Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
(08-26-2024, 04:16 AM)Uncle wrote: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399160/Soulash_2/

procedurally generated world game that simulates a lot

the start of controversy:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2399160/eventcomments/6394634754792581524/#c6394634754792975880

[Image: J7w58MX.png]

n-no same sex marriages?!  omg

quick, use the tactics we normally say only chuds use

[Image: H3yPow7.png]

he's not bowing to our demands?!?! Social Justice Warrior 

[Image: bOMQ1FO.png]

unironically I was just wondering the other day what would happen if a game did this, if some dev said yeah this is my fantasy world, it's different from the real world, it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

and looking at this game, it's literally a take on rimworld/dwarf fortress adventure mode which is amazing

immediate purchase, not even about his stance
HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA

RE talking about it. No mention of the review bombing though hmm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/soulash-developer-homophobic-meltdown.963531/
(08-26-2024, 12:47 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(08-26-2024, 04:16 AM)Uncle wrote: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2399160/Soulash_2/

procedurally generated world game that simulates a lot

the start of controversy:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2399160/eventcomments/6394634754792581524/#c6394634754792975880

[Image: J7w58MX.png]

n-no same sex marriages?!  omg

quick, use the tactics we normally say only chuds use

[Image: H3yPow7.png]

he's not bowing to our demands?!?! Social Justice Warrior 

[Image: bOMQ1FO.png]

unironically I was just wondering the other day what would happen if a game did this, if some dev said yeah this is my fantasy world, it's different from the real world, it's so strange and different and it just so happens that nobody is gay in this world, weird huh, what a wild fantasy

and looking at this game, it's literally a take on rimworld/dwarf fortress adventure mode which is amazing

immediate purchase, not even about his stance
HEAD TO TOE SOUL PLAYA

RE talking about it. No mention of the review bombing though hmm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/soulash-developer-homophobic-meltdown.963531/

It was bound to happen when he decided to kick the wasp nest. I think his first answer was perfectly fine but he took “the bait”. Yeshrug
(08-26-2024, 12:40 PM)Rendle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:27 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/post-127711332
ForumSmasher wrote:Agreed. I wish I could say that people being weird about boundaries was a new thing, but I've seen all kinds of shit. One of my friends like 15 years ago tried to flirt with Olivia Wilde while Jason Sudeikis was in the bathroom, for example. Fucker just walked right up to her and shot his shot while I died of embarrassment. People get really weird around famous people and it's always embarrassing to see from the outside and it sucks even more when you're receiving it.
The one thing I've never seen is people putting hands on celebrities outside of, like, a handshake, though. The idea that you're entitled to touch a stranger just because you like their music or saw them on TV or recognize them from social media is just unfathomable to me.
Yea I'm sure it was a "friend"
15 years ago? So two years before Sudekis and Wilde were dating? If you're going to lie at least lie well.
PlanetSmasher just did the typical "false anecdote to give merit to my bullshit I'm trying to get across." As in, quickly make something up so it looks like you have first hand experience on witnessing female celebrities being inappropriately asked out.

Besides, it's hard to believe someone as extremely unlikeable as PlanetSmasher would have friends, let alone friends with someone who would dare approach a woman. That wouldn't be anywhere near his moral high horse.
benji, i need an anonymous reporting system for a dog. pm me
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
Scandinavians Rolleyes
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
(08-26-2024, 11:32 AM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/

You are such a fucking tool, Doops.
Era spends a shocking amount of time and energy on teenage girl culture.
(08-26-2024, 01:06 PM)BananaBlast wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:40 PM)Rendle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:27 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/post-127711332
Yea I'm sure it was a "friend"
15 years ago? So two years before Sudekis and Wilde were dating? If you're going to lie at least lie well.
PlanetSmasher just did the typical "false anecdote to give merit to my bullshit I'm trying to get across." As in, quickly make something up so it looks like you have first hand experience on witnessing female celebrities being inappropriately asked out.

Besides, it's hard to believe someone as extremely unlikeable as PlanetSmasher would have friends, let alone friends with someone who would dare approach a woman. That wouldn't be anywhere near his moral high horse.

Planetsmasher is the one eyed man in the land of the blind, the true hero of the forum, all of it is voluntary, unlike the others he hasn't been sequestered there by the people around him, he just likes going there and being miserable
(08-26-2024, 01:34 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:32 AM)Boredfrom wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/

Teenage white girl culture. Dont forget that part.

The amount of grown ass men on that site who stan/worship all these pop artists that are 100% pandering to teenage girls is something else.
(08-26-2024, 01:34 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:

Given what a butterface that chick is, and how dogshit her music is, my guess is she's tired of 250 lbs men in dresses getting all "lesbian" with dollar store Gaga.
6 users liked this post: benji, Potato, killamajig, Superstar, Taco Bell Tower, D3RANG3D
EVAunit787 wrote:So if the average is being brough down by a couple of bigoted reviews, what is the real average then?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-outlaws-review-thread.963525/page-11#post-127718244

Bigoted against Star Wars, now we’ve seen it all lol
[Image: katy-perry.gif]
(07-29-2024, 08:09 AM)Boredfrom wrote:
Quote:Just on principle, we should just remake everything Whedon's ever done so it can be as good as it should be.

I’m also thinking about another Director that should have most of his stuff remade… just not by Whedon again.

(08-25-2024, 09:05 PM)Boredfrom wrote:
Tfritz wrote:Personally, that sounds bad and I don't think they should do that.

Dunno if sarcasm or serious.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-taliban-bans-the-sound-of-women’s-voices-singing-or-reading-in-public.963342/#post-127692987

Yes that is an awesome post
(08-26-2024, 02:39 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote:
EVAunit787 wrote:So if the average is being brough down by a couple of bigoted reviews, what is the real average then?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-outlaws-review-thread.963525/page-11#post-127718244

Bigoted against Star Wars, now we’ve seen it all lol

Game looks like an extreme B level game, with typical Ubi open-world loop. I usually don’t fall into the camp that buy these, but I did buy Rise of The Ronin which was the last time I played this type of game, and I got bored with it quick, unlike Ghosts of Tsushima which honestly was one of the most polished versions of the Ubi loop. This looks like it’s on the Ronin side of boring repetitive gameplay. But at least Ronin is  so basic that it doesn’t run into game breaking bugs, unlike Outlaws.

I’ll be skipping this one.
double post
They're mad about this one review:

Quote:Meanwhile, the uncharismatic, dimwitted, dim-witted, ridiculous, conceited antagonist who is supposed to pose a threat while doing exactly the opposite is apparently the only white man in the whole thing.

Where have I seen such ridiculous male characters lately…?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-outlaws-review-thread.963525/page-11#post-127719132

Which is funny because didn't they always claim that a reviewer is allowed to let their personal opinions and politics influence the score? It sure didn't bother them when it happened with Stellar Blade and Wukong
Quote:I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to just say "yeah i like your song" and move with their lives.

Thinking
https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-musician-chappell-roan-issues-powerful-statement-s-calling-out-fans-predatory-behavior-and-how-it-has-affected-her-and-become-normalized.963507/#post-127717878
malfoyking dateline='[url=tel:1724675777' wrote: 1724675777[/url]']
Boredfrom dateline='[url=tel:1724675084' wrote: 1724675084[/url]']
Gameboy Nostalgia dateline='[url=tel:1724673922' wrote: 1724673922[/url]']

HELLA BASED
[Image: chloe-price-hug.gif]
There is a ton of better fetish lesbian adventure games in the market. Trumps Life is Strange is too Tumblr to me. Yeshrug

The first life is strange was really good. it had all that but didn't put it before the actual story or general setting. but from part 2, that became the forefront and the series just pivoted to mainly only an lgbt series. sales have dropped with every entry after that so I'm not surprised.

The soundtrack is better than the game
(08-26-2024, 11:49 AM)DocWager wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:33 AM)BananaBlast wrote: Dustborn seems like a very clever shitpost. Masquerade as a woke, inclusive game, but is secretly bad on purpose to mock them.

There's no way they could think being "triggered" and "cancel" as special moves isn't shitpost material.

I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made as a grift. Stuff like this will catch people hating on it for being junk. While the crazies will say “Nuh-uh! This is amazing. You’re just saying it because you’re homophobic, transphobic, and a racist. You white-cis piece of shit!”, all the while they know it sucks, and proceed to drop cash on it to support it without actually playing it. A simple easy grift.

Apparently the game got 150.000 funding from the EU and 1.4 Million from Norway

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the whole budget.
I don't think it's a grift in the sense that they made something they don't believe in but I imagine they were well aware that no one will buy this game so they didn't put any of the studios money behind it
(08-26-2024, 03:27 PM)HaughtyFrank wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:33 AM)BananaBlast wrote: Dustborn seems like a very clever shitpost. Masquerade as a woke, inclusive game, but is secretly bad on purpose to mock them.

There's no way they could think being "triggered" and "cancel" as special moves isn't shitpost material.

I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made as a grift. Stuff like this will catch people hating on it for being junk. While the crazies will say “Nuh-uh! This is amazing. You’re just saying it because you’re homophobic, transphobic, and a racist. You white-cis piece of shit!”, all the while they know it sucks, and proceed to drop cash on it to support it without actually playing it. A simple easy grift.

I don't think it's a grift in the sense that they made something they don't believe in but I imagine they were well aware that no one will buy this game.

Mmmmmm… I wonder if they pulled a “Curt Shilling”. Because this game looks cheap as fuck.
Y'all used to be vikings.
(08-26-2024, 12:51 PM)Boredfrom wrote: It was bound to happen when he decided to kick the wasp nest. I think his first answer was perfectly fine but he took “the bait”. Yeshrug

turns out it was a great strategy

(08-26-2024, 08:54 AM)BananaBlast wrote: I seriously think there's a lot of autism and narcissism in the why women criticize threads, and it's certainly not just from Echos. A lot of the whining seems to stem from linear thinking patterns and an overinflated self of ego. "This big boob waifu makes me feel bad about myself, therefore it's awful and sexist"

(08-26-2024, 08:21 AM)Jansen wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukong-has-sold-10m-copies-3m-peak-ccu-all-platforms.961929/page-13#post-127707369

Yikes

Quote:It's absurd to translate Chinese to English literally and use it as evidence to prove the poster is sexist.
US people can never understand how some Chinese sentence can be so insulting translated to English while Chinese just laugh about it.
For those "evidence" of game creators being sexist, reaction of average Chinese people after reading them will be like:
The writer tries to look interesting and close to players by using vulgar words in a poetry-like form, displaying their excitement and worries after their trailer became viral. The resulted post is not sexist, just stupid and look uneducated.

The "good to jerk off" comment is also not sexist as read by average Chinese audience.
Chinese people don't find something sexist when there exist equivalent self-sexualizing terms used by both men and women. There is an even more popular term used by stupid female weibo/xiaohongshu users, "I'm ovulating right now", meaning they see some guy very attractive (mostly male artists). It's so annoying to some people and there are countless posts about these words and their usage. There are so many similar words people asking government to ban, not because they are sexist, but they are just vulgar and annoying, including some other words used by the game creators. "I'm wet", "Giving you some lower body enjoyment". They are frequently used by both men and women on Chinese internet.

Also I can understand why they told streamers to not discuss certain topics like feminist propaganda. Because that is no.1 bomb on Chinese social platforms. On Chinese social media, men complain they are devalued because there are so many requirements on them, like most men in China give most of their earnings to their wives to keep, also most men are expected to own a home before getting married, all these stuff. While women also think they are devalued, because on average women are paid less than men, harder to get a job because employers are unwilling to hire women who can potentially start their job for a week and become pregnant then start full pay leave for one year, etc. It backfired so hard because cultural difference. I think they should just say: stick to the game, restrain from unrelated topics like politics.
Calling it now: instant permanent ban.

Quote:User Banned (Permanent) - Troll Account, downplaying concerns of misogyny, Account in Junior Phase
(08-26-2024, 10:18 AM)Potato wrote:
(08-26-2024, 09:45 AM)Gameboy Nostalgia wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-54#post-127708287
razzMAtaZz wrote:Tbh I think these numbers are more a relection of the community's ability to be influenced by, well,influencers. Which is pretty sad really. The concord PR team has a hand in that for sure. But the game is clearly good, that's not in debate, and it's not a full price title, I mean if you're haggling over the price of concord ...what are you doing. It's a game that's only playable on a ps5 or a decent PC ...and the price of concord is apparently enough to have people grab pitch forks and run In to the streets? Uh huh...

That isn't what's going on here. It's pretty obvious what is.

lol

Was it ZeroVag who used to quote people's post count?

Nah, forgot his original username but he made a new account and uses a dog yawning avatar.  He used to try and bait people to use the n-word  lol

Edited: I think the username was The Kree or something
(08-26-2024, 03:52 PM)RetiredSkunk wrote: Y'all used to be vikings.

Now they are looting, and raping the system.
(08-26-2024, 04:08 PM)Uncle wrote:
(08-26-2024, 12:51 PM)Boredfrom wrote: It was bound to happen when he decided to kick the wasp nest. I think his first answer was perfectly fine but he took “the bait”. Yeshrug

turns out it was a great strategy

For now. I know how this usually goes, Uncle. But that's none of my business... 

Hope the dude takes the victory and don’t do anything dumb. He is already in the crosshairs.

I don't think it's a grift in the sense that they made something they don't believe in but I imagine they were well aware that no one will buy this game so they didn't put any of the studios money behind it

Grummz, though. Mike
when someone signal boosts these legitimate issues repeatedly and is consistently right about them, it's time to re-evaluate your stance

they hated him because he spoke the truth

Yeshrug
I’d rather have government funded arts than not.

Sometimes the result is shit from a butt, as with dustborn.

And that's why I'm engaged in the culture war. You can't ignore this shit, because it's literally my tax money that funds this nonsense under the guise of UN Sustainable Development Goals. There isn't enough bullshit to spend the money on, so they just invent "projects" and everyone involved gets a "cut" . And once they've spend all your hard earned tax money and their "project" flops they call you a racist, transphobe, sexist whatever. The people in the EU and NGO's are all the same type of DEI Marxist leeches who hand out money like candy and don't know what ROI means.  

Vote Trump and hopefully we can turn the tide. Cheap oil instead of wokeflation OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™
(08-26-2024, 05:55 PM)Nintex wrote:
(08-26-2024, 11:49 AM)DocWager wrote: I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made as a grift. Stuff like this will catch people hating on it for being junk. While the crazies will say “Nuh-uh! This is amazing. You’re just saying it because you’re homophobic, transphobic, and a racist. You white-cis piece of shit!”, all the while they know it sucks, and proceed to drop cash on it to support it without actually playing it. A simple easy grift.

And that's why I'm engaged in the culture war. You can't ignore this shit, because it's literally my tax money that funds this nonsense under the guise of UN Sustainable Development Goals. There isn't enough bullshit to spend the money on, so they just invent "projects" and everyone involved gets a "cut" . And once they've spend all your hard earned tax money and their "project" flops they call you a racist, transphobe, sexist whatever. The people in the EU and NGO's are all the same type of DEI Marxist leeches who hand out money like candy and don't know what ROI means.  

Vote Trump and hopefully we can turn the tide. Cheap oil instead of wokeflation OFFICIAL TEAM TRUMP SEAL OF QUALITY™

I don't see what the big deal is though. Can't they just print more money if they need more?  wtf?