characters who are, in text, autistic. In last year’s Fincher directed The Killer, Fassbender’s titular character is autistic. He’s a good role model, too. Has a latina wife. Does yoga. Loves The Smiths.
He wasn't autistic he was just anti-social.
(08-26-2024, 07:52 AM)Polident wrote:
(08-26-2024, 07:37 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Liking computers and being geeky is just autistic now I guess.

How to phrase this without being insensitive… autistic people aren’t the best at picking up social cues and that applies to media comprehension. Throw narcissism into the mix where everybody has to represent you, well.

It’s odd when there are characters who are, in text, autistic. In last year’s Fincher directed The Killer, Fassbender’s titular character is autistic. He’s a good role model, too. Has a latina wife. Does yoga. Loves The Smiths.

I 100% get it, sorry if I came across as too mean. It's just funny.
3 users liked this post: HeavenIsAPlaceOnEarth, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(08-26-2024, 08:01 AM)Rendle wrote: He wasn't autistic he was just anti-social.

I thought he was wlw  Not like this!
(08-26-2024, 08:04 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote:

I meant Michael Fassbender in the killer wasn't autistic, have no idea whether that poster is or not. Considering how chic it is to self-diagnose yourself as autistic these days, i'd never take someone's word for it. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, i'm autistic.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-sold-10m-copies-3m-peak-ccu-all-platforms.961929/page-13#post-127703904

Quote:duckvalentine
Reporter at IGN Verified
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Edit: I responded to this but realize after I wrote it that anything I post here is going to get screenshot and plastered all over social media and I'm gonna get another week of death threats so, nevermind.

Please read the article in full if you have not, and consider that we're held to pretty high standards at IGN for translation accuracy and fact checking with stuff like this. That's all.

lol
(08-26-2024, 08:14 AM)Rendle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 08:04 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote:

I meant Michael Fassbender in the killer wasn't autistic, have no idea whether that poster is or not. Considering how chic it is to self-diagnose yourself as autistic these days, i'd never take someone's word for it. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, i'm autistic.

no, he was WLW  Social Justice Warrior 2  or at least thats how he reads 

You can tell because he was very careful and particular
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-sold-10m-copies-3m-peak-ccu-all-platforms.961929/page-13#post-127707369

Yikes

Quote:It's absurd to translate Chinese to English literally and use it as evidence to prove the poster is sexist.
US people can never understand how some Chinese sentence can be so insulting translated to English while Chinese just laugh about it.
For those "evidence" of game creators being sexist, reaction of average Chinese people after reading them will be like:
The writer tries to look interesting and close to players by using vulgar words in a poetry-like form, displaying their excitement and worries after their trailer became viral. The resulted post is not sexist, just stupid and look uneducated.

The "good to jerk off" comment is also not sexist as read by average Chinese audience.
Chinese people don't find something sexist when there exist equivalent self-sexualizing terms used by both men and women. There is an even more popular term used by stupid female weibo/xiaohongshu users, "I'm ovulating right now", meaning they see some guy very attractive (mostly male artists). It's so annoying to some people and there are countless posts about these words and their usage. There are so many similar words people asking government to ban, not because they are sexist, but they are just vulgar and annoying, including some other words used by the game creators. "I'm wet", "Giving you some lower body enjoyment". They are frequently used by both men and women on Chinese internet.

Also I can understand why they told streamers to not discuss certain topics like feminist propaganda. Because that is no.1 bomb on Chinese social platforms. On Chinese social media, men complain they are devalued because there are so many requirements on them, like most men in China give most of their earnings to their wives to keep, also most men are expected to own a home before getting married, all these stuff. While women also think they are devalued, because on average women are paid less than men, harder to get a job because employers are unwilling to hire women who can potentially start their job for a week and become pregnant then start full pay leave for one year, etc. It backfired so hard because cultural difference. I think they should just say: stick to the game, restrain from unrelated topics like politics.
[Image: reading-trump.gif]
(08-26-2024, 08:02 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I 100% get it, sorry if I came across as too mean. It's just funny.

No, not at all. I was speaking for myself. I try to be somewhat careful not overstepping on topics like autism and erectile dysfunction, knowing how common they are among gamers.

Fact check

Quote:Fincher sought to ground his character’s tunnel vision in a more mundane reality. “I love the idea of a Charles Bronson character who’s maybe misdiagnosed adult autistic,” he said. “And before 2023, I’m not sure anybody would have gone, ‘Oh, that makes sense.’”

There’s a good chance I’m reading that wrong. On account of the autism.

At least there’s Ben Affleck in The Accountant.
(08-26-2024, 08:17 AM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-sold-10m-copies-3m-peak-ccu-all-platforms.961929/page-13#post-127703904

Quote:duckvalentine
Reporter at IGN Verified
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Edit: I responded to this but realize after I wrote it that anything I post here is going to get screenshot and plastered all over social media and I'm gonna get another week of death threats so, nevermind.

Please read the article in full if you have not, and consider that we're held to pretty high standards at IGN for translation accuracy and fact checking with stuff like this. That's all.

lol

IGN hates CHYNA. Is that so wrong?  Trumps
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, Nintex, D3RANG3D
I seriously think there's a lot of autism and narcissism in the why women criticize threads, and it's certainly not just from Echos. A lot of the whining seems to stem from linear thinking patterns and an overinflated self of ego. "This big boob waifu makes me feel bad about myself, therefore it's awful and sexist"

(08-26-2024, 08:21 AM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-sold-10m-copies-3m-peak-ccu-all-platforms.961929/page-13#post-127707369

Yikes

Quote:It's absurd to translate Chinese to English literally and use it as evidence to prove the poster is sexist.
US people can never understand how some Chinese sentence can be so insulting translated to English while Chinese just laugh about it.
For those "evidence" of game creators being sexist, reaction of average Chinese people after reading them will be like:
The writer tries to look interesting and close to players by using vulgar words in a poetry-like form, displaying their excitement and worries after their trailer became viral. The resulted post is not sexist, just stupid and look uneducated.

The "good to jerk off" comment is also not sexist as read by average Chinese audience.
Chinese people don't find something sexist when there exist equivalent self-sexualizing terms used by both men and women. There is an even more popular term used by stupid female weibo/xiaohongshu users, "I'm ovulating right now", meaning they see some guy very attractive (mostly male artists). It's so annoying to some people and there are countless posts about these words and their usage. There are so many similar words people asking government to ban, not because they are sexist, but they are just vulgar and annoying, including some other words used by the game creators. "I'm wet", "Giving you some lower body enjoyment". They are frequently used by both men and women on Chinese internet.

Also I can understand why they told streamers to not discuss certain topics like feminist propaganda. Because that is no.1 bomb on Chinese social platforms. On Chinese social media, men complain they are devalued because there are so many requirements on them, like most men in China give most of their earnings to their wives to keep, also most men are expected to own a home before getting married, all these stuff. While women also think they are devalued, because on average women are paid less than men, harder to get a job because employers are unwilling to hire women who can potentially start their job for a week and become pregnant then start full pay leave for one year, etc. It backfired so hard because cultural difference. I think they should just say: stick to the game, restrain from unrelated topics like politics.
Calling it now: instant permanent ban.
It's an obvious alt.  Cop

Get 'em, Nep!
is concord another one of those games where the entire playerbase is the 300 people in the era ot talking about it?
Quote:There is an even more popular term used by stupid female weibo/xiaohongshu users, "I'm ovulating right now", meaning they see some guy very attractive (mostly male artists).

Hell yeah
Quote:Tbh I think these numbers are more a relection of the community's ability to be influenced by, well,influencers. Which is pretty sad really. The concord PR team has a hand in that for sure. But the game is clearly good, that's not in debate, and it's not a full price title, I mean if you're haggling over the price of concord ...what are you doing. It's a game that's only playable on a ps5 or a decent PC ...and the price of concord is apparently enough to have people grab pitch forks and run In to the streets? Uh huh...

That isn't what's going on here. It's pretty obvious what is.

The absolute state of these console warriors

lol
I'm ovulating right now!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-54#post-127708287
razzMAtaZz wrote:Tbh I think these numbers are more a relection of the community's ability to be influenced by, well,influencers. Which is pretty sad really. The concord PR team has a hand in that for sure. But the game is clearly good, that's not in debate, and it's not a full price title, I mean if you're haggling over the price of concord ...what are you doing. It's a game that's only playable on a ps5 or a decent PC ...and the price of concord is apparently enough to have people grab pitch forks and run In to the streets? Uh huh...

lol
I wonder if that Daw character has a bigger hit box because they're fatter.  hmm
(08-26-2024, 05:58 AM)D3RANG3D wrote: http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=48562.msg3112595#msg3112595
Rejoice

Jesus trashy  Whew
(08-26-2024, 09:23 AM)Snoopy wrote:
Quote:Tbh I think these numbers are more a relection of the community's ability to be influenced by, well,influencers. Which is pretty sad really. The concord PR team has a hand in that for sure. But the game is clearly good, that's not in debate, and it's not a full price title, I mean if you're haggling over the price of concord ...what are you doing. It's a game that's only playable on a ps5 or a decent PC ...and the price of concord is apparently enough to have people grab pitch forks and run In to the streets? Uh huh...

The absolute state of these console warriors

lol

In relation to other better games in the same genre, it's fucking heaps expensive considering they're all free...
(08-26-2024, 09:45 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-54#post-127708287
razzMAtaZz wrote:Tbh I think these numbers are more a relection of the community's ability to be influenced by, well,influencers. Which is pretty sad really. The concord PR team has a hand in that for sure. But the game is clearly good, that's not in debate, and it's not a full price title, I mean if you're haggling over the price of concord ...what are you doing. It's a game that's only playable on a ps5 or a decent PC ...and the price of concord is apparently enough to have people grab pitch forks and run In to the streets? Uh huh...

lol

Was it ZeroVag who used to quote people's post count?
(08-26-2024, 09:45 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-54#post-127708287

lol

Factcheck:
[Image: uSvp5wJ.png]
(08-26-2024, 09:48 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I wonder if that Daw character has a bigger hit box because they're fatter.  hmm

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConcordGame/comments/1f0qdjq/my_problem_with_the_character_designs_and_why/

Quote:Some of the design choices are absolutely baffling (and you can't blame this on anti-woke or SBI or whatever). Look at Daw. He's a support, yes? He's supposed to be midline throwing down heals and mitigating damage, yes? WHY IS HE FAT with a huge hitbox? He's supposed to encourage group play so he can maximize the number of people he gets with his pad, but if people group around him, his huge ass hitbox means he's going to take damage on EVERY. SINGLE. AOE. I'm not fataphobic or whatever - but this is a game. How fat you are should be directly proportional to how well you can take a hit. Emari can take lots of hits - she's fat. No worries. Daw... Daw can't take hits, man. He's not supposed to. SO WHY'S HE FAT?

Quote:It's all fucking meaningless! Design language is important. I see the heavy in TF2 - I know he's a tank - because he's fat, and has a big gun. I see the scout - I know he's fast who wants to get close, because he's got a double barreled shotgun and looks thin and wiry. The spy's a sneaky son of a bitch because he looks like a... spy... The engi probably builds shit because he's got a wrench and a hardhat... See where I'm getting with this?

Now you look at Lark, Haymar, and Duchess. Not even talking about how difficult it is to identify them in the field during the heat of battle, can you tell me, from a design language perspective, what their role is and how they play?

Don't take the piss. You fucking can't.

lol
It's an actual tragedy Star Wars Outlaws isn't a Sony exclusive. Now we'll only get about 50 pages of meltdowns and defense over mediocre slop
4 users liked this post: Potato, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(08-26-2024, 10:49 AM)HaughtyFrank wrote:

lol

I’m actually glad this exists. This almost feels like those types of people having their “Jumping The Shark” moment.

lol

Are you fucking kidding me?? loooool.
Every single fucking tactic they love to use and weaponize is a fucking weapon/special move in this game. loooool.
(08-26-2024, 11:17 AM)malfoyking wrote:

lol

Are you fucking kidding me?? loooool.
Every single fucking tactic they love to use and weaponize is a fucking weapon/special move in this game. loooool.

[Image: DDZvbuK.png]
(08-26-2024, 10:41 AM)Uncle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 09:48 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: I wonder if that Daw character has a bigger hit box because they're fatter.  hmm

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConcordGame/comments/1f0qdjq/my_problem_with_the_character_designs_and_why/

Quote:Some of the design choices are absolutely baffling (and you can't blame this on anti-woke or SBI or whatever). Look at Daw. He's a support, yes? He's supposed to be midline throwing down heals and mitigating damage, yes? WHY IS HE FAT with a huge hitbox? He's supposed to encourage group play so he can maximize the number of people he gets with his pad, but if people group around him, his huge ass hitbox means he's going to take damage on EVERY. SINGLE. AOE. I'm not fataphobic or whatever - but this is a game. How fat you are should be directly proportional to how well you can take a hit. Emari can take lots of hits - she's fat. No worries. Daw... Daw can't take hits, man. He's not supposed to. SO WHY'S HE FAT?

Quote:It's all fucking meaningless! Design language is important. I see the heavy in TF2 - I know he's a tank - because he's fat, and has a big gun. I see the scout - I know he's fast who wants to get close, because he's got a double barreled shotgun and looks thin and wiry. The spy's a sneaky son of a bitch because he looks like a... spy... The engi probably builds shit because he's got a wrench and a hardhat... See where I'm getting with this?

Now you look at Lark, Haymar, and Duchess. Not even talking about how difficult it is to identify them in the field during the heat of battle, can you tell me, from a design language perspective, what their role is and how they play?

Don't take the piss. You fucking can't.

lol holy fuck why even play Daw then if he doesn't get superior armor from being fat? All body types matter mean shit in team meta comps.