Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/

You are such a fucking tool, Doops.
Dustborn seems like a very clever shitpost. Masquerade as a woke, inclusive game, but is secretly bad on purpose to mock them.

There's no way they could think being "triggered" and "cancel" as special moves isn't shitpost material.
(08-26-2024, 11:26 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: lol holy fuck why even play Daw then if he doesn't get superior armor from being fat? All body types matter mean shit in team meta comps.
That's hilarious. Pretty much every single big boy, chunky etc. type of characters in video games are designed to take more hits than the smaller ones.

I guess this Daw fella is one of those "sensitive crybaby fat kids" though lol
who knew that  a game where every character is a uncool gay retard would be unappealing
(08-26-2024, 11:33 AM)BananaBlast wrote: Dustborn seems like a very clever shitpost. Masquerade as a woke, inclusive game, but is secretly bad on purpose to mock them.

There's no way they could think being "triggered" and "cancel" as special moves isn't shitpost material.

I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made as a grift. Stuff like this will catch people hating on it for being junk. While the crazies will say “Nuh-uh! This is amazing. You’re just saying it because you’re homophobic, transphobic, and a racist. You white-cis piece of shit!”, all the while they know it sucks, and proceed to drop cash on it to support it without actually playing it. A simple easy grift.
I dunno I think they kinda just thought that's what people wanted based on bad assumptions. They were wrong and ended up spending a lot of money on something nobody wanted.
May be, but the dude that made it has cult following because his past games. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Longest_Journey

So I imagine people will call the bluff if it was out of character for his writing style.
(08-26-2024, 11:44 AM)remy wrote: who knew that  a game where every character is a uncool gay retard would be unappealing

I liked Life is Strange

ufup
(08-26-2024, 11:44 AM)remy wrote: who knew that  a game where every character is a uncool gay retard would be unappealing

MGCCA

Make Gay Characters Cool Again

Don’t make them like Bengraven’s son.
Dustborn was made by Norwegians. Take that as you will.
(08-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Rendle wrote:

I liked Life is Strange

ufup

HELLA BASED
[Image: chloe-price-hug.gif]
(08-26-2024, 11:55 AM)Besticus Maximus wrote: I dunno I think they kinda just thought that's what people wanted based on bad assumptions. They were wrong and ended up spending a lot of money on something nobody wanted.

I think the old Norwegian man really thought that the wokies were the New Punk and not a lame geeky subculture from San Francisco game development.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women%E2%80%99s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/post-127705404
Quote:Lady Dimitrescu

I mean it's just a few steps ahead of the Republican party. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not shrugging off the action itself, it's obviously anger inducing, just want to remind Americans that their counterpart isn't too far behind doing this when it comes to women and women's autonomy. It's merely a glance into the future if the patriarchy is continued to allow to thrive.

Tyrant, If you don't want the patriarchy to thrive, you can start by not telling women what to do since you're a man.
The vandalized dustborn wiki is cracking me up:
https://dustborn.fandom.com/wiki/Dustborn_Wiki
3 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia
(08-26-2024, 12:05 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Rendle wrote:

I liked Life is Strange

ufup

HELLA BASED

There is a ton of better fetish lesbian adventure games in the market. Trumps Life is Strange is too Tumblr to me. Yeshrug
(08-26-2024, 12:19 PM)EaldNarche wrote: The vandalized dustborn wiki is cracking me up:

Why bother when you can just play the game and laugh:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyHappyBaconNotLikeThis-aE_5fMjdoLzPO--X
4 users liked this post: Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D, Gameboy Nostalgia, Boredfrom
https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/post-127711332

ForumSmasher wrote:Agreed. I wish I could say that people being weird about boundaries was a new thing, but I've seen all kinds of shit. One of my friends like 15 years ago tried to flirt with Olivia Wilde while Jason Sudeikis was in the bathroom, for example. Fucker just walked right up to her and shot his shot while I died of embarrassment. People get really weird around famous people and it's always embarrassing to see from the outside and it sucks even more when you're receiving it.

The one thing I've never seen is people putting hands on celebrities outside of, like, a handshake, though. The idea that you're entitled to touch a stranger just because you like their music or saw them on TV or recognize them from social media is just unfathomable to me.
Yea I'm sure it was a "friend"
(08-26-2024, 12:19 PM)EaldNarche wrote: The vandalized dustborn wiki is cracking me up:

Larry 

To 4chan for me. There is moments of brilliance that get killed when the /pol/ side completes a paragraph.
Quote:Goyslop Games are a bunch of talentless hacks

Sloppy start. Passable for Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Quote:unable to be financially viable, so they turn to government grants to make the abominations they call games.

THIS. Use this. This is the sad true of indie European developers. Don’t ruin it with polit…

Quote:The Norwegian lead dev got his fee-fees hurt all the way from America to fuckin Norway when teh evil Orange Man won the 2016 american election for some reason. (the dude is in Norway, why should he care?)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffff

Quote:His butthurt got so bad that he had to make it everyone's problem, so after getting some sweet sweet Norwegian Crowns from Daddy State, he began the development of Dustborn.

Nah, you fucked up. You have it but you needed to simp for Cheeto Man.
(08-26-2024, 12:02 PM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: Dustborn was made by Norwegians. Take that as you will.

Actually I was going to edit my post pointing that out. Apparently it didn’t go through. But yes, Norwegians know they are worshipped by the anti-American Americans, and it’s an easy grift for them to appeal to those types in an age where it’s easier for a European company to get their games into the US market. But this was a miscalculation thinking people still want narrative games like Life Is Strange, even if it’s a CW, or NCIS grade level written game that appeal to the lowest common denominator “Left-Wingers”.

Kinda like game developers thinking Hero Shooters, and GaaS games still appeal to people. Really this year has proven that most people are done wanting to play multi-players. Or at least new IP multi-players.  Time to focus on charging people for new skins in single player games, and prioritize making New Game+ extremely different in development.
(08-26-2024, 12:24 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Rendle wrote: I liked Life is Strange

ufup

HELLA BASED
There is a ton of better fetish lesbian adventure games in the market. Trumps Life is Strange is too Tumblr to me. Yeshrug

The first life is strange was really good. it had all that but didn't put it before the actual story or general setting. but from part 2, that became the forefront and the series just pivoted to mainly only an lgbt series. sales have dropped with every entry after that so I'm not surprised.
Double post
(08-26-2024, 12:28 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

Larry 

To 4chan for me. There is moments of brilliance that get killed when the /pol/ side completes a paragraph.

I'm not an edgelord myself, but just the idea of yakub being the final boss cracked me up
(08-26-2024, 12:27 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/post-127711332

ForumSmasher wrote:Agreed. I wish I could say that people being weird about boundaries was a new thing, but I've seen all kinds of shit. One of my friends like 15 years ago tried to flirt with Olivia Wilde while Jason Sudeikis was in the bathroom, for example. Fucker just walked right up to her and shot his shot while I died of embarrassment. People get really weird around famous people and it's always embarrassing to see from the outside and it sucks even more when you're receiving it.

The one thing I've never seen is people putting hands on celebrities outside of, like, a handshake, though. The idea that you're entitled to touch a stranger just because you like their music or saw them on TV or recognize them from social media is just unfathomable to me.

15 years ago? So two years before Sudekis and Wilde were dating? If you're going to lie at least lie well.
(08-26-2024, 12:27 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/post-127711332

Regardless, he was right to. Wilde was probably cheating on him multiple times before they divorced.
4 users liked this post: D3RANG3D, DavidCroquet, Gameboy Nostalgia, BananaBlast
(08-26-2024, 12:40 PM)Rendle wrote:

15 years ago? So two years before Sudekis and Wilde were dating? If you're going to lie at least lie well.

Hahaha… Good catch.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/queer-artists-reimagine-the-story-of-a-19th-century-doomsday-movement-in-those-who-wait.963516/
Quote:https://www.inquirer.com/arts/millerite-seventh-day-adventist-ty-burdenski-chani-bockwinkel-20240825.html

The film — featuring a cast of West Philly queers donning top hats and bonnets

Those Who Wait is neither a documentary nor a narrative film (its inability to be classified is an aspect of its queerness, Bockwinkel says). It leans heavily on sound, movement, and slow shots, dwelling on images of people smelling flowers and gazing at the sunrise after expecting the world to end, and it leans very lightly on dialogue.

As an early title card explains: “We look to the Hopeful — these ‘Millerites’ — not as a history lesson but as experts in a feeling.”

Let's take an interesting historical event, remove the history and just make it about queerness. Using the Dustborn strategy I see.

This is exactly what their problem is. Take a story that should be interesting to history nerds like me and twist it around so history nerds don't watch it. It's supposedly the first movie from these guys and they try to make it as niche as possible. I look forward to all the crying when nobody watches it. Good job!
(08-26-2024, 12:28 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Larry 

I agree. You can just tell when the editing comes from some /pol/ obsessed basement dwellers malding to the point they have to get their own politics across.

Dustborn isn't really something to get upset about. People are already having a good time mocking it just as it is.
(08-26-2024, 12:24 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:59 AM)Rendle wrote: I liked Life is Strange

ufup

HELLA BASED

Show the respect Life is Strange deserves!  Professor Scott Steiner
(08-26-2024, 12:38 PM)EaldNarche wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:28 PM)Boredfrom wrote:

Larry 

I'm not an edgelord myself, but just the idea of yakub being the final boss cracked me up

Like I said, moments of brilliance ruined by “but not, seriously, I genuinely like Trump. Not in the meme way but in the “white replacement theory” way”.

Edgelord humor is an art on itself. Snob