Journal of Other Forum Analysis
A credentialed team of scholars investigate an elaborate social experiment
Quote:Lol I was watching Harry Potter with my wife the other day and randomly brought up the Quidditch World Cup game from PS2.

Was saying they should do something similar again for new consoles, but apparently they have? Never heard of it and now I get it free. Fun times.

Christ, no wonder they don’t feel safe over there

Valkaria wrote:Only 2 free games this month, that's a shame.

LMAO, they tried there hardest with this post
(08-28-2024, 04:53 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-fy-2024-h1-report-next-witcher-game-polaris-leave-pre-production-boston-studio-ramping-orion-next-cyberpunk-universe-title.966096/post-127833066

Sheev wrote:Hopefully less transphobia in their future games.

Sheev
Avenger
He/They/She

???

Pronouns: Yes
The people that pretend they can’t see Harry Potter are so extra weird to me, like the ones that would blank it out on sales charts just drawing more attention lol
They’re taking the Harry Potter news well. I thought they’d be organizing a boycott considering Sony is sending the ps+ membership dollars to fund a genocide. I guess it’s okay when your Sony.
I mean isn't it obvious that anything Sony will be handled with kids gloves? Like that sudden need to "self-reflect" about dunking on trainwrecks when Concord is being dunked on.
Nepenthe wrote:I know this is largely an aside, but still—

“I’m going to say something incredibly stupid.” 

relatable and grounded in the real world while keeping some of the details which make her so iconic

Nepenthe wrote:We didn't debate Nazism the first time though. We fought it in a war and then made it socially unpalatable through shame and mockery. We weren't platforming Nazism to defeat it in the marketplace of ideas because the very act of platforming an idea to be debated is inherently validation.

Furthermore, people are not swayed to causes by facts. They're swayed to causes by a need for community and good emotional appeals and rosy narratives. There's something about Nazi aesthetics, mythology, and grievances that speak to a subset of white men in particular that you're not going to actually combat by telling a Nazi why he's factually wrong about Jewish people. They simply like the idea that white men were once mighty warriors in the past and that they can be that mighty warrior again if they just oppress the minorities getting in the way of their inherent greatness.

Deplatforming, shame, legal restrictions, and even vigilantism, along with actually building community (I keep screaming at people to organize in their communities) are how you drive it so underground that is hard for even the loneliest people to even find these enclaves to get indoctrinated in the first place. Not putting Nazis on Hasan's show.
relatable and grounded in the real world while keeping some of the details which make her so iconic

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-political-gender-gap-is-growing-as-gen-z-men-favor-trump-while-women-overwhelmingly-favor-harris.963741/page-13#post-127837602

Holy projections, Batman. lol
Quote:Deplatforming, shame, legal restrictions, and even vigilantism, along with actually building community (I keep screaming at people to organize in their communities)

omfg
Moderator openly advocating for going full vigilante  Batmayne
Like the time that Rambo hunted down and killed the fuck outta that dude because he used that coupon to get $5 off his insulin
Doxxing is necessary because people did not believe me when I said those people were fake and terrible LARPERS. Just like they didn't believe me when I told everyone good devs were quitting en masse because of all the woke shit they disagreed with. "That's just a conspiracy Nintex" riotous or whoever the fuck said. "It's not like a single 'woke' person can ruin the next Batman game". Well lo and behold you dumb fuck.
Trumps 

"No Nintex, they're really Trans, you're just a bigot. No Nintex, they are really black, you are just a racist." 

Most of them are not black, not poor and not even trans but some suckers don't believe that until they see it for themselves and then they ignore the evidence.
And the problem is that they actually have a voice. Their "concerns" are taken seriously by people who aren't very smart. Look at all the media specifically produced for these people that don't exist (cuz they're larping) and thus end up as flops.  

BLM, Climate, Gaza and whatever the fuck the issue of the week is. It's all about skipping school, grifting and virtue signaling. Trying to outwoke one another. 

None of these people have any real issues so they make them up. With ResetEra and the trans nonsense that has escalated to making shit up, until they literally kill themselves in their own LARP but until then they are a real and present danger to society and ignoring them clearly didn't work and we're not even allowed to call them retards anymore even though some of them literally are.
Building communities while she is one of the most misanthropic and anti social people on the forum. lol 

Yes, tell us how vigilantism and social exclusion is actually good for society. It isn’t the same shit that alt righters and bigots spout? 

Is this girl sane?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/british-columbia-bans-cellphones-in-schools-ahead-of-the-2024-25-school-year.966288/

BUT BUT BUT THE TRANS KIDS
Quote:Deplatforming, shame, legal restrictions, and even vigilantism, along with actually building community (I keep screaming at people to organize in their communities) are how you drive it so underground that is hard for even the loneliest people to even find these enclaves to get indoctrinated in the first place. Not putting Nazis on Hasan's show.

Well, there you have it.  Nazism is too believable and tenable a position that it not only stands up to public scrutiny, it requires an exhaustive set of tools to combat its thrall on the nonsuspecting idiot public.  Really goes to show that Nepenthe thinks society is constantly teetering on the edge of a razor blade.  In her eyes, society hasn't developed a moral standard through unfortunate historical events, and learned and improved from the past, but minorities are constantly 1 inch away from gas chambers, so they must use the government to persecute anyone that even has a whiff of having a problematic belief system.  Don't worry though, the magically erudite, ancient Eldritch creatures known as "minorities" will properly wield all state power benevolently to make sure everything is done in keeping with proper protocol.  We don't need to rely on lessons of the past, because people can't learn anything and nothing ever advances.  We'll rely on the chosen ones of humanity.  Lord knows you've been doing a great job.  Go fucking clean up the Pepsi on aisle 2.
It's so dumb to be afraid of new technology, like banning paper in favor of stone tablets. 

They just need to learn these kids some discipline but teachers are too soy to handle 8 year olds so I don't
3 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, D3RANG3D, Taco Bell Tower
Badass

I never suspected that Nintex was all in for corporal punishment in school.
(08-28-2024, 06:02 PM)Boredfrom wrote: Is this girl sane?

[Image: bdd.jpg]
(08-28-2024, 03:40 PM)kaleidoscopium wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-september-quidditch-champions-mlb-the-show-24-little-nightmares-ii.966057/

PlayStation giving the new Harry Potter quidditch game away for free. Will it fall under the Hogwarts legacy ban lol

I was going to buy a PS5 but nevermind.  Why bother now when my hard earned paycheck is going to be sent to that TERF BITCH JOANNE thanks to Sony funding the trans genocide with this September freebie  Stahp
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hit-game-black-myth-wukong-faces-backlash-after-telling-players-not-to-discuss-%E2%80%98feminist-propaganda%E2%80%99-guardian.965667/page-2#post-127821567

Quote: Cop What backlash? Some vocal minority that is trying to push this narrative.
Kyubajin wrote:What backlash? Some vocal minority that is trying to push this narrative.
(08-28-2024, 04:53 PM)jooseloose wrote: https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd-projekt-fy-2024-h1-report-next-witcher-game-polaris-leave-pre-production-boston-studio-ramping-orion-next-cyberpunk-universe-title.966096/post-127833066

Sheev wrote:Hopefully less transphobia in their future games.

Sheev
Avenger
He/They/She

???

What was transphobic about Cyberpunk 2077?
4 users liked this post: Gameboy Nostalgia, Potato, D3RANG3D, MJBarret
The latest Ubisoft boondoggle is just incredible. They charged $130 for early access but now they recommend starting over after installing the latest patch  lol

[Image: GWFKsMuawAA8zFM?format=png]
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pcgamer-the-eagerness-to-grave-dance-on-unpopular-games-has-become-a-bad-habit.965427/page-12#post-127813161

Quote: Cop User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
Gnostic wrote:
BearBobomb wrote:Hey there it is, was wondering how long until you blamed their "politics" (I think we found out why you dont like the idea of defending Concord)
Are you suggesting that "politics" doesn't impact your opinion of games? Here's your opportunity to state loudly for the thread that you think a game made by and catering directly to literal Nazi chud incel misogynist homophobe transphobe White males is of no lesser quality, ceteris paribus, than another game that doesn't.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-myth-wukongs-content-creator-guidelines-include-not-mentioning-feminist-propaganda-politics-etc%E2%80%99-up-confirmed.955914/page-10#post-127328856

Quote: Cop User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns of misogyny
dark494 wrote:
Rickyrozay2o9 wrote:Wait so who's to blame for this, the publisher or the developers?
Publisher but people are gonna blame both regardless
https://www.resetera.com/threads/concord-debuts-on-steam-with-600-player-ccu.962340/page-79#post-127830657
Quote:I really didn't expect this thread to get so big
Quote:When what will likely be the biggest flop of the generation for Sony rolls around, it inspires some discussion
FTFY
Also, 80 fucking pages  Tocry
Well, PS5 has no games so there is nothing else for the Sony Ponies to do I don't
(08-28-2024, 06:26 PM)Nintex wrote: The latest Ubisoft boondoggle is just incredible. They charged $130 for early access but now they recommend starting over after installing the latest patch  lol

[Image: GWFKsMuawAA8zFM?format=png]

Surprised RE is ignoring this so far. Absolutely perfect encapsulation of what people hate about Ubisoft.

I'd love to hear Cunting Eden try to defend it
(08-28-2024, 03:58 PM)Ethan wrote:
Quote:I've been saying it for a while here but the English speaking creator/streamer/influencer world needs more "Hasan Type" guys that are tall and physically strong to speak to a variety of topics and niches to pull away kids and young men.

Even someone like creator Ludwig mentioned that he started working out and getting fit because he didn't want to appear like a "soy boy" online while having leftist views even though he tries not to get political.

I don't understand why even here you have pushback against Hasan even though he's literally one of the few progressive online voices that works to move men away from radicalization.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-political-gender-gap-is-growing-as-gen-z-men-favor-trump-while-women-overwhelmingly-favor-harris.963741/page-13

omfg

Yeah, the solution is having the exact same types of obnoxious bros, but this time yelling "trans rights are human rights" and "free Gaza" instead.

Imagine suggesting the opposite. 

Women are in crisis: the solution for these vulnerable girls is to expose them to more coke-bottle girls with gorgeous tits and beautiful hair to look up to! With leftist politics, of course.
Mouf
(08-28-2024, 06:36 PM)Nintex wrote: Well, PS5 has no games so there is nothing else for the Sony Ponies to do I don't
I'm still doing runs on Returnal.
OH!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-i-really-have-to-be-alive-for-another-40-years.966159/
Quote:Life is such a chore. All I do is wake up, go to work, and go to sleep.

I don't find enjoyment in pretty much anything anymore and the idea of living the same day over and over sounds horrible.

I wouldn't necessarily consider myself "at-risk", but I'm curious if anyone else struggles with similar thoughts or feelings.

Quote:It really kinda sucks

Quote:The problem is not that you have to, the problem is the routine we're forced into.
I also hate the idea of doing this shit for another 40 years but what's the alternative?

Quote:I do poor diet and ignore symptoms to try and get there quicker. I have some chest pains sometimes, could be indigestion could be something else, guess I'll find out.

Quote:I have been at the same job for 17 years now. I am 43. and the other day I realized I have to work another 25 years to retire which is 150% more time than I have spent at my current job. this shit fucking sucks. everything is a chore. painting, drawing, playing games, relationships, waking up, going to work. not much joy in it anymore. I wish someone could just put me in a new place. everyone gives me advice but it all just sounds so monumentally hard to do. so I understand where you're coming from OP.

Quote:If it makes you feel better, every day is a gamble that you might lose. Even walking out the door in the morning might be the last thing you do. Life is full of uncertainty. You could be here for 40 more years, or 40 more minutes. Smile!

Quote:I've got less than 30 years, if I match my oldest relative in my direct line. Of course, I quit smoking by 30 and drinking by exactly one year ago today, so maybe I'll make it 31, 32 years (tops) more.

Great forum, Bdumbs.
(08-28-2024, 06:55 PM)DavidCroquet wrote:
(08-28-2024, 06:36 PM)Nintex wrote: Well, PS5 has no games so there is nothing else for the Sony Ponies to do I don't
I'm still doing runs on Returnal.
OH!

Returnal is the best next gen exclusive, game fucking rules and it's design standouts are popping up in all sorts of stuff (romulus and 65 come to mind immediately)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-terry-bogard-a-shoto.966351/
entremetGPT
Quote:Shotos, an archetype that comes from SF, is an "all around character" that is easy to pick up for beginners. They usually have a fireball and uppercut at least and some horizontal travel move like a hurricane kick.

Terry has been getting a lot of love of late. Poor Kyo.

Now that he joins a mainline SF, do we consider him a Shoto? He has a fireball, although grounded. He also has an "upper cut" and a horizontal travel move.

Notable confirmed Shotos:
Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Dan
Sakura
Sean
This bot has SNK pfp and profile background is KOF
omfg

Aurica
Quote:I thought that said shota and was even more confused
Sure, buddy.  Sure